Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: FF in Grigio FF on the Road

ISUK:

My dealer was at an FF driving event at the factory last week Gary and says it is a phenomenal car with very precise steering that's extremely close to the 458 set up, incredible torque from just 1500 RPM and that the new 3rd generation CCB's are a major step forward in terms of stopping power. He is getting back to me on a customer driving event that he wants me to go on.

I drove the car in the hills around Maranello yesterday and was extremely impressed. It is essentialy a boat ( ref : the size and length Smiley ) that handles better than most so called sports cars. There is no body roll to speak of, the steering is extremely precise (though understandably a bit slower and heavier than on the 458), and the four wheel drive element really unobstrusive until it is really required. One's naturally always aware to some extent of the overall mass of the vehicle which makes its handling all the more exceptional. Combine this with the Ferrari exhaust note, and genuinely confidence inspiring brakes, and I can confirm that Ferrari has truly created a wholly new category of car Smiley

Most of the dealer launch cars dotted around the factory waiting to be shipped were in Grigio FF which is a great colour for the car. Most also had the new Semi Aniline Cuoio Toscana interior which had way too much of an orange tint for my taste. Seat ventilation makes the leather look much less classy, but I was surprised how good the Daytona seats looked ( I'm not normally a fan of them). There was a superbly specced Grigio FF with cioccolato interior and all the carbon extras in one of the Atelier suites which was a really harmonious mix of sportiness/ classy GT effect.  The Rosso Maranello colour also really suits a car of this size/mass, though its outrageous that Ferrari are charging so much for these FF launch colours.

How does it compare to the 612?

SciFrog:
    How does it compare to the 612?

Not a fair comparison really  - rear wheel drive versus the new four wheel drive system plus dual clutch. However, the key difference is in the handling which is far more satisfying and rewarding.

Perceptive comments, thank you

Any photos from the atelier of the cioccolato interior ?

I drove the car in the hills around Maranello yesterday and was extremely impressed. It is essentialy a boat ( ref : the size and length Smiley ) that handles better than most so called sports cars. There is no body roll to speak of, the steering is extremely precise (though understandably a bit slower and heavier than on the 458), and the four wheel drive element really unobstrusive until it is really required. One's naturally always aware to some extent of the overall mass of the vehicle which makes its handling all the more exceptional. Combine this with the Ferrari exhaust note, and genuinely confidence inspiring brakes, and I can confirm that Ferrari has truly created a wholly new category of car Smiley

Most of the dealer launch cars dotted around the factory waiting to be shipped were in Grigio FF which is a great colour for the car. Most also had the new Semi Aniline Cuoio Toscana interior which had way too much of an orange tint for my taste. Seat ventilation makes the leather look much less classy, but I was surprised how good the Daytona seats looked ( I'm not normally a fan of them). There was a superbly specced Grigio FF with cioccolato interior and all the carbon extras in one of the Atelier suites which was a really harmonious mix of sportiness/ classy GT effect.  The Rosso Maranello colour also really suits a car of this size/mass, though its outrageous that Ferrari are charging so much for these FF launch colours.

Sorry - I did not get a photo of that leather colour

Here is the Toscana

IMG_1085.JPG 

Slightly less orange in this shot. Note the alcantara edges on the sides  - a great new option.

1310067801585IMG_1087.JPG

Thank you, I see what you mean about orange.

Completely different to my recollection when there in February

Here is what I ordered Cuoio Toscana/ Daytona/Beige Chiaro/CF   Looks like a different car !

Flying to New York's Atelier Monday to take another look at leather samples. Indecision !

FF Interior Cuoio Semi Aniline.jpg

I like the interior of the FF very much. 9Eleven is the car going to be your daily driver? I personally like black interiors better but this Toscana would look great in contrast with the carbon fiber.

Enmanuel:
    I like the interior of the FF very much. 9Eleven is the car going to be your daily driver? I personally like black interiors better but this Toscana would look great in contrast with the carbon fiber.

More or less a daily  for longer journey's together with the Range Rover, around town I have an Audi S4.

Shortly I am getting a BMW 1M Coupe.  It will be my track car, very exciting.  The 458 is reserved for the few dramatic and memorable occassions like this journey in Colorado

DSC01638.JPG

You've got a pretty nice stable going on there, the 1M and the FF will really round it up. Congrats !

Maybe its a function of less sunlight in Feb / different camera (mine was taken with an iPhone) . However, there will always be an orange hue to it.Given what you are spending another visit to the Atelier is well worthwhile! I would seriously take a look at the cioccolato in Daytona with Grigio contrast stiching to the seats. This would mean that the upper  and lower dash and steering wheel would need to be in the cioccolato  to make it all work. The saving on not going the analine route would probaly keep it neutral versus the additional bits of leather in the cioccolato route.

That's just gorgeous - congrats

--

RT Moderator 
    - 997.1 Carrera S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm sports suspension/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

I'd take Cuoio analine all day long but it's personal preference. I personally wouldn't do the whole dash in Cioccolato if you decide to go that route. I'd keep the top black and have the door insert panels in black as well.

Here are two Cali's with the Cioccolato - one with the whole interior in the single colour the other with the contrasting black dash top.

1310119100363Chocolatto 2.JPG

SDC12251.JPG

Reminds me of the warm cocoa interior of my own car

--

RT Moderator - 997.1 Carrera S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm sports suspension/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Thanks everybody for input.

My first choice is Cuoio Toscana, but at the Atelier I will look at Testa Di Moro semi aniline of which I saw a display in Maranello in February. It is a dark classic brown.

Cioccolato is too rich like  Cadbury 'Flake (a long forgotten delight of my youth in Britain )  for me.

Nero a safe backup.

Here is another cuoio interior on a Swiss dealer's demo car. To my mind black leather just isn't special enough for a car that costs this sort of money when every manufacturer offers it in everything from budget hatchbacks upwards. When you sit in a car like this it needs to feel bespoke and luxurious IMHO and plain old black just doesn't do that.

Cuoio.JPG

Thanks Iain.

This demo with the option taglitelle on the standard seats does nothing for me. The standard seats are also a litle "armchairy " if there was such a word. That Daytona Cuoio with Beige is the gold standard.

If you know of a testa di moro interior that would be a find ! 

At last the USA prices are out, the base MSRP with Sat Nav, Ipod, Bluetooth, Sat radio  (Sirius ) TPMS and power tailgate is a tad over $300k . Options are in line with world markets. Incredibly privacy glass is $4328. No glass roof option yet. 

Beautiful and a technical tour de force! But something seems a bit off. Maybe it seems like a car for rich seniors? Smiley

Ageing populations so now Ferraris with power tailgates? Whats next? A Porsche Design Walker for the wobbily? Smiley

JimFlat6:

Beautiful and a technical tour de force! But something seems a bit off. Maybe it seems like a car for rich seniors? Smiley

Ageing populations so now Ferraris with power tailgates? Whats next? A Porsche Design Walker for the wobbily? Smiley

It's a car made by a sports car company for other comfortable activities rather than just speed and hardcore driving, so it's only logical and proper that it has comfort equipment on it. I think the FF achieves very well what it set of to do. At first I had my doubts but the more I see it and the more I read up on it the more I like it.

JimFlat6:

Or perhaps younger people with children .

9Eleven:

At last the USA prices are out, the base MSRP with Sat Nav, Ipod, Bluetooth, Sat radio  (Sirius ) TPMS and power tailgate is a tad over $300k . Options are in line with world markets. Incredibly privacy glass is $4328. No glass roof option yet. 

After a visit to the Atelier my final spec is

PNTC Exterior Grigio ferro Met

Carpets Nero

CALA Calipers Aluminium

CFGI Chromed Grill

CRS1 Cruise Control

DAY1 Daytona Seats

EMR1 Outer mirror black insert

EXA3 Sports Exhaust

INTS Semi Aniline Cuoio Toscana interior

LOGO Shields

NETS1 Boot Net

PAC1 Rear Parking Camera

PAC2 Front Parking camera

RMST Two tone wheels

RPMW White Tach

STC2 Special Stitching Beige Chiaro

TYMX Michelin

CIDL Carbon LEDS and Surround

CISK Carbon Exterior sills

Market Related

TPMO Tyre Pressure

RBAS Power Boot Lid

Extra  Allestimenti Speciale

Headrest Stitched Beige Chiaro

Silver central wheel caps with applied silver cavallino

No contrast stitching on Nero leather, nero stitching

Thanks for all the advice, especially Iain.

That is going to look fantastic Gary    Have you done the whole interior in Cuoio or did you go for the lower dash (that merges into the door inserts) in nero?

Loving 'EXA3'

This is going to be an amazing car, Gary. Congrats.

--

"People ignore design that ignores people."

ISUK:

That is going to look fantastic Gary    Have you done the whole interior in Cuoio or did you go for the lower dash (that merges into the door inserts) in nero?

I took the standard INTS as page 65 of the spec document. It means the A and B pillars, headlining and rear boot lid is Nero leather. The lower dash is Cuoio Toscana, if  I had gone with standard cuoio then the nero flash on the door is standard.  The exterior sills in carbon really sets off the entry. They also confirmed that Grigio Ferro Met is slightly darker than Grigio FF. No metal samples of FF there but  I compared Ferro Met to all the other silver colors and it looks fantastic.  I played safe with a color I saw.

I really cannot understand why you are spending so much money for the car. You can have one for a lot less.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-43-LOOKSMART-FERRARI-FF-GRIGIO-FERRO-METALLIC-BBR-MR-/220806128193

--

Cool, but I got one "free" back  in February. Well spotted but does it have EXA3 ?

My FF went RED 10 today. I really hope it will be in production when I visit after Monza

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM