Crown

Board: AMG Mercedes Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

C63 AMG Coupe PP, have you ever considered one ?

I just abandoned my daily driver idea for a Cadillac CTS-V because I actually found a better solution: The Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP. I found one for quite little money (30k EUR under initial price tag) with low mileage, 487 hp PP engine and all the performance goodies. It would be the perfect driver, amazing sound too (V8 N/A engine)  and even my wife seems to like this car, which is a plus. I'm not a fan of the rear and especially that hideous carbon spoiler lip but everything else is quite nice and performance is amazing (0-100 kph in 4.3 sec., 0-200 kph in 13.7 sec. according to Sport Auto, top speed is limited to 280 kph).

I actually like the Cadillac CTS-V a lot and performance is quite comparable but the price tag is the same and resale value would be horrible on the Cadillac but still pretty good on the C63 AMG (in comparison). The C63 would be also better regarding maintenance and repairs since there are tons of Mercedes dealers here in Germany.

So what do you guys think ? Would the C63 AMG Coupe PP make a good daily driver or not ? Do you have any experience with this car ? Thank you.

Car would look exactly like this:

c63pp.png

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S (April 2012 delivery), Porsche 997 Carrera GTS Cabriolet PDK, BMW X5M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Re: C63 AMG Coupe PP, have you ever considered one ?

Sounds good Christian! Have the rear spoiler lip painted in exterior color and your main argument against it is solved! ;-)

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Good idea, I might look into it but since this is a carbon spoiler lip, I'm not sure how easy it is to paint in calcite white.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S (April 2012 delivery), Porsche 997 Carrera GTS Cabriolet PDK, BMW X5M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

I had once a C63 4 door for 2 days and I was blown away - the sound compensates for whatever lack you can think of  - it's one of these cars where you smile every time you fire it up. Only topped by the SLS experience. Since you talk a lot about the lack of sound of yr X5M - you def. will love this car. It also flies quite well below people's radar.... - prices also here in CH for the older C63's have dropped dramatically so price-value is certainly spot-on.

BjoernB:

I had once a C63 4 door for 2 days and I was blown away - the sound compensates for whatever lack you can think of  - it's one of these cars where you smile every time you fire it up. Only topped by the SLS experience. Since you talk a lot about the lack of sound of yr X5M - you def. will love this car. It also flies quite well below people's radar.... - prices also here in CH for the older C63's have dropped dramatically so price-value is certainly spot-on.

Thanks. Yes, the sound is amazing, this is the "old" V8 N/A engine and the PP uses parts from the SLS engine, 487 hp are really not bad for a car with a weight of 1755 kg. Car is only a couple of months old, low mileage and in mint condition. 30k EUR less...amazing how fast they loose value. Still not sure about it, the car is amazing but I'm not sure I need it. It would be a great daily driver though.

--

RC:

Still not sure about it, the car is amazing but I'm not sure I need it. It would be a great daily driver though.

...which would reduce the Panamera to a "garage queen" (your term).  Why get this (or a Cadillac for that matter) if the whole idea of the Panamera was to serve as a daily driver and family car?  If the Panamera's going to become a weekend special, you may as well make it worthwhile and get a 911?  Am I the only one who's confused?  Smiley

PureBlue:
    RC:

Still not sure about it, the car is amazing but I'm not sure I need it. It would be a great daily driver though.

...which would reduce the Panamera to a "garage queen" (your term).  Why get this (or a Cadillac for that matter) if the whole idea of the Panamera was to serve as a daily driver and family car?  If the Panamera's going to become a weekend special, you may as well make it worthwhile and get a 911?  Am I the only one who's confused?  Smiley

No, the Panamera wouldn't become a garage queen (oh boy, I thought I explained everything in detail Smiley) because I could still use it with my family on weekends (we usually do lots of trips on weekends), which was always a problem with the 997 Turbo and the 997 Carrera GTS. The C63 AMG would also be used by my wife, she won't have a car anymore starting July (M3 Cab goes back to lease company) and the X5M is nice when she needs a big car for the kids and their friends but it isn't really the perfect car for the city for her. She already saw the C63 Coupe and she likes it, especially since this car feels (and is) smaller than the X5M and she also has enough comfortable room for the kids.

We haven't made any decision yet, this is just another scenario in case I won't be able to drive in my PTS to work, which still remains to be seen. The main point of the C63 would be actually to get my wife a car for the city, so she doesn't need to borrow it from my mother (Mini Countryman). Smiley

--

I thought AWD was a must for you

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:

Didn't I order a Panamera Turbo S ? Smiley The C63 AMG would be a daily driver (fun) car, nothing special.

--

RC:
    reginos:

Didn't I order a Panamera Turbo S ? Smiley The C63 AMG would be a daily driver (fun) car, nothing special.

A C63 AMG PP is nothing special Smiley  Anyway, the way this is going Christian, you would not do well in one of nberry's cross-examinations Smiley Drop the PTS and start over fresh Smiley
    --
    Off enjoying my car...

My neighbors Audi A6 Avant costs more...so no, the C63 AMG I was referring to isn't really something special. 

--

Hmmmm why not go for an M3 instead of a C Class Coupe, slightly less power but more sporty.

palenimbus:
    Hmmmm why not go for an M3 instead of a C Class Coupe, slightly less power but more sporty.

I want a fun car and the C63 AMG Coupe PP is more powerful and sounds way better plus I already know the M3 (my wife has the M3 Cab). Time for something new... Smiley Besides the fact that the Mercedes is 2 seconds faster from 0-200 kph. Smiley The C63 AMG Coupe PP is one of the last German "muscle cars", the exhaust sound is just amazing, I'm actually surprised that it is street legal. Smiley

--

Love it!!

http://www.autoscout24.it/Details.aspx?id=209027418

--

Mini Clubman  S

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

mikigta:

Love it!!

They got the engine power wrong and the price tag is quite steep but yes, this is how it looks.

Little hint: "My" car has same specs but costs "only" 65k EUR.

--

RC:
    mikigta:

Love it!!

They got the engine power wrong and the price tag is quite steep but yes, this is how it looks.

Little hint: "My" car has same specs but costs "only" 65k EUR.

yes they made a mistake with the power

65k eur seems a BIG discount! or is it normal in germany?

--

Mini Clubman  S

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

RC:

I just abandoned my daily driver idea for a Cadillac CTS-V because I actually found a better solution: The Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP. I found one for quite little money (30k EUR under initial price tag) with low mileage, 487 hp PP engine and all the performance goodies. It would be the perfect driver, amazing sound too (V8 N/A engine)  and even my wife seems to like this car, which is a plus. I'm not a fan of the rear and especially that hideous carbon spoiler lip but everything else is quite nice and performance is amazing (0-100 kph in 4.3 sec., 0-200 kph in 13.7 sec. according to Sport Auto, top speed is limited to 280 kph).

I actually like the Cadillac CTS-V a lot and performance is quite comparable but the price tag is the same and resale value would be horrible on the Cadillac but still pretty good on the C63 AMG (in comparison). The C63 would be also better regarding maintenance and repairs since there are tons of Mercedes dealers here in Germany.

So what do you guys think ? Would the C63 AMG Coupe PP make a good daily driver or not ? Do you have any experience with this car ? Thank you.

Car would look exactly like this:

c63pp.png

Haha, you are lethal, Christian.. 

I took one out for a typical short Uk demo ( thats all we get in the UK ) and to be honest , yes nice exhaust note and quick but it did not wow me at all and I had just got out of my dog slow X5 3.0ltr petrol..I would definitely just stick with the Panny..

Did like the engine builders sig on the head though..Smiley..

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

The exhaust note is amazing, I think that 50% of a possible buying decision would be based on the sound only. The PP equipped cars sound even slightly louder, don't have a clue why.

--

What, RC this would be a fantastic daily. I know what you love, the sound, the stealth look.. imagine debadged.. just another C-class coupe to others hehe. I think it's a fantastic car judging purely from the fact that the C-class is one of the best cars out there... has to be, it's MBs money cow just like BMWs 3er. I would pick this over an M3, because it is both more stealth and more powerful. I find it also more serious and it will probably sell for more (higher resale) especially with the PP package, which is quite rare. White exterior suits it perfectly also. With a 30k sale on it, I would seriously consider.

A. It's a high performance Mercedes, with great engine and out of this world cool sound

B. It's affordable, yet reliable and "cheap" to run... I bet even with PP.

C. It's a sleeper, stealth looks (debadge) and the wife likes it.

D. The neighbor will think his A6 Avant is better, which is what you want him to think

kiss You started to think like a German... indecision Apparently because you live here now. wink

Still not sure if I should do it...but I love thinking about it. indecision

--

I like the C63 PP, but I just wish it had a manual transmission option like the CTS-V.

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs).  Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550 Maranello

Talking about Mercedes/AMG, just noticed that used SLS's are selling at almost 50% of the new sticker price. Shocking angel

--

2012 Cayenne S White/Espresso 

Ex: 993 Targa, 986S, 986 and 964 C2

RC:

kiss You started to think like a German... indecision Apparently because you live here now. wink

Still not sure if I should do it...but I love thinking about it. indecision

Buy the car you love.Smiley

--

"I don't mean to brag, but I am really good at self-deprecation."

you're almost at the panamera level price-wise.  debudge the panamera and no one will recognize it from a base...

C63 is one of the cars that I was considering to get... in fact that if it had 4matic I would have gotten it... so I give my YAY on it.

I think the car looks nice RC, and it seems you like it, plus the price is right...yeskiss

Get it, rebadge it to C240, put a Green Party bumper sticker on it and throw some mud on the rear window. Then let your neighbor with the Audi A6 Avant feel smug and so superior..indecision....until the day he sees your Turbo S Beast arriveSmiley.smiley

HI RC,

My brother had a 2009 C63 for about 2 years with a Kleeman Ecu tune and let me tell you something about this car, simply amazing! Power is insane, sound even crazier, and all this in a 4 door sedan package that looks stealthy. There are however some draw backs, the first being extremely stiff suspension (not sure if it's fixed), 2 it eats through tyres likes crazy (again I'm not sure how you will drive it), 3 getting all that power to the pavement (extremely tail happy car), 4 expensive amg parts (brake pads and discs very expensive around 4000 US) However living in germany i'm sure you'll be able to deal with most of these issues, it's a car that will put a smile on your face everytime you get behind the wheel, although it can be scary for any driver if they can't handle it.  MY brother can't get enough of these big power coupes and is probably ordering a slightly used cts-v coupe next. :)

Moser

993Targa:

Talking about Mercedes/AMG, just noticed that used SLS's are selling at almost 50% of the new sticker price. Shocking angel

Where? Smiley In Germany, most used SLS are still way over 150k and even cars with 90000 km are over 120k.

My dealer claims that his next SLS order spot is in 9 months, for the Roadster 14 months.

--

RC:
    993Targa:

Where? Smiley In Germany, most used SLS are still way over 150k and even cars with 90000 km are over 120k.

My dealer claims that his next SLS order spot is in 9 months, for the Roadster 14 months.

Check mobile.de . There are quite a few in the 140k range, nearly mint with roughly 10000-50000km. 

Well...140k isn't "almost 50% of the sticker price".  Not even close. I would also hate to drive a silver SLS, silver isn't really my color.

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/14/24 2:04 PM
    RCA
    803135 1806
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448535 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266068 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90031 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6552 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885646 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    833160 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM