Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

should I let Tiff Needel drive my new car?

Guys,

Just had a phone call from the supplier of my swissol car wax. Tiff Needel is doing a new channel 5 show about cars that millionaires can buy. Tiff will be filming a ferrari, bentley, roller, lambo and needs a porsche997. If I want to participate, Tiff will drive the car around bruntingthorpe - and I get to meet him and be driven around the track by him.

What do you think - should I go for it? -(only got car last week so a bit nervous about accepting!).

Re: should I let Tiff Needel drive my new car?

Quote:
    Kev_997 said:
    Guys,

Just had a phone call from the supplier of my swissol car wax. Tiff Needel is doing a new channel 5 show about cars that millionaires can buy. Tiff will be filming a ferrari, bentley, roller, lambo and needs a porsche997. If I want to participate, Tiff will drive the car around bruntingthorpe - and I get to meet him and be driven around the track by him.

What do you think - should I go for it? -(only got car last week so a bit nervous about accepting!).

Do it! You'll always be able to say that thias was the car that Tiff drove around in on TV. It might show you how slow you are compared to him, though

Extremely capable driver though Tiff is, I wouldn't let him drive my pride and joy! We've all seen how he (ab)uses cars and the thought of mine being drifted, tyres smoking through bends for prolonged periods doesn't enamour me. I know that the 997 is a performance car, but if anyone is going to exploit is abilities, even if not to the extent that Tiff is able, then it would be me! As an aside, I too have been asked to offer my car to Tiff; fortuitously, I can so no with ease, because I won't take delivery for another week or so. However, it's your car so you must do what you think right; but I'd take into consideration the need for new tyres, brake pads and, perhaps, discs afterwards.

Del

I'm sure the car will be up to what ever Tiff can throw at it, excluding the possible mishap of course!

If you go for it why not ask for a new set of tyres from them, that's the part which stands to get the most taken out of them.

It'll probably be a fun day out, a good chance to get some tips from a top driver too.

This isn't a scam, is it? I'm sure Tiff wouldn't have any trouble sourcing a 997 for filming.

Does sound a bit odd... what's wrong with a press car ??

Just expect to buy new tires, otherwise I would (assuming break-in period is passed).

Exactly - Porsche Cars GB keep a fleet of press cars in Reading especially for such occasions. Clearly PCGB didn't want to endorse this slot in 5th Gear by providing a car. I assume dealers weren't allowed to either.

So 5th Gear should have rented one (sorry I forgot...Channel 5 can do things on the cheap!) but they prefer to get a free one from you instead!

I would never let them abuse my car.

Sounds suspect to me, Porsche have plenty of press cars!
    One week old did you say? Will he keep the rev's below 4,000rpm? Doubt it! I wouldn't buy your car if you told me Tiff or Clarkson or whoever drove it!

No

yes IF i you negociate a private driving lesson with him.That should be very interesting to be taught by a former f1 driver.

Quote:
    Kev_997 said:

What happened to the long discussed "break in period"? Don't you want to pamper her for 2000 miles?

EXCUSE ME>>>>>>>>>>>>> ARE YOU CRAZY??

O F C O U R S E N O T

1) They will make money from this whereas you WONT

2) IF meating Tiff is the issue and benefit from this, take the money that you will definitely NEED to spend for NEW tyres and get a driving day lesson from PORSCHE

2) I suspect you will only exchange 10 words with TIFF ,IF only you wont be refused at the last minute NOT to get in the car with him

3) There is no time can be another factor for not having the chance to talk with TIFF

4) and finally would you let Tiff to RAPE you BRAND NEW CAR only for the chance to speak with him?????????

And what will happen if the proper break in is not permitted to be don???????

ONE MORE: IMPORTANT

I thought that Porsche CANCELS the car's warranty when the car has entered the track..........!!!

This can be verified..

NOW not only you will put your car in the track, BUT you will also have it TAPED for Porsche's proof if you demand anything from the warranty menu!!!

Cheers, you are just about to enter a very huge risk,

not mentioning the fact that if Tiff makes a damage to the clutch or something else in your car .....well i dont think you will get compensated...on the contrary...

Tiff will disappear fast enought from the crime scene.....remember? he is a fast driver ...;)

my friend dont do it, just think that you dont even know well your swissol car wax...

So if you are so depserate to meet that guy, find him and ask him how much will he charge you for
    1)a coffee
    2)an hou conversation
    3)a ride with you car and some advises...

If he's cool, he might even do that for fun with no money...

You don't need to worry about it more! I've seen a post from the programme's producer, on another forum, stating that he has sourced a car from a dealer. So we can all rest easy, watch when the programme is aired and see what Tiff does to that car!

Will he let you have a go on Vicky Butler Anderson in return?
    You must factor that in surely!!?
    To be honest if you car isn't run it then i won't let him touch it!!

thanks for your comments guys. I couldn't make the date anyway (next friday) so the discussion is mute. But dilinger raised a point about tracking the car and how it might affect the warrenty..... I have got my insurance through porsche (porsche insurance handbook etc.) and with it I am insured for a maximum of two track days per year (although the excess goes to 10% of the cars value on the track days). How can porsche offer track day insurance which (if you track the car) invalidates the warrenty???.

also, as an aside, what oil pressure should I have when the engine is fully warmed up?...It currently sits around the 2psi mark

Quote:
    moto said:Vicky Butler Anderson

Anderson? Pamela Anderson ....yes sure I think we'd all love to have a go on her!

But I think you mean Vicki Butler HENDERSON - one of the 3 Fifth Gear presenters on Five. Sadly since getting married and having a few kids, her figure isn't what it was. She hasn't aged that beautifully either. I think VBH is a bit over the hill

Me? I think Jessica Alba will do very nicely thank you

That guy BEATS THE CRAP out of cars.....

I'd do it for new tires.... because YOU'LL NEED EM !!!

It seems like when he drives it's more important for him to LOOK fast than to be fast... because all that sliding is just slowing him down....

Re: That guy BEATS THE CRAP out of cars.....

I agree with others. This isn't an Enzo - can't they find one that isn't privately owned?

2psi is very normal BUT when the car is burned in correctly after some miles when you press the car and high rev it the psi can go 1,5...its normal

remember the psi indication is relevant with the engine's OIL TEMP when temp goes up psi goes down
    when oil temp is low the psi is higher

happy driving ....

I'd go for something like this. It would be cool to see your own car on TV. As for the car being "raped" and all. Common now. At the end of the day, its just a car. Plus I dont think Porsche makes such a whimpy car.

I would give my car also...
    No problem.
    And something more.. I rape everyday my car.. for this reason i bought it... with my previous GT3 i was all the time on the truck...
    If you want a car for your living room place it there... (AND BUY A FERRARI)
    If you want a car to RAPE buy a Porsche...

Chili, Aisxos,

Clearly you haven't seen Tiff at work! If you had, I don't think that you'd be giving him your one week old 997 to 'rape' around a track; or maybe you would?

Del

This kind of reminds me of that German chap on the Pacific Coast Highway that 'borrowed' the Enzo Ferrari for a few minutes...

;-)

Dan

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690221 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409575 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255892 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235132 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65618 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4651 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858300 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774514 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM