Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 991 spyshots thread (continued) (for UNRELEASED models only) Thread Closed

Nice choice! IMHO the Macan S will be a very nice car! 

--

- HS (Belgium)  -  '14 Porsche 991 GT3 (oct build) - '06 BMW 335I Coupe  

Targa!BVZAUEPCQAEY1iE.jpg

just checking - this is a render?

apparently not.

amazing - i currently drive the 991s and I really like this

thought it was only coming as 4wd versions?

where is the image from please?

It´s an old render!

angel

c4c:

It´s an old render!

Are you sure?. It was tweeted today.

http://www.caranddriverthef1.com/coches/novedades-pruebas/56582-porsche-911-targa-2013

It's definitely an old render. Someone has just re-coloured it and changed the wheels.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/porsche-911-991-targa-rendered-into-reality-51515.html

13805378546048.JPG

It's pretty close....Launch is rumored for January at the Detroit Auto Show.....

--

2006 997 C2S Cab, Triple Black,  2013 Cayenne Dark Blue Metallic New York

It may be a render, but I guess the final car will look more or less exactly like this.

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

My apologies. I had not seen this render before.

Spyderidol:

Targa!BVZAUEPCQAEY1iE.jpg

Hopefully there will be a matte black Targa hoop option , as the silver one was only in production for the earliest Targas  40 + yrs ago, with all the later ones black

I just read an article in a french magazine that talks about the next GT3 RS .

They say it will be presented in the 2nd semester of next year and sold at the very end of 2014 . 

Does any one have info on that ?

I can't wait that long !!!! mail   I 'need' a new car in late spring and I don't want to go for the GT3 before I have seen the specs of the RS and that I would think they are not worth it .

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Gnil:

I can't wait that long !!!! mail   I 'need' a new car in late spring and I don't want to go for the GT3 before I have seen the specs of the RS and that I would think they are not worth it .

+1000Smiley

--

997TT RS Tuning stage II(sold),2011 Cayenne Turbo

The fact that the GT3 has been delayed will surely affect GT3 RS availability too I'm afraid.

I still think that the 991 Turbo S is the better choice for a non track car but I can understand, especially Dario, that some previous 997 Turbo owners weren't too happy with their car. I suggest a testdrive in the new one before ordering the GT3 or GT3 RS.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Gnil:

I just read an article in a french magazine that talks about the next GT3 RS .

They say it will be presented in the 2nd semester of next year and sold at the very end of 2014 . 

Can imagine that. I also wanted to know the GT3 RS specs when I ordered it, just out of curiosity Smiley But I ordered it around july. So that was only a matter of wishful thinking. But it is really nice if only they'd given a hint. Then you would be sure you could make the right decision.

I am really looking forward to the specs of the GT3 RS. 

Do you really prefer the new widebody of the Turbo(S) over the bodyshell of the Carrera4/GT3? I am not sure yet. I always wanted the cars to get wider but now I've seen it. I am not sure. Time to see one in the flesh Smiley

--

- HS (Belgium)  -  '14 Porsche 991 GT3 (oct build) - '06 BMW 335I Coupe  

RC:

The fact that the GT3 has been delayed will surely affect GT3 RS availability too I'm afraid.

I still think that the 991 Turbo S is the better choice for a non track car but I can understand, especially Dario, that some previous 997 Turbo owners weren't too happy with their car. I suggest a testdrive in the new one before ordering the GT3 or GT3 RS.

Thanks Christian

I understand well what you whant to tell me...and i read more than i time your review of the TTS.

But before to take the final decision i like to see(also only on the paper) all the 3 candidates,GT3,GT3RS and TTS,before to regret something when the signature is down.

This week i must know if my Cayenne Turbo is gone,then i hope before Christmas to see the RS press release,in way to choose what to order and what will be the right thing for me(at least what i hope will be  the right thing..)

Smiley

--

997TT RS Tuning stage II(sold),2011 Cayenne Turbo

991 GT3:
    Do you really prefer the new widebody of the Turbo(S) over the bodyshell of the Carrera4/GT3? I am not sure yet. I always wanted the cars to get wider but now I've seen it. I am not sure. Time to see one in the flesh Smiley

The thing is: The 991 Turbo S feels almost as light and nimble as a GT3, which has surprised me a lot. Actually, the car is more of a surprise than I actually anticipated but I guess you only really know a car after you drive it for at least a couple of hundreds of km. Don't get me wrong: The GT3 is still the GT3 but at no time in the Porsche history, two Porsche models of substantial different weight, have felt that close. Plus add the AWD or the Turbo/S... Smiley

I suggest a testdrive before making final decisions, unless you already made yours.

Again: This is valid for cars not tracked at all or not tracked much. For mostly track fun, the GT3 is of course the better choice.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

RC:
    991 GT3:

The thing is: The 991 Turbo S feels almost as light and nimble as a GT3, which has surprised me a lot. Actually, the car is more of a surprise than I actually anticipated but I guess you only really know a car after you drive it for at least a couple of hundreds of km. Don't get me wrong: The GT3 is still the GT3 but at no time in the Porsche history, two Porsche models of substantial different weight, have felt that close. Plus add the AWD or the Turbo/S... Smiley

I suggest a testdrive before making final decisions, unless you already made yours.

Again: This is valid for cars not tracked at all or not tracked much. For mostly track fun, the GT3 is of course the better choice.

How much time have you spent driving the 991 GT3?

sidicks:
    RC:
    991 GT3:

How much time have you spent driving the 991 GT3?

Enough to have an opinion. Smiley I love the GT3 engine, especially over 6000 rpm, I love the PDK. I also like the rims more than on the 991 Turbo S. Everything else, for a daily driver or non-track car, not so much.

--

RC:

Enough to have an opinion. Smiley I love the GT3 engine, especially over 6000 rpm, I love the PDK. I also like the rims more than on the 991 Turbo S. Everything else, for a daily driver or non-track car, not so much.

Thanks! 

Smiley

991 GT3:

No, I don't . Even on the 997 I prefer the body of the Carrera then the Carrera 4 . 

Now if the wider body has a real purpose and adds something ( grip ) then I am for it . Look is less important on my choice.

But I want ( if the price is not overdone ) what is the best in performance .

I will try the Turbo if I can, but I am pretty convinced that I prefer something more raw as this car will not be a DD , but more a ' fun ' car  for a few track days a year +  a bit of driving around the country .  I am worried that with the TTS , driving on speed limited roads will be a non sense and on the track , not the right place for the car.

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Gnil:
    991 GT3:

No, I don't . Even on the 997 I prefer the body of the Carrera then the Carrera 4 . 

Now if the wider body has a real purpose and adds something ( grip ) then I am for it . Look is less important on my choice.

But I want ( if the price is not overdone ) what is the best in performance .

I will try the Turbo if I can, but I am pretty convinced that I prefer something more raw as this car will not be a DD , but more a ' fun ' car  for a few track days a year +  a bit of driving around the country .  I am worried that with the TTS , driving on speed limited roads will be a non sense and on the track , not the right place for the car.

Wouldn't you think the best bet for you would be a 4.0 RS? I reckon they're about the same price as the upcoming RS will be and it's a guaranteed classic...

Porker:
    Wouldn't you think the best bet for you would be a 4.0 RS? I reckon they're about the same price as the upcoming RS will be and it's a guaranteed classic...

It is on my list as a 3rd choice if I don't go for any of the 991 .

Price wise, there are some now that are cheaper then the upcoming RS  ... 

I don't know , somehow I want the new stuff ...... but maybe I should look more seriously into it Smiley

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

I don't know but every time I look at my 991 Turbo S in the garage, it actually seems to be quite a "small" car. yes

wide.jpg

--

The 981 seems massive to me so I dread to think what the turbo feels like.  The rear wheel steering will certainly aid agility and gets a big thumbs up from me but there's no getting over the physical width.

One of the slowest cars point to point I have ever owned was actually the fastest in a straight line, namely an F355.  On many of my favourite roads it was on or over the centre line so every time a car came the other way I had to slow down to a crawl so we could pass safely.  Overtaking was nigh on impossible despite the performance.  Then the suspension was so stiff and our roads so poor, powering out of a corner resulted in more axle hop than forward traction.  It was hopeless on  anything but a smooth A road or track and in SE England where I live, the A roads are generally over-crowded and very boring.

--

Gen II Cayman S

RC:

I don't know but every time I look at my 991 Turbo S in the garage, it actually seems to be quite a "small" car. yes

wide.jpg

Christian, why you didn't choose a round tail pipes?

--

Round tail pipes are available in silver only and I actually like the square ones, I can't help it. yes

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM