Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Range Rover Evoque introduction event (with a few pics)

Have seen a few Evoque on the street by now and have to say that it looks stunning and has lots of presence. Glad to see that there is another car on the market that attracts customers with quality and design and even more so that it comes from Range Rover.

Atlantis:

Congratulations Iain. Not going for the pano roof? For me it's one of the stand-out options for the Evoque. 

I hope your car is delivered on time - it seems LR are having quite severe production problems at the moment, with delays of a month or two common. Issues with Xenon supplies is the main one which might bite you. I've already been warned that my March car could be late because 5dr production has been slowed following the accidental death of an employee at Halewood a few weeks ago. 

Yes, I've got the Pano roof. I forgot to say it was a Dynamic with Lux pack I've ordered. I've subsequently heard about the delivery delays from another source tonight so may fall back on buying the showroom display car which is a petrol Si4 Dynamic auto model in Firenze red with black roof and Lux pack and has an all black leather interior, silver wheels and no privacy glass. I'll see what the dealer says on Monday once they've had a chance to check on the November slot to see if they are confident that it will be built on schedule.

ISUK:
    Atlantis:

Congratulations Iain. Not going for the pano roof? For me it's one of the stand-out options for the Evoque. 

I hope your car is delivered on time - it seems LR are having quite severe production problems at the moment, with delays of a month or two common. Issues with Xenon supplies is the main one which might bite you. I've already been warned that my March car could be late because 5dr production has been slowed following the accidental death of an employee at Halewood a few weeks ago. 

Yes, I've got the Pano roof. I forgot to say it was a Dynamic with Lux pack I've ordered. I've subsequently heard about the delivery delays from another source tonight so may fall back on buying the showroom display car which is a petrol Si4 Dynamic auto model in Firenze red with black roof and Lux pack and has an all black leather interior, silver wheels and no privacy glass. I'll see what the dealer says on Monday once they've had a chance to check on the November slot to see if they are confident that it will be built on schedule.

If it were me, I'd take the showroom car as I don't have great confidence in LR delivering to schedule. You can always get the glass tinted afterwards and I personally prefer the all black interior to the black/red combination (my dealer has a fuji white dynamic with that interior as a demo, and I'm not keen)

--

987 Boxster & New VW Scirocco

1318717404831IMG_0166.jpg

--

I saw the red/black interior on another car there and loved it. It will be my other half who uses it everyday and she really likes the two tone interior. I'm a bit fed up of all black interiors to be honest but the light stitching on the showroom car did help lift it. I may go for the showroom car if I get the feeling the factory order is going to be a 2012 delivery as it does seem like the delivery promises are possibly optimistic.

It's a difficult colour to capture on camera as it's not nearly as bright as your pic suggests it is. It will also look better against a black headliner and with the gloss black dash trim IMHO.

yes, the evoque does look stunning. it just needs an engine....

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

easy_rider911:
    reginos:
    fritz:
    easy_rider911:

Fifth Gear reviewed it yesterday and they loved it kiss

They were very positive about its handling, ride comfort and off-road ability, not just looks and interior appointments, so it got sa very good review. Scored 27.5 from 30 points in their vaguely objective rating. 

They love LR and RR, in the UK.

Do you ever see things except through nationalistic eyes reginos? Smiley

It's a statement of fact and you shouldn't read anything wrong in it. LR is the archetypical British utility 4X4 and the RR is the original luxury SUV that originated from GB in the 70s. The LRJ brands are gradualy gaining ground worldwide but still the largest success is inside the UK.

--

"Form follows function"

After doing a bit of digging on production delays I did the deal on the showroom car today and we should have it by the end of this week.

IMG_0309.jpg

Congrats Iain, enjoy in good health Smiley

that color looks great. Good choice in going with the showroom car, uncertainty in the wait could've put a real damper on the ownership experience. The only thing i'd change on this car is the headliner, black wouldn've looked a lot better i think, but thats a personal thing, I like darker interiors in cars, makes me feel better when i drive, no idea why. 

Congrats Iain. kiss I have seen the Evoque in flesh and absolutely love it. I especially like the quality of the leather and 2 color-dash of Dynamic. However, I like the 5-door model much better. Anyway. Sometimes you make me jealous smiley

--

ONUR

11 M3 Coupe AW

09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

I think you made the right choice Iain. Looks lovely

--

Thanks guys. Prior to this weekend I'd also have said I preffered the 5 door but after spending quite a bit of time around both models I have to say the three door in Dynamic spec wins the looks contest for me now. Rear seat access isn't great but there is plenty of room when you get in there and for ocassional use only they are fine. My better half will be the main driver and she is delighted with it so that's brownie points for me.

I'm amazed at the amount of equipment the car comes with between the standard spec and the Lux pack - surround view cameras, park assist that will parallel park the car into a space only 1.2 times it's length, blind spot monitoring, keyless entry, 825w 16 speaker Meridian surround sound system with sub woofer, 8 inch dual touch screen nav with digital tv, heated front windscreen and heated washer nozzles, driver and passenger memory seat functions, pano roof, voice control, xenon lights, rain sensing wipers etc. When you take all of this into account plus it's impressive off road ability the purchase price doesn't look too bad when compared to the X3 and Q5. The spec makes my Cayenne look positively basic angel

JLR are adding value to their cars, through lots of free kit, in order to increase their very small global market share. This is attractive for the consumer but not very good for the profitability of the manufacturer in the long run. Time will tell if JLR will change hands again for the upteenth time.

Nevertheless, the Evoque is a nice bijou car to go with a girl's fashionable handbag and her in-vogue sunglasses and I'm sure the concept will soon be copied by others, if it catches.

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:

JLR are adding value to their cars, through lots of free kit, in order to increase their very small global market share. This is attractive for the consumer but not very good for the profitability of the manufacturer in the long run. Time will tell if JLR will change hands again for the upteenth time.

Nevertheless, the Evoque is a nice bijou car to go with a girl's fashionable handbag and her in-vogue sunglasses and I'm sure the concept will soon be copied by others, if it catches.

Just for that statement LR will do a WRC version in full macho kit...
    --

2011 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2009 Porsche 911S

Well we picked the car up on Thursday and........................... it's superb kiss

The build quality, refinement and overall performance is great. It's been quite a while since I've been so enthusiastic about a car but this one just pushes all the right buttons IMHO. Yes there are faster, cheaper, more frugal alternatives out there but as many magazine tests have discovered nothing beats the all round capability this car offers. It's so good in fact that on the day I collected it a new showroom display car had arrived that is a 5 door diesel version in Dynamic Plus spec with a few nice options so...... I bought it as well for me to drive smiley 

I sold my Cayenne on Wednesday after 9 months ownership and got a fantastic price of just £1k GBP less than I paid for it brand new back in January. I couldn't ignore that so let it go. The Evoque 5 door will make a great replacement over the coming winter.

Here are some pics of the 3 door after I've given it the full machine polish and Swisswax protection treatment today and some pics of my 5 door as well. I can't pick that one up until December as the dealer must have both a 3 and 5 door model on showroom display and their next unsold 5 door isn't due to arrive for around 6 weeks.

Web 1.JPG

13193075182983.JPG

13193076099795.JPG

Web 7.JPG

13193077542161.jpg

13193078444582.jpg

ISUK:

Well we picked the car up on Thursday and........................... it's superb kiss

The build quality, refinement and overall performance is great. It's been quite a while since I've been so enthusiastic about a car but this one just pushes all the right buttons IMHO. Yes there are faster, cheaper, more frugal alternatives out there but as many magazine tests have discovered nothing beats the all round capability this car offers. It's so good in fact that on the day I collected it a new showroom display car had arrived that is a 5 door diesel version in Dynamic Plus spec with a few nice options so...... I bought it as well for me to drive smiley

That is quite an endorsement.  Smiley   Smiley

--

fritz

ISUK:
    It's so good in fact that on the day I collected it a new showroom display car had arrived that is a 5 door diesel version in Dynamic Plus spec with a few nice options so...... I bought it as well for me to drive smiley

So casual and simple. Put another one in the shopping trolley  Smiley

Enjoy your cars and your good fortune, forever Smiley

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:
    ISUK:
    It's so good in fact that on the day I collected it a new showroom display car had arrived that is a 5 door diesel version in Dynamic Plus spec with a few nice options so...... I bought it as well for me to drive smiley

So casual and simple. Put another one in the shopping trolley  Smiley

Enjoy your cars and your good fortune, forever Smiley

Thanks reginos Smiley

Smiley It was a bit like that I have to say. It's a pity they weren't doing a "buy one get one free" offer like the supermarkets do Smiley  The two saleswomen were egging me on to do it (surprise surprise) whilst one of the other sales guys was diasappointed I hadn't turned up in my 458 to collect the first one. We had gone over in the MiTo instead  Smiley

I really really really like this car. and the combos you're choosing are great too Iain.  The pano roof looks amazing, I'm a sucker for those. 

You have to go pick up the next one in the 458 so you can keep people at that dealer happy, you have a fairly commited relationship with them now indecision . Way to put a ring on it.

congrats. looks good. love the seats.

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

I really like your attitude towards life Iain. Enjoy your cars in good health mate! Smiley

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

It looks great in red. I was a bit underwelmed when I saw the Evoque in black. I think you need a contrasting color to see all the black details and to make the car look special.

How is the space in the back, is it a descent size family car?

Enjoy!

wink

--

2012 Cayenne S White/Espresso 

Ex: 993 Targa, 986S, 986 and 964 C2

ISUK:

I sold my Cayenne on Wednesday after 9 months ownership and got a fantastic price of just £1k GBP less than I paid for it brand new back in January. I couldn't ignore that so let it go. The Evoque 5 door will make a great replacement over the coming winter.

13193078444582.jpg

Awesome move Iain kiss

The saying "money collects more money" should be true. It should be so nice to sell a car only loosing 1K quid after 9 months use. I used to change cars like this when I was doing car business, but in the big picture, I lost so much money because of the business itself. Anyway, you have my other favorite car in the market. So my " Favorite 2-Car Collection" goal is achieved by you; RR Evoque 5D diesel for DD and F458 coupe for the weekend.

What are these seats? I can't believe they are offered with this car. Gorgeous 

--

ONUR

11 M3 Coupe AW

09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

pride355:

Awesome move Iain kiss

Do you regret at all getting the Q3 for your wife instead of this  Smiley

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:
    pride355:

Awesome move Iain kiss

Reginos,

It is a little more complicated than this. First of all, the Goverment had increased lux. tax on the cars 2 weeks ago. So now, cars with more than 2000 cc engines have total tax (special consumer tax + VAT) of %171. On the other hand, cars with less than 2000 cc engines have total tax of %112. Also, we haven't received the 2.2 diesel version of Evoque yet, and with the latest tax, I don't think it will ever come, at least not before 2013. 

So, our nicely optioned Q3 w/2.0 TDI (177hp) engine and DSG is a much smarter buy than RR Evoque w/2.0 benzine which is 50% more expensive. So I guess, Evoque Diesel will be double the price of the Q3 diesel because of the 2.2 liter engine.

Ohh, and after the latest increase in the fuel prices, 1 liter of 97 Octane fuel is 2,5 USD in Turkey.

So to answer your question: No we don't regret for our Q3 choice. I also like that car. By the way, the car is for my sister, not for my wife (we got an A1 for her). I think Q3 is more suitable for a woman and Evoque for man. I would love to have one as a DD BUT I haven't sold my E60 520d yet with a good price, and after the increased tax, Evoque has become too expensive for what it is (Diesel has a list price of around 120K Euro Smiley)

--

ONUR

11 M3 Coupe AW

Onur,

The seats are part of the Dynamic Plus pack on the Evoque. They look really good. Here is a pic of the same seat in the only other colour option - black.

3 Jpeg.JPG

pride355:
    reginos:
    pride355:

Awesome move Iain kiss

Reginos,

It is a little more complicated than this. First of all, the Goverment had increased lux. tax on the cars 2 weeks ago. So now, cars with more than 2000 cc engines have total tax (special consumer tax + VAT) of %171. On the other hand, cars with less than 2000 cc engines have total tax of %112. Also, we haven't received the 2.2 diesel version of Evoque yet, and with the latest tax, I don't think it will ever come, at least not before 2013. 

So, our nicely optioned Q3 w/2.0 TDI (177hp) engine and DSG is a much smarter buy than RR Evoque w/2.0 benzine which is 50% more expensive. So I guess, Evoque Diesel will be double the price of the Q3 diesel because of the 2.2 liter engine.

Ohh, and after the latest increase in the fuel prices, 1 liter of 97 Octane fuel is 2,5 USD in Turkey.

So to answer your question: No we don't regret for our Q3 choice. I also like that car. By the way, the car is for my sister, not for my wife (we got an A1 for her). I think Q3 is more suitable for a woman and Evoque for man. I would love to have one as a DD BUT I haven't sold my E60 520d yet with a good price, and after the increased tax, Evoque has become too expensive for what it is (Diesel has a list price of around 120K Euro Smiley)

Very rational thinking process. In many countries the keen car enthusiast is milked by goverments for revenue, unfortunately.

We have a Q5 2.0 TDI DSG (same engine and gearbox but little less hp at 170) and it has an excellent powertrain. Economical for the size of the car, refined for a diesel,very adequate pull and smooth gearchanges.

Sorry, I mixed up your sister with your wife Smiley

--

"Form follows function"

Congrats on the new car.

Just had one as a courtesy car yesterday while they put the winter tyres up on our RRS. Unfortunately the car they gave me was small configed - Pure package, 150HP only, textile seats, manual shift.... The car didnt had enough power, the build was anything else than I know from RR, didnt like the ride either. So when I picked up my car in the evening I checked the showroom and seen the dynamic with the nappa leather option - boy.... that car was a stunning beauty. Build quality and feel a total different level than the courtesy car had. I loved it from the first second on, felt like an RR. Wouldnt mind having one, too. So - the car has potential but it needs to have all the gimmicks!

Seeing that your car looks like that I really only can imagine how nice it would be especially with the strong engine! Congrats again - beautiful car!

ISUK:

Onur,

The seats are part of the Dynamic Plus pack on the Evoque. They look really good. Here is a pic of the same seat in the only other colour option - black.

3 Jpeg.JPG

Congrats on your new beautiful toySmiley

These seats seems to belong to a high en Lambo, Ferrari, Porsche or AM , great move from RR, they really nail it in all aspects, I am almost considering changing my RR TD6 Vogue for this beauty, but will miss the huge cabin space and luxury so still thinking Smiley

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/3/24 3:40 PM
    watt
    802249 1803
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448225 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    265788 323
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    264542 288
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    89842 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6282 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885063 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    831507 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM