Crown

Board: Porsche - Macan Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: "Cajun" is now...MACAN Thread Closed

OK, just heard from a source that the Macan presentation at the IAA is not going to happen, it has been postponed until end of this year. So maybe LA it is...  

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S (Sept. 2013), Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

That's what I am hearing as well. It seems to have been a change in plans a few months ago. 

Misha011:

macan & cayenne.JPG

Now this is a very interesting shot, as you can see the difference in size compared to its bigger sibling. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

For me, the roof line of the Macan looks much more impressive

--

SportCarGroup:

kiss

--

2012 Cayenne S White/Espresso 

Ex: 993 Targa, 986S, 986 and 964 C2

I am really looking forward to the Macan.

With its smaller size compared to the Cayenne, a Macan Turbo be a great everyday car.

991 Turbo S and Macan Turbo would be a perfect pair.

SportCarGroup:

It looks sportier indeed but I also worry that the head room will be smaller.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S (Sept. 2013), Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Also noticed that the front and rear fenders looks much wider....or its camo?

--

Much more pleasing to my eye than the Cayenne.

Anyone want to propose what a fully loaded Macan Turbo S might cost?

yes

--

Tony007:

A lot! Smiley

--

1987 911 Carrera 3.2 - 1992 964 Carrera 2 - 2012 Cayenne Diesel - 2010 Abarth 500 - 1995 BMW318ti

Tony007:

My guess.. 90.000 EUR base price in Germany for the turbo if it got the around 400hp V6T. Full leather, the techno gizmos, adaptive seats, panorama roof, some adaptive cruise, chassie-controls like pasm and pdcc and the other usual stuff would probably add 30.000EUR.. this would equal a price of 120.000 EUR... maybe to low base price Smiley

I think 95 k as base price is way too high.

An Audi q5 3.0 tfsi cost 54500 and the sq5 59500 in base price (btw the bmw x3 35 diesel with 313 hp and 630 nm! cost  only 53400) .

Add 10k for the identical Porsche diesel and another 10 for the turbo and you arrive at 80000 base price, which obviously can be increased with 15 k options very easily. 

I dont think people will be willing to spend more of a premium on an audi than that, but who knows, Porsche often manages to brainwash its clients.... 

--

turbolite

Tony007:

Don't know euro prices, but I'm willing to pay Cayenne GTS price for one. May be a bit unrealistic though!

2015 Porsche Macan Turbo Spy Photos...

The Cayenne's little brother looks like no Audi Q5 we've ever seen...

(31 July 2013) 

What It Is: Porsche’s upcoming mid-size SUV, the Macan, caught testing wearing almost no camouflage. The Macan, which carried a code name of Cajun—short for “Cayenne Junior”—is smaller than the Cayenne and designed to bring even more buyers into the Porsche fold. Our spy photographers previously captured a Macan prototype out for testing, but it had considerably more camouflage than the car you see here. We’ve also gleaned new details about the Macan’s powertrain in the interim.

Why It Matters: Although brand purists will cry foul, the Macan is poised to become quite the moneymaker for Porsche. Of course, this cash flow will help bankroll the cars these purists love—the excellent Cayman, Boxster, and 911—in a similar fashion to the successful Cayenne and Panamera. The smaller, more affordable Macan also gives Porsche a seat at the table in the ultra-hot luxury-crossover segment.

Platform: If the Porsche Macan’s basic stance and profile seem familiar, that’s because underneath, it’s an Audi Q5. Some dimensions will be altered for the Porsche, including its width (which will grow) and height (which will shrink). As is visible in these photos, the Macan will have Porsche-specific styling, right down to its sporty door mirrors and intake-riddled front end. This prototype is wearing odd headlight and taillight stickers intended to throw off an examination of those critical styling elements, but the cut-line for the front peepers is visible and roughly mimics those of the Cayman and Panamera. The fascia carries a heavy Cayenne vibe, as do the body sides and roofline. Out back, the rear window is steeply raked, and the fast D-pillar is stylishly thick, if detrimental to blind-spot visibility. Overall, the car closely imitates the Cayenne, but with smaller, tighter, and even sportier proportions.

Powertrain: The Macan will come in two trim levels: S and Turbo. Both will be powered by versions of Porsche’s new twin-turbo 3.0-liter V-6 engine, which was introduced via the 2014 Panamera. Expect the base S variant to make 340 horsepower, while the more powerful and sportier Turbo will get a solid 400. (Based on the big wheels, red brake calipers, and quad exhaust outlets on the test car pictured here, it’s a good bet this is the zestier Turbo model.) Look for all-wheel drive to be standard, as it is in the Cayenne. As for the transmission, a seven-speed dual-clutch unit is most likely.

Competition: Audi Q5, BMW X3/X4, Land Rover Range Rover Evoque, Mercedes-Benz GLK-class.

Estimated Arrival and Price: The Macan will be introduced this fall at the Los Angeles auto show, and should go on sale shortly thereafter at a starting price of around $45,000. Actual transaction prices, of course, will depend heavily on how deep customers plunge into Porsche’s vast options and personalization catalog. A well-optioned Macan Turbo could pack an eye-wateringly expensive sticker.

2015 Porsche Macan Turbo Spy Photos -- Car + Driver -- Article Link

Smiley SmileySmiley

Looks good. Any Euro prices released yet? Sorry maybe posted already but it's a 43 page thread already ;-)

Thanks

--

- HS (Belgium)  -  '14 Porsche 991 GT3 (oct build) - '06 BMW 335I Coupe  

2014 Porsche Macan spied again with minimal disguise...

Arriving at Los Angeles Auto Show

(7 August 2013)

A 2014 Porsche Macan prototype wearing minimal camouflage was spotted testing before a confirmed November debut at the Los Angeles Auto Show.

This particular Macan is the regular version since it has only one row of LED daytime running lights below the headlights, as opposed to the Turbo version which will have two rows of LEDs and more vents in the front. It looks basically like a shrunken Cayenne with a sloped back and a more generous center grille.

The 2014 Porsche Macan will ride on the Audi Q5 platform and will probably be offered with at least one four-cylinder engine, something that we haven't seen in a Porsche since 1995 when the 968 was discontinued. The four banger will be a 2.0-liter turbo with 220 bhp (164 kW) followed by a naturally-aspirated 3.6-liter V6 with 295 bhp (220 kW) and a more powerful V6 3.0-liter twin-turbo rated at 370 bhp (276 kW) for the Macan Turbo. Diesel choices will include a 2.0-liter TDI developing 190 bhp (142 kW) and a V6 3.0-liter TDI outputting 250 bhp (186 kW).

There are also talks about a Macan Hybrid featuring a 2.0-liter four-cylinder turbocharged engine working together with an electric motor that develops 54 bhp (40 kW).

The Porsche Macan will enter production phase in December, before going on sale early 2014.

2014 Porsche Macan spied again with minimal disguise -- WCF Link

Smiley SmileySmiley

Boxster Coupe GTS:

2015 Porsche Macan Turbo Spy Photos...

That looks spectacular !  It would looks SO good in white.

Porsche Macan poised to push brand past 200,000-unit target years ahead of schedule...

The Macan is forecast to quickly become Porsche's best-selling model.

(12 August 2013, Automotive News Europe)

Porsche's goal of surpassing annual vehicle sales of 200,000 will be reached up to four years ahead of schedule and the brand will become even more profitable now that it's part of the Volkswagen Group, analysts predict.

The key reason for both is the arrival next year of the Macan compact premium SUV. IHS Automotive predicts Porsche will sell 63,000 Macans in 2014. "We are forecasting that the Macan will become Porsche's best-selling model," Tim Urquart, senior analyst at IHS Automotive, said.

Last year Porsche sold 143,096 cars. With the forecast additional Macan volume in 2014, the brand's sales would easily top 200,000, a level it has said it aims to reach by 2018. Macan production starts in December.

The 200,000-unit target is Porsche's contribution to parent VW Group's Strategy 2018 plan. VW Group's ultimate goal is for combined global sales of 10 million vehicles by 2018 for all its brands.

Cheapest Porsche

Porsche sales and marketing boss Bernhard Maier said IHS's first-year sales prediction for the Macan is too high. "We will not offer that many in 2014 as we will still be ramping up production and introducing models top down," he told Automotive News Europe.

That means lower-priced Macans won't be available at launch. The Macan is likely to overtake the brand's current best-seller, the more expensive and larger Cayenne SUV, which accounted for a little more than half of Porsche's global sales last year.

Media reports say the Macan's likely starting price in Germany will be 45,000 euros, making it Porsche's lowest-priced model, dipping under the 49,243-euro base price for the Boxster two-seat sports car. The Cayenne starts at 59,358 euros in Germany. Porsche plans to unveil the Macan at the Los Angeles auto show in November.

Money-maker

Porsche's operating profit was 1.3 billion euros on sales of 78,000 vehicles in the first half. By contrast, VW's core brand reported a profit of 1.5 billion euros on vehicle sales of 2.4 million. Audi's profit was 2.6 billion euros on sales of 692,000 units.

The Macan will improve Porsche's profits, IHS predicts. "This vehicle is set to be a hugely profitable model," Urquhart said. "Extensive commonality with the Audi Q5 means that Porsche will save on purchasing and R&D and yet they will be able to charge much higher sticker prices for the vehicle."

He said Porsche can charge between 10 percent and 20 percent more than other VW Group SUVs.

Maier said higher volumes will not dilute Porsche exclusivity. "Porsche's global market share will not change greatly because global demand for individual mobility is increasing. It will stay at around 0.2 percent."

Porsche will not set a new target if sales pass 200,000 before 2018. "That number is merely the result of Strategy 2018 that includes new products, new markets and new customers," Maier said. Porsche also will not purposely limit sales. "We will stick to our business model to find the sweet spot: offering one car less than the market can absorb."

Porsche has fully recovered from financial troubles in the mid-1990s. Annual revenue grew from 1 billion euros in its 1994-1995 financial year to 13.9 billion euros last year.

Smiley SmileySmiley

Porsche Macan -- photoshop speculation...

Smiley SmileySmiley

Cant say I'm thrilled.1376661317239hmmmpf.gif

Porsche Macan road testing video...

Porsche Macan road testing video -- AMS video link

Porsche Macan: "Almost unrivaled power SUV" -- AMS

The Porsche Macan will celebrate its premiere at the Los Angeles Auto Show 2013, the hot turbo version, which is to be launched in the course of next year, has now been shot down again during testing.

Visually, the Turbo Porsche Macan is characterized by altered aprons and sills, the rear adorn square shaped and designed double-flow exhaust pipes that come out Macan as the turbo version. In the latest version of the indicator moved from the tailgate into the apron. On the drive side should be fitted with the V6 engine known from the Porsche Panamera S, the compact SUV. This brings in the luxury sedan from three liter 420 horsepower, the Porsche Turbo Macan likely an output of around 380 PS queue. Optical characteristics of the turbo are the square tailpipes, the red-painted brake callipers and a newly designed front bumper.

Mercedes can offer the Porsche Turbo Macan still stand up

The power of the twin-turbo V6 is routed to all four wheels via the PDK dual-clutch gearbox. The Porsche Macan Turbo will have very little competition in Germany. Mercedes offers the A45 AMG with a 360-hp version with four-cylinder turbo, Audi could offer the Macan turbo stand up to the 354-hp TFSI SQ5, if they would bring in ever in Germany on the market.

Porsche Macan Turbo S with 420 hp

But that's not enough. The Macan-Modellrehe is still expected to bring a Macan Turbo S at the start, then with around 420 hp, the compact Zuffenhausen would then be final competition.

Smiley SmileySmiley

nice sound and seem to confirm the PDK which is great news

--

2012 991 C2S -PDK / 2010 997.2 turbo cab manual, sold / 2008 Cayenne GTS Manual /2008 RS 60 sold /04 C4S sold - 08 Cayenne Turbo PDCC sold

Still not keen on the looks of this car... hopefully will get better when the real deal is shown. Think it looks very feminine and at little too soft.

Still on the fence if I should get myself an Audi SQ5 instead of this.. kind of like the SQ5 looks more and I've always been an fan of Audi... decisions decisions

I'm liking the looks myself.  It's hard to tell exactly what the taillights will look like but I believe the final product will look fine.  I'm happy to see they are not following the trend of some manufacturers with the bulging lenses.  enlightened  The lenses will obviously follow the shape of the body both front and rear, as they should.

GM Austin:

I'm happy to see they are not following the trend of some manufacturers with the bulging lenses.  enlightened  The lenses will obviously follow the shape of the body both front and rear, as they should.

You mean as in case of the 991? Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:
    GM Austin:

I'm happy to see they are not following the trend of some manufacturers with the bulging lenses.  enlightened  The lenses will obviously follow the shape of the body both front and rear, as they should.

Whahahaha, exactly my first thought! 

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Rossi:
    GM Austin:

Smiley  The 981 seems even worse to me in that regard.  In fact there are several stylistic elements on the 981 that seem to depart from Porsche's traditional themes.  But not too bad.  It's still a very attractive car, as is the 991. None of it is as bad as the 986/996 headlight design, so maybe like the 986/996 they will return to their senses next iteration and make the lens flush again. The battle of the bulge. Smiley

Porsche Macan prices 'from £40k'

• Baby SUV to get premium price
    • More expensive than Q5 or Evoque
    • Four- and six-cylinder engines in line-up
    Porsche Macan sketch

(23 August 2013)

The new Porsche Macan small SUV is likely to cost from around £40,000, according to a senior source at the German manufacturer.

The Macan, which is due on sale early next year, is designed to be a smaller stablemate to the Cayenne  and also compete with the BMW X3 and Audi Q5, both of which cost from around £30k.

Thomas Becki, Porsche's head of product and technical communications, told What Car?: "It has already been stated publicly that Porsche would be unlikely to sell a car for much less than 50,000 euros, so it would be safe to assume the Macan would start at roughly this price."

That would give the car an entry level of around £45,000, substantially more than the £28,000 of the most basic X3. However, other company sources stated that the Macan, which shares some parts with the Q5, is "intended to offer an entry point to the Porsche range", and said it will be close in price to the Boxster roadster. That would give it a price of around £40k.

Becki also stated the Macan "will get unique Porsche engines", as well as a variety of others from the Volkswagen Group. A modified version of the 2.0-litre four-cylinder motor from the VW Golf GTD and the company’s 3.0-litre V6 are likely to be the diesel options.

The petrol line-up is likely to include the turbocharged 2.0-litre from the Volkswagen Golf GTI, and a range-topping twin-turbo V6. Later in the Macan’s life cycle, a plug-in hybrid system (similar to the engine fitted in the new Panamera E-Hybrid), will also be added to the range.

Although the proposed pricing puts the Macan at substantially more than a Range Rover Evoque, Porsche is confident its new small SUV will be worth the extra outlay. "It will be as different from any other VW Group product as the Cayenne is from a Touareg," said Becki. "It will be a proper Porsche."

Smiley SmileySmiley

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689282 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409069 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255686 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234938 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65494 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857875 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773873 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM