Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Ladies and gentlemen, the new 991...

Here is the E-brake

e-brake.jpg

The new key comes in the shape of a 911

key.jpg

They stopped the wart at 9:11 Smiley 10

wart.jpg

Digital display at the right of the tach as was to be expected

instruments.jpg

Sportchrono buttons, roof, start/stop, sport exhaust, etc

consolebuttons.jpg

--

Love it! This may be my first 911. Love the rear. Best yet. Gorgeous interior. Nice headlight shape. Those lower front lights are indeed strangely positioned. Not how I would have done it. Lots of words on the back, but I am sure you can delete what you want. The over all shape is one of the best yet. This will do well. Can't wait for specs. And, um, who can get us the order guide?! :) Colors? Any light blue metallics? Hope they improved the PSE.

Well, maybe the headlights are bulging, but not in the sense where they come off the bodywork, the bulge in unity with the front wings, and flow very well! They look fantastic.\

BTW, great observations Carlos!! 

I was quite excited when I saw the pictures were available, but feel a bit disappointed now... It will be a great car without doubt. It will be more comfortable than my 997.1 for the long drives and quicker through the twisties.... Like someone said (not as ugly as 996 but not same excitement as for 997, which was right on), it has lost some of its 911 character.

Interior:

Dislikes: changed door panels (where are the classic storage spaces)

Exterior:

I just made a comparison for myself with the 997 GTS on the Porsche website and the latter one seems more natural, better proportioned and well rounded. I especially do not like the back of the new one...

Maybe it is just me not liking things to change  Congrats to Christian and others who recently bought a 997.2 

Maybe I will change my mind after having seen it in person @ Frankfurt

To most of the world, when driving by, this will look like a 997.3 , not the first new 911underneath  since the 996.1 in 1998, which was a signif visual change from the 993 .

Interior is like a Panamera's ,-we know-  looks just like a Lexus sedan  , with  acres of non contrasting interior color like an 80's GM rental.  180 degrees from " sports car " , that's for sure . But this is Porsche, so if you want a dark dash/dark carpet modern sporty two- tone effect for a beige interior , they'll gladly charge you an extra pure profit $5K option  for it.

And that  stacked billboard advertising lettering  on the rear , with it's off-putting conflicting script styles- like on the Panamera- it's so obvious it's for emerging mkts like China, whose populace  have to be informed it's a PORSCHE when one rolls by .

am quite surprised how the front looks.....was not expecting such a radical design in porsche terms.

i love it.

the rear lettering looks totally wrong on this car. the subtle porsche in the rear screen was enough.

interior is ok but not great. the center console lacks sportiness imo.

however, fully optioned with carbon etc. it might do the trick and thats defo what porsche is aiming at.

overall a another great looking 911....

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Some say the 991 could have been designed by Aston Martin...

Its flattened longish stance, short windows/high window sill, is very much Jag. Look at the Jag C-X16 to be unveiled at Frankfurt:

We have reached a 911 design inflection point. The soul of te 911 is forever lost. :)

--

"Dream as impractical, irrational and unnecessary as that may be... Here's to the Dreamers!" -- Porsche AG.

Carlos from Spain:

They stopped the wart at 9:11 Smiley 10

wart.jpg 

I personally wouldn't have minded if they'd just stopped it completely in 2011. Smiley

--

fritz

Do we have any doubt that these shots may still be pshopped camos? Cause according to Autoguide they are: http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2011/08/2012-porsche-911-991-photos-leaked-sort-of.html
    --
    '08 997 C4 sand beige on basalt black

They must be. Rennteam and RC will not risk damaging their relationship with Porsche...
    --

There is no try. Just do.

I really love it !!!!...The front looks great and the rear too !!!!!....I just can say I like it a lot, except for the fact, I dont understand how they can use the PDK 997.2 steering wheel in a completely new model 911. Is like putting the 996 steering wheel to the 997.1..

Anyways, overall I am really happy with the car, is by far THE MACHINE !!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you rennteam, RC, Rossi, .........

--

So today has been pretty much a fake?

Oh well, more waiting.

Sorry guys, there's NO WAY these are fake. Autoguide is wrong. 

Today wasn't a fake, these images are 100% real from Porsche! 

Rich_NY:

Oh well, more waiting.

I hope so!

The face is looking so sad and agressive, tortured.

This is not a happy car.

to me it seems like it had  been hit by an enormous weight in the middle of the frontend.

By that impact the eyes became chinese...

Not a big fan at the moment, maybe when i see it in the flesh at the IAA i'll change my mind.

--

965 3.3turbo/  993 targa / 996 cab /997S cab

Audi R8  //  Audi A5 S-line 3.0tdi Quattro/ RR 4.4i

Pentium:

They must be. Rennteam and RC will not risk damaging their relationship with Porsche...

Just wait until you see the press release. Smiley

Btw: We didn't leak anything, I have no worries. Smiley

Oh...the IAA is only three weeks or so away, Porsche can really relax. This "leak" could actually create even more hype about the 991, which according to the posts I've read already happened. Smiley Good for Porsche...

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Carrera GTS Cabriolet PDK, BMW X5M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

beltar:
    Rich_NY:

Oh well, more waiting.

I hope so!

The face is looking so sad and agressive, tortured.

This is not a happy car.

to me it seems like it had  been hit by an enormous weight in the middle of the frontend.

By that impact the eyes became chinese...

Not a big fan at the moment, maybe when i see it in the flesh at the IAA i'll change my mind.

unfortuntely these pictures are real..

there are few more picture here if you click on the numbers 1, 2, 3. etc..

the 911 has been killed - long live the 997 and its previous versions...sorry Porsche but this is not a 911 anymore but a hybrid of a panamera and a 911..that cant work..

Rennteam did still a great job..but what now..?

By the way, like myself other people predict that we will fall into serious recession soon again, the US market isnt doing so well either, Europe is also doing worse..all that wont brimg good sales figures for the 991...but the reason will be economical..but I suspect many peolpe in the classic markets, USA, Germany, France etc are shocked by this...me too..give me a 997 GT2RS please..Smiley

RC:
    Just wait until you see the press release. Smiley

Do we have a more precise idea on the timing?

I'm just laughing at those crying the soul is dead, there is no more 911! 

Autoguide reported that these images are fake because of a translation error on their part. They're real!

seems Autocar has pinched our pic Smiley

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/258690/

Carrara:

I'm just laughing at those crying the soul is dead, there is no more 911! 

Autoguide reported that these images are fake because of a translation error on their part. They're real!

Hi carrera,

Want to join your laughing but I cant....are you sponsored by Porsche to bring here good mood for the 991Smiley

Regarding the pictures..unfortuntely they are true...guys - click on my link and then the numbers..

Maybe it is a mac thing, but I do not see a link Smiley 

http://www.motor-talk.de/forum/neuer-porsche-911-991-t3440286.html#post29637099

and then click on the numbers..

terrible..

Rossi:

May I present... Smiley

Brilliant! Thanks a lot Rossi Smiley

--

...in glorious high definition! Smiley

Smiley SmileySmiley

Rich_NY:

Oh well, more waiting.

Fake ? Are you kidding ? Smiley

A short word regarding the look of the 991: Why are some of you that disappointed ? I don't get it. The 991 is a perfect evolution of the 997. It may have one or two design quirks but these are going to be taken care of with the facelift, no doubt about it. The car is not a beauty but a masterpiece, you need to look at the whole picture and what the 911 actually represents. It is not a car you can change the design lightly, so the current evolution is almost perfect. I don't like the huge lettering on the rear (yes, 911 would suffice) but if you expected a larger butt, it is going to be available with the AWD models.

Just sit back and enjoy the ride: If you already own a 997, you still have a great 911, which is good news. If you're looking for something new, the 991 is amazing. Wait until you see it in person, then we talk again.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Carrera GTS Cabriolet PDK, BMW X5M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

I've been wondering the whole afternoon if the black 'lip' at the base of the front spoiler might be able to move...

Any ideas?

DuckieRS:

I'v been wondering the whole afternoon if the black 'lip' at the base of the front spoiler might be able to move...

Any ideas?

According to our sources, active aerodynamics could be available on the new 991 Turbo, not on the Carrera...yet.

--

Sorry, to be late to the party. No one told me the beer was flowing!

Thanks for posting these, Rossi.

In my opinion, looks great. Happy to see the new design. Besides, I care more about the driving experience and, from what we're hearing, it's an all round improvement.

So here's to Porsche and the new 911.

--

"People ignore design that ignores people."

RC, totally agree with you! Besides the new design and all of the major improvements, its not all that much different than the 997! In my opinion, its totally gorgeous, though that is subjective, just because there is a new design is no reason to call the 911 dead. But that's exactly what happened when the 997 came out, the 996, etc. 

a928, I have the 3200 wide images saved on my computer, and it looks gorgeous! There's nothing wrong with it at all. And keep in mind, these are 3D renderings from Porsche, so when you see it in person it will look much better!

BoxsterCoupeGTS, where did you get those grey gif text images from? They're from Porsche UK, but I can't find them on their site. 

RC:
    Rich_NY:

Oh well, more waiting.

Fake ? Are you kidding ? Smiley

A short word regarding the look of the 991: Why are some of you that disappointed ? I don't get it. The 991 is a perfect evolution of the 997. It may have one or two design quirks but these are going to be taken care of with the facelift, no doubt about it. The car is not a beauty but a masterpiece, you need to look at the whole picture and what the 911 actually represents. It is not a car you can change the design lightly, so the current evolution is almost perfect. I don't like the huge lettering on the rear (yes, 911 would suffice) but if you expected a larger butt, it is going to be available with the AWD models.

Just sit back and enjoy the ride: If you already own a 997, you still have a great 911, which is good news. If you're looking for something new, the 991 is amazing. Wait until you see it in person, then we talk again.

Hello Moderator,

I think you must be kidding...if the lettering on the back is what you can find as the major flaw of the 991..come on...nothing about the 911 for the first time since its creation not having a proper and own intererior..???? what about not being able to see the engine anymore for the first time since the 911 was born????

The front looks like a messed up 997..but could live with it..sideview..well could live with that too..but the back...the lights..!..why the hell are they not in line with the shape of the bumper etc..

Ah..you still owe me some performance figures..as you have been saying that it will be so great on the track..I said before a 7:50 and a 8:05 for the standard model is not a big change (these are the official Porsche numbers cited in several press articles so far)..in fact it is a change almost close to 0..Im know I have been here talking about this many times..but unless somebody can prove me different numbers..than all this talk about the 991 being a super revolution and whatever is bs..

For me facts count..marketing bla bla doesnt count for me...neither 100 switches on the center console..and saying that it looks similiar to the C.GT..is the funniest thing I ver read here..Smiley

I will rather buy a 997 GT2 in the next days before people start to run after the last real 911s..(which will be anyway GT2RS, 4.0L..)

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    761721 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    434997 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260311 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257401 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80875 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5318 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

871816 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    807168 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM