Crown

Board: Porsche - Boxster Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 981 S spec - comments welcome

Pleased that I specced agate for my  981.

Niiiiice. Like that kiss

--

2011 987S, 1964 Type 1

MarkYorkshire:

Pleased that I specced agate for my  981.

Now that is one great looking Boxster! Smiley Very nice color.

Wonder if red interior and roof would suit to Agate Smiley Could make a nice contrast to the grey body.

Platinum wheels might be nice too. The silver ones do stand out a bit "too much" IMHO.

--

997.2 Carrera S in Carrara White. PASM-Sport Suspension (-20 mm), PSE.

987.1 Boxster S in Arctic Silver. OZ Racing Ultraleggera Wheels, H&R Monotube Coil-Over Suspension, H&R Anti-Roll Bars, Sachs Racing Clutch, Single-Mass Flywheel, IPD Plenum, GT3 Throttle Body, Recaro Pole Position Seats, PSE, Alpine Head Unit and Amplifier, Focal Speakers

Many congrats PJ !!!

Go for matt grey wheel painted option, its the best option (besides PSE) in our 991 !!! It makes it even better looking.

Our dealer is giving us a test car for mid May for a complete weekend !! We may end up getting the boxster (non S) to give company to the 991 in lonely nights !!! indecision But we must sell one of ours cars to make space !! Will post a complete review with again many pics !!!

Congrats and cant wait for your delivery day pics and review, specially in comparison with your track weapon !kiss

--

Lots of colour options on this thread..kiss

I'm still thinking white with black rims and red/black combo interior..

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

John H:

I'm with you on the white with black wheels Smiley  - but I do like yachting blue interior and soft top with white Smiley

--

Porsche 997 Carrera S PDK Aqua Blue / Black - Toyota Yaris D4D  "Clockwork Rat"

John H:

Fully agree with you and Easy that this would be a dream combo (though with a red darker than Carrera Red), but this Exclusive option could postpone production until 2013, which would be not so favourable from a tax point of view SmileyTherefore we decided to stick to the standard colours. Maybe I'll try again to get a comittment from Porsche for a 2012 build date for an individual interior.

Unfortunately all the German PZs only have black and white demo cars with black interiors, hence there is no chance to see other colour combos in the flesh unless we would travel to UK where astonishingly all kind of colour combos are displayed in the showrooms Smiley

@ itsme: yes, signal yellow would be very nice, but again a PTS option delaying production.....the Racing Yellow looks fantastic in the pics (probably even the colour showing the design of the 981 best Smiley), but maybe a bit too loud for a daily driver...hard to tell without having seen the car in the flesh.

Guards Red also will look great, but the non metallic reds do no age too well and probably we will keep the car for many years.

So we are back to our original choices Smiley

From Interior to Exterior: we very much like the idea of a bicolor interior - IMHO it very nicely underlines the interior design of the car - flow of the center console into the dashboard etc. (looks even better as in the 991), but I'm not sure whether the Agathe/Pebble is "too white" ? I am aware that pics usually show the grey tones brighter compared to their appearance in real life, would love to see the combo in the flesh... This combo certainly wouldn't work with White exterior colour, but could be very nice with Aqua.

From Exterior to Interior: White with Yachting or with Espresso (hi Porker SmileySmiley ) Friend of mine called this combo the jet-powered chocolate-box  Smiley Actually we loved the Cocoa in our 987S and never got bored with it, but it became second choice as we fancy a change after six years of Chocolate (still a close runner-up).

@ sfo: April production slot ? - fantastic SmileyHope you get some sleep...the day must be very near...

@ Jonathanbr: many congrats - this baby will look great in Aqua! What interior combo did you go for ?

@ Alex: great Smiley I am looking forward to your driving report (I'll try to be faster than you, but not sure whether I have time available for an extensive ride and report...) Of course I fully agree on the Platinum painted wheels and I am happy to hear that you also like them a lot Smiley

As I have no chance to see the colours in the flesh here some pics to keep the discussion alive Smiley

981_achat_kiesel_interieur.JPG

981_achat_kiesel_front.JPG 981_achat_kiesel_dashboard.JPG

guards_achatkiesel_cab_991.JPG guards_achatkiesel_cab_open_991.JPG

aqua-achatkiesel-981.JPG

--

public roads: Porsche 987 S Seal/Cocoa, toll road Smiley : Porsche 997 GT3 Arctic/Black

saw a racing yellow 991 C2S coupe .. really didn't like it. Speed yellow is so much better. Racing yellow is the yellow you use for Renaults, not Porsches. FAIL.

Agate grey and pebble interior is very lovely, and would go well with a red car .. the agate grey leather on this combo looks suspiciously like espresso to me.

I almost ordered carrara white with espresso leather and brown roof ... didn't because I was not sure about the brown roof, and had not seen 1 before.

white with agate grey/amber orange leather interior with black roof would look stunning

sfo:

Agate grey and pebble interior is very lovely, and would go well with a red car .. the agate grey leather on this combo looks suspiciously like espresso to me.

Definitely Agate - actually it looks somewhat brownish depending on the light, the Espresso is much darker.

--

public roads: Porsche 987 S Seal/Cocoa, toll road Smiley : Porsche 997 GT3 Arctic/Black

I like the look of the silver with red interior that's been in lots of the promotional photos but I'm worried the full red might be too overwhelming. Has anyone seen any red/black or red/grey interiors that work well?

Martin Day:

I like the look of the silver with red interior that's been in lots of the promotional photos but I'm worried the full red might be too overwhelming. Has anyone seen any red/black or red/grey interiors that work well?

only full red available at the moment. wonder if they will do bi colour with red, like they do with agate and pebble grey 

sfo:
    Martin Day:

only full red available at the moment. wonder if they will do bi colour with red, like they do with agate and pebble grey 

I think a version of the full leather agate grey / amber orange with carrera red instead of amber orange might be a good solution for me.

I'm Sure they will do Leather to sample once they have got over the initial batch of launch spec cars - Paint to sample is now listed in the German Price List at Euro 4165 for the Boxster, with an additional 6 months lead time

Jonathanbr:

I'm Sure they will do Leather to sample once they have got over the initial batch of launch spec cars - Paint to sample is now listed in the German Price List at Euro 4165 for the Boxster, with an additional 6 months lead time

that makes UK price of £2833 positively cheap!

sfo:
    Porsche-Jeck:
    Sales guy said it's already painted in the new white, hard to tell any difference from Carrara White, but then it was a rather dark garage...

white_front.JPG

I thought white is in production from June or July only, and that carrara white continues until then

Just a quick update on the "right" Smiley White. Indeed all the showroom cars already are painted in the new White.  Simple explanation: there is no point in showing new cars in a colour you can't order anymore (except as PTS). And indeed when comparing a white 981 to a nearby parked white 987 it became obvious that the "old" Carrara White appears a bit more "creamy" whereas the new White appears somewhat cleaner/sharper.

--

Finally case closed Smiley White, Carrera Classic wheels, red top, black full  leather, red accents like seat belts etc. Smiley

--

Congratulations . You can not go wrong with this combo. Looking forward to^the pics.... and even better, to see it in real life

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Ah, only the waiting game left now... Nice combo!

Porsche-Jeck:

Finally case closed Smiley White, Carrera Classic wheels, red top, black full  leather, red accents like seat belts etc. Smiley

1337415185608clap.gif

Porsche-Jeck:

Wow... what an interesting combination. I do not want to know how much time your wife has put into that configuration. Do the rims remain in white or in std. silver? When is the planned delivery date?

Smiley

Porsche-Jeck:

that will be lovely ... red center console trim?

or red floor mats?

Porsche-Jeck:

Congratulations PJ kiss I'm sure it will look as magnificent as your seal grey / cocoa 987S. blush I hope we get a chance to meet up and hopefully see it later on in the summer (probably last week of August as it looks at the moment) wink

SWMBO has just wistfully read your thread and she would much prefer a new 981S than even the 997S we've got - she misses the cobalt blue 987S so much..... surprise

--

Porsche 997 Carrera S PDK Aqua Blue / Black - Toyota Yaris D4D  "Clockwork Rat"

Gnil:

Congratulations . You can not go wrong with this combo. Looking forward to^the pics.... and even better, to see it in real life

Thanks, Gnil - won't be too long until you see the baby in the flesh SmileySmiley

--

Ferdie:

Wow... what an interesting combination. I do not want to know how much time your wife has put into that configuration. Do the rims remain in white or in std. silver? When is the planned delivery date?

Smiley

Yes, Ferdie - many hours Smiley With the other combos on our short list there was always something missing (for example red stitching not yet available with a Guards Red / Black combo etc....). The White / Black / Red colour combo somehow follows the 996 GT3 RS colour theme, which I always liked a lot Smiley

And then I found a pic of a similar specced 991S Cab - looks quite sexy IMHO Smiley

weissrot991_1.JPG

As for the wheels: we changed from CarreraS to Carrera Classics (see pic above), which comes in bicolor shade ("titanium") anyway:

weissrot981_front.jpg weissrot981_heck.jpg

--

sfo:

that will be lovely ... red center console trim?

or red floor mats?

Black floor mats with red stitching / red leather "frame", red sport chrono watch, other interior colour trim will be decided after delivery (Exclusive is not yet able to deliver ex factory), maybe the center console frame, maybe the lower half of the exterior mirrors...we'll see Smiley

@ DC: Yes, looking forward to it - latter half of August should be fine Smiley

--

I'm about to put my order in for a 981 and need some help in choosing.  Since all Porsche in China costs 2.5-3.5x what it costs in the US, at the current rate I'm specing the car, the total price tag will be almost $200,000 for the S.  So trying to cut down on some of the costs, wondering if people could give me some feedback on the below:

1. Is Sports Chrono worth getting, considering it is a $6000 option in China?  Don't plan on doing any drag races, so can someone who has test driven the car let me know if performance wise, there is a big difference?  We have it on our Panamera S, but very rarely used.
    2. For those who have seen the carrea red leather in person, is it that much brighter than the previous red?  I have the red leather in my current boxter, from the ads, it seems the carrera red is not that much brighter, besides the top, however, pics without photoshop seems to tell a different story.
    3. I like the way the Carrea Classic wheels look, but again, it is a $3000 mark up from the Carrea S 20", which I could save to get the air pressure monitor, which I probably need due to frequency of getting punctures in China.  Alternatively, anyone suggest that I just get the 19" due to nails and screws all over the streets because of the whole country being a construction site?
    4. I'm getting the Sports Exhaust with sound management, it seems like everyone likes it and think it is worth getting?
    5. What interior color and top options works for Platnium Silver if I don't get the Carrera Red interior/red top? 
    6. What interior color and top options works for Aqua if I don't get the Carrera Red interior/red top? 

Any suggestions welcome, I just saw the real car in person this weekend and the "ass" sealed the deal.  Have good relationships with the dealer and they promised me that I will get the first Boxter S in Shanghai/China if I put my order in soon!

Actually looks very nice kiss add a few "go faster" racing stickers and the Mrs. is ready to follow you on the ring indecision

--
    Off enjoying my car...

Hello All,

New to this forum and seriously thinking about putting down a deposit on one of these little beauties. 

Thoughts on this colour combo... 

Dark Blue Metallic, 20-inch Carrera S wheels in platinum (silk gloss), black leather, black roof.

Cheers!

Blue 981 Boxster.jpg

I've personally never liked the combination of blue and black. My personal taste:

-completely blue (with blue interior and roof)

-with espresso leather and brown roof

also, if one is willing to pay extra for painting the wheels, I'd go for the Carrera S-wheels in the exterior-colour.

Platinum and Blue don't seem to match IMO...

Floyd1:

Hello All,

New to this forum and seriously thinking about putting down a deposit on one of these little beauties. 

Thoughts on this colour combo... 

Dark Blue Metallic, 20-inch Carrera S wheels in platinum (silk gloss), black leather, black roof.

Cheers!

Blue 981 Boxster.jpg

that is a nice build. remember a blue on black 997 cab at my dealor. looked amazing

--

2012 991 C2S -PDK / 2010 997.2 turbo cab manual, sold / 2008 Cayenne GTS Manual /2008 RS 60 sold /04 C4S sold - 08 Cayenne Turbo PDCC sold

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    776521 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441406 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262621 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260777 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85068 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5494 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880426 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815517 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM