Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

i put down the order...not really...

Yesterday i went to my dealer to put down the order..but..

In the Porsche dealers order form on the PC there is no words of Meteor Gray..in the car configurator there is the code Q9 or Q7 if i remember right..but nothing in the dealers order form..
    So..tomorrow my dealer will contact Porsche Italia to know more..and more also on the Exclusive option..to know definitively if from August production there will be the availability of CGT seats,roll bar etc..
    He must also ask for the painted rims..
    from my point of view the rims of the Turbo are just painted partially Meteor gray,so why i must pay the painted rims if they are just painted?
    And again,the steering wheel with carbon insert is only multifunctional,but is not the "sport" version..so he must ask also if there is a steering wheel with carbon insert but no multifunction...

he tell me that he think than on the order form they have now there is only the necessary to order first cars..then ,in a few days there will be all to order the car in production from August..
    First car he will receive in June will be CGT silver,with PCCB etc..really well optioned and expensive..

He confirmed mine september delivery..six months of waiting..again

Re: i put down the order...not really...

Please let us know about the availbility of the CGT seats. I would really like them. Please provide the code for that if its available!

manual or tip dario?

manual..

Did you try the clutch at Geneva? 'Manly' I would say. It's not for those with a weak left leg! Back to the old days...

"manly" clutch

next time ask for the key and turn on the engine - you might find that the clutch seems a little easier to push in

Re: "manly" clutch

Powered/servoed clutch? On a Porsche? Is this a turbo thing?

Dario, the waiting phase is the worst and best part both.....

Dario .traditore !

the sport steering wheel is unavaible with carbon iserts ..

Dario, Meteor Grey is not available before August, earliest. This is what I heard lately, I don't know if this is accurate information.
    The CGT shells may not be available at all or a less expensive and heavier version WITH thorax airbags.
    Either way, they won't be available for the first half of the MY 2007 (all 997 Turbo are MY 2007 cars).

I give you a little hint and I think I gave it before to you: if you want to get a car as soon as possible, order it NOW. The more you wait, the better the chance that you end up with a car end of this year or even later.

I wouldn't trust your dealer too much regarding "promises" because most dealers don't know yet how many cars they get before the factory summer vacation and even shortly after. So there is a good chance that you end up with no car in Sept.

I may be wrong, I don't know your dealer but as far as I heard, only slightly over 200 cars are available for the whole Germany before the factory shutdown in summer and even after the factory vacation, the availability of cars will be limited for a few weeks or even months.

To give you another hint: some official Porsche dealers in Germany get only one car as far as I heard before the summer holiday. ONE. And this is actually the showcar they need to do the presentation for customers.

So I wish you good luck but if you really want to get a 997 Turbo to your personal specs and with everything inside it, you better not hope for an early delivery.

Thanks Christian..

but..i don't whant to have the car before July but with options i don't like...

My dealer tell me that he have one car before the factory vacation..maybe two..but not Meteor gray becouse as you said is from August production..and with PCCB and other options..

Mine will be the first from the "second "slot..free to specs how i nedd..

Is one year and half that me and my dealer are really "friends" so..i don't think he whant to take joke of me..or at least i hope..

this week maybe i must know something more..

ciaoo

Dario, Meteor Gray in the GT3 material I picked up from Geneve is 'planned for 08/2006' so that matches what RC heard. I suppose they will introduce the colour at the same time for both models.

I'm going GT3 but my dealer told me that if I ordered a TT on 28/2 for sure I wouldn't see my car before 2007. and there are only 7 in front of me. They say that they are going to be much rarer than the 996 TT.

John,thanks for the update..

My 997 TT has the deposit down from May 2004... so i wait september only to have the Meteor gray,not becouse i have too much people in front of me..

Sure..finally it seems that Porsche whant to sell the 997 TT in a good way,to try to save the resale value for his customer.....but i don't what to belive to much in this theory

ciaoo

I hear what your saying, but I guess I was just damn lucky. I was able to spec my car out exzactly how I wanted, and the dealer tells me it's the very first car they're getting, perhaps they're selling me their demo car, but let me spec it out? Sometime around an April build with a June delivery.

Quote:
    zeroHero said:
    I hear what your saying, but I guess I was just damn lucky. I was able to spec my car out exzactly how I wanted, and the dealer tells me it's the very first car they're getting, perhaps they're selling me their demo car, but let me spec it out? Sometime around an April build with a June delivery.

Congrats!

Quote:
    [I give you a little hint and I think I gave it before to you: if you want to get a car as soon as possible, order it NOW. The more you wait, the better the chance that you end up with a car end of this year or even later.

I discussed with the company that imports Porsche here in Switzerland, and at the moment, they said they do not know how they are going to manage the huge demand and numbers orders received until now. The 997TT is selling like crazy

Quote:
    zeroHero said:

Yes, dealers usually sell their "demos" configured to specs because most of them get only one car before the factory shutdown and there isn't really the need for a demo since the 997 Turbo sells pretty well right now.

BTW: if your location is the US (Florida?), you won't see your car before July 8th.

I have seen the sample of meteor grey, it kinda looks like seal grey (a lot actually) but it is a bit darker,like slate (that brownish kind)...

My dealer just called me and informed me that i can place the final order till tomorrow...
    He also told me that i will receive my car on June (as i was 2nd on the waiting list) and that the car here in Greece with the taxes costs 190.000 euros.. (WITHOUT EXTRAS)
    so I asked him how much will it cost me if I wanted PCCB Sport Chrono, Automatic Gearbox (YES RC YOU WON), Sport Seats, and a Parking assist, and he told me that it would be about 218.000 euros..
    I canceled the order of the car, and now i am first on the waiting list for Gt3 RS.
    In the first sec of my conversation i tought to buy the automatic gearbox... (manual was not an option for me),

But later I thought what are you ready to do.. to give 220.000 euros for an AUTOMATIC CAR ??

Now my last chance to buy an other Porsche (AND NOT THE 2007 Gallardo) is the 997 RS. (as i will definetly sell my 997 2S cabrio).

Lets see...

$220,000 Euro's for a Porsche?

My god, they are going to be building at least 5000 of them per year if not more. Can you imagine the depreciation on this car? As JC would say;

EPIC!

Quote:
    nberry said:

My god, they are going to be building at least 5000 of them per year if not more. Can you imagine the depreciation on this car? As JC would say;

EPIC!

You'd pay the same or even more for an F430. In Europe, to top it off!
    Nick, when will you learn that what counts isn't exclusivity? With somewhat bigger numbers comes the assurance, that we won't have glue coming out of the vents, staining the leather

Quote:
    nberry said:

EPIC!

Did i mention that for my F430 spider I paid 280.000 euros ?!
    Taxes is the biggest problem here in Greece for cars above 2000cc ... Government earns SO MUCH money from good cars...
    And nowadays think that we have a reduction of 25%.
    Before 5 years cars were REALLY expensive...

I will not tell you what I was offered for my 430 Spider. But here is a hint...biblical!

Fortunately, though I put a great deal of emphasis on money value and return, I cannot drive around in any car with a pocket full of dollars and get the same enjoyment I get from driving the Spider. AS they say " LIVE BIG!"

Quote:
    nberry said:
    I will not tell you what I was offered for my 430 Spider. But here is a hint...biblical!

Fortunately, though I put a great deal of emphasis on money value and return, I cannot drive around in any car with a pocket full of dollars and get the same enjoyment I get from driving the Spider. AS they say " LIVE BIG!"

Now this IS a good post! Spoken like a true enthusiast! A Starbucks-posing, cup-holder-using entusiast, but an enthusiast nonetheless !

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

Now this IS a good post! Spoken like a true enthusiast! A Starbucks-posing, cup-holder-using entusiast, but an enthusiast nonetheless !

Nick has CUP-HOLDERS in his Spider???

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

No. But his Cayenne does

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

Rossi the change holder in the center divider holds a Starbuck coffee cup perfectly.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

Rossi the change holder in the center divider holds a Starbuck coffee cup perfectly.

That's great! Ands I'm serious

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

Well, I really do have to try this. You will be in serious trouble Nick, if I spill my coffee...

Quote:
    Rossi said:

Well, I really do have to try this. You will be in serious trouble Nick, if I spill my coffee...

Well try to drink coffee in a F430 and you will bring back from the dead, Enzo Ferrari.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689908 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409417 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255831 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235065 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65577 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4651 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858169 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774273 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM