Crown

Forum - Thema

Re: How NOT to detail the interior of your new Mercedes!!!

I am not feeling well surprise How can someone abuse such a car? I believe this method is only good for old Defenders...

Interested to know whether there is a story behind it?

His previous Mercedes must have been a Sprinter cargo van indecision

But I don't believe that the man washing the car is the owner. Not possible cheeky

--

"Form follows function"

Porsche_lover:

I am not feeling well surprise How can someone abuse such a car? I believe this method is only good for old Defenders...

Interested to know whether there is a story behind it?

The story is: The owner is a complete idiot who doesn't have a clue about cars. Apparently he was p.ss.d for some reason and took it too far. If he is lucky, the water damage is containable (if he went to a dealer fast) but to be honest, I think this guy will cry his brains out when he finds out what he did. Unless of course he is an even bigger idiot.

Good for MB Italy that they have his license plate on video...no warranty claim possible (even without knowing what he did, it would not be possible to get that fixed through warranty). Oh boy is that guy dumb...I can't believe what I see. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Carrera GTS Cabriolet PDK, BMW X5M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Could be his wife's car, perhaps they had a fight 

Bitko:

Could be his wife's car, perhaps they had a fight 

So why wet it, why not destroy it ? Smiley It also usually goes the other way around, I doubt that a guy would really destroy a car.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Carrera GTS Cabriolet PDK, BMW X5M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

What a F***ing idiot!!!!

Sick feeling... Hard to believe anyone would be that stupid. Only an imbecile would power wash leather seats and interior door panels but then the guy works his way onto the dash???  Stolen car maybe? Or perhaps it's not his and has a vendetta against the owner ? Or maybe he really is just that stupid??  

Can only imagine the damage....

Anyone know Italian? What were they saying?

Someone pls convince this guy  to give an interview sharing his thoughts haha!

He is cleaning it with such passion Smiley

As hard as I think, I simply cannot find a plausible explanation why someone would do this. WTF!  der.gif

--

Wow Aaron is not going to like that.   I agree wiwth the article on jalopnik "We just want to know how someone this stupid gets their hands on a brand new Mercedes."

I'd take care of it like a baby.

STRADALE:

They are not italian, the audio is really bad but they are speaking some eastern european language. My guess is the car is stolen and they don't care otherwise I have no explanation.

--

Carlos from Spain:
    STRADALE:

They are not italian, the audio is really bad but they are speaking some eastern european language. My guess is the car is stolen and they don't care otherwise I have no explanation.

--

Oh, okay. When I read this I just assumed -

"What makes absolutely no sense is taking a hose to your brand new leather interior, like this Italian Mercedes owner."

Would love to know what they were saying especially at the end.

Carlos from Spain:

Saw this vid on another web site and it was attributed to Macedonia, so your guess that the car might be stolen looks quite plausible. 

--

fritz

He knows he is doing something idiotic. The only explanation is that it isn't his car. I'm guessing it's stolen. But what is the point of trashing a stolen car like that? How can one resell easily? The only thing that makes sense is if he was trying to remove bloodstains.

--

997.1 C2S
     GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

harvey keitel.....pulp fiction comes to mind.....

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

fritz:

Saw this vid on another web site and it was attributed to Macedonia, so your guess that the car might be stolen looks quite plausible. 

To paraphrase the known expression "wash it like you stole it"

--

"Form follows function"

easy_rider911:

He knows he is doing something idiotic. The only explanation is that it isn't his car. I'm guessing it's stolen. But what is the point of trashing a stolen car like that? How can one resell easily? The only thing that makes sense is if he was trying to remove bloodstains.

You can also clearly see the face of the guy...I don't think this car is stolen, I rather think that he bought it in Italy and just doesn't have a clue how to clean it. On the other hand, if he is that dumb to clean it this way, maybe the car is stolen and he is so dumb that he doesn't realize that his face is in the video.  Smiley

--

Whatever is the real reason, we all agree in one thing: IT`S A VERY STUPID GUY.... mail

intouch1:

The problem solving-guy...SmileySmiley

BlueflameSmiley

AFAIK in the Balkan region, there are plenty of Mercedes cars but AFAIK many are stolen and bought by owners who even know they have been stolen from the EU - and this is so normal there that people wouldn't think twice about their face being in a video.

What will the Police do if you can bribe them? Nothing.

When you consider that national and regional politicians are probably being bribed to enable this stolen vehicle import 'business', there is unlikely to be any official condemnation.

Anyway, I think we're giving this man too much of our time when he is clearly an idiot.

Maybe that was the whole point - maybe he just wanted to go viral on YouTube :)

--

997.1 C2S
     GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/19322/1/

A Macedonian living in Italy drove his 2011 Mercedes CLS 350 CDI to a Skopje car wash. He requested a power wash for his car's interior.

The Car Wash employee thought the car owner was joking so naturally, he laughed it off and continued washing the exterior of the car.

The Mercedes owner was adamant about washing the interior so when the car wash employee refuse to do it, the owner took matters in his own hands, as you can see from the video. The stunned car wash employee quickly grabbed a cam and begun filming what has quickly become a youtube hit. You can hear the employee telling the delusional owner to stay away from electronics and the steering wheel.

But here is where it becomes bizarre. MINA's Novak Petrovski has a friend in San Francisco who owns a car dealership there. We have contacted the individual and sent him a link to the video.

Here is an email response from the car dealer in San Fran.
    "This is not strange at all. In fact, we do this at our place all the time, but with used cars. Every car dealer does this. We powerwash them inside to get rid of dirt and stains. I sure hope the Mercedes owner had some towels on hand after his power wash :-)"

Power washing a 2011 Mercedes perhaps doesn't qualify as a "used car", but there you have it. Lets hope the man actually used some towels at the end.

Haha, first thought WTF is he doing, it's already pretty clean (since its new) broken heart

I can actually confirm that many dealers powerwash used cars interiors. Have detailed many new Benz and BMWs myself back in my university part-time job. We powerwashed EVERYTHING. But we took the seats out before washing them (not leather ever) and we also took the entire carpet out before powerwashing it. Once everything is clean, I reassembled the car and we put high intensity heaters and fans in the car overnight. The car comes out 100% dry and free of any moisture and it will smell brand NEW!

Especially with used cars, you wouldn't imagine the amount of moisture underneath the carpets. There's a insulating foam that's often very molded and rotten. All it takes it the little round rain hole caps (usually rubber) to fail due to age from weather wear.

Once the carpets, foam insulations, doorcards and headliner are cleaned ANY old car smells NEW again. Quite amazing.

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

intouch1:

SmileySmiley

"The Wolf" - Some of the best movie making ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWmRTjLRMfU

btw: Even The Wolf knew you "soak up blood" from the interior of the car w/ towels & only use a garden hose on the killers.  Smiley

STRADALE:
    intouch1:

SmileySmiley

"The Wolf" - Some of the best movie making ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWmRTjLRMfU

btw: Even The Wolf knew you "soak up blood" from the interior of the car w/ towels & only use a garden hose on the killers.  Smiley

We're all on the same wavelength. That is exactly what I was thinking as well.

Bearbeiten

Forum

Board Betreff Letzter Beitrag Bewertung Views Antworten
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 15.05.24 08:44
    art.italy
    804582 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 07.04.24 11:48
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448924 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 12.03.24 08:28
    DJM48
    266625 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 30.01.24 09:18
    RCA
    90267 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 15.03.24 13:23
    CGX car nut
    6890 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 01.02.24 19:01
    Pilot

886378 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 23.07.23 19:01
    Grant
    835082 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 21.04.24 11:50