Crown

Board: Porsche - Macan Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: "Cajun" is now...MACAN Thread Closed

macan-rendering.jpg

another rendering.

Spyderidol:

macan-rendering.jpg

another rendering.

This is actually a pretty good rendering. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

That car is just a Mini Cayenne! Probably they even will get the rear better than on the big brother. Nice!

Lars997:

That car is just a Mini Cayenne! Probably they even will get the rear better than on the big brother. Nice!

Absolutely agree. The Cayenne rear is the big downside of that car. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:
    Lars997:

Absolutely agree. The Cayenne rear is the big downside of that car. Smiley

+ 1 . I can't get used to the ugly back lights . They do not make any sense........

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

the Evoque blows it away in the looks department

--

2012 991 C2S -PDK / 2010 997.2 turbo cab manual, sold / 2008 Cayenne GTS Manual /2008 RS 60 sold /04 C4S sold - 08 Cayenne Turbo PDCC sold

CPA4S:

the Evoque blows it away in the looks department

Agree - And I tell you why - the Cayenne and Macan are a bit still looking like the very first Cayenne many years ago - so we are used to it and it looks dated. The Evoque is a very new and fresh design - thats why! Smiley

Question is: Would I buy the Macan or the Evoque? Well...I would buy the Macan. The Evoque is too stylish for my taste.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

I loved the Evoque when it came out, but now we see so many and I got tired of the style . Too ' transformer' cartoonish !

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Gnil:

I loved the Evoque when it came out, but now we see so many and I got tired of the style . Too ' transformer' cartoonish !

I was thinking the same thing but thought was the only one. Its style was refreshing when it came out but unfortunately got very tiring and dated very soon to me.

--

See. There is an advantage to living deep in the heart of Africa. I think I have seen one (probably from South Africa) , so it still looks fresh to me.

Spyderidol:

See. There is an advantage to living deep in the heart of Africa. I think I have seen one (probably from South Africa) , so it still looks fresh to me.

Smiley

--

RC:

Question is: Would I buy the Macan or the Evoque? Well...I would buy the Macan. The Evoque is too stylish for my taste.

I would never buy a car officially endorsed by Mrs. Victoria Beckham. Apparently, LR Marketing are trying to position this model very differently from my own aspirations.

--

"Form follows function"

RC:

What wheel is that on your new avatar RC?

Same feeling here abt the Evoque. Too girly and cartoonish...

dxpetrov:

Same feeling here abt the Evoque. Too girly and cartoonish...

I have seen the Evoque at a local dealer recently, the car is stunning in its very own way. I am happy to see that the French and British manufacturers find ways to position their car that is totally different from the German philosophy. I do not find the Evoque girly or cartoonish, I have to say though that the exterior was in black which eased off the styling cues. I even more appreciated the interior layout although it is very small given the car´s size.

What truly surprised me was the price tag, this two-door diesel version had a list price of 66 thousand Euros. I do know it is a fine line but who pays that much money for such a car? Some plastic parts on the interior rather remind me of a Volkswagen or Audi Q3 at best but one would find much more balanced alternatives for the requested price. Given the car´s appearance, I expected a price tag ten to 20 thousand Euros less.

Yep, Evoque is overpriced. Cameras are shitty, suspension is shitty, plastic inside-shitty, acceleration- very jerky, outside looks (I agree with everyone above) are starting to look dated.

What is great about Evoque-it will push car manufacturers to try new things, braver design rather than doing little facelifts from one model to the other...

--
    2012 Cayenne TT (on order for june 2012), 997.1 Targa 4s, 2009 Q5 3.2

GM Austin:
    RC:

Panamera Turbo S? Smiley Smiley

--

20" Panamera Sport painted black

I can't be the only one here who likes the Evoque anymore 

No. I like it too.

Spyderidol:

No. I like it too.

wink

GM Austin:
    RC:

Panamera Sport Wheel in 20''...black painted, with PCCB brake. This is actually how my wheels look on my Panamera Turbo S. Smiley

--

RC:

This is actually how my wheels   w i l l   look on my Panamera Turbo S. Smiley

...Smiley ...sorry, I guess, I am just jealous....(and tired)...Smiley

RC:
    GM Austin:
    RC:

Panamera Sport Wheel in 20''...black painted, with PCCB brake. This is actually how my wheels look on my Panamera Turbo S. Smiley

Smiley

Smiley

d997h:
    RC:

This is actually how my wheels   w i l l   look on my Panamera Turbo S. Smiley

...Smiley ...sorry, I guess, I am just jealous....(and tired)...Smiley

You're mean... Smiley

Smiley

More information about my car: Apparently it comes with Michelin Sport...but I don't have a clue if Pilot Sport or Supersport. It also is on the truck as we speak but I don't have a clue where the truck is. My dealer planned a Thursday or Friday delivery, just in case but you never know. Smiley A very long weekend is coming, with two major events I would love to attend and it would be just perfect if the car arrives in time.

--

I will keep fingers cross for Thu or Fri  !!! kiss Back to the MACAN now !

Nice article in Autocar:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/porsche-macan-blasts-370bhpNice Macan article in Autocar:

The top-of-the-line Macan will be the first car powered by Porsche’s still-secret new twin-turbocharged V6 petrol engine, details of which are revealed here for the first time.

Developed in-house at Porsche’s R&D centre in Weissach, Germany, the twin-turbo V6 is understood to have a 90deg vee and a capacity of 3.0 litres. It is believed to be a variant of the 3.6-litre V6 that powers entry-level Cayenne and Panamera models.

Peak power and torque are said to be in the region of 370bhp and 400lb ft thanks to twin sequential Borg Warner turbochargers, an air-to-air intercooler system and other internal modifications, including a lower compression ratio than that of the normally aspirated 3.6-litre engine. That’s an increase of about 80bhp and 105lb ft over the non-turbo 3.6.

Yes, I'm afraid no V8 for the Macan. surprise

--

GM Austin:

Nice article in Autocar:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/porsche-macan-blasts-370bhpNice Macan article in Autocar:

The top-of-the-line Macan will be the first car powered by Porsche’s still-secret new twin-turbocharged V6 petrol engine, details of which are revealed here for the first time.

Developed in-house at Porsche’s R&D centre in Weissach, Germany, the twin-turbo V6 is understood to have a 90deg vee and a capacity of 3.0 litres. It is believed to be a variant of the 3.6-litre V6 that powers entry-level Cayenne and Panamera models.

Peak power and torque are said to be in the region of 370bhp and 400lb ft thanks to twin sequential Borg Warner turbochargers, an air-to-air intercooler system and other internal modifications, including a lower compression ratio than that of the normally aspirated 3.6-litre engine. That’s an increase of about 80bhp and 105lb ft over the non-turbo 3.6.

Panamera 3.6 V6 (Porsche) and Cayenne 3.6 V6 (VW) , don't share the same engine

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689667 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409309 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255789 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235012 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65536 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4649 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858067 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774118 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM