Forum - Thread

Ferrari F430 attacked by protesters in Brazil

--
    Porsche and other cars video collection

Re: Ferrari F430 attacked by protesters in Brazil

trev0006:

The Porsche Panamera made it out "alive"... 

What was this "protest" all about ? Animals. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S (June 2012 delivery), Porsche 997 Carrera GTS Cabriolet PDK, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Attacked? How do you know they were attacked? Guess you only copied the youtube title... 

That looks more like foam or flour to me.

This is in part why I sold my Scuderia... Too many angry people walking around on the streets these days...

--

There is no try. Just do.

Even if it's just flour is enough to spoil your day.

--

There is no try. Just do.

Pentium:

Smiley It is funny (and pleasing) how much positive feedback I got for my C63 AMG Coupe lately, incl. from some of my customers. One even thought this is a Black Series... Smiley I think that if a car is too exotic or too big, people kind of get aggressive.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S (June 2012 delivery), Porsche 997 Carrera GTS Cabriolet PDK, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Dunno how you don't call that an attack, can only imagine what the owner/driver must have been going through, I would have thought car jacking, they obviously scared the crap out of the guy & who knows it's possible they keyed the car up pretty good.. Envy, class ware fare, it's toxic for all from the ones being told they're victims to the people they look to take it out on, no one wins..... So instead of buying a Ferrari & employing people from Maranello to workers at other parts manufactures around the world, trucking companies, tire companies, etc. etc. etc. down the supply chain, the person should just hoard money in a bank??  Makes zero sense... Total shame..

I give the driver credit for stopping and waiting for them to clear, while getting pelted, not sure that I could have, especially if I had a passenger.. ....

Probably the Tea Party of Brazil.

--

2005 997S Blk/Blk

This may be only the beginning. Young adults without of jobs, can't afford college and careless parents. Recipe for more outward manifestation of anger and frustration especially against those that have succeeded. Somehow, the  conservatives will blame Obama.

--

nberry:

This may be only the beginning. Young adults without of jobs, can't afford college and careless parents. Recipe for more outward manifestation of anger and frustration especially against those that have succeeded. Somehow, the  conservatives will blame Obama.

Once again, create an environment where the free market can flourish.  This will create private sector jobs.  It's that frickin simple.  You do the opposite, and you get what we have today.  It's that frickin simple.  But Obama doesn't want that.  It's that frickin simple......

--

2005 997S Blk/Blk

RC:
    Pentium:

Smiley It is funny (and pleasing) how much positive feedback I got for my C63 AMG Coupe lately, incl. from some of my customers. One even thought this is a Black Series... Smiley I think that if a car is too exotic or too big, people kind of get aggressive.

Sad but true. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Really here too? What does Obama have to do with Brazil??? I don't know about other members but its really its getting pretty tiresome to have every other thread highjacked by the republican-democratic war yes

We are free to discuss politics here in the forum but at least lets make an effort to try to keep american politics limited to the american politics threads on the forum kiss

--

Carlos from Spain:

Really here too? What does Obama have to do with Brazil??? I don't know about other members but its really its getting pretty tiresome to have every other thread highjacked by the republican-democratic war yes

I think it's a slight exaggeration to say that every other thread was hijacked.   I didn't even know, until it was too late, that I was responding to a Ferrari sub-forum, instead of the Off-Topic.  Maybe seeing "attacked by protestors in Brazil" on the subject line, led me to post.  For this one instance, I err'd.  You can delete my posts from this thread.  Thank you.

--

2005 997S Blk/Blk

Not that big a problem Alan, no need for deletion but lately, I guess because the US elections are getting near and things are getting heated in US, the politics debate is creeping on a lot of threads that have nothing to do with that, it may not be as noticeable to NorthAmericans since they are probebly used to having the subject around them it even in the soup these days, but we must realise that there are a lot of people who don't really care that much about the issue, especially when its repeated over and over, and there are even members that don't even want to read any type of politics when they read the forum (and were even against a politcis sectiuon on the forum), so for everybody's sake, we should all try to limit USEU politics to US/EU politics threads. So I'm just throwing a reminder to try to make an effort to keep politics to the politics threads and not talking to anyone in particular since its not a one person thing (your comment was actually funny Smiley 10 )  kiss

--

No problem. Smiley Smiley

--

2005 997S Blk/Blk

Carlos from Spain:

Not that big a problem Alan, no need for deletion but lately, I guess because the US elections are getting near and things are getting heated in US, the politics debate is creeping on a lot of threads that have nothing to do with that, it may not be as noticeable to NorthAmericans since they are probebly used to having the subject around them it even in the soup these days, but we must realise that there are a lot of people who don't really care that much about the issue, especially when its repeated over and over, and there are even members that don't even want to read any type of politics when they read the forum (and were even against a politcis sectiuon on the forum), so for everybody's sake, we should all try to limit USEU politics to US/EU politics threads. So I'm just throwing a reminder to try to make an effort to keep politics to the politics threads and not talking to anyone in particular since its not a one person thing (your comment was actually funny Smiley 10 )  kiss

Smiley I fully agree, Carlos. 

I'm afraid however that these "discussions" are going to get much more passionate if Obama actually has a chance to win...again. Why could he win again? Well...thanks to the conservatives in the US. Look at the discussions here in this forum and you realize why some people, who actually don't like Obama and his politics, may vote for him again. If the conservatives can't speak with one voice, how are they going to get out the US out of the current debt mess? To be honest, I started to have doubts about the Republicans myself, looking at the current inter-party war between Romney, Santorum and Gingrich. This is so pathetic. Let Romney be the man and be done with it. Republicans actually deliver the best arguments why voters should not vote for them. Smiley

--

I'm feeling the same way Christian, in fact I'm not even very motivated to vote this time around, and if Romney doesn't win the primaries, then I'm definately not voting. The extreme right wing conservative faction remind me of the western and eastern europeans ultra-nationalist parties we had had here. And things are getting very heated, either we tend to forget quickly or these elections seem more heated than usual to me. And logically it reflects on the forum's discussions.

--

That looks like a very scary incident to be the subject of... I'm actually really surprised the driver held his calm and didn't just put his foot down when they were still surrounding him to get the hell out of there....

RC:
    Carlos from Spain:

Smiley I fully agree, Carlos. 

I'm afraid however that these "discussions" are going to get much more passionate if Obama actually has a chance to win...again. Why could he win again? Well...thanks to the conservatives in the US. Look at the discussions here in this forum and you realize why some people, who actually don't like Obama and his politics, may vote for him again. If the conservatives can't speak with one voice, how are they going to get out the US out of the current debt mess? To be honest, I started to have doubts about the Republicans myself, looking at the current inter-party war between Romney, Santorum and Gingrich. This is so pathetic. Let Romney be the man and be done with it. Republicans actually deliver the best arguments why voters should not vote for them. Smiley

--

What you're seeing is no different than with any primary in fact this one is mild, pretty civil & polite compared to some that I remember.  If you recall about this time last election w/ candidate Obama & Hillary Clinton; the Obama campaign started calling Pres Bill Clinton a racist; Pres Clinton; "I can't believe they pulled the race card on me". Meanwhile the whole birth certificate started with the Clintons against candidate Obama. Same thing there Clinton looked like the sure winner..... Candidates can't just give up because ANYTHING can happen in politics, something could come out or Romney could do something that will seal his fate.  It's just the process; it's pretty much always this way.. Don't expect cohesion, united front or "speaking with one voice" until the summer.  Perhaps some of you guys are just more focused on this election then ever before because of the economy?? maybe because of RT??   

Adam2S:

That looks like a very scary incident to be the subject of... I'm actually really surprised the driver held his calm and didn't just put his foot down when they were still surrounding him to get the hell out of there....

I think that the crowd involved in this sort of thing should be careful, because a lot of people would probably step on the gas and get the he^& out of there, injuring and/or killing people along the way.

--

2005 997S Blk/Blk

Alan, is this the thread that Gregg said you took a bullet for me?Smiley

If so, I like to know how? We discussed possible reasons behind the attacks. The Obama remark is all in good fun.Smiley

--

It is all in good fun as long as Obama is in office and if you are an Obama supporter. A few thoughts on empathy for the rest might help. Much as a few people might need to have some empathy for a Ferrari owner instead of just class envy and hatred.

Obviously I am not an American, but what is wrong really with a welfare state? John M. Keynes, whom I am sure you all know, decreed that the markets (and capitalism in general) need to be regulated by the state, otherwise chaos will ensue! Is a true free market a good thing for society? Definetely not! It's like saying that a year round hunting season is good for all living creatures! It is just not! It is good only for the creatures carrying hunting rifles! enlightened

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

nberry:

This is probably one of several. Smiley

--

2005 997S Blk/Blk

REALZEUS:

Obviously I am not an American, but what is wrong really with a welfare state? John M. Keynes, whom I am sure you all know, decreed that the markets (and capitalism in general) need to be regulated by the state, otherwise chaos will ensue! Is a true free market a good thing for society? Definetely not! It's like saying that a year round hunting season is good for all living creatures! It is just not! It is good only for the creatures carrying hunting rifles! enlightened

Some regulation is needed.  The problem is when you over-regulate. 

--

2005 997S Blk/Blk

SoCal Alan:
    nberry:

This is probably one of several. Smiley

--

2005 997S Blk/Blk

Bless you.SmileySmiley

--

From Ferraris to Welfare States Rennteam has it coveredkiss

The only problem with Welfare States is that when Ferrari owners run out of money or places to flee to there will be no more Ferraris!

HERE IN   BRAZIL,  IT´S      C A R N A V A L!!!!

i know this place, it´s a RIVIERA BEACH, IN SÃO PAULO,  I don´t like this kind of COMEMORATION, but is  only CARNAVAL, NOT ATACK!!!

PorSchelover1:

i know this place, it´s a RIVIERA BEACH, IN SÃO PAULO,  I don´t like this kind of COMEMORATION, but is  only CARNAVAL, NOT ATACK!!!

Thanks,

that´s what I thought... Smiley

Ferdie:
    PorSchelover1:

Thanks,

that´s what I thought... Smiley

IT´S  A BAD KIND OF  JOKE OF CARNAVAL!!!Smiley

but all konws in the beaches in Brazil in CARNAVAL has this SITUATIONSmiley, I NEVER will go with my sport car in this place IN CARNAVALSmiley!!!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690017 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409482 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255852 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235088 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65594 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4651 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858225 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774361 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM