Crown

Board: AMG Mercedes Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: C63 AMG Coupe PP, have you ever considered one ?

RC, go for it......you will NOT regret that decision except for fuel consumption....

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

intouch1:

RC, go for it......you will NOT regret that decision except for fuel consumption....

I just went for it. Smiley

4 months old, 6000 km, Performance Package, LSD, black painted wheels (don't know the name), COMAND APS with DVD changer, seat heating, Bi-Xenon lights, parking sensors, media interface, nothing more, same car as in my last photo. I know, not many many options but mostly performance options, which is great.

Now the best part about it: The car is sold by an official Mercedes dealer but has a BRABUS 300 kph speed limit raise (AMG only raises top speed to 280 kph). Since this official dealer sells the car to my official dealer (which is actually a factory rep and not a private dealer), I get FULL factory warranty for the C63, despite the BRABUS Vmax raise. Smiley Unbelievable. I asked twice, the Vmax raise is also in the car's official documentation and it will be in the final bill which mentions the full 24 (!) months Mercedes used car warranty (Junge Sterne), so I'm good.

Price was unbeatable, so I had to say yes, a set of winter wheels is included, so is transport from that private Mercedes dealer to my official Merdedes factory dealer (owned by Mercedes, not by a private company).

Apparently nodoby wanted to buy this car because of the lack of a sunroof. the lack of full leather and the lack of the Harman Kardon sound system. I couldn't care less, the price is really amazing for such a low mileage car. Even my local dealer was impressed but apparently a sunroof and full leather are mandatory on such expensive cars.

Due to the current bad weather over here, it could take however a week or two until the car arrives, my local dealer has to pick it up in another part of Germany (they have a special guy who does it and if the weather gets worse, the car has only summer tires, the winter tires will be fitted at my local dealer, the car will be transported by truck).

Finally, the decision pressure is over and I have a new toy. 0-100 kph in 4.3 seconds, 0-200 kph in 13.7 seconds, this is Panamera Turbo territory, it is going to be fun. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S (April 2012 delivery), Porsche 997 Carrera GTS Cabriolet PDK, BMW X5M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

RC:
    intouch1:

I just went for it. Smiley

4 months old, 6000 km, Performance Package, LSD, black painted wheels (don't know the name), COMAND APS with DVD changer, seat heating, Bi-Xenon lights, parking sensors, media interface, nothing more, same car as in my last photo. I know, not many many options but mostly performance options, which is great.

Now the best part about it: The car is sold by an official Mercedes dealer but has a BRABUS 300 kph speed limit raise (AMG only raises top speed to 280 kph). Since this official dealer sells the car to my official dealer (which is actually a factory rep and not a private dealer), I get FULL factory warranty for the C63, despite the BRABUS Vmax raise. Smiley Unbelievable. I asked twice, the Vmax raise is also in the car's official documentation and it will be in the final bill which mentions the full 24 (!) months Mercedes used car warranty (Junge Sterne), so I'm good.

Price was unbeatable, so I had to say yes, a set of winter wheels is included, so is transport from that private Mercedes dealer to my official Merdedes factory dealer (owned by Mercedes, not by a private company).

Apparently nodoby wanted to buy this car because of the lack of a sunroof. the lack of full leather and the lack of the Harman Kardon sound system. I couldn't care less, the price is really amazing for such a low mileage car. Even my local dealer was impressed but apparently a sunroof and full leather are mandatory on such expensive cars.

Due to the current bad weather over here, it could take however a week or two until the car arrives, my local dealer has to pick it up in another part of Germany (they have a special guy who does it and if the weather gets worse, the car has only summer tires, the winter tires will be fitted at my local dealer, the car will be transported by truck).

Finally, the decision pressure is over and I have a new toy. 0-100 kph in 4.3 seconds, 0-200 kph in 13.7 seconds, this is Panamera Turbo territory, it is going to be fun.

Smiley

Enjoy! The killer exhaust note alone makes this car for me. Wish I could find a similar deal on one in the states.

Congratulations and enjoy it! kiss

Congrats!  Congrats! Congrats!
    Very good choice and an amazing member in your fun department.kiss
    Now your neighbours and the whole surrounding will have to get used to a new sound, the AMG in concertindecision
    I'm really envy you. Have fun!!!

--
    Kind regards, Conny 

Porsche 997.2 Turbo S  *  BMW X5 M

Nice car! Hope you enjoy it! kiss

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

Congrats, Christian..

You could not resist indecision..

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

Congratulations ! This car would also be on my list as a stealth DD kiss

Looking forward to your driving review !

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

kiss good choice. 

Congrats on the C63. You wont miss the sunroof or leather. The sound and speed are more than enough.smiley

Congrats RC, enjoy the noise!

Congrats RC, I absolutely adore this 'little' AMG's. The sound and throttle response is to die for.

I wish you many many happy sideways kilometers! wink

Well done - Enjoy! Will be keen to hear how you get on in winter conditions...

--
    Off enjoying my car...

Congrats ! Excellent choice ! kissthe sound is intoxicating and will compensate you big time for the BMW... blush

Congratulations RC!

TEE:

Thanks, guys. Smiley

Well...I'm aware that the C63 isn't a good winter car but with winter tires, I can manage, my wife however not. She will use the X5M, so no problem here. The C63 will be solely a fun daily driver, nothing more and nothing less. For the way home to work and back, I don't expect any serious problems, even when it snows.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S (April 2012 delivery), Porsche 997 Carrera GTS Cabriolet PDK, BMW X5M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Congrats RC great choice. This car is a keeper because of the fact that those engines are getting rare in future. Unfortunately.

Avoe:

Congrats RC great choice. This car is a keeper because of the fact that those engines are getting rare in future. Unfortunately.

You got me. Smiley This is actually one of the major reasons why I've chosen this car: This "monster" V8 6.2 l engine is the last of it's kind, all future models will very likely be turbo charged and with much less displacement.

The second reason is sound. The exhaust/engine sound is the most amazing sound I ever heard on a "normal" car.

What also many don't seem to know: The C63 AMG Coupe is sportier than the C63 AMG sedan. Steering is sportier than even on the BMW M3 with Performance Package, it is unbelievable. From 0-200 kph, the M3 stands no chance, 2 seconds difference according to Sport Auto. 0-100 kph...4.3 seconds for the C63, 4.8 seconds for the M3. The M3 has a better traction though, so it would probably be easier to drive on the track but another fact is that the C63 AMG Coupe PP achieved a better lap time in Hockenheim Kleiner Kurs than the M3, both on street tires (M3: 1.14,3 Min. and C63: 1.13.6). Which is quite impressive. The C63 AMG sedan (w/o PP) needs 1.15,7 seconds, quite a difference.

Again, the C63 Sedan and Coupe are not the same beasts, the Coupe is much sportier and even I didn't know it. The Coupe is actually used by Mercedes as a basis for the new DTM 2012 racing cars.

Many asked me by PM or in private why I didn't choose the M3 Coupe instead. Well, I think I answered this pretty well.

--

RC:
    TEE:

Thanks, guys. Smiley

The C63 will be solely a fun daily driver, nothing more and nothing less. For the way home to work and back, I don't expect any serious problems, even when it snows.

I like nothing better than to "slide" home when it snows and of course traffic permits. With that much power you will have fun at every turn...Smiley

--
    Off enjoying my car...

RC:

Thanks, guys. Smiley

For the way home to work and back, I don't expect any serious problems, even when it snows.

Okay okay, yes its a good choice for outside the office. The C63 amg has about the right image, not too much in yer face and not too little. I see it as a good choice now Smiley..

Wow, also from what I gather from this thread the C63 amg is a cracking car, my demo was way too short with mainly straight fast roads. Its very probable then that the drive was a non productive one, but very typical of a UK demo. However, it was fast on those straights Smiley..

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

RC:
    Avoe:

You got me. Smiley This is actually one of the major reasons why I've chosen this car: This "monster" V8 6.2 l engine is the last of it's kind, all future models will very likely be turbo charged and with much less displacement.

The second reason is sound. The exhaust/engine sound is the most amazing sound I ever heard on a "normal" car.

Imagine that, the sound of a nice V8 being one of the main reasons to choose a car, who knew.

Yes, glückwünsche! Das ist Super. Brabus delimiter will allow some fun with others on the Autobahn. I can already see tears in their eyes when you continue to pass them hahaha. That's a great specced car, mind sharing the price? I'd be very interested to see how much off since I would not mind the lack of a sunroof and full leather either.

You will not regret this choice! What a car.

Pics or ban indecision

All the best with this special Mercedes!

The real test of this car is whether it will satisfy your need for speed and make you contemplate canceling  the Panamera Turbo S and getting something else in addition to the Mercedes. Let us know!

--

"Form follows function"

OK, guys...slight change of plans. My dealer just offered me this morning another car which is fully loaded (it has everything available for the C63, with the exception of the performance chassis, which, according to various sources, is brutally stiff). The dealership is an official factory owned dealership and apparently they had another car available at a different location. The offer was too good to be true, so I took it in a second, car has only 600 km and is 4 months old. Only downside: The exterior color is not Arctic (Calcit) White but Diamond White Met.. The color is white but it has a slight "shimmering" effect when the sun shines, not really perfect but for this kind of money, I accept it. indecision

My most important options Performance Package, Limited Slip Differential and Driver's Package (280 kph Vmax) are there, so this is the most important thing.

So for 11k more, I get a fully loaded car with only 600 km, full factory warranty and the first service is also included. Unfortunately I have to pay for the winter wheels, almost 4k. Ouch.

Car will be at my local dealer very soon but unfortunately I may not be able to pick it up before the end of the month, depending on my working schedule.

No, the Panamera Turbo S will not be cancelled, I still need a family Porsche. 

This is the option list (german only, sorry) of the car. Absolutely amazing.

1328885175220c63aus.png

--

Congrats RC :)

Just curious, why did the 1st owner sell after only 600km or was it a demo car?

--

997.1 C2S
     GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

easy_rider911:

Congrats RC :)

Just curious, why did the 1st owner sell after only 600km or was it a demo car?

Factory demo car. Smiley

--

RC:

No, the Panamera Turbo S will not be cancelled, I still need a family Porsche. 

If the AMG proves that it satisfies your driving needs, why not the (more versatile) Cayenne Turbo PK as the family Porsche?

--

"Form follows function"

But this one is 20km/h slower............

@RC: yeah, I thought so ... the options list was so long, any private owner would have spent an absolute fortune to spec it like that ... and that kind of owner either wouldn't sell a high-spec car so quickly or has too much money to burn.

But a factory demo car is a safe bet ... high spec to show all the features to journalists etc and it will run like clockwork ... they don't take chances that a fault will cause them any embarrassment in front of the world's media.

--

997.1 C2S
     GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

Dealer demo cars however are another story ... they use and abuse cars and repair them within their own workshop before disposing of them ...

--

997.1 C2S

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    808389 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    450177 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    267602 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90831 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    7750 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

888191 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    837105 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM