Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Ladies and gentlemen, the new 991...

Any thoughts on whether Racing Yellow is another name for Speed Yellow or something more akin to Ferrari Light Yellow? 

--

"Don't worry about avoiding temptation, as you grow older it will avoid you"  Churchill

Carlos from Spain:
    pjd:

d

1314878997458991_1.jpg

1314879015430991_2.jpg

Absolutely perfect like that pjd! The most beautiful 991 I have seen to date.

For me the best 911 so far - great color.

I have to change my taste Smiley- my last cars where all white (X6, Panamera,997 tt). And I still would order the 991 in white.

--

AM
    www.aldo-yachting.de

Aldo,

The rear wiper is of more use here in the rather damp UK   I hate being in slow moving traffic (most roads here now) and trundling along at 40 mph stuck behind a truck and unable to see out of the rear on a car with no rear wiper. Products like Rain X simply don't work when the roads are filthy in winter and the rear screen gets covered in dirty spray.

Looks like it doesn't have launch control for the manual as far as I can see on the American site. Anyone else notice this?

Hi!

What a pity that the white from Porsche is by far not so white as from Audi.

Audi has the brightest white of all ( edit : german ) car makers.

Best regards

Gregor

ISUK:

Aldo,

The rear wiper is of more use here in the rather damp UK   I hate being in slow moving traffic (most roads here now) and trundling along at 40 mph stuck behind a truck and unable to see out of the rear on a car with no rear wiper. Products like Rain X simply don't work when the roads are filthy in winter and the rear screen gets covered in dirty spray.

I never had a rear wiper in either 996 or 997 GT2s and never noticed it wasn't there, whatever was in the rear view mirror never stayed there very long anyway... :)

Rich_NY:

Looks like it doesn't have launch control for the manual as far as I can see on the American site. Anyone else notice this?

Manual launch control..? Yes, it's activated by the pedal just next to the brake.
    --

Isn't it time you got yourself a !waytag?   www.waytag.com

Budster:
    Rich_NY:

Manual launch control..? Yes, it's activated by the pedal just next to the brake.

Smiley

--

"People ignore design that ignores people."

pjd:

1314878997458991_1.jpg

1314879015430991_2.jpg

If the picture is correct, Porsche must use two different wheels for left and right hand side since that "trail" on each spoke fits according to the wheels motion when going forward. Has this been the case on the previous Sport Techno rims as well?

Smiley

reginos:

60mm added at wheelbase (100mm overall) is a lot to aid stability especially at high speed prolonged bends. This is a weak point in 997, given its speed potential of course.

The WB was increased 100mm, not 60. The 991 WB is longer than the mid-engine Cayman...

--

"Dream as impractical, irrational and unnecessary as that may be... Here's to the Dreamers!" -- Porsche AG.

US Configurator -- anyone else having trouble getting it to work? I've tried different browsers and different computers and just get a blank window opening up.

--

detail_mXAT_99111.jpgSame here. You have to go to the New Porsche 911 and in the right hand corner there is a link to the configurator. That one works. They don't have all of the options of the German configurator. For instance I coundn't find the Sport package. Above is a detail of it.

Works for me

porsche.JPG

--
    Happy Driving

Ron (Houston):

So Carlos, when are you ordering yours exactly ? Smiley

SmileySmiley not going to happen just yet, I need to wait a year or so and then see, also don't want a first year production model because of any quirks and also to learn how some extras turn out in real life like suspensions, trannies, etc. so I will have to bite my nails until then tongue.gif

How about you Ron? I see you have been playing with the configurator as have I Smiley 10

--

Carlos from Spain:

How about you Ron? I see you have been playing with the configurator as have I Smiley 10
    --

Need to find out how much my divorce settlement will be first Smiley.  She has already sensed that there is something going on.  She told me yesterday that why are you on Porsche.com site again Smiley.

Have to wait and see.

--
    Happy Driving

LOL 

Carrageous:

US Configurator -- anyone else having trouble getting it to work? I've tried different browsers and different computers and just get a blank window opening up.

I had similar problems. Go to the open up menu where the 911 is at (the menu that brings up all the 997 variants), then click The new 911 Carrera. On the page it takes you to in the bottom right hand corner you should see "Car Configurator". Click that and it should work.

BTW, if you want more options etc. Try out the international configurator. Here's the int'l site.

http://www.porsche.com/international/

Strangely for me the configurator only works in 3D in fire fox. Oh, and if you download this program: http://unity3d.com/unity/

You can view it in full screen. 

Here is my spec!

Description
    911 Carrera S

Exterior Colour
    GT Silver Metallic

Interior Colour
    Leather interior in Black

Exterior
    Windscreen with grey top-tint
    Deletion of model designation
    Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)

Engine
    Sports exhaust system
    PASM sport suspension (-20 mm)
    Sport Chrono Package

Wheels
    20-inch Carrera S III wheel

Interior
    Seat belts in Guards Red
    Floor mats
    Sports seats Plus, electrical (4-way)

Interior Leather
    Lid of storage bin with Porsche crest
    Porsche crest embossed on head restraints

Alcantara Interior
    Thicker Alcantara steering wheel

Interior Aluminium
    Centre console trim Aluminium brushed
    Aluminium brushed interior package (with leather interior/with manual transmission

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  42.5 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Size:  45.7 KB

Name:  3.jpg
Size:  34.1 KB

Name:  4.jpg
Size:  34.5 KB

Name:  5.jpg
Size:  33.9 KB

Name:  6.jpg
Size:  21.7 KB

The 991 brochure isn't on the UK or USA websites yet but it is available on the South African, Australian, Singaporean websites in English 

--

997.1 C2S
     GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

Where are the sport bucket seats aka GT2 seats?  Are they no longer an option???

Apparently a sunroof is optional now even in the US!!!! Smiley

HBspeed:

Where are the sport bucket seats aka GT2 seats?  Are they no longer an option???

Apparently sunroof are optional now even in the US!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Porsche will most likely introduce new sport bucket seats along with the GT3, and they will become available as optional equipment shortly afterwards.

And easy-rider can you post the links please? Smiley

Edit: found it!

http://files.porsche.com/filestore.aspx/default.pdf?pool=international&type=download&id=991-c2-catalogue&lang=none&a...

Ron (Houston):
    Carlos from Spain:

--

Need to find out how much my divorce settlement will be first Smiley.  She has already sensed that there is something going on.  She told me yesterday that why are you on Porsche.com site again Smiley.

Have to wait and see.

SmileySmiley

--

Carrara:
    HBspeed:

Apparently sunroof are optional now even in the US!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Porsche will most likely introduce new sport bucket seats along with the GT3, and they will become available as optional equipment shortly afterwards.

And easy-rider can you post the links please? Smiley

Edit: found it!

http://files.porsche.com/filestore.aspx/default.pdf?pool=international&type=download&id=991-c2-catalogue&lang=none&a...

Hmm if that's the case I guess I won't be considering an order until the sport bucket seats are made available.

There's also the possibility they will be introduced with a "clubsport" model then I suppose.  Anyone have any updated news on the clubsport?

You can download an English language 991 brochure here:

www.porsche.com/australia/models/911/911-carrera-s/gallery/ 

Click on the 'Brochure' tab and then download the brochure from there.

If the above link doesn't work, just paste the link below into your browser:

http://www.porsche.com/australia/models/911/911-carrera-s/gallery/?gtabindex=4

--

997.1 C2S
     GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

Ron & Carrera: Thanks, it's working fine now. I wonder if I hit it just as they were doing some maintenance on it, switching a server or something.

Carrera, your taste is a lot like mine. Love it in white!

D

--

So finally the sunroof is an option? Great.

--

Carrageous:

Ron & Carrera: Thanks, it's working fine now. I wonder if I hit it just as they were doing some maintenance on it, switching a server or something.

Carrera, your taste is a lot like mine. Love it in white!

D

No problem! And actually that's GT Silver, but Carrara White looks great on the 991!

After configuring one in Black, I'm between GT Silver and Black. They both look so good on the 991!

GT Silver looks great, IMHO. I've always been very partial to white 911s, had two so far.

I notice they no longer have that nice cream white, which would have been high on my list.

--

Carrara:

Here is my spec!

Description
    911 Carrera S

Exterior Colour
    GT Silver Metallic

Interior Colour
    Leather interior in Black

Exterior
    Windscreen with grey top-tint
    Deletion of model designation
    Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)

Engine
    Sports exhaust system
    PASM sport suspension (-20 mm)
    Sport Chrono Package

Wheels
    20-inch Carrera S III wheel

Interior
    Seat belts in Guards Red
    Floor mats
    Sports seats Plus, electrical (4-way)

Interior Leather
    Lid of storage bin with Porsche crest
    Porsche crest embossed on head restraints

Alcantara Interior
    Thicker Alcantara steering wheel

Interior Aluminium
    Centre console trim Aluminium brushed
    Aluminium brushed interior package (with leather interior/with manual transmission

Name:  1.jpg
Size:  42.5 KB

Very nice GT- executive express. The new 911 will assume the role of the executive sedans of yore. :)

--

"Dream as impractical, irrational and unnecessary as that may be... Here's to the Dreamers!" -- Porsche AG.

The 991 brochure isn't on the UK or USA websites yet but it is available on the South African, Australian, Singaporean websites in English." ...but no configurator on the SA site (I had to use the UK one). Also had a look at the US configurator tonight - interesting how many differences there are between the two versions. BTW I see neither of the two specs posted above includes PDCC - I'm surprised you guys didn't go for it? Check out the C2S in Carrara White with black wheels - looks great. The black/platinum grey bi-colour leather interior also looks like a good option.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    691078 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410189 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256238 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235422 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65750 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4746 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858840 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775134 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM