Crown

Board: AMG Mercedes Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Picked up my C63 AMG Coupe PP

What can I say ? Wonderful car, I'm really very impressed.

Car has winter wheels with 225s/18'' all around but traction issues are minimal and only if I'm not careful with my throttle foot from standstill. It rained today, 5°C only and despite the powerful engine, I never had traction issues, so all these stories about the drifting machine may be true but not if you don't provoke it. Car is very stable, even on wet pavement and in sharp turns, maybe the LSD helps too but you just need to avoid using the throttle. Throttle response is very direct, even in "C" mode but in "S+" mode, it is unbelievable, as if my foot is directly in the engine, controlling every breath of it. Amazing. The ESP setup, even in normal mode, is pretty sporty for a Mercedes, I only saw the ESP warning light twice and only from standstill and because my throttle foot was nervous.

Steering feel is very similar to the M3 Coupe (not Cab, the M3 Cab of my wife feels heavier), very direct and precise. The C63 AMG Coupe feels lighter than my 997 Carrera GTS Cab, which is surprising. The sound of the exhaust is out of this world, just amazing, pure aural sex (sorry for this comparison but it really is great). Even at revs below 2000 rpm, people are turning their heads but unfortunately I already got my first middle finger and of course that typical "slow down" hand sign...I was doing 40 kph in 50 kph zone. Smiley Starting up the engine sounds amazing too, the engine does a short "vrooom", which is quite impressive if you are in a closed garage. "Arschloch" was the reaction of a voice (it is a pity I didn't see where it was coming from) in an indoor parking garage, I had the windows open because I wanted to listen to the sound. 

The fuel consumption is not that great I'm afraid, 20-21 l / 100 km average in the city and I didn't even drive fast. Car had only 360 km onboard and I still have to run it in for another 1100 km or so. Maximum speed is limited to 140 kph and max rev figure is limited to 4500 rpm. Bummer. It is very difficult to resist but my mechanic told me that the M156 engine, the MCT gearbox and the LSD are very sensible to the run in procedure, so I try to listen. I don't know however how long I will be able to keep my foot from pressing the throttle much further. Smiley

The quality feel, exterior and interior, is very good and at least at par with Porsche, even if the leather seems to look better on a Porsche. The carbon mirrors and the carbon rear spoiler lip look nice but most people will probably think that this stuff is fake, so it kind of looks weird on such a car, it would suit a super sports car much better in my opinion. The rear diffuser is kind of an visual overkill for a Mercedes Coupe, it looks great but pretty aggressive. I also wish AMG would offer some sort of a brake caliper color option because the red calipers look nice but attract way too much attention.

The COMAND Online system with HK Logic 7 audio system also works pretty well and fast. Speech recognition is very good (I trained it first), only downside: The internet access doesn't work with a phone without DUN profile (thus none of the iPhone 4 or major Android models). Bummer.

As soon as I finish my run-in period and as soon as I switch to summer wheels, I will add my experience to this short report.

All i can say right now is that I am not disappointed with this little puppy. Amazing car for somewhat little money, not bad at all.

Here are a couple of iPhone photos, not very good ones but at least you get an idea.

Better photos to follow after switching to the summer wheels (end of March, mid of April).

c631.jpg

My son loves the AMG engine...

c632.jpg

Say Hi to Mr. Markus Pfeiffer...the guy who built the engine...

c633.jpg

Copying Apple music files from the SD card to the internal 10GB HDD...it works flawlessly. 

c634.jpg

Sales person really walked the "extra mile" for me, very surprising and pleasant presentation...my son loved it.

1330439111232c635.jpg

My winter rims...the summer wheels are black painted and in 19'' size. The brake system looks impressive, especially with the smaller rims but the 225s all around are kind of lame for such a car.

1330439372803c636.jpg

Nice speedo look...

1330439516405c637.jpg

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S (June 2012 delivery), Porsche 997 Carrera GTS Cabriolet PDK, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Re: Picked up my C63 AMG PP

Nice one mate, congratulations!

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

congrats.....enjoy that monster of an engine kiss

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

intouch1:

congrats.....enjoy that monster of an engine kiss

Thanks, Sherif. The engine is really amazing and I just can't wait to make it scream. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S (June 2012 delivery), Porsche 997 Carrera GTS Cabriolet PDK, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Congratulations, RC - fabulous car... and now I don't feel so bad about the 18 l/100 km in my Range Rover indecision.  Interesting that people respond to the sound (and not always positively).... in that respect cars like the 911 turbo are, in sound terms, cars that draw far less attention even if people know it is a Porsche.  

--

2011 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2009 Porsche 911S

4trac:

Congratulations, RC - fabulous car... and now I don't feel so bad about the 18 l/100 km in my Range Rover indecision.  Interesting that people respond to the sound (and not always positively).... in that respect cars like the 911 turbo are, in sound terms, cars that draw far less attention even if people know it is a Porsche.  

I think people can't imagine that an "ordinary" Mercedes coupe can make such a sound, so they probably assume I do it on purpose somehow. Smiley When I turn on the engine, a short "vrooom" (it sounds more like an aggressive V8 bark) sounds up and I can imagine how this makes people wonder. I still love it though... Smiley

--

Congrats!!!!

--

911 Carrera 3.2 - Cayenne Diesel

Congrats RC :) Have fun!

--

997.1 C2S
     GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

Congrats Christian. Enjoy her in good health with the family. wink

How do you like the white paint in flesh?

--

ONUR

11 E92 M3 CP 

09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

Nice. Enjoy the new car.

Congrats RC! Nice car! Simple formula, big noise, big engine, RWD, Uber cool!

Re: Picked up my C63 AMG Coupe PP

Nice one, enjoy the car! What is your final verdict on the color? Smiley

Stunned to hear about the reaction on the car in your region...

Ferdie:

Nice one, enjoy the car! What is your final verdict on the color? Smiley

Stunned to hear about the reaction on the car in your region...

Thanks, guys.  wink

I also got a positive reaction today: After I parked my car at my business, a younger man came to me and said that he just had to tell me how great the engine sounds. I was positively surprised, for the first time. Smiley

The color is much better in flesh than I thought. At first, I thought it is kind of a taxi color look but there was actually a taxi parked next to my car today and the colors are completely different. My color is a white with a light pearl shimmering, it is difficult to explain but it is white, thanks god. indecision

--

Congrats RC! Enjoy it in good health!
    --

There is no try. Just do.

Very cool, congrats!!!!

--
    Happy Driving

Congrats RC!!!!!  SWEET CAR!

--
    2012 Cayenne TT (on order for june 2012), 997.1 Targa 4s, 2009 Q5 3.2

Christian, most people LOVE the sound of the exhaust. Many acknowledge their love while others who express dislike really are nothing more than envious.

If there was one thing I dislike about Porsche's it is their exhaust sound. In the motoring world today where every driving action is closely monitored by authorities, a sexy aggressive sound exhaust is all that remains to enjoy in a high powered car.

Enjoy it and never look back.kiss

--

Congrats RC, fantastic DD!

Congrats mate! Great car, AMG just blessed this car with great talents. sometimes the smallest children get the most attention. ;)

Congrats! Enjoy it in good health! 

I'm not a big MB fan, but this one looks really good! Do you have a picture of the whole car or is the front the "chocolate side"? smiley

Congrats Christian! A fine addition to your garage. Love the spec too! Enjoy many happy miles smiley

Congrat Christian!! Should be a really fun car! Enjoy kiss

--

On Order: 991 C2S Basalt Black/Black - PDK, PSE, SPASM, SportChrono, etc.
    Sold: 997.2 C2S Meteor Grey/Black - PDK, PSE, LSD, SportChrono, etc.
    Sold: 997.1 C2S Black/Black - PSE, PCCB, -20mm/LSD, Short-shifter, SportChrono, etc.

Many, many congrats. Nice to hear you're happy with your decision and almost with the colour.
    I'm really sure you will have a lot of fun, always, every single daykisskiss

--
    Kind regards, Conny 

Porsche 997.2 Turbo S  *  BMW X5 M

Tim:

Congrats! Enjoy it in good health! 

I'm not a big MB fan, but this one looks really good! Do you have a picture of the whole car or is the front the "chocolate side"? smiley

Thanks again, guys.

As to your question: I honestly didn't find the time to take better (and more) photos of the car, I am so busy right now and it really sucks that I can't drive it as much as I would love to.

These photos actually show how my car looks alike and as soon as I have the time to post some, I will do that. Maybe this weekend, I even plan to wash the car (it rained and the white attracts a lot of dirt).

image.png

1330465206270image-1.png

--

Forgot another thing: Today, I saw a new Panamera GTS, black in black, black wheels, black front lights, same as my ordered Turbo S but without the PCCB (price tag was already almost 140k EUR). My sales person told me that they were so amazed with my Turbo S configuration, that they chose to use the same combo for their first GTS. Dammit...I should ask for some sort of license fee... indecision

Btw: The GTS is already reserved, a guy came in and fell in love with the car in a second.

It looks amazing, I think I made a good choice and I also finally know that the C63 AMG Coupe purchase won't let me regret choosing the Panamera Turbo S too. Great combo, I wish I could have added a 991 Turbo and everything would be perfect. indecision Well...it is still time...to win the lottery. 

--

Many congrats Christian !!! kiss i knew it was matter of weeks to make your decision official !!

The exhaust sound is HEAVEN !!!kiss

Many congrats !!!!!!!! Enjoy it !!!

--

Quite a few great additions to RT garages lately. 

Enmanuel:

Quite a few great additions to RT garages lately. 

The garage may look more impressive than it actually is: 

From June on, only the C63 AMG Coupe, the Panamera Turbo S and the X5 M will be in the garage (the Mini is usually used by my mother). In April 2013, the Porsche Macan could join us, replacing the X5M but there won't be more than three cars anymore. No room, no time, no money. Smiley

--

Very nice car, Christian. Enjoy! kiss

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

This is the guy who built my engine...he is only 22 years old. Should I worry ? yes indecision

102414_4_399x600.jpg

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM