Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Panamera Facelift...according to latest info, not in 2012

those are a honking set of snows on the 20 inch wheel

--

2012 991 C2S -manual / 2010 997.2 turbo cab manual, sold / 2008 Cayenne GTS Manual /2008 RS 60 sold /04 C4S sold - 08 Cayenne Turbo PDCC sold

Thanks Misha. However,zoomzoom I am not seeing much difference from current Panamera Turbo front end.

--

2006 997 C2S Cab, Triple Black,  2006 Cayenne Titanium Iceland Silver Metalic New York

Interesting news from CAR:

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Secret-new-cars/Search-Results/Spyshots/Porsche-Panamera-facelift-2013-all-new-Panamera-Mk2/

New 4S version with a 3.0 Twin Turbo V6? V8 TDI?

--

1987 911 Carrera 3.2 - 2012 Cayenne Diesel

Not many changes regarding the engines on the facelift, just a more powerful Diesel maybe and no, it doesn't look like a completely new car. How could it...the base chassis stays the same, only bumpers and front lights will be changed and to some point the back lights.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Just heard from an reliable source that the rear kight mimic will be holistic like the 991 design. The shape will be a bit more slim. Hopefully its true what he said!

If facelift comes in at 2013, what sense to introduce next generation at 2015? Only 2 years!!!

Lars997:
    Just heard from an reliable source that the rear kight mimic will be holistic like the 991 design. The shape will be a bit more slim. Hopefully its true what he said!

I wonder how they can achieve it because the body stays 100% the same, just adjustments for the new frontlights and backlights, which could be achieved by actually only changing the bumpers.

One thing is for sure though: The facelift will be as effective as the facelift of the first generation Cayenne. Which sounds like good news. The approach is the same.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

RC:
    Lars997:

I wonder how they can achieve it because the body stays 100% the same, just adjustments for the new frontlights and backlights, which could be achieved by actually only changing the bumpers.

One thing is for sure though: The facelift will be as effective as the facelift of the first generation Cayenne. Which sounds like good news. The approach is the same.

The guy is a Porsche supplier, so far his information have been reliable. 

In the most facelifts we have seen changes of the plastic-body parts like the bumpers. So I would expect to see this on the Panamera, too. I dont think they are changing the metal as this would mean to make new press-forms and those are owned by Porsche itself and costs millions. But, speaking of the Cayenne1 Facelift, we even have seen new front fenders and a new hood - so they went the full road to make adjustments.

Nevertheless, the Panamera is pretty much perfect beside the rear which most of us never liked. I think giving a new mimic to the rear lights might change a lot already. I wouldn't need any other changes needed to that beautiful car.

With some clever restyling of bumpers and lighting units things can be concealed without changing the metal.

Think how much the previous generation BMW 7 series (Bangle) was improved at facelift by just elongating the rear lights and putting a chrome strip. 

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:

With some clever restyling of bumpers and lighting units things can be concealed without changing the metal.

This is exactly what Porsche is going to do but of course it can't be excluded that new rear fenders are necessary (I think the front fenders are going to stay the same... Smiley). Surprise, surprise...I guess...I haven't seen anything new regarding the Panamera lately.

As to the rumored 2015 introduction of the next generation Panamera: According to one of our sources, this is actually the reason why the Panamera facelift won't be as extensive as primarily intended. The latest rumor actually indicated new frontlights only and just the same backlight design with a different "interior design" of the light assembly. It is difficult to explain. The whole overhaul should give the Panamera a slicker design, it should look smaller and less "bulky". Since I haven't actually seen the car, I can only take a guess on how effective this will be.

Don't expect anything revolutionary though, the next generation Panamera is just too close. The facelift will make the Panamera look more up-to-date though, there is no doubt about it.

--

I may be wierd, but from the design point of view the rear of the car has more substance than the front!

And also to me, the previous 7er FL was total let down. Front lights were just horrid. The whole car lost design logic and fluidity. The original design, although to some ugly, was bolder, stronger and clean design story...

I checked out a BMW 6 series Gran Coupe yesterday and it looks very nice indeed (not very practical though), and a beauty compared to the Panamera.

Porsche design department should give all their effort to improve the next generation Panamera in the face of similar cars from BMW and Mercedes. Porsche should ask Ital Design (90% owned by the VW Group since 2010) to submit a proposal at least.

I don't know how the GC drives because I declined an offer to drive it. But on looks, which is important in this category,  it betters the Porsche.

--

"Form follows function"

While the Panamera isn't a beauty, by no means, the design kind of started to grow on me and many seem to like it, especially those people not involved with Porsche cars in a way or another. Maybe they just like the Panamera because it is expensive, I don't know but looking at how many Panamera Porsche sold, I think that this car is a success and changing it too much could be a mistake.

I rather think that Porsche will make it look slicker and more refined but everything else will stay the same.

I met a CLS (latest version) yesterday on the Autobahn and while this car sends a message, I think that in a couple of years, you can't look at it anymore. Same goes to the old CLS (I know we have discussed this before).

The Panamera reminds me a lot of the first generation Cayenne, the facelift already corrected lots of the design flaws in a very intelligent way, without a major overhaul and the latest Cayenne design is almost perfect in my opinion, with the exception of the rear lights maybe.

I don't know why the press (and people) always expect the Cayenne or the Panamera to look like a 911, this is kind of a huge mistake to make the assumption that the Porsche design department would use design elements from the 911 for both, especially regarding the front- and backlights.  The shape is a different story but don't expect the Panamera to look like the 911...ever.

--

Good analysis, RC.  First, you are going to love your PTS, with its low stance, rims, color combination, and overall clean--if not perfect--design.  Like all Porsches, the PTS looks better in the flesh than in pictures, and presents both an elegant and menacing image.  I think it is has a lower ride height than the 991, and this aspect alone enhances the appeal.

The facelift will of course improve the looks--just as the Cayenne facelift did--and the second generation Panamera will be a stunner--just like the second generation Cayenne.

But none of these future iterations should diminish the fact that you are about to pick up one fabulous car next week!

Wonderbar:

But none of these future iterations should diminish the fact that you are about to pick up one fabulous car next week!

Do you know more than I do because right now, I have no clue where my car is... Smiley Smiley

Joking aside, I hope that I'm going to be able to pick it up this week but I'm not too sure about it. I have very little time and I also don't have any indication when it is going to arrive.

--

New video:  http://www.worldcarfans.com/112060144943/porsche-panamera-facelift-spied-in-traffic-video

It should come out after 3.5 years. It was debuted in 2009.5, so it is only natural to expect the facelift at the start of 2013.

Found this rendering from AutoEvolution, who in turn sourced it from another site.

In summation: looks like another graft of the 911's DRL units and an integration of the 991's headlight units into the Panamera's, but it doesn't actually look half bad. The nose looks better integrated, the air intakes and DRLs align with the headlight size like they do on the Boxster and Cayenne, and it looks visibly smaller.

My two cents: I'm sure Porsche will smooth out that bottom wavelike kink in the headlight to make it a smoother design like the Cayenne's, but I still have a feeling we'll see more 911 in the nose.

rulesdontapply

This is wrong. 

Currently, facelift seems to be delayed until autumn 2013. indecision

--

That front fits actually the Panamera better then the 911 . On the Pana, it's not the back that is wrong , it's the front !

On the 911 , it's the front blinkers that are too ' sedan' , they look good on a bigger car  like the above.

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

That is the first time that uglific car has apealed to me. Smiley

It will drive those that did not wait for the face lift mad to be stuck with the old ugly step-sister.Smiley

Leawood911:

It will drive those that did not wait for the face lift mad to be stuck with the old ugly step-sister.Smiley

My ugly step sister will still be faster than yours... Smiley

Smiley

--

RC,  A fall 2013 launch of facelifted Panamera would hit at the same time as the Macan launch. Are you thinking a spring 2013 introduction with availabilty starting in August after the factory comes back from vacation?

--

2006 997 C2S Cab, Triple Black,  2006 Cayenne Titanium Iceland Silver Metalic New York

RC:
    Leawood911:

My ugly step sister will still be faster than yours... Smiley

Smiley

Gee- sorry about that.  I had totally forgotten that you were buying one of these things. SmileyHave a great time with it and go really fast!

bobr:

RC,  A fall 2013 launch of facelifted Panamera would hit at the same time as the Macan launch. Are you thinking a spring 2013 introduction with availabilty starting in August after the factory comes back from vacation?

As far as I heard, the Macan could launch a little bit earlier than autumn.

It is also possible, that the stronger Diesel shows up first with the facelift launch. It is also very likely that this car will be available with AWD.

--

Probably it's going for some suspension tuning at the ring

Looks more like the Panamera Hybrid tested in comparison with the Audi R8 e-tron?

The Panamera in this photo is no factory car but the Audi is...

--

Did we have this video already? Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Excellent camouflage.  kiss

--

Hard to tell any changes,,maybe rear lights are deeper into rear fenders.  I like the LEDs.  Can you give us any  more info, RC?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    803346 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448607 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266173 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90088 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6643 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885788 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    833402 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM