Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Ladies and gentlemen, the new 991... (LAUNCH thread)

Yepp. It's the PSE and the car has the -20 mm option. The front lip is not possible to get any other way. The aero kit or sport design pack have a different front bumperdesign.

One more Smiley

1929_2.jpg

--

On Order: 991 C2S Basalt Black/Black - PDK, PSE, SPASM, SportChrono, etc.
    Sold: 997.2 C2S Meteor Grey/Black - PDK, PSE, LSD, SportChrono, etc.
    Sold: 997.1 C2S Black/Black - PSE, PCCB, -20mm/LSD, Short-shifter, SportChrono, etc.

I don't like the side-rear view in black with black rims. Somehow the rear lights look much too small in that color combo.

MKSGR:

I don't like the side-rear view in black with black rims. Somehow the rear lights look much too small in that color combo.

I imagine I'm in a small minority on this forum, but I don't like black rims -- ever.

--

Mike

Carrera GT + Tesla Roadster 1.5 + Panamera Turbo +  BMW Z8 + BMW 3.0 CSi + Bentley Arnage T + GT3 RS 4.0

I like them, but exclusively only in white cars in my case.

--

Carlos from Spain:
    SoCal Alan:

So, did the car in that video have the Sport Exhaust?  Or, is the design of the exhaust tips supposed to be different?

Right, those tips are the Sport Exhaust's tips. Also seems like it has the -20mm option because it also has the front lip that the standard car has and AFIK only comes with the -20mm or SportDesign aerokit. That lip makes a world of difference to the looks of front IMO Smiley

I must be going blind, then, because those exhaust tips look like regular exhaust tips.

--

2005 997S Blk/Blk

SoCal Alan:
    Carlos from Spain:
    SoCal Alan:

So, did the car in that video have the Sport Exhaust?  Or, is the design of the exhaust tips supposed to be different?

Right, those tips are the Sport Exhaust's tips. Also seems like it has the -20mm option because it also has the front lip that the standard car has and AFIK only comes with the -20mm or SportDesign aerokit. That lip makes a world of difference to the looks of front IMO Smiley

I must be going blind, then, because those exhaust tips look like regular exhaust tips.

The easiest way to spot them is their color, instead of chrome finish they are sort of light grey mate Smiley

--

Carlos-you inspired me :) also an offer to purchase my 997.1 targa 4s helped also :)

I have questions: Is there going to be a targa4s? If yes-which model year and when is it going to be released? I cannot wait more than a year so if targa4s will come in 2014 then I will settle for a 2013 carrera 4s convertible. That should come out in the beginning of 2013? I am also considering a possibility of going for a TT but god knows when that should come out especially convertible.

another big issue that I have is transmission-I love driving manual and am scared that PDK will be boring (90% of driving I do is city driving, so speed is not that important to me rather than quirky little turns) should I aim for 7-speed manual? I read it is inferior to the old 6-speed... Or PDK can be fun? For those who do not know Montreal, imagine driing in Zurich in the city.

I am sure a lot of people share my questions hence I'm posting them in the main thread.

Thanks for your help!!!!

BlackSparrow:

Carlos-you inspired me :) also an offer to purchase my 997.1 targa 4s helped also :)

I have questions: Is there going to be a targa4s? If yes-which model year and when is it going to be released? I cannot wait more than a year so if targa4s will come in 2014 then I will settle for a 2013 carrera 4s convertible. That should come out in the beginning of 2013? I am also considering a possibility of going for a TT but god knows when that should come out especially convertible.

another big issue that I have is transmission-I love driving manual and am scared that PDK will be boring (90% of driving I do is city driving, so speed is not that important to me rather than quirky little turns) should I aim for 7-speed manual? I read it is inferior to the old 6-speed... Or PDK can be fun? For those who do not know Montreal, imagine driing in Zurich in the city.

I am sure a lot of people share my questions hence I'm posting them in the main thread.

Thanks for your help!!!!

Smiley 21

I cannot answer the Targa4S release question, maybe RC has some info, but I seriously doubt a Targat will be relieased before a years's time, there is still the Cab and the AWD versions to arrive first.

As to the Manual vs.PDK, if 90% of your driving is city driving then I would seriously consider a PDK, and this is coming from a manual guy too. PDK is much more confortable, and also more agile in city driving, and in city driving you don't really get to enjoy a manual like you would on B country roads, or even highway driving. Just depends on how much you get to enjoy a manual in that 10% of driving you don't do in the city. So PDK would make a more reasonable choice as much as it pains me to say it as a manual guy. I don't believe the new 7-speed manual is worse than the 997 6-speed, I will believe it when I see it myself, because it sounds something very unlikely, if they changed it, it going to be for the better IMO, but unitl I test it I can't really say for sure.

--

Carlos from Spain:
    SoCal Alan:
    Carlos from Spain:
    SoCal Alan:

The easiest way to spot them is their color, instead of chrome finish they are sort of light grey mate Smiley

That's so subtle...

--

2005 997S Blk/Blk

W8MM:
    MKSGR:

I imagine I'm in a small minority on this forum, but I don't like black rims -- ever.

That makes two of us.

This is my take on this subject... The 991 Targa is rumoured to go back to the looks of the classic targa models with retractable roof and so on and not like the targa model offered in e.g. 997 models where it's more or less only a panoramic glass roof. The targa model will probably be introduced late in the model program, and perhaps even after the 991 Turbo.

The 991 4S will probably be available during Q4 2012 at the latest and introduction in either Paris 2012 if not earlier according to my sources. What I've also heard is that the new glass sunroof potentially could be available from MY 2013 and hence available when the 4S is launched. I myself will swap my 991 2S for the 4S with this roof system when available Smiley

If you take a look in this video you'll see that Porsche already have a plan for this new sunroof and they won't call it the targa roof and it would be available as an option to the ordinary 991 models as a glas sunroof option Smiley

--

Sold: 997.1 C2S Black/Black - PSE, PCCB, -20mm/LSD, Short-shifter, SportChrono, etc.

W8MM:
    MKSGR:

Now we are two SmileySmiley

MKSGR:
    W8MM:
    MKSGR:

Me three Smiley

Mean look = Black, black wheels, black interior

Clinical look = Silver / Black interior, silver wheels

Elegant look = Dark blue / beige interior / silver wheels

Dull look = Grey / grey interior / silver wheels

Sporty look = White / black interior, black wheels

Look at me look = Yellow, Orange or PTS in any extreme colour

Hey, I don't want my sportscar to look like sportscar look = any shade of brown, ruby red, etc

Don't want to offend anyone.. just my highly personal opinion. So please take this with a smile and a bit of irony Smiley

--

Good analysis Lukas..kiss

It's the 'Sporty look' for me - very pleased with it...devil

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

Lukas, thanks!!! 4s with that roof will be sick!!! Waiting for the Paris show

911 at Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi.

This is SO cool!

Enjoy!

The new 911: Development of Porsche Identity...

"Our identity is the 911. This is especially true, even in the 21st century. Instantly recognisable and originally engineered for the racetrack, it continues to stir the emotions today, just as it did in 1963..."

The new 911: Development of Porsche Identity -- Video Link

Smiley SmileySmiley

dxpetrov:

911 at Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi.

This is SO cool!

Enjoy!

Cool is right - fantastic camera position..kiss

--

Boxster Coupe GTS:

The new 911: Development of Porsche Identity...

"Our identity is the 911. This is especially true, even in the 21st century. Instantly recognisable and originally engineered for the racetrack, it continues to stir the emotions today, just as it did in 1963..."

The new 911: Development of Porsche Identity -- Video Link

Smiley SmileySmiley

Very inspiring - both the video and the car..kiss

--

W8MM:
    MKSGR:

You´re not alone om this one Smiley

J.Seven

I am a bit over this 911 "Identity" thing.  I surely understand what Porsche is doing here, promoting the new 991 and paying sincere homage to the past.  I get it, and wow do I like the new 991.

But to me Porsche would do well to emphasize the path from early cars, and their Porsche family creators, up to and including the 911 which came along well after a wonderful identity was already in place.  In this video, for example, a second or two more about the pre-911 cars and the Porsche family would have rung my identity bell.  The identity is not just a design or even an engineering feat--it's the name of a man and a family.  Last time I checked, there was no Dr. Lexus, Dr. Chevrolet, or Dr. Nissan....

Very cool video! kiss Makes me a proud 911 owner ...

--

If I don't fly, I drive my .:RS 

W8MM:
    MKSGR:

+1.

Add me to the minority.

It's not for this thread - but, as it's cropped up several times now, IMHO you can't beat black (especially RS Spyder centre-locking) rims on a white 911...

--

Lukas:

1929_2.jpg

Very funny. I do know the place and might be around end of the week.

Add me to the NO LIKE BLACK WHEELS list.  They remind me of the ugly test mules that we see in Germany and elsewhere prior to model releases.  

Black wheels on lighter colours only! But, white on white is pure sex!

1327296012078Front Wheel.jpgHeavyMetalThunder:
    MKSGR:
    W8MM:
    MKSGR:

Me three Smiley

Maybe this will sway you three...

Actually four.blush

I don't even like them on the RSR.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    763505 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    435961 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260809 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257768 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82545 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5324 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

872817 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    808308 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM