Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Ladies and gentlemen, the new 991...

993S:

I never  used the sport button on my now sold 997  turbo but I kept looking at the wart and wishing it wasn't there. I really do not care for a so called sharper throttle as it brings nada. In fact to me it makes the car less enjoyable. The less gimmicks the better. I want to get me a lean and clean 991 in red with black wheels. Less is more.red 991.jpg

PSE:  if there was an option for "quiet exhaust" I would tick it. 

I am not a fan of red Porsches. But I think this looks sensational particularly with the black wheels.

Is this a new red?? 

Nope its Guards Red.

Carrara:

Nope its Guards Red.

Is it though? Smiley

--

fritz

fritz:
    Carrara:

Nope its Guards Red.

Is it though? Smiley

Yup, there's one non metallic red colour in the brochure, and its called indischrot, which translates to Guards Red! Smiley

Guards red looks much deeper for some reason when the car has black wheels. At the recent Melbourne Motor show, Porsche had a GR Cayman R with black wheels and I thought the same thing!

Is it just me or is there a thin DRL ring around the contour of the front lights? If so that would look amazing at night.

Ferdie:
    WAY:
    I think -20mm may make the car too stiff for the family, but maybe the PDCC. Wish I could read German so I could see what other option there is.

Thanks for the picture of your Spyder, looks great. From the pricelist, is there anything you´d like to have translated? Guess me and some other native speakers wouldn´t mind to assist.

Smiley

Thanks for the offer Ferdie!  I looked at it and it makes no sense to me at all, so it may be easier if we just wait for the English version which can't be that far away.  I can't order for awhile yet anyway.

Enmanuel:
    Is it just me or is there a thin DRL ring around the contour of the front lights? If so that would look amazing at night.

It looks like its just the little chrome piece seperating the top and the bottom. But I bet it will have the 4 leds like on the 918 Spyder! And like on the Panamera.

At last after all this waiting the new 911 is here.

Lets wait to see the convertibles.

Any ideas when they are about to hit the roads!?

KresoF1:

I will post this again since my last technical comments about 991 did not receive any comment...

If you want new 991 as a object-not as a sportscar then buy a low option car.

BUT, if you want true sportscar then following items are a MUST order:

SPASM code 030 for Carrera since it is not only featuring lower and stiffer suspension BUT also modified front spoiler lip and rear spoiler then can extended further then on cars without SPASM. SPASM models offer better aerodynamics-a fact.

PDCC/SPASM code 031 for Carrera S. Same as SPASM with active stabilisators.

PTV Plus code 221 for Carrera.

SC Package code 640 for both models since it features dynamic engine mount and Sport+ programm for PDK.

PSE code 176 for both models.

PDK code 250 plus steeringwheel with paddles code 840 for both models

and you can think about

Servosteering Plus code 658 for both models and PCCBs code 450 for both models. Also new sportseats plus are better offer then new adaptive sportseats plus.

Kreso,

Thank you for the technical info. I agree with you about all these option except SPASM and PDCC. I had -20mm sports chassie on my ex-997.1 Carrera S and therefore the car was too stiff and it was the main reason of my hate of my Car. I'm very curious how stiff is the SPASM on 991 Smiley

And for PDCC: I think it is not a bad thing to have little "lean" on less than perfect roads. On a race track, the flat cornering ability is a good thing. BUT on normal roads and mostly poor roads little "roll/lean" towards the corner is not a bad thing to signal the limit. As you also know, on less than perfect roads stiffer and flatter car is most of the time slower.

I very much like the new 911. I couldn't figure out yet what makes the 911 shape more attractive Smiley Maybe the increased length smoothens the roof and back line of the car?. Panamera-like side lines make the new 911 more muscular. And I like the new interior design as well. Expresso (depends on the shade of brown) or bi-color (black/grey) interior would be my choice. Now on the 991; the standart and sport seats don't have that ugly "hight adjustment leverage" so sport plus seats are more than enough for me (I had A.S.S. on my ex-997). Still, some GT2 buckets on the car would be awesome when they are available. I'm not a big fan of big wheels and I think 19" wheels are enough but Carrera S comes with 20" wheels as standart so there is nothing to do.

My choice of 911 Carrera S would be with standart 20" wheels + PDK + SC + sport plus seats + sports steering wheel w/paddles + PSE + rear PDC. That's it (thank god, this time PVT and E-diff/LSD is standart). I guess this all adds up to (with natur or bi-color leather) 100.000 Euro without Mwst. in Germany; half the price of a 458 coupe.

--

ONUR

11 M3 Coupe AW

09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

pride355:
    KresoF1:

I will post this again since my last technical comments about 991 did not receive any comment...

SPASM code 030 for Carrera since it is not only featuring lower and stiffer suspension BUT also modified front spoiler lip and rear spoiler then can extended further then on cars without SPASM. SPASM models offer better aerodynamics-a fact.

SC Package code 640 for both models since it features dynamic engine mount and Sport+ programm for PDK.

and you can think about

Servosteering Plus code 658 for both models and PCCBs code 450 for both models. Also new sportseats plus are better offer then new adaptive sportseats plus.

Kreso,

Thank you for the technical info. I agree with you about all these option except SPASM and PDCC. I had -20mm sports chassie on my ex-997.1 Carrera S and therefore the car was too stiff and it was the main reason of my hate of my Car. I'm very curious how stiff is the SPASM on 991 Smiley

And for PDCC: I think it is not a bad thing to have little "lean" on less than perfect roads. On a race track, the flat cornering ability is a good thing. BUT on normal roads and mostly poor roads little "roll/lean" towards the corner is not a bad thing to signal the limit. As you also know, on less than perfect roads stiffer and flatter car is most of the time slower.

I agree on the -20mm. I found it on the previous models too stiff for daily use on and on a variety of roads. Assuming that for most the Carrera will be a car for daily  transport too, the -20mm will be good for areas with perfect roads. Personally I haven't found consistently excellent public roads outside Germany and I've been to many countries. If the car is used mainly for "maximum attack" and tracked many days in the year then perhaps -20mm could be a must

I'm not sure, because the brochure Kreso posted was in German and I couldn't understand all of it, but isn't the PDCC switchable? If yes it's a good option. If no, then it all depends on the use of the car and the road system condition.  The PDCC is essential on a Cayenne and a nice option on a Panamera. On a 911S  I think it depends.

--

"Form follows function"

Still no pictures of the car taken from behind while the wing is up... Hmmm...
    --

There is no try. Just do.

They never include this aspect in the publicity pictures.

--

"Form follows function"

You could see it clearly in some of the spy photos.

Side view of Agate grey.

Agate Grey side.JPG

Here's some wallpapers:

http://www.porsche-stuttgart.de/portal/hintergrundbilder_de_stg,37203,379898.html

--

2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged

2007 997 GT3

2006 Mercedes G500

1993 964 Turbo (Sold)

reginos:
    pride355:
    KresoF1:

and you can think about

Kreso,

I agree on the -20mm. I found it on the previous models too stiff for daily use on and on a variety of roads. Assuming that for most the Carrera will be a car for daily  transport too, the -20mm will be good for areas with perfect roads. Personally I haven't found consistently excellent public roads outside Germany and I've been to many countries. If the car is used mainly for "maximum attack" and tracked many days in the year then perhaps -20mm could be a must

I'm not sure, because the brochure Kreso posted was in German and I couldn't understand all of it, but isn't the PDCC switchable? If yes it's a good option. If no, then it all depends on the use of the car and the road system condition.  The PDCC is essential on a Cayenne and a nice option on a Panamera. On a 911S  I think it depends.

--

"Form follows function"

I guess the -20mm depends on your daily roads. I have it on my 997.1 C4S and have really enjoyed it. Looks better with the lower height and for me the right amount of rigidity. The 997.1 PASM i found a bit soft in standard setting for aggressive driving but the sports setting I found to stiff in all but ultra-smooth roads. I don;t know if SPASM is any different. 

Pentium:

Here you go - looks a bit odd with the sharp contrast of racing yellow / dark shade Smiley
    991_wing_up.jpg

--

public roads: Porsche 987 S Seal/Cocoa, toll road Smiley : Porsche 997 GT3 Arctic/Black

WAY:

I looked at it and it makes no sense to me at all, so it may be easier if we just wait for the English version which can't be that far away.  I can't order for awhile yet anyway.

The options are pretty similiar to the 997´s, some of the codes have changed.

Electric sunroof 950 (997) > 951 (991)

Parkassist rear 935 (997/991)

Parkassist front and rear 936 (991)

Autodimming mirrors, rainsensor P12 (997) > P13 (991)

Sport Design (front apron) XAS (available from 04 / 12)

Aerokit Cup (front apron and fixed rear wing) XAA (available from 04 / 12)

Sport Design package (front apron and rear wing) XAT (available from 04 / 12) (991)

Light Design package (LED interior ambience lighting) 630 (991)

PCM (incl. Aux-in/iPod connector) P23 (991)

Burmester soundsytem 682 (991)

6-disc CD / DVD-changer 692 / 693 (991)

Most other codes should remain the same. Worth mentioning that the sport button comes as standard, sport chrono (639/640) features dynamic engine mounts, sport-plus button and, in case of PDK, launch control function. Mechanical LSD (manual) or electronic LSD (PDK) comes as standard on Carrera S, option 220 / 221 on Carrera.

Hope that helps in the meantime... Smiley

ISUK:

Side view of Agate grey.

Agate Grey side.JPG

With every new picture (angles) we see the car is looking even better... Smiley

FLORENT KAVADAS:

At last after all this waiting the new 911 is here.

Lets wait to see the convertibles.

Any ideas when they are about to hit the roads!?

Hi Florent, good to see you back here Smiley

RC recently posted some information about when it is believed that the future 991 models will be released so feel free to look back through this thread Smiley

--

997.1 C2S
     GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

Porsche-Jeck:
    Pentium:

Here you go - looks a bit odd with the sharp contrast of racing yellow / dark shade Smiley
    991_wing_up.jpg

To me looks better then on previous models.... In darker colours will make a better contrast

Which do you recon will work better between the two LSD ? I know the mechanical one works well on the 997,  and  some of the electronic ones on smaller cars are not always the best, as they are put on frond drive cars to help to transmit power to the road, but often not sufficient.

But what about the 991 ? 

Which will be best ?

Mechanical LSD (manual) or electronic LSD (PDK)    ?

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

To answer your question-according to my P source 991S with PDK is faster on the Ring then 991S with manual. Both equiped with all drive dynamics option. Difference is more then 3s... A lot if you ask me...

Electronic LSD is fully variable in lock while mechanical is 22%/27% in lock.

Just one thing-Ferrari is a long time e-diff user.

KresoF1:

Is it a proper electronically controlled limited-slip differential or a brake-applied system as on cheaper cars?

sevoman:
    reginos:
    pride355:
    KresoF1:

and you can think about

Kreso,

--

"Form follows function"

I guess the -20mm depends on your daily roads. I have it on my 997.1 C4S and have really enjoyed it. Looks better with the lower height and for me the right amount of rigidity. The 997.1 PASM i found a bit soft in standard setting for aggressive driving but the sports setting I found to stiff in all but ultra-smooth roads. I don;t know if SPASM is any different. 

Normal series PASM was improved on 997.2 compared to 997.1 especially on the Sport setting. I'm sure that on 991 it will be better.

--

"Form follows function"

Ferdie:
    KresoF1:

Is it a proper electronically controlled limited-slip differential or a brake-applied system as on cheaper cars?

There is a description on page 54 of the catalogue but I think it's vague. My German is not so good, though. What do you make of it?

--

"Form follows function"

Ferdie:
    KresoF1:

Hah, I was going to ask the same question.  I understand that the Jaguar XKR-S has electronically controlled mechanical diff (if that made sense!) so it is able to vary the lock from 0 to 100 percent.  That would be pretty impressive if we have that in the 991!  On the other hand, I have the brake-applied system on our new city car the Polo GTI, and it doesn't act like a real LSD at all.

WAY:
    Ferdie:
    KresoF1:

Hah, I was going to ask the same question.  I understand that the Jaguar XKR-S has electronically controlled mechanical diff (if that made sense!) so it is able to vary the lock from 0 to 100 percent.  That would be pretty impressive if we have that in the 991!  On the other hand, I have the brake-applied system on our new city car the Polo GTI, and it doesn't act like a real LSD at all.

My presumption is that it is the Jaguar type and not the Polo type. They cannot offer a proper LSD (even with fixed lock %) on the manual and a "fake" one on the PDK car.

--

"Form follows function"

Ferdie:
    WAY:

I looked at it and it makes no sense to me at all, so it may be easier if we just wait for the English version which can't be that far away.  I can't order for awhile yet anyway.

The options are pretty similiar to the 997´s, some of the codes have changed.

Electric sunroof 950 (997) > 951 (991)

Parkassist rear 935 (997/991)

Parkassist front and rear 936 (991)

Autodimming mirrors, rainsensor P12 (997) > P13 (991)

Sport Design (front apron) XAS (available from 04 / 12)

Aerokit Cup (front apron and fixed rear wing) XAA (available from 04 / 12)

Sport Design package (front apron and rear wing) XAT (available from 04 / 12) (991)

Light Design package (LED interior ambience lighting) 630 (991)

PCM (incl. Aux-in/iPod connector) P23 (991)

Burmester soundsytem 682 (991)

6-disc CD / DVD-changer 692 / 693 (991)

Most other codes should remain the same. Worth mentioning that the sport button comes as standard, sport chrono (639/640) features dynamic engine mounts, sport-plus button and, in case of PDK, launch control function. Mechanical LSD (manual) or electronic LSD (PDK) comes as standard on Carrera S, option 220 / 221 on Carrera.

Hope that helps in the meantime... Smiley

Thank you Ferdie!  I will have to go familiarise myself with the 997.2 options.  The last non GT series 911 I bought was a 997.1 back in 2006 I think, so I am not familiar with all the options now. 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    752870 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430534 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258504 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255422 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79499 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5248 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868119 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    801700 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM