Crown

Board: AMG Mercedes Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: C63 AMG Coupe PP, have you ever considered one ?

hey RC, the C63 PP is a great car. I love every second of driving my 4-door.

the engine is just sick and when you step on it in S+ mode it is pure fun.

the MCT gearbox is very good too. shifts are pretty fast and the blips the engine makes puts a grin on my face with every downshift when stepping on the brakes.

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Tim:

Well then get one in black. smiley

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/showDetails.html?lang=de&id=155707626&pageNumber=1&__lp=12&scopeId=C&sortOption.sortBy=price.consumerGrossEuro&makeModelVariant1.makeId=17200&makeModelVariant1.modelId=34&makeModelVariant1.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant2.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant3.searchInFreetext=false&negativeFeatures=EXPORT&adLimitation=ONLY_DEALER_ADS&maxMileage=90000&tabNumber=3&

Did you take a closer look on who sells the car ? I wouldn't buy it.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S (April 2012 delivery), Porsche 997 Carrera GTS Cabriolet PDK, BMW X5M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

intouch1:

hey RC, the C63 PP is a great car. I love every second of driving my 4-door.

the engine is just sick and when you step on it in S+ mode it is pure fun.

the MCT gearbox is very good too. shifts are pretty fast and the blips the engine makes puts a grin on my face with every downshift when stepping on the brakes.

Thanks. Smiley Still an idea though, an idea my wife seems to like more and more (which is quite a surprise for me).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S (April 2012 delivery), Porsche 997 Carrera GTS Cabriolet PDK, BMW X5M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

I may pull the trigger this month and trade in the CTT for an AMG car (Special Order) smiley

As RC said, the exhaust note will give you goosebumps kiss

Funny you are considering a C63 as a few days ago a friend and I were discussing the idea of getting one since it is a great (fun) car. Overall, here in the US it would be a tighter decision vs the CT-V but in Germany the C63 is the way to go.

i am, however very confused with your choice of vehicles. IMHO, the C63 will be more fun to drive than the PTTS and since you are getting older, isn't a more practical, albeit slower SUV better for weekend family trips?  Not sure where the PTTS fits in?

How about keeping your 911 (or getting a 991s) and a used Audi RS4 etc. you'd be saving yourself lots of money for a more exotic future purchase.

RC:

kiss You started to think like a German... indecision Apparently because you live here now. wink

Still not sure if I should do it...but I love thinking about it. indecision

haha yep I've re-acclimatized to my own culture I guess for better or worse Smiley

In all seriousness though. This is such a good offer. I've enjoyed your posts of years now and I have a pretty good idea of what you really look for in a car. ie. with the leasing relationship vs buying, resale consideration, social impact and what you look for in a car. I must say this C63 PP ticks all your requirements and stands out on a very small list to do so in terms of what you require, want and need. In Germany this is a VERY cool car to have. I personally absolutely love it, especially in white. You love that sound, it'll put a huge smile on your face (I know you place huge value on the sound department, even for your daily), and that power you'll enjoy on your highway runs! What people in the rest of the world do not quite understand is that you can do 250km/h+ without a problem here in Germany. Germans actually use their powerful cars, where as in other countries their potential really goes to waste.

In conclusion, it's a superbly fun daily, very powerful and sporty sounding, very reliable and pretty damn understated.

But in the end the biggest win is, the wife approves! Plus, I very much doubt you'll grow tired of it or get commented on when parking at your work by customers etc. Final comment, it's also very different from your 970 TTS order and your X5M being a Mercedes coupe.. which should be mentioned also as being a plus. Smiley

A true Mercedes-Benz German muscle car Smiley

Tim:
    RC:
    993Targa:

Talking about Mercedes/AMG, just noticed that used SLS's are selling at almost 50% of the new sticker price. Shocking angel

Where? Smiley In Germany, most used SLS are still way over 150k and even cars with 90000 km are over 120k.

My dealer claims that his next SLS order spot is in 9 months, for the Roadster 14 months.

Check mobile.de . There are quite a few in the 140k range, nearly mint with roughly 10000-50000km. 

www.autoscout24.ch starting at CHF 155k 28k km for a 2010 SLS.  New price CHF293K.

--

2012 Cayenne S White/Espresso 

Ex: 993 Targa, 986S, 986 and 964 C2

RC:
    Tim:

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/showDetails.html?lang=de&id=155707626&pageNumber=1&__lp=12&scopeId=C&sortOption.sortBy=price.consumerGrossEuro&makeModelVariant1.makeId=17200&makeModelVariant1.modelId=34&makeModelVariant1.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant2.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant3.searchInFreetext=false&negativeFeatures=EXPORT&adLimitation=ONLY_DEALER_ADS&maxMileage=90000&tabNumber=3&

What's wrong with the seller?

--

ONUR

11 E92 M3 CP 

09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

I like the C63 AMG very much and of course the amazing sound. If you would like to have a real fun car, go for it. One of the best (affordable) toys a man can haveSmiley
    I have had a testcar in the late autumn. We had temperatures of about +12,5 C. Compare this with the cold in these days...Smiley

Here are some pics of the testcar.

IMG_4128.jpg

IMG_4129.jpg

IMG_4132.jpg

IMG_4143.jpg

IMG_4151.jpg

IMG_4152.jpg

--
    Kind regards, Conny 

Porsche 997.2 Turbo S  *  BMW X5 M

pride355:
    RC:
    Tim:

What's wrong with the seller?

Independent Citroen/Renault dealer with an extensive BODY repair shop.  Smiley I would buy a used SLS only through the official Mercedes Benz channel in Germany (Niederlassung, not independent dealers) because you not only get a very valuable warranty but also 100% verified cars. Same with Porsche btw..

--

mp:

Funny you are considering a C63 as a few days ago a friend and I were discussing the idea of getting one since it is a great (fun) car. Overall, here in the US it would be a tighter decision vs the CT-V but in Germany the C63 is the way to go.

i am, however very confused with your choice of vehicles. IMHO, the C63 will be more fun to drive than the PTTS and since you are getting older, isn't a more practical, albeit slower SUV better for weekend family trips?  Not sure where the PTTS fits in?

How about keeping your 911 (or getting a 991s) and a used Audi RS4 etc. you'd be saving yourself lots of money for a more exotic future purchase.

Thats actually the whole point...not to get a slow family car.  Smiley

No, the C63 would not be more fun to drive than the PTS (have you tried one ? Smiley) but it would be an excellent stealth daily driver for someone like me who gets very mad when he needs to drive a car with less than 400 horses. Smiley

--

Very nice car, the sound is indeed intoxicating. Heard one at the local MB dealership at its release date and have to agree that it is stunning in level and character for a serial-production car. 

I am losing, to be honest, a bit track of your purchasing decisions. Aren´t the X5M and PTS two satisfying family cars already? If you are unable to drive the Panamera during the week, do so at the weekends and keep the BMW for your business routine. If it does make sense financially, go for the C63 but would´t the four-door sedan be more sensible in this case?

Currently, we are one car short, it is difficult to explain (one car actually belongs to my mother and my wife's M3 Cab can't be used anymore because of mileage and the lack of winter tires). I could get another lame Mini Cooper or Audi A3 or I could get something fun, something I could drive without attracting too much attention if the PTS isn't "acceptable" for my business.

Bottom line is: Starting July 2012, we have only two cars at our disposal (PTS and X5M). If the PTS is a problem at my business, I wouldn't have any other car to drive with (the Mini Countryman is used by my mother). Also the X5M lease runs out next year end of March, so we would need another car by then anyway. So I wanted to take advantage of the situation and throw a third car into the game, a car I would keep because of the fantastic engine/exhaust sound and a car which could my wife drive too with the kids from time to time.

I know it sounds complicated... broken heart

Right now, my wife is using my mother's car and I'm driving with the X5M, so we are one car short. It would be great if we would have another car which can be used as a daily driver, not as a garage queen. The PTS is a different story, this is my performance family car, I don't understand why people would compare the C63 Coupe to the PTS. Two different pair of shoes, completely. 

To make it short: The C63 was just an idea, so was the Cadillac CTS-V. I even considered a "cheap" Chevrolet Camaro Cabriolet V8 but my wife surprisingly doesn't like this car, despite the fact that it is a Cabriolet. The Audi TT RS would have been nice too but it costs almost as much as the C63 AMG Coupe and I really love the engine sound, it is amazing. So far, I haven't taken any decision yet, especially since the C63 isn't really a cheap investment. Most important thing: I don't want a garage queen anymore and the C63 would be a nice daily driver.

Maybe it is better to wait until we really need a third car but when it happens, it could be difficult to get the one I want fast.

--

Conny997:

I like the C63 AMG very much and of course the amazing sound. If you would like to have a real fun car, go for it. One of the best (affordable) toys a man can haveSmiley
    I have had a testcar in the late autumn. We had temperatures of about +12,5 C. Compare this with the cold in these days...Smiley

Here are some pics of the testcar.

IMG_4129.jpg

This car is actually still available, I was thinking about getting it but the price tag is kind of steep and I really want the Coupe, not the sedan. For a good rebate, I would take the sedan too since this car has the PP but I'm not sure how much they can shave of the asking price (83k EUR as far as I remember, which is way too much for me).

--

Christian,

If you like and want C63 Coupe then go for it. Simple as that.

But... Personally, I would choose something like new M550d X drive as daily driver. Different taste I guess.

Since you considered TT RS you probably know that from March 2012 this car will feature 360ps. Another possible choice is RS5 or new RS4 Avant(also coming in March)?

A Diesel as a fun daily driver ? I would rather kill myself.  indecision My X5M already sounds bad, can you imagine how bad the M550d sounds?!

TT RS is out of the question, too much money (still a very good performer though).

RS5 looks nice but too expensive (and too big for my wife) and RS4 Avant not really interesting, I'm not a station wagon type of guy.

Not easy, isn't it?! 

wink

--

Get the C63 AMG already. It's perfect kiss If anything a tiny little bit on the pricy side, but you only live once.

Atzporsche:

Get the C63 AMG already. It's perfect kiss If anything a tiny little bit on the pricy side, but you only live once.

I wouldn't spend 83k on a C63, no way. 65k is the maximum, car needs to have PP and not more than 10k km.

--

RC:
    Atzporsche:

I wouldn't spend 83k on a C63, no way. 65k is the maximum, car needs to have PP and not more than 10k km.

But the one you've set your eye on is marked at -30k off sticker.. surely that must come close to 65k EUR Smiley

Besides, this car will sell easily in a couple of years.

Yes, unfortunately the dealer didn't call back yet (weird) and to achieve the 30k less, he would need to reduce his price tag by at least 3k. Not sure if this is going to happen though.

Like I said, nothing is written in stone yet. I can't spend more but I would love to spend less. 

--

if the sedan is an option, then go for it....it's cooler than the cope imo and vertainly more practical. its a perfect dd and a sheep in wolves clothing without any pretence...

i would never have thought of driving a sedan either...but this car won me over.

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Other way round? You mean a wolf in sheep's clothing :)

--

997.1 C2S
     GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

indeed indecision

--

RC:

Yes, unfortunately the dealer didn't call back yet (weird) and to achieve the 30k less, he would need to reduce his price tag by at least 3k. Not sure if this is going to happen though.

Like I said, nothing is written in stone yet. I can't spend more but I would love to spend less. 

Don't forget LSD. Its not standard even at the PP but indispensable for the C63. The car on the pic above is equipped with it.

--
    Kind regards, Conny 

Yes, I know (LSD), this kind of sucks. Not all offered used or even new PP models have LSD and/or the performance chassis, which kind of sucks. Even the driver's package isn't always included.

I configured myself a brandnew C63 AMG Coupe with everything I need, price would be 90000 EUR. Shave off 10% and I would get a new car at 81000 EUR. Tempting but still too much. Unfortunately this also brings the used car offers into a different perspective, they are just too expensive. 

I found a 2010 C63 AMG sedan with low mileage for under 55k EUR but without PP. Bummer.

So far, there doesn't seem to exist any "bargain", so I may just forget about it. 

AMG directly offers one used car with low mileage at an interesting price but still slightly above what I'm willing to pay for. The AMG factory cars usually are in a very good shape, performance-wise but I'm also afraid that the drivers kind of abused the car, since this was a factory loaner for AMG customers. On the other hand, I would get a 2 year NEW CAR warranty for this one, which kind of helps to forget about the possible "abuse". Unfortunately I wanted a calcite white (I think it is called arctic white in the US) car and this one is black and has the standard rims but the offer looks better than anything I've seen so far.  Smiley

--

Here are two very nice C63 AMG Coupe videos (just to give you guys an idea about this car, turn up your speakers).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oscTqc3bg6Q&list=FL8TjxjnoNco5Kl1IrYcQAkg&index=3&feature=plpp_video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0k5IU1sYWk&list=FL8TjxjnoNco5Kl1IrYcQAkg&index=1&feature=plpp_video

--

Well, colours are always kind of personal preference but the C63 in Black works well IMHO. Y'll have a better resale value and it's more stealth than white?

--

Kind regards, Conny 

I'm close to a decision...this is how it looks (Performance Package, LSD, pretty loaded, low mileage and only a couple of months old):

1328800681373amg.png

I'll keep you informed.

--

Interesting that I'm looking for a car with the same specs. to replace my M3 sedan in Southern California. If I can't find one before the new M5 becomes available then I'll go for the M5. Good luck!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    803301 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448598 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266158 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90084 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6636 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885769 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    833376 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM