Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Ladies and gentlemen, the new 991...

ISUK:

Just had a call from my dealer to say that the aluminium window surround option is now not available to order and he doesn't have a date when it will be crying   That comes on top of the carbon trim and brushed aluminium options also not being made available. How on earth can Porsche get the option availability so badly wrong for the start of production?? These are basic trim items for goodness sake mail

Aluminum window surround option is ok on my order. The brushed aluminum interior trim only available from 5 Feb. 2012 from the system. However, I asked the dealer to check the carbon one and she said it is ok.

The aluminium window surround issue has only just been notified by the factory and applies to November and December production cars.

ISUK:

The aluminium window surround issue has only just been notified by the factory and applies to November and December production cars.

I will check with my local dealer again. My dealer only told me the brushed aluminum interior only ok after 5 Feb according from the ordering system last week. My order is for January production. The demo car is December build.

By the way, one of my fd also placed an order in Taiwan, did not heard any issue from him so far.

Just received this e-mail from Porsche South Africa.  As I've previously mentioned here, the international dealer launch of the 991 is taking place here in Cape Town from mid-Nov to mid-Dec (and I believe regional Porsche Club presidents from around the world are also being invited to a parallel event at the same time).

There's obviously been a lot of interest from local customers eager to get into the action, leading to Porsche deciding to issue this clarification.  Smiley

Dear Porsche Customers and Enthusiasts

The 911 Launch to Porsche Dealers in Cape Town

Many of you may be aware of the build up to the International Porsche dealer launch of the new 911 which is taking place in Cape Town mid November to mid December as well as the Porsche Travel Club Tours effective from the 13th December.

May we please take the opportunity to clarify that this event is exclusively for the Global Porsche Retail Dealer Operatives. It is hosted by the Board of Directors of Dr. Ing. H.c. F. Porsche AG and the attendees are Sales, Aftersales and Marketing Management from over 800 Porsche Dealers around the world. It is not a customer function. Our cars will be launched in South Africa in February 2012.

The wonderful thing is that you will see the 911’s on the Roadtour between the Waterfront and Cape Point and along back via Steenberg. It will however not be possible to get close to the cars, sit in the cars or interact with the participants as they are involved in the event itself. We also hope to give you a private viewing after the 12th December at Porsche Centre Cape Town, a full two months before the official launch at our dealerships.

At Frankfurt, I spoke at length with a longtime friend who has been with Exclusive for over 20 years.  He is a true, hardworking, dedicated professional.  He explained that at a major new car launch, Exclusive tries its best to have as many options as possible available, but sometimes they have to prioritize.  For example, the aerokit on the platinum Exclusive salon car will be available by the Geneva show.  I don't recall what he said about the burnished aluminum package, but can certainly understand that it may have been a bit down on the priority list at launch. 

I am surprised with the post that the Sport Techno wheels are not yet available, as they were shown at Frankfurt both on the car and on a wall display.  My guess is they will be available very soon, in any event.

I think Porsche does a fine job with available options...

Just received this e-mail from Porsche South Africa.  As I've previously mentioned here, the international dealer launch of the 991 is taking place here in Cape Town from mid-Nov to mid-Dec (and I believe regional Porsche Club presidents from around the world are also being invited to a parallel event at the same time).

Which just happens to co-incide with our collection dates, Pure Blue (I presume your GTS is keeping mine company right now, on its way to the port of East London, arriving 19th November for onward route to CPT by end of month..?).  I hope that's a good thing, rather than a bad thing...

Yes, yes, yes! It's about time. There's no such thing as a bad time to take delivery of a new 911.

By the way, if you're downtown in the next few weeks, check out the Westin Hotel (across the road from the CTICC) - a temporary structure's being constructed there for the dealer launch event.

Will do - I'll detour on the way to and from the office.  It'll make a pleasant change from having to drive past the Ferrari/Masarati showroom every morning!  

In fact Rennteamers might get some spyshots courtesy of Pure Blue and Budster over the course of the next few weeks!

My order placed Oct. 25th and aluminium window trim is available.  Interior aluminium trim pannel will only be available in Feb order placment.  Taiwan's first launch press is set at last week of December.  First available car on the road will be first week of March.  However, there are only 4 quota on the first deliveries, the rest of the cars will only come after June....  Its rather fast considerably..... 

Hi huangester, so the demo car will arrive the showroom late December in Taiwan? It is better than in HK. The official launch will be held in Guangzhou on Dec. 3rd this time. I can have a VIP tour on Nov 22nd where will be given exclusive access to the Porsche stand. But it is quite far away from HK, I do not plan to go there. The only chance can see the 991 in person in HK will be wait till March 2012 when the demo car arrive. By the way, you bought from 永業嗎 我朋友說1月配額有8部

Hey Pratas, first presentation will be the Taipei autoshow (Dec.24).  First set of 10 cars (DEMO show cars) will arrive Jan, then testing will follow through.  First set of order cars (4) will set to go on the road after march 10th.  I think the first 8 cars u are referring is for testing and showroom purposes....  They are not the first "personal order" cars...  Maybe they are for sale ??  but you get what they have with whatever options on it...  I do know that there will not be any 991 on the road before March 10th..... 

Hi Huangester My friend did place his order on 19 October. According to him the car should be January build and the quota for the first batch is 8 and the excepted delivery date is March. Anyway, it is possible just like you said the dealer might sale the demo cars pretend to be a new one. Did you get the January build queue? What's your specifications? I saw the Taiwan price list. It is a lot more cheaper than HK. By the way, I and my dealer just wondering how come you guys also have the quotation for the cab which not been released yet?

pratas:
    Hi Huangester My friend did place his order on 19 October. According to him the car should be January build and the quota for the first batch is 8 and the excepted delivery date is March. Anyway, it is possible just like you said the dealer might sale the demo cars pretend to be a new one. Did you get the January build queue? What's your specifications? I saw the Taiwan price list. It is a lot more cheaper than HK. By the way, I and my dealer just wondering how come you guys also have the quotation for the cab which not been released yet?

Not sure... I know mine is the first sets of shipments(Jan production)...  The price may seems cheaper at the stock price, but when you start adding on the options then it gets really expensive as compared with last year's 997.2 option list.  I ordered the Carrera S, aqua blue, alumi window trim, sport classic, PCCB, PDDC, PSE, SC, PDLS, sunroof, PCM, Bose, Sport Design swheel, Park assist front and rear...etc  The final price reaches NT$7,400,000 (US$247K)...  spending that much just on Carrera S Smiley.  I am hoping to use it for 2~3years and exchange for Turbo S after... 

The cab price is always a set price adding onto the Coupe version, the margin is very well calculated the same way each year, so they can quote the price already, and this is just to get the orders through more quickly I suppose for those Cab. lovers!! 

huangester:

My order placed Oct. 25th and aluminium window trim is available.  Interior aluminium trim pannel will only be available in Feb order placment.  Taiwan's first launch press is set at last week of December.  First available car on the road will be first week of March.  However, there are only 4 quota on the first deliveries, the rest of the cars will only come after June....  Its rather fast considerably..... 

Yes the aluminium window trim likely is being accepted for March deliveries onwards. My post was that it is not available for December build cars Smiley

huangester:
    pratas:

Not sure... I know mine is the first sets of shipments(Jan production)...  The price may seems cheaper at the stock price, but when you start adding on the options then it gets really expensive as compared with last year's 997.2 option list.  I ordered the Carrera S, aqua blue, alumi window trim, sport classic, PCCB, PDDC, PSE, SC, PDLS, sunroof, PCM, Bose, Sport Design swheel, Park assist front and rear...etc  The final price reaches NT$7,400,000 (US$247K)...  spending that much just on Carrera S Smiley.  I am hoping to use it for 2~3years and exchange for Turbo S after... 

The cab price is always a set price adding onto the Coupe version, the margin is very well calculated the same way each year, so they can quote the price already, and this is just to get the orders through more quickly I suppose for those Cab. lovers!! 

My goodness

Are you sure you need PCCB, PDDC even PDLS in Taiwan?  Especially you plan to change to Turbo S in 2-3 years....

ISUK:
    huangester:

Yes the aluminium window trim likely is being accepted for March deliveries onwards. My post was that it is not available for December build cars Smiley

Hi ISUK

When you except your 991 delivery?  My is January build and should be arrive around April.

Mine was a December build for delivery on or around 17th December. It looks like I'll be delaying it now though due to the option availability issues.

US$247K - ???  I can buy three 991 for that here.  Sorry about that.  What to heck is governemt over there doing with all that money.  The public transport must be using Maybach limos.  Just don't get it.  Some countries like Sweden and Denmark are even worse.  I wonder if anyone has looked at the different Porsche sites (by country) and compared all the prices?

Cheers,

In Portugal the price for a 991 Carrera (base price) is 113.245,00€. The 991 Carrera S (base price) is 132.040,00€.

If you start adding extras for a 991 S (such as PDCC, PCCB, Sport Chrono, plus other options....) the price rise over 165.000,€...

Yes, a real shame. The sad thing is that the "State" does'nt actually gain more revenue from these exorbatant tax rates, as the volume is much less than it would otherwise be. If you tax more of something, you land up getting less of it.

Just had confirmation that the aluminium window trim is available from January production. Deviating stitching is available from March production. My dealer has a customer car he ordered after mine that is showing a build completion date of 1st December so it looks like the first wave of customer cars will arrive here in time for the launch night.

Carrara:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=idE0sTHDB_w

Smiley

Smiley

Another one... they`re comming kiss

Launch Control demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5kEjuasEsk

wink

Carrara:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=idE0sTHDB_w

Smiley SmileySmiley

pjd:

Another one... they`re comming kiss

Launch Control demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5kEjuasEsk

wink

Smiley SmileySmiley

http://www.excellence-mag.com/of-note/first-drive-in-the-new-911

NICE :)

Reviews on press launch days are usually positif and praise any new car. I'll be more interested in the ' second' tests comming from independent magasines when they get one car for a few days and test it intensively.

Or driving impressions comming form ' normal drivers', you, me ....

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

http://www.autobild.de/artikel/porsche-911-carrera-s-fahrbericht-2281216.html

i fell in love with this car cool

First tests for German mags are already done. Next week is full test in German AMS, week after that test in German Sport Auto with Hockenheim track time(it is that brown 991 S with PDCC/-20mm). Hint-very, very good results.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689388 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409108 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234960 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65510 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857903 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773930 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM