Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

The world's ugliest camouflaged Ferrari....

The new Enzo test mule....?

ferrari-enzo-test-mule-spy-shots_100388938_m.jpg

Re: The world's ugliest camouflaged Ferrari....

Yes.

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

The lines and proportion are very promising.  I'd say even better looking than Enzo when completed.

Jean:

I'd say even better looking than Enzo when completed.

Well, that isn't very hard to achieve, is it? Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

I think that is just another one of those body kits to try to make an old Pontiac Fiero look like a Ferrari 

One of the better amongst them IMO.

looks like it's going back to 308-355 times, when Ferraris looked like Ferrari's.

Rossi:
    Jean:

It's very hard indeed. Smiley

What we see here is a test mule, not a prototype. It is based largely on the 458. The finished article has no visual resemblence to this.

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

REALZEUS:
    Rossi:
    Jean:

It's very hard indeed. Smiley

What we see here is a test mule, not a prototype. It is based largely on the 458. The finished article has no visual resemblence to this.

No kidding?  Smiley

--

fritz

Wow, aren't you guys in a sarcastic mood!

Okay, let me rephrase.

I think certain factors will stay exactly the same even in the finished version, such as wheel base, relative driver position in between the wheels, length of rear overhang from the center of the rear wheel to the end of exhaust pipe, where the DSG coupled with the Ferrari designed compact HYKERS sits.  

Overall, I think the styling will be much much better than the Enzo.  Enzo was a bit too much cab-forward.

But Enzo is the greatest looking Ferrari ever, has the performance to back up the looks and it looks fast even when standing still.

Clean purposeful lines, no cartoonish curves like those 60s Ferrari.

Nah mate, the F40 is 100,000x times nicer and more raw at that. A true beast of a supercar. After that the F355 is stunning also.

However, i think Ferrari is on the right track lately. The 599 is pretty cool, the 458 very interesting and fresh and this new F12 is amazing!

If they can go back to F40 styling and call the new Enzo simply the F70, i'll be happy with it.

Whoopsy:

But Enzo is the greatest looking Ferrari ever, has the performance to back up the looks and it looks fast even when standing still.

I agree about the purposeful design, but many times the fact that something achieves what it sets out to do doesn't mean it did it gracefully. The Enzo is probably the most impressive Ferrari to date, with the best road presence, hell I know my heart skips a beat every time I've seen one in real life. But its because of its comading and imposing proportions and styling, not because its the best looking Ferrari ever. Lets face it, the Enzos styling is damn funky. It's impressive and awe inspiring, and magnificent to look at. But its not "good looking" in the literal sense of the words. 

Jean:

Okay, let me rephrase.

I think certain factors will stay exactly the same even in the finished version, such as wheel base, relative driver position in between the wheels, length of rear overhang from the center of the rear wheel to the end of exhaust pipe, where the DSG coupled with the Ferrari designed compact HYKERS sits.  

Overall, I think the styling will be much much better than the Enzo.  Enzo was a bit too much cab-forward.

Ι wasn't being sarcastic but I am afraid you are wrong. This is just a test rig. It's a mocked up 458 with the new Enzo running gear. The actual car has different proportions. Smiley

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

Whoopsy:

I agree wholeheartedly! Smiley

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

Atzporsche:

Nah mate, the F40 is 100,000x times nicer and more raw at that. A true beast of a supercar. After that the F355 is stunning also.

However, i think Ferrari is on the right track lately. The 599 is pretty cool, the 458 very interesting and fresh and this new F12 is amazing!

If they can go back to F40 styling and call the new Enzo simply the F70, i'll be happy with it.

See? This is a matter of personal opinion. The F40 was great back in the '80s but the Enzo makes it look 50 years old! Smiley

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

Enmanuel:
    Whoopsy:

I agree about the purposeful design, but many times the fact that something achieves what it sets out to do doesn't mean it did it gracefully. The Enzo is probably the most impressive Ferrari to date, with the best road presence, hell I know my heart skips a beat every time I've seen one in real life. But its because of its comading and imposing proportions and styling, not because its the best looking Ferrari ever. Lets face it, the Enzos styling is damn funky. It's impressive and awe inspiring, and magnificent to look at. But its not "good looking" in the literal sense of the words. 

That is the point of a hypercar. It's supposed to be awe inspiring, like a fighter jet or a tank.

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

REALZEUS:
    Jean:

Okay, let me rephrase.

Ι wasn't being sarcastic but I am afraid you are wrong. This is just a test rig. It's a mocked up 458 with the new Enzo running gear. The actual car has different proportions. Smiley

Wow, you say that I am wrong very authoritatively.  Do you work for Ferrari? Smiley

Even the test rig has to stick to certain standards, and I'm pretty sure that wheel base will not change in the final version.  Time will tell.

No, I do not work for Ferrari but certain things I do happen to know. wink

Anyway, take care mate!

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

Atzporsche:

F40 is not an original design, it's an evolution of the 288GTO, and the 308/328 design with a boy racer wing. It looks awesome in the 80s but already outdated a decade later. It's a time period specific design that doesn't stand the test of time. It is raw that for sure but raw doesn't means the best.

Enzo is more timeless, it's also an original design that looks like nothing before and nothing will look like it again. Now that's the criteria for a timeless classic. It's already a decade old but it doesn't look the age at all.

In contrast, if you see a 250GT on the street, first thing you will noticed is wow that's an OLD car. It has a period specific ugly bumpers and other old age design cues, it's NOT a timeless classic.

REALZEUS:

Anyway, take care mate!

Like when you knew the exact power output of the F12?Smiley

You are obviously wrong and jean is right of courseSmiley

Futch:
    REALZEUS:

Anyway, take care mate!

To my recollection I was not off on that one either. 740 it was all along. Smiley

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

REALZEUS:
    Futch:
    REALZEUS:

Anyway, take care mate!

To my recollection I was not off on that one either. 740 it was all along. Smiley

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

"All along" after you revised it downwards a little from 900hp Smiley : 

http://www.rennteam.com/forum/page1.html?vs=1#post21

Were your "sources" the same ones back then too? 

--

fritz

fritz:
    REALZEUS:
    Futch:
    REALZEUS:

Anyway, take care mate!

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

"All along" after you revised it downwards a little from 900hp Smiley : 

http://www.rennteam.com/forum/page1.html?vs=1#post21

Were your "sources" the same ones back then too? 

Ahem... are you confusing the Enzo replacement I was talking about with the F12, or not? Smiley

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

Not arguing anymore SmileyCheck this video out Smiley

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/04/23/high-end-video-of-high-end-detail-job-on-high-end-ferrari/#continued

Hi Futch,

Why do I suspect that you have an F12 on order? smiley

Jean:

Hi Futch,

Why do I suspect that you have an F12 on order? smiley

Sorry no I haven't. I bought a 599 bought brand new, fitted it with HGTE, good GT but the pain at resale was to great to ignore and the F12 won't be an exception, it will be worth 50% of its value within 3 to 4 years.

Very nice car, good specs on paper but I will never buy a new V12 Ferrari again except supercars. I will try the new Enzo if I like it and mostly if Ferrari decides I'm worthy.

In the meantime, I have followed MKSGR's advice and bought an F40 to complete the 288 GTO!Smiley

It is currently being fitted with new fuel tanks, more news soon!

Futch:

In the meantime, I have followed MKSGR's advice and bought an F40 to complete the 288 GTO!Smiley

Great move !!  My favorite Ferrari of the last 30 years Smiley But it needs to be treated with care.... lots of overheating 

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Whoopsy:

F40 is not an original design, it's an evolution of the 288GTO, and the 308/328 design with a boy racer wing. It looks awesome in the 80s but already outdated a decade later. It's a time period specific design that doesn't stand the test of time. It is raw that for sure but raw doesn't means the best.

Enzo is more timeless, it's also an original design that looks like nothing before and nothing will look like it again. Now that's the criteria for a timeless classic. It's already a decade old but it doesn't look the age at all.

In contrast, if you see a 250GT on the street, first thing you will noticed is wow that's an OLD car. It has a period specific ugly bumpers and other old age design cues, it's NOT a timeless classic.

+1

I share the same opinion.

--

ONUR

11 E92 M3 CP 

09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

Futch:

Awesome SmileySmiley

Enjoy your toys in good health Smiley

--

ONUR

11 E92 M3 CP 

09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

Futch:

SmileySmileySmiley

BlueflameSmiley

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    762508 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    435386 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260522 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257581 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80952 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5321 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

872309 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    807677 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM