Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

OT: Do you get the Golf V R32 in the UK?

Hi guys,

Just out of curiosity, do you get the Golf V R32 in the UK? I just want to figure out if VW have made a RHD version of it? Thanks!

Re: OT: Do you get the Golf V R32 in the UK?

Sure do...

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/r32/flash/

Not a bad car for the money.. to be honest I'd probably save the cash and get the GTi. Dont get that much extra power for your Pounds6k and you could always get some more power out of the turbo GTi with a chip and exhaust for not much cash.

You thinking of increasing your stable again Mike!! Thought you'd have run out of garage space by now!

Hey Mike ... The cars coming to SA soon if i remember properly ....
    Its maybe gonna be badged VR6. You Interested??

@BC997J: I saw the car in Frankfurt, it's definately called the R32. I spoke to one of the head people at McCarthy Detla SA. He says he will let me know if they decide to bring the R32 here. For the time being, they haven't made a decision yet.

@RichJ: I don't like the GTi because there are too many here! I also don't like the fact that it is FWD, I like the R32 because it has AWD and it is a better looking car. The R32 is a small car RichJ, won't take up that much garage space Plus I've built on 4 more garages

4 more garages!!!! You have your work cut out filling those!!! An issue I could only dream of having!!!

So that leaves 3 spaces.... oooooh descisions descisions...

I know its called the R32, but the guys at a dealer I spoke to over here said they might rebadge it VR6 in SA. Cause the VR6 has a cult following and all that jazz. Kinda like they call the Opel/Vauxhaul Astra VXR's GSI's over here in SA. (Did you get that??? I'm not sure if I even get what i said there? ) Maybe they're just messing with our heads over here to get the potential customers hyped upped...

Man mike, another 4 garages built on??? What you planning on getting (If I may ask )

hey guys ! long time no see! glad you got your gt3 bc997j.

are you planning to get the r32 mike? but i think this car are too heavy for an hot hatch 1510kg

If hot hatch , i will go for renaultsport clio v6 midengine rear wheel drive!!

http://motoring.excite.co.uk/display/visualizzanews.php3?id=22986

Quote:
    bazza said:

are you planning to get the r32 mike? but i think this car are too heavy for an hot hatch 1510kg

If hot hatch , i will go for renaultsport clio v6 midengine rear wheel drive!!

http://motoring.excite.co.uk/display/visualizzanews.php3?id=22986

The R32 is heavy for sure, but you don't feel it when driving. It feels nimble and light and the AWD just makes you believe you are driving on rails. Absolutely marvelous.
    The DSG tranny also works great with the VR6, IMO fits better to the big engine than to the GTI I drove before.

In fact I was so convinced by the car, that I decided to get one as a daily commuter.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    In fact I was so convinced by the car, that I decided to get one as a daily commuter.

Rossi,
    Similar to you, I was so convinced by the GTi that I decided to get one as an everyday car. It only arrived this afternoon I'm really looking forward to racking up the miles in it. I really like the R32 too, but as my car is a "company" car, I'd end up paying a lot more tax on the R32 than the GTi because of its higher CO2 emissions.

I've just added some pics of my new GTi to my gallery

My understanding is Rossi liked the R32 better and he got one as a daily commuter (and not the GTI).

Quote:
    Ziggy said:
    My understanding is Rossi liked the R32 better and he got one as a daily commuter (and not the GTI).

Yes, I know that's why I said "similar" rather than the same

Quote:
    Atlantis said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:

Rossi,
    Similar to you, I was so convinced by the GTi that I decided to get one as an everyday car. It only arrived this afternoon I'm really looking forward to racking up the miles in it. I really like the R32 too, but as my car is a "company" car, I'd end up paying a lot more tax on the R32 than the GTi because of its higher CO2 emissions.

I've just added some pics of my new GTi to my gallery

Very nice car Atlantis!

I really like the new GTI, it looks somehow special to stand out among other Golfs, but not too flashy and "screaming". Also the engine is very good.

Congrats to your new car, especially in red, that would have been my colour for the GTI too.

Enjoy!

Thanks very much Rossi
    I wanted a car that was a bit special, but will (hopefully)not attract too much attention (i.e. vandalism)

Have you decided on the spec for your R32 yet? My local dealer has a blue one in with the Recaro's and it looks great. The R32's are selling like hotcakes in the UK, and my dealer has sold his entire 2006 allocation already!

Quote:
    Atlantis said:
    Have you decided on the spec for your R32 yet? My local dealer has a blue one in with the Recaro's and it looks great. The R32's are selling like hotcakes in the UK, and my dealer has sold his entire 2006 allocation already!

Blue is very nice, I saw one at the last year's Frankfurt Motor Show, but I ordered metallic black with black leather interior (standard seats).
    I also took the DSG.

BTW, good to hear that the R32 is sought-after.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Blue is very nice, I saw one at the last year's Frankfurt Motor Show, but I ordered metallic black with black leather interior (standard seats).
    I also took the DSG.

BTW, good to hear that the R32 is sought-after.

Excellent. I hope you enjoy it when it arrives

Quote:
    Atlantis said:
    Excellent. I hope you enjoy it when it arrives

Thanks Atlantis!

I think I will.

Quote:
    bazza said:

Thanxx Bazza... It took a while but its 101%worth it ...

Mike...If you planning on getting a hot hatch dont forget about the BMW 130iMsport... Its not as fast as the R32 but its MUCH more fun to drive.. Trust me, it like comparing your SL65 to your CarreraS. The VW's more efficientm but the beemers more involving

Quote:
    BC997J said:
    Quote:
    bazza said:

Thanxx Bazza... It took a while but its 101%worth it ...

Mike...If you planning on getting a hot hatch dont forget about the BMW 130iMsport... Its not as fast as the R32 but its MUCH more fun to drive.. Trust me, it like comparing your SL65 to your CarreraS. The VW's more efficientm but the beemers more involving

I don't like the look of the 130 at ALL. That's the problem with the hatchbacks at the moment, most of them are hideous.

Quote:
    BC997J said:
    I know its called the R32, but the guys at a dealer I spoke to over here said they might rebadge it VR6 in SA. Cause the VR6 has a cult following and all that jazz. Kinda like they call the Opel/Vauxhaul Astra VXR's GSI's over here in SA. (Did you get that??? I'm not sure if I even get what i said there? ) Maybe they're just messing with our heads over here to get the potential customers hyped upped...

Man mike, another 4 garages built on??? What you planning on getting (If I may ask )

I didn't speak to a guy at the dealer, I spoke to the head guy of McCarthy VW South Africa As far as he knows, it will still be called the R32.

Well, I've got 2 new additions to the lot arriving at the end of this month. Not saying what though Will post pics when they arrive. I made space for the F430 Spider, but guess what Ferrari SA told me.... They said mine will only arrive NEXT YEAR!! They said they took away some of the allocations for SA due to new dealerships opening in China and Ferrari hasn't increased it's production. I have another car in mind while I wait, but I'm not saying anything till I'm certain.

@Rossi: Would you perhaps have any real life photo's of the R32? I saw the same one at Frankfurt last year, but I never got any good photo's of it with all the people busy climbing in and out the whole time. Would be GREATLY appreciated

Cool... Can understand that ...

Damn, that crap about Ferrari will really put me off...Next Year??!!! I'll tell them to put that pony up their @sses if I was in your position... But then again it all depends on how much you want your car

Mike your my hero.... I dream about bein able to have as many cars like you do... Cheers bud You really made something out of your life, esp for someone as young as yourself

BTW...When can I take you on with my GT3??? I'll whip your ass ( as long as you dont use your Noble )

Here is R32 at dealer's in Black Magic Perleffect...

...rear.

Mike,
    Take a look on Tyresmoke R32 forum for some pics by UK owners

Quote:
    BC997J said:
    Damn, that crap about Ferrari will really put me off...Next Year??!!! I'll tell them to put that pony up their @sses if I was in your position...

You have no idea, I wish I could. I already have the deposit down, so I can't back out or it will be money thrown out the window

Quote:
    BC997J said:
    BTW...When can I take you on with my GT3??? I'll whip your ass ( as long as you dont use your Noble )

Anytime, let me know when you're in the Johannesburg area :P (If you're implying about straight-line racing, mind if I use the 65? )

Quote:
    Atlantis said:
    Mike,
    Take a look on Tyresmoke R32 forum for some pics by UK owners

Thanks so much Atlantis, you have been a great help! The R32 looks so much better than the Audi A3 3.2!

@Branimir: Thank you for the photos!!

@ Mike

Don't forget to order the new sport seat, only available for GTI and R32.

Blueflame

Thanks blueflame! I will definately remember that one!

are they offering a 6 speed ? the rumor is usa will only get dsg

Not sure for USA, but for SA there will definately be a 6speed as well. Should the car ever be brought in.

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    BC997J said:
    Damn, that crap about Ferrari will really put me off...Next Year??!!! I'll tell them to put that pony up their @sses if I was in your position...

You have no idea, I wish I could. I already have the deposit down, so I can't back out or it will be money thrown out the window

What can a man do

Quote:
    BC997J said:

Anytime, let me know when you're in the Johannesburg area :P (If you're implying about straight-line racing, mind if I use the 65? )

Nooooo, not in a straight line... The 65 AND Noble will cream a GT3 ESP up there at that altitude
    Around a track maybe? Kyalami?
    Do you have any skills in that regard???

Quote:
    BC997J said:
    Nooooo, not in a straight line... The 65 AND Noble will cream a GT3 ESP up there at that altitude
    Around a track maybe? Kyalami?
    Do you have any skills in that regard???

Thank goodness for forced induction!

I suppose I could give it a try around Kyalami I do track the cars, about 10 times a year. Don't really get more time to do it more Wish I could though.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690674 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409889 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256093 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235343 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65724 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858555 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774834 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM