Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Ladies and gentlemen, the new 991...

pjd:
    Wild-Speed:

Here's a rendering for the Turbo

--

=     =     =       W       I        L        D             S        P       E       E      D     =     =     =

Smiley Now i`m getting more and more excited for the Turbo!!

Great job Wild-Speed Smiley

Can you do one for the front?

Thanks

I think the widebody C4 models will have rear red lense that spans the width and height of these now thinner std lights and the Turbo variants will get their own larger rear lights a la 996 Turbo as well as 4 beam 918 style LED headlights , which will of course be $$$ option on lesser models. I would be quite surprised if the std Turbo has such an aggressive looking lower rear valence - that's just not Porsche's way of doing business in their model heirarchy. More likely the GT2

Fantastic work as always. One request though, could you draw the horizontal reflector a la 993 please. I'd love to see what the C4 would look.
    --
    Happy Driving

The horizontal reflector will not be there. The tail lights are recessed and won't allow for it without looking cheap, and un finished (think 997.1 C4 vs, 997.2 C4). 

And yes, great work Wild!

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know if the steering wheel with paddles is available as I couldn't find it on the configurator?  I'm in love with Agate Grey I think it's just stunning with those black rims!

Sport Design steering wheel. Option 840.

Looks same as before.

--

"Form follows function"

cornercompacts:

does anyone have an eta of when they'll be arriving at dealers?

Dealer preview events start in early December.

Frank46:

My choice: Agate Grey and Espresso leather;

Schermafbeelding 2011-09-04 om 18.54.22.pngSchermafbeelding 2011-09-04 om 18.54.26.pngSchermafbeelding 2011-09-04 om 18.54.07.png

Hey that is my car you have specced! Lol. Except I also included PCCB in my configuration. But now I'm uncertain about ordering a C2S. You see, in my country, we won't get the 991 till March. Then by August, we will see pics of the GT3/Turbo and I will want those too! So maybe I should wait.

According to RC we won't see the Turbo until 2013

Carrara:

The horizontal reflector will not be there. The tail lights are recessed and won't allow for it without looking cheap, and un finished (think 997.1 C4 vs, 997.2 C4). 

And yes, great work Wild!

Thanks, it seems that the taillights will be even more recessed on the turbo.
    --

=     =     =       W       I        L        D             S        P       E       E      D     =     =     =

As in you can't get one till 2013? I mean, similarly, you can't get a C2S till Dec/Jan next year, but we saw and started discussing the car in August. As I said, I'm in two minds. Maybe wait till I can spec one out here and see how much it is and what kind of discount my dealer will give for it. I have had a chance to go through the English brochure in detail. Here are three of my beef with the 991: 1. Why is the interior only 25mm increase in the front leg room? Does this mean that the engine has been moved forward 75mm? That is a lot! Please please please don't let this change the way a 911 drives. Yes I know, don't judge till we have had a chance to drive it, but just saying! 2. Why have they specifically said that the leg room is improved for front only? Does this mean that the rear leg room has not change? I mean this is marketing writing, and if there is anything to boast about, especially an increase in leg room for the rear seat to make this a more practical car, don't you think that is the first thing they would have said? 3. I'm disappointed that the PCCB is the same as before. 350mm all round enough for a car this fast and track worthy? My Spyder has the same brakes and it's quite a bit lighter. Would have been nice with the 380mm PCCB on my GT3! (ok that is day dreaming stuff as they would never do that).

Sorry for the above post, I don't know why post from my iPad never allow proper paragraphing!

ISUK:
    cornercompacts:

Dealer principals from around the world will get their first introduction to the 991 in Cape Town in November - Porsche has booked the local race track (Killarney) for a few weeks in November for this purpose.  My understanding is that dealer sales staff will then attend preview events in the Middle East (Dubai? Abu Dhabi?) in December, although I'm not sure of this information.

Wonderbar:

Will try.  For now I have an interview only with an Exclusive representative, who will be more knowledgeable about options, new kits, color choices, etc.   I will do my best to get other management types to respond...

Thanks! Smiley

--

"I don't mean to brag, but I am really good at self-deprecation."

PureBlue:
    ISUK:
    cornercompacts:

Dealer principals from around the world will get their first introduction to the 991 in Cape Town in November - Porsche has booked the local race track (Killarney) for a few weeks in November for this purpose.  My understanding is that dealer sales staff will then attend preview events in the Middle East (Dubai? Abu Dhabi?) in December, although I'm not sure of this information.

^^Thanks

I like agate as well.  Would Carrera red interior work with it?  Anyone got pics of carrera red in real life?  I have seen it on Panamera site (middle east Panny edition), but not on a car.  Thanks...

Carrera Red is very nice, and goes with Meteor very well, so I bet it would go good with Agate. You'd probably have to order it as a Leather to Sample as it doesn't seem its offered yet.

Carrera Red  is nice with black.

I remember a time when it wasn't a sportscar if it didn't have red seats!Smiley

That would look really good if it was two-tone, with black or dark grey above the line. 

--

Thanks Carrara.  Carrera Red is on the configurator as a special, full leather option at $1700 or so. 

I have a 1974 silver Mercedes 450SEL, with a red interior similar to Carrera Red.  Love it...

Carrageous:

I remember a time when it wasn't a sportscar if it didn't have red seats!Smiley

That would look really good if it was two-tone, with black or dark grey above the line. 

+1 full red is too much for my taste.

--

2012 Cayenne S White/Espresso 

Ex: 993 Targa, 986S, 986 and 964 C2

Just read in Octobers Automobile that the new 911 will have "automatic start/stop technology to help reduce fuel consumption". Will also have Electromechanical  power steering to "consume less energy allegedly without compromising accuracy and feedback" ...

Sounds really exciting!

Oh & the Cab will be a hard folding top w/ canvas over it.

29898110012_large.jpg

--

08 PORSCHE Turbo Cabriolet - 06 Ferrari F430 - 04 Durango HEMI - 04 Harley Davidson Screamin Eagle - 93 Harley Davidson Nostalgia

STRADALE:

Just read in Octobers Automobile that the new 911 will have "automatic start/stop technology to help reduce fuel consumption". Will also have Electromechanical  power steering to "consume less energy allegedly without compromising accuracy and feedback" ...

Sounds really exciting!

Gregg,

you spend too much time on the political threads. All of that has been discussed above... Smiley

STRADALE:

Sounds really exciting!

29898110012_large.jpg

Oooh, lovely! And could we get some of those little wire-wheel hubcaps with the whitewalls please?

3nf3m13le5Q55W25P3b8bfce98e6009081ed1.jpg

Love a car with a fake top and fake wheels.

Maybe someone could photoshop one up for us? With whitewalls?

Smiley

--

But does it have a "stop/start" emblem on the side?   You won't have an option of leaving this off will you? It will be on all 991s? How much gas do you figure that saves? So in stop and go traffic the can turns off every time you stop?? There's got to be a button that disables it... 

Just want I want in my 500+HP $175K Porsche Turbo, it turns off when I stop...How'd they know? Smiley

--

08 PORSCHE Turbo Cabriolet - 06 Ferrari F430 - 04 Durango HEMI - 04 Harley Davidson Screamin Eagle - 93 Harley Davidson Nostalgia

Ferdie:
    STRADALE:

Sounds really exciting!

Gregg,

you spend too much time on the political threads. All of that has been discussed above... Smiley

On which of the 40+ pages? Smiley

Do me a favor? Go find it for me and let me know, k? Smiley Smiley

--

STRADALE:

On which of the 40+ pages? 

Do me a favor? Go find it for me and let me know, k? Smiley

Actually just one page earlier... and below the video one will find the explanation for the start/stop function... Smiley

The auto start/stop function may remain inactive under particular circumstances, extreme outside temperatures, when the SPORT button is selected or if battery charge is low. It is also possible to deactivate the function manually using a separate button on the center console.

pjd:

Interesting that they filmed that video at a railroad crossing. Like they already know people are going to be thinking about that. I would hope this isn't on all cars or there's a way of disabling it (without hitting a button every time you start the car) because otherwise the 991 is not for me.

Thanks tree huggers, you're successfully killing one of my passions, like a death by a thousand cuts.. Just what's needed on a 500hp car... Maybe 2012/2013 Lambo's won't have you thinking about your car shutting off on a rail road crossing.. Shame.. 

--

Ferdie:
    STRADALE:

On which of the 40+ pages? 

Do me a favor? Go find it for me and let me know, k? Smiley

Actually just one page earlier... and below the video one will find the explanation for the start/stop function... Smiley

The auto start/stop function may remain inactive under particular circumstances, extreme outside temperatures, when the SPORT button is selected or if battery charge is low. It is also possible to deactivate the function manually using a separate button on the center console.

Thanks Ferdie. You're always helpful.

So does that last part sound like a one time function or will you have to hit it every time? Will it be on ALL cars? Does it start/stop in stop & go traffic/ how long/what's the countdown before  your car turns off on a rail road track?? 

Last thing I'd want on one of my sports cars, I'd rather they threw in leather sun-visors than what they must have spend on RD/price to the cars MSRP on this crap.

Isn't start-up the worst time for an engine? Will this affect engine life?

--

STRADALE: The stop start is automatically disabled if it is very hot or cold outside, or if Sport mode is on. It can also be disabled via a button on the center console. Oh, and the startup is instant! Calm down, you can always turn the system off. And why worry at all? The new car is much more efficient, and A LOT faster!

Its apart of all the other very small fuel saving measures that gives the Carrera PDK 36mpg highway! 9 more than the 997.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688773 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408802 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255574 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234824 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65420 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4636 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857664 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773545 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM