Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Ladies and gentlemen, the new 991... (LAUNCH thread)

This looks like a paint to sample car.

13285735250291.JPG

i think that Anthracite Brown is amazing 

--

2010 997.2 turbo cab 6 speed / 08 Cayenne GTS Manual -04 C4S sold 08 Cayenne Turbo PDCC sold

@ Lucas - What a truly amazing sound!!! Smiley  Smiley I want one!!!!

--

Porsche Cayman S PDK Aqua Blue / Ocean Blue  (November 10) : Toyota Yaris D4D (Oct 10) 

Nice pics !!

Our official delivery date is due for the week of the 10th March !!.....cant wait!!!

--

This week's Autocar cover story in the UK. I'm waiting for my copy to be delivered.

Autocar cover.JPG

woww, nice :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24MFkUnpY6s&feature=g-all-u&context=G2e79489FAAAAAAAAAAA

pxaxh:

woww, nice :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24MFkUnpY6s&feature=g-all-u&context=G2e79489FAAAAAAAAAAA

Very nice review and very coherent with my own experiences as well as the latest comparison test in AB Sportscars between 991, C6 GS and M3. The differences are similar to those of previous generations, with the 991 opening up a new chapter.

Smiley

Definitely ferdie. It is going to rewrite history. The new 911 is crushing its opponents in every test. Even the 2013 Nissan gtr. I think this is the best 911 ever made, i just love evrything about it, wish i had one though :(

Video review of 7-speed 991 from autocar.co.uk now online. Quite lame review, but they Love it!

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-video/porsche-911-video-review-verdict/

--

On Order: 991 C2S Basalt Black/Black - PDK, PSE, SPASM, SportChrono, etc.
    Sold: 997.2 C2S Meteor Grey/Black - PDK, PSE, LSD, SportChrono, etc.
    Sold: 997.1 C2S Black/Black - PSE, PCCB, -20mm/LSD, Short-shifter, SportChrono, etc.

Thank's Lukas, loved the review wink

--

SmileySmiley

--
    Happy Driving

Lukas:

Video review of 7-speed 991 from autocar.co.uk now online. Quite lame review, but they Love it!

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-video/porsche-911-video-review-verdict/

The aquamarine metallic looks very nice for someone who wants a not-so-common colour. This Porsche looks fantastic in the snowy surroundings Smiley

Sutcliffe liked the "lovely, beautifully responsive" electric steering too Smiley

--

"Form follows function"

PureBlue:

After lamenting the disappointing sound from the GTS's PSE, I've taken the plunge and ordered an aftermarket exhaust specifically designed for the 997.2 Carrera/S/4/4S/GTS by SharkWerks in California.  Effectively replaces the central muffler (silencer) with two straight-through stainless steel pipes, for what should - by all accounts - be a far more satisfying sound.  I've had it approved by the local OPC (so no warranty issues) and they're even doing the fitment for me.  Should be arriving next week.  I'll post up full details, pics and some feedback as soon as it's fitted.

I contacted Alex Ross at SharkWerks and set up an order subject to warranty clearance.

Having spoken with two OPC's (Chester and Wilmslow), they assure me that using the product would most definitely invalidate my warranty.  Neither would be prepared to fit the unit for that reason. 

One of the service engineers I spoke with, at Wilmslow, used to work for Techart and stated that Porsche's attitude to 'After-market Mods' in the UK has altered a lot in recent years.  Also, in his opinion, the chances of a "check engine" alert would be high and often.. resulting in frequent visits to them for re-sets.

For those reasons I've chosen not to order.  Pleased for you that the situation is different where you are...but you may want to ask them about the "check engine" warnings issue?

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

Did he say Lotus 911...??? Sec 59 - 60. Maybe I didn't hear well.

John H:
    PureBlue:

After lamenting the disappointing sound from the GTS's PSE, I've taken the plunge and ordered an aftermarket exhaust specifically designed for the 997.2 Carrera/S/4/4S/GTS by SharkWerks in California.  Effectively replaces the central muffler (silencer) with two straight-through stainless steel pipes, for what should - by all accounts - be a far more satisfying sound.  I've had it approved by the local OPC (so no warranty issues) and they're even doing the fitment for me.  Should be arriving next week.  I'll post up full details, pics and some feedback as soon as it's fitted.

I contacted Alex Ross at SharkWerks and set up an order subject to warranty clearance.

Having spoken with two OPC's (Chester and Wilmslow), they assure me that using the product would most definitely invalidate my warranty.  Neither would be prepared to fit the unit for that reason. 

One of the service engineers I spoke with, at Wilmslow, used to work for Techart and stated that Porsche's attitude to 'After-market Mods' in the UK has altered a lot in recent years.  Also, in his opinion, the chances of a "check engine" alert would be high and often.. resulting in frequent visits to them for re-sets.

For those reasons I've chosen not to order.  Pleased for you that the situation is different where you are...but you may want to ask them about the "check engine" warnings issue?

That sounds quite worrying, but I went through the warranty clearance process with the local OPC and they assured me that it would be fine (subject, of course, to me signing a disclaimer covering a situation where any future problem is directly caused by the muffler bypass).  According to Alex, the key issue is that the SharkWerks system is fitted after the headers and cats, implying no impact on any of the emission control sensors.  Also, I did a lot of research on 6speedonline, Teamspeed and Rennlist - reading all of the posts from US-based owners who had had the system fitted.  All were uniformly positive, with no mentions of "check engine" alerts.

Anyway, I'm having the product fitted by the OPC tomorrow, so I'll let you know how it goes.

petrosus:

Did he say Lotus 911...??? Sec 59 - 60. Maybe I didn't hear well.

I think he said "latest", but you're right it does sound a lot like "Lotus".

You are right. The accent was obviously 'too English' for me... :)

PS: Great forum guys. You are doing a great job. 

ISUK:

This looks like a paint to sample car.

13285735250291.JPG

....From a 40th Anniversary Muricelago! :)

Tonight I saw a  black 991 parked in a public underground parking . So I saw it from behind, in-between two other cars, and it was slightly dirty.  I was pretty disappointed surprise  The back is actually way too high , the new line across the back makes it look like a grass hopper. The back wings are also so high now, that they come to the hight of the windows of the cars next to it. It did look funny....in a bad way.

Maybe I'll get other impressions in other settings... but right now, I could not consider the 991 in the ' normal ' setting. Maybe with the duck tail , or maybe when I see the GT3 .

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

--

2005 997S Blk/Blk

^^^ Damn.  Ate my post again.

I like the side profile of the 991 much more than the 997.  The 997 rear side profile extends rearward, and then seems to abruptly come down, which I think looks a little strange.

--

2005 997S Blk/Blk

Nice comparison of acceleration for both 991 S and 997 RS 4.0, it is obvious how much of an advantage PDK is in lower gears as well as pure horsepower at higher speeds:

1328828073189Bildschirmfoto 2012-02-09 um 23.47.13.png

what a difference in sound hearing them side by side like that!eek.gif .. the 991-PDK has no drama as it upshifts, but the GT3 engine with manual gearbox going off and back on the throttle through the gears is simply exhilarating!!! love.gif

--

997>991              Any model

Gnil:

Tonight I saw a  black 991 parked in a public underground parking . So I saw it from behind, in-between two other cars, and it was slightly dirty.  I was pretty disappointed surprise  The back is actually way too high , the new line across the back makes it look like a grass hopper. The back wings are also so high now, that they come to the hight of the windows of the cars next to it. It did look funny....in a bad way.

Maybe I'll get other impressions in other settings... but right now, I could not consider the 991 in the ' normal ' setting. Maybe with the duck tail , or maybe when I see the GT3 .

I think the  991looks better in lighter colours that show the lines and details more. The more bulky rear of the 991 looks like a  massive block in black. For me the best colours are Silver (preferably GT silver), white and the Aquamarine blue as in the Autocar video.

--

"Form follows function"

The C2S variant of the 991 is bound to come off less well against a limited edition 997.2 GT3 RS 4.0. If the engineering expertise that went into the RS 4.0 is anything to go by, then the 991 GT3 will be a very special car indeed. Can't wait to see what it's like :)

The videos just prove that Porsche GT cars are very special creatures.

--

997.1 C2S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

991 Cab driving report:  http://www.autobild.de/artikel/porsche-911-cabrio-fahrbericht-2860153.html

Here is the Google Translation

Porsche has for the new 911 convertible, the folding-top reinvented - together with a fully automatic wind deflector and an enhanced rollover protection system. First exit.
    By Georg Kacher convertible customers today demand the perfect, foldable sun protection factor. Therefore, Porsche has developed for the new 911 is a roof that is closed so quiet, tight and aerodynamically unobtrusive as the steel roof of the coupe. With the roof closed in convertible and coupe differ in fact only a few nuances. The melody of the wind noise varies in the range of subjective perception, the weather protection deserves the Isoliersiegel in gold, the stiffness of the structure itself is shaken by cross joints and manhole covers barely.
    Overview: All the news and tests for 911
    Video: 911 Carrera S Cabriolet first drive in 911 Convertible
    Since the perfect-fitting hood works almost as well as a giant mute button, the new Convertible Series 991 rolls of standard with a so-called sound Symposer band. This is not an electronic engine sound amplifier, but a few holes in the rear parcel shelf, which are controlled by the Sport button. In active mode, an acoustic channel taps from vibrations caused between the throttle and air filters and ensure reliable, high crew for comforting goose bumps.
    See also: Driving report Porsche Cayenne GTS

The cockpit is of high quality, prestigious, with a larger monitor, and no hand brake (instead of electric parking brake).
    AUTO BILD drove the Carrera S convertible with dual-clutch gearbox, ceramic brakes, 20-inch wheels, sport exhaust system, "Sport Chrono Package," "Dynamic Light System" and adaptive sports seats - all attributes that Porsche covered with lush extras. Such features of the car then goes perfectly well, sounds good, looks appetizing and is handled nicely. But it will cost a lot of money - with the aforementioned extras to get quickly into areas, which already attracts a naked turbo. Sure, the 991 is the more modern car. The conclusion is a new Carrera S Cabriolet with PDK transmission is 55 kilos less than the old 1.4-liter or 14 percent more fuel efficient, better off (0-100 km / h in 4.3 seconds, nearly 300 km / h) , brakes better, is better and cushions even better. The core theme of the 991 is the energy savings, while working with the relevant means to an end (for example, a smart alternator control) in secret, during the start-stop system offers a lasting effect of surprise and the sails function - the unpowered coasting in neutral - an open specially at Hood suggested to do Mother Nature a favor.
    More on the new 911 Convertible read in AUTO BILD 6/2012
    As expected, this eco-idea is not sustainable. By the time attracted the next bend, logs of second gear at 5200 rpm, which pushes the sole accelerator into the carpet, it is no longer about saving. In the past we would have caved in, reached for his cap and goggles and pulled the wool scarf fixed. Today we work with the right index finger up the windbreak, take the left index finger on the screen in position, turn the heat on both sides pleasant 24 degrees and prey upon the tin roof in their well-tempered pack boxes. Is the complete driving report with a detailed evaluation table is available in AUTO PICTURE 6/2012 - from 10 February in the trade.

Thanks Rich - very thoughtful of you...kiss

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

everyone seems to be missing that the wind deflector in the new 911 is automatic. no more bl@@dy thing in the trunk or buggering with it in the back seat.

comes to par with the boxster for wind protection.

--

2010 997.2 turbo cab 6 speed / 08 Cayenne GTS Manual - 08 RS 60 sold -04 C4S sold - 08 Cayenne Turbo PDCC sold

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    775026 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    440488 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262129 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260359 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    84859 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5446 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

879522 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    814383 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM