Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 991 spyshots thread (continued) (for UNRELEASED models only) Thread Closed

Spyderidol:

Remember that the GT3RS is the homologation car for the RSR. Notice that the RSR has side vents.

Which would make perfect sense then... Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S (Sept. 2013), Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Gnil:

But , there is something different with this car and the previous ' GT3 RS' we have seen. It does not have the front arches around the wheels ........ 

yes...but doesn't the wheel arches seems wider than the standard ones?i whant to tell that maybe insted to put the arches around the wheels maybe this time we have a totally different body parts in the front.Smiley

--

997TT RS Tuning stage II,2011 Cayenne Turbo

I bet on GT3 RS as well, since my source almost confirmed GT3 RS to be revealed in Frankfurt...

--

For some reason I´m not loving this car. The gt· front with the vents and the big wing. It´s all a bit too much for the traditional 911 shape. 

Super Darius:

yes...but doesn't the wheel arches seems wider than the standard ones?i whant to tell that maybe insted to put the arches around the wheels maybe this time we have a totally different body parts in the front.Smiley

Yes, that could be it . They do seem wider .

It would be great if we see the car at  Frankfurt . As you, I am considering this car as my next  sports car . ( have place a pre-order )

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Enmanuel:

For some reason I´m not loving this car. The gt· front with the vents and the big wing. It´s all a bit too much for the traditional 911 shape. 

I think that we will see a different wing on the final product. A much more flat wing , more in line with the RSR .

This car has to be seen on a track, not on the road. It then makes senses to have all the extra aerodynamic parts.

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Enmanuel:

Typical RS style...what's not to love? Smiley

On a more serious note: If it is true that the GT3 RS will be much more expensive than the GT3 and the RS predecessors, the mean and athletic look can be part of a justification to ask a higher price tag for it.

Using the Turbo body won't make the car a bargain I'm afraid and each time I hear a rumor about the GT3 RS price tag, the price tag seems to go up. Smiley (right now I am at 180k...for the base car without PCCB). Of course rumors need to be taken with a grain of salt but it would make sense (the higher price tag).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S (Sept. 2013), Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

RC:
     (right now I am at 180k...for the base car without PCCB). Of course rumors need to be taken with a grain of salt but it would make sense (the higher price tag).

That is becoming very high and given that in Switzerland the car will be 10 to 15 % more expensive then in Germany , it might then reach hight that make a  slightly used MP4 a much better deal .

I  must also take into account that within 3 year this car will  loose about 40% of it's value .  That is a lot of money that goes down the drain !!

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Like I said...rumors but pretty consistent ones. I would have rather expected a price tag of 165-170k EUR for the base car. A used MP4-12C could be interesting but like I said before, in my opinion two different cars for a different audience. Also do a testdrive first, you may not like the steering of the MP4-12C.

--

Definitely gt3 rs. It's too early for GT2..

Gnil:

I  must also take into account that within 3 year this car will  loose about 40% of it's value .  That is a lot of money that goes down the drain !!

Me too...i wait to see it,and if the price run around 165/170 k euros discount enclosed i will take it,if not bye bye...

Considering that in Italy this car will be depreciated of 50% in 3 years,i can't burn so much money,more i must add the extra tax on HP that we have in italy( 5k euros at year for my Cayenne TT) and if the play start to become too big for me,i must leave.Smiley

--

Super Darius:
    Gnil:

Me too...i wait to see it,and if the price run around 165/170 k euros discount enclosed i will take it,if not bye bye...

Considering that in Italy this car will be depreciated of 50% in 3 years,i can't burn so much money,more i must add the extra tax on HP that we have in italy( 5k euros at year for my Cayenne TT) and if the play start to become too big for me,i must leave.Smiley

A new and better RS comes approximately every 3 years - this means your "new" RS is out of date very quickly, and the trade in price with the dealer is usually lower than you would like to hear due to the increased price!

Also, as the price of the GT3 and RS increases, purchasing one now requires some logical thought... Smiley

Never buy a car with resale value in mind. This can go wrong on so many levels.

For street usage, the GT3 makes more sense than the GT3 RS for various reasons. I also think that due to the fact that there is a broader used car customer base now with the PDK availability, the GT3 should sell easier than the GT3 RS because the RS has that huge wing and other pretty aggressive looking features, which not all people may like. Also the GT3 should be the better daily driver for various reasons.

@Dario: You should think very very well about your decision to get a GT3 or GT3 RS. I almost ordered the GT3 back then when the car came out and even now, I really love it but for me, the 991 Turbo S is the better choice. You are going to miss that "destroy all" boost feeling, even if the new GT3 is a pretty good performer too. Just saying...

--

RC:

Never buy a car with resale value in mind. This can go wrong on so many levels.

@Dario: You should think very very well about your decision to get a GT3 or GT3 RS. I almost ordered the GT3 back then when the car came out and even now, I really love it but for me, the 991 Turbo S is the better choice. You are going to miss that "destroy all" boost feeling, even if the new GT3 is a pretty good performer too. Just saying...

yes,take a car now and think to the resale value is not a good thing,but...money comes first(now)

Then,abut the Turbo vs normally aspirated,yes i know...i would like a Turbo S,but as you know i make around 5 k kms par year,and maybe a Gt3 RS is somehting more special to take up for a ride,also if  has a different power than a Turbo S.And finally a 200k car for me is too much,or at least maybe is not only the 200k factor,but AGAIN the resale value in the next 3/4 years,loose 30/40 k euros at year for a car for me NOW is too much.

time will tell...i'm not so excited like in the past for cars,maybe i'm getting old.SmileySmiley

--

Super Darius:

time will tell...i'm not so excited like in the past for cars,maybe i'm getting old.SmileySmiley

No, you are just bored and while you would want a new challenge, you have a kid and need to think about the future too. I know the feeling pretty well, don't worry. Smiley

I understand you very well: Like I said before, I almost ordered a GT3. Yes, it is a very special car indeed and it will be fun to drive, no doubt about it. However, I do not know how you spend your weekends but I need the back seats (kids or wife/daughter). I also need a car I can drive without caring about weather conditions.

On the other hand, you still have your Cayenne Turbo, so you could give the GT3 a try. 

Difficult decision, I know.

--

Looks like the TTS Cabrio is ready...

http://www.worldcarfans.com/113071660230/2014-porsche-911-turbo-cabrio-spied-without-camo

Yes,my dealer tell me delivery of TTS Cabrio will start in march 2014.

Before and really early we must see the press pics of the Targa too(not Turbo).

Christian,no...if i take again a 911,i will sell the Cayenne Turbo.Mine has 2 years in this days and 8000 kms only,if i take a 911 and take also the Cayenne,is like to tell that in the next 3 years i will make again 4000 kms on the Cayenne and 8000 kms on the 911 if all goes well.Two garage queens,nein...enlightenedindecision

unfortunately i love cars,but i work under my home,and i can drive them only in the week ends,and with a 4 years old kid...you understand...

now he starts to like cars(a lot),my wife not againSmiley(for this reason i don't care of the rear seats),so in the future we(me and my son) can enjoy them and i will be more motivated to buy them again,but from when he born till now,were difficult times for me.hahhahahamailheart

--

Now that you told me that you are going to sell the Cayenne if you take another 911, the GT3 just started to make much less sense. I would go for a 991 Turbo instead then. I don't know how you spend your weekend (with or without the family) your kid is getting older and maybe you are going to do more family trips on weekends. Of course you can do them in a more ordinary car (which I bet you have on the side too) or you can do them in a Porsche 911. 

Ever thought of a 911 Turbo Cab? 

Also, selling the Cayenne Turbo with only 8000 km will give you a huge financial hit. Are you sure you want to do that? Maybe you should drive the Cayenne another three years until the 991 Turbo facelift comes out and then do it? yes

--

mmh..no,i don't like cab..so no Turbo cab.

Other cars,yes,i have my wife's Countryman...hahahah I bought her the Mini a month ago,due to my plan to sell the Cayenne and take again a 911,before she drives a VW UP! She hate "big" cars...an the Countryman is at the upper limit..hahahahmail

About the week ends,usually saturday morning i go shopping with wife and kid,and saturday afternoon i take up my car for a ride,sunday i stay at home,we have a a big garden without other house near,so we enjoy our two Bernese dogs,i make/play some RC models,etc.

My wife on a 911 can resist i think 30 minuts,then it start to tell me,go slow,brake,is too hard,etc.Smiley

So, 2 seats(me and my kid) is right at least for now.Smiley

For these reason i don't need "too much cars",just one for me to play,and one for my wife to take the kid to school etc,and occasionally for me to work,and the "smaller is" the "better is" for my customer  that are all in 30kms from my home/factory,and usually i prefer to go with the lorry(Transit Custom).

For the 991TTS my dealer give me back around 90k of the Cayenne,i payd 125k, 2 years ago...i think worse.

Now he wait me for the GT3 RS,and then he make another offer...good luck to me.smiley

But as said before,i've not all this excitement for a new car,so if really the RS let my mind drive crazy i will sign,if not i can live well also with my Cayenne TT.

A 991 TTS restyling,will be too late,and then we just think to the 992,no,i prefer take the first series of the 991 and take it till the all new 911,jumping the restyling as i do with the 997 and i think to do with the Cayenne.

--

Super Darius:

mmh..no,i don't like cab..so no Turbo cab.

Other cars,yes,i have my wife's Countryman...hahahah I bought her the Mini a month ago,due to my plan to sell the Cayenne and take again a 911,before she drives a VW UP! She hate "big" cars...an the Countryman is at the upper limit..hahahahmail

About the week ends,usually saturday morning i go shopping with wife and kid,and saturday afternoon i take up my car for a ride,sunday i stay at home,we have a a big garden without other house near,so we enjoy our two Bernese dogs,i make/play some RC models,etc.

My wife on a 911 can resist i think 30 minuts,then it start to tell me,go slow,brake,is too hard,etc.Smiley

So, 2 seats(me and my kid) is right at least for now.Smiley

For these reason i don't need "too much cars",just one for me to play,and one for my wife to take the kid to school etc,and occasionally for me to work,and the "smaller is" the "better is" for my customer  that are all in 30kms from my home/factory,and usually i prefer to go with the lorry(Transit Custom).

For the 991TTS my dealer give me back around 90k of the Cayenne,i payd 125k, 2 years ago...i think worse.

Now he wait me for the GT3 RS,and then he make another offer...good luck to me.smiley

But as said before,i've not all this excitement for a new car,so if really the RS let my mind drive crazy i will sign,if not i can live well also with my Cayenne TT.

A 991 TTS restyling,will be too late,and then we just think to the 992,no,i prefer take the first series of the 991 and take it till the all new 911,jumping the restyling as i do with the 997 and i think to do with the Cayenne.

--

Dario, if you dont need more than 2 seats and your wife is not into cars, I have your solution right here: get rid of all your cars, get your wife a beater for school and shopping and bite the bullet and  get yourself one of these, you live once lol....

photoMA29841680-0008.JPGphotoMA29841944-0001.JPG

--

2011 CTT

2005 F430

2010 Audi S5

You seem to forget that Dario is from Italy...

With the current economic crisis and all, getting a McLaren would be suicide from many points of view.

Also, a McLaren costs more, unless he would get a used one. Not sure how many used McLaren are available at the Milano dealership. 

Last but not least, I think Dario is a hardcore Porsche addict, like me. indecision

--

AAHTT:

Dario, if you dont need more than 2 seats and your wife is not into cars, I have your solution right here: get rid of all your cars, get your wife a beater for school and shopping and bite the bullet and  get yourself one of these, you live once lol....

thanks...but...too much here now(and difficult for me to change team)Smiley

one thing is tell:"he has another Porsche",it can be a Boxster a Cayenne or a GT2 but who cares now they know it,and another thing is: "now he has a McLaren..." Smiley the money is near the same,but the McLaren name,like Ferrari is like to add 200K euros more to the 200K that is the sale price.Smiley

not that i'm worried,i have nothing to take secret,but only is not the moment in Italy now,maybe someone think strange things and i don't whant that something can happen to my family...Smiley

Smiley

--

"Now is not the time...".

Exactly. Well said, Dario. kiss

--

Super Darius:
    AAHTT:

thanks...but...too much here now(and difficult for me to change team)Smiley

one thing is tell:"he has another Porsche",it can be a Boxster a Cayenne or a GT2 but who cares now they know it,and another thing is: "now he has a McLaren..." Smiley the money is near the same,but the McLaren name,like Ferrari is like to add 200K euros more to the 200K that is the sale price.Smiley

not that i'm worried,i have nothing to take secret,but only is not the moment in Italy now,maybe someone think strange things and i don't whant that something can happen to my family...Smiley

Smiley

--

i know, i was kidding.... very different cars indeed. good luck with your quest for the best car that suits your situation.

--

2011 CTT

2013 12C spider

2013 Audi A5 Cab

The summary from the first drive review of the 991 GT3 in Car magazine...

Porsche 911 GT3 (2013) CAR review

"While the winged wonder from Weissach may have lost some of its rough edges, it has at the same time acquired important new qualities. Like a supreme sense of balance, a higher level of tactility, more potent and more progressive action, a creamier behaviour at the limit of adhesion as well as amazingly articulated feedback."

"The message to hardliners is don’t worry, all the trademark GT3 entertainment values are still there, standing proud and tall. Some buyers will never be convinced, however, and for them there's still hope: the upcoming 911 GT3 RS is rumoured to be as blunt a weapon as the diehards could ever wish for, and the engineers haven't yet ruled out an optional manual gearshift..."

-- Article by Georg Kacher for Car magazine

Smiley SmileySmiley

AAHTT:

i know, i was kidding.... very different cars indeed. good luck with your quest for the best car that suits your situation.

hahah,thanks!

BTW congrats on your new toy!SmileySmiley

--

997TT RS Tuning stage II(sold),2011 Cayenne Turbo

Are there any valid news about the Targa availability? I hoped it would show up at the IAA, but I don't think so anymore. Porsche will not show everything they have on one motor show, and at the IAA they will show the Turbo, maybe the Turbo Cabrio. 

I really like the new Targa with it's classic look. Can't wait to see one without camouflage.

Thomas

Nothing new I'm afraid. I still think the Targa will be announced this year but I don't have a clue when it is going to be available.

--

991 Targa spy shots:

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Secret-new-cars/Search-Results/Spyshots/Porsche-911-Targa-4S-2014-spied-barely-disguised/

--

Nice shots, but the one question remains: what happens with the roof? I find it hard to believe that the roof retracts under the rear glass. How should that fit??? On the other hand I cannot imagine that Porsche nowadays wants you to put the roof manually in the trunk.

Wait and see.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689721 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409332 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255795 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235020 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65547 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4649 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858088 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774160 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM