Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: FF in Grigio FF on the Road

9Eleven:
    I can still change thru July. Also tempted by semi aniline leather !

There is little merit to being the richest man in the graveyard ....   Smiley

Get those two options boxes ticked or you'll always look at the car and wonder if you'd have liked it more in Grigio FF with the aniline leather.

ISUK:
    9Eleven:

Get those two options boxes ticked or you'll always look at the car and wonder if you'd have liked it more in Grigio FF with the aniline leather.

Iain, that is so right. 

Two weeks in Colorado and those "Falling Rocks" signs do mean something, my 458 is waiting a new windshield from Italy and has already had a new tire and front wheel from "Falling Rocks"

A sign from on high ?

Tick the box for front and rear lifter and the new photochromatic glass roof for next year's "Falling Rocks " tour.

Send your Glastonbury rain over here, I am sick of forest fires !

Thanks Iain. I see the difference. It appears to be between grey and silver. It does look good on the Scud. Still not sure of the color on the FF especially for $12,000 up charge.Smiley 

--

pride355:
    Rossi:
    ISUK:

Here are three cars painted in Grigio Ferro Met Nick.

1308900793565Grigio Ferro Met.JPG

Damn, that is one good looking Scuderia. Smiley Smiley

+1 Me thinks, so. It looks awesome Smiley

I was about to say the same thing Smiley

Enmanuel:
    pride355:
    Rossi:
    ISUK:

Here are three cars painted in Grigio Ferro Met Nick.

1308900793565Grigio Ferro Met.JPG

Damn, that is one good looking Scuderia. Smiley Smiley

+1 Me thinks, so. It looks awesome Smiley

I was about to say the same thing Smiley

You almost made me cry Smiley

Nice car Smiley Why am I selling mine?

--

There is no try. Just do.

9Eleven:
    pride355:

My favorite Ferrari color. Interior with cuioi please (I still couldn't learn how to spell) Smiley

--

ONUR

11 M3 Coupe AW

09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

In Cuoio Semi Aniline with Beige Chiaro stitching/Daytonas1306836218843Ferrari_FF_07.jpg

And the color of the steering wheel should be cuoio to show carbon inserts. Gorgeous interior to live with.

--

ONUR

11 M3 Coupe AW

09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

ISUK:
    9Eleven:

Ferrari NA are insisting on final spec for confirmed October production slot. It will be one of the first USA production cars.. Seems very early to be going red. Here is my spec. I got Grigio FF but chose Nero for the interior to better stand up to the rigours of daily driving

1309291347641Ferrari FF.doc

Congratulations -  that's a really nice spec. Smiley

Any news on the glass roof option? I can't see the PNTN code on the UK price list that I have - is it more than the PNTO for out of range colours? Its also a shame that they don't offer a more complete interior carbon package like CRPK on the 458 Italia which includes the dash board inserts in carbon.

crayphile:

Congratulations -  that's a really nice spec. Smiley

Any news on the glass roof option? I can't see the PNTN code on the UK price list that I have - is it more than the PNTO for out of range colours? Its also a shame that they don't offer a more complete interior carbon package like CRPK on the 458 Italia which includes the dash board inserts in carbon.

Thank you.

Only 3  special colors are available under PNTN including Grigio FF and the  Green (Verde Abetone ).

Same price as PNTC about $11k. Grigio FF is Grigio Ferr Met, so makes sense.

No glass option offered at this time. Personally I would not take it up in my climate zones.

Also available PNTT Triple Layer  FF Paint, maybe these are the other 3 launch colors (Blu America, Rosso Maranello )

Cheap way to make dash interesting is to have DAPN (painted dash inserts ) with CIDL.

9Eleven:

Ferrari NA are insisting on final spec for confirmed October production slot. It will be one of the first USA production cars.. Seems very early to be going red. Here is my spec. I got Grigio FF but chose Nero for the interior to better stand up to the rigours of daily driving.

Congratulations - should be a terrific car esp. for western US wide open roads.... will you be getting winter tires to try it out in the conditions Ferrari were showing off for the intro videos?   Expect you already have winter capable vehicles, but the thought of an FF screaming down to Big Sky and Yellowstone in January sounds very cool.  Smiley

--

2011 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2009 Porsche 911S

,but the thought of an FF screaming down to Big Sky and Yellowstone in January sounds very cool.  Smiley

Got the Range Rover for the serious work. Just did a 1500 mile Four Corners Expedition in my 458. Result what a car, what handling, negatives "Falling Rocks"  bust rim ,tire and cracked windshield. Still it was drivable to the end ! You cannot believe the amount of dust sucked into the engine compartment, that's the West !

Next year Montana and Wyoming , even Lake Louise !

Is cruise control a new option?

--

nberry:

Is cruise control a new option?

Needed for resale !  CRS1 is an $880 option on the FF. Available also on the Cali now and even 2012 458 !

Gary,

Grigio FF car at 22 seconds in. I think you should go for the Cuoio analine leather. It'll stand up fine to daily use and look s great with this colour Smiley

ISUK:

Gary,

Grigio FF car at 22 seconds in. I think you should go for the Cuoio analine leather. It'll stand up fine to daily use and look s great with this colour Smiley

As you know my 458 is Cuoio and I am very happy with it. However with larger interiors I think it overwhelms. I nearly bought a Range Rover recently with a tan semi aniline interior. It was just  "too much" . Feel the same way about the interior of the FF. Additionally Nero hides quality control issues, evident in the launch car I saw and certainly in the RR.

Wish they would offer semi aniline in Nero. I wanted the interior also to be more "sporty" hence the white tach, carbon and stitching. 

Why does my dealer say this spec is going red so soon with a October production date ?  Maybe it gets into September and will be on line when I visit the factory. Wow that would be something !

I should think it is moving to 10 red earlier than normal with the car being a new production model. Suppliers will be slowly ramping up their production so the factory is possibly giving them longer notice at this stage compared to what is usually given once full scale production has settled down. It may also be to do with the summer shutdown period. Cars usually go 10 red around 12 weeks or so before the production week. You may get lucky and find your's being built in September.

Now that I see the FF in silver, I am inclined to think the Grigio FF is a better color for the car.

Only Ferrari would charge almost $900 for cruise control when just about every car made today has it as standard equipment. I'll never forget when the factory forced me to buy an outdated navigation system as part of my order for the 430 coupe and 430 convertible. The dealer even complained.

--

ISUK:

It may also be to do with the summer shutdown period. Cars usually go 10 red around 12 weeks or so before the production week. You may get lucky and find your's being built in September.

12 weeks from now will take you into October, and that's without making full allowance for the summer holidays at Ferrari's and suppliers' factories.

--

fritz

For the few USA folks on this site. FNA confirms that IPOD, Sat Nav, Bluetooth and Satellite Sirius Radio are standard. 

I addition to the standard, RMSD and sport forged wheels on the configurator a third wheel RMST is now available. Not very attractive.

photo.jpg

Looks a bit odd in that pic. Maybe better in real life?

--

"We all love the music. What we hope is that the music loves us." -- Tom Waits

I like the RMST option wheel.

Blue side.JPG

Iain,

RMST is my choice also. You will be pleased to know I have changed to Semi Aniline Cuoio Toscana after some hectic long distance Atelier conference call !

Also the Panoramic Roof is available to order. Passed on this after my "Beware of Falling Rocks" experience !  

Gary,

Your car is now my perfect spec   It will look fantastic.

ISUK:

Gary,

Your car is now my perfect spec   It will look fantastic.

But what of these wheels ?

sport forged rims.jpg

Mmmm........ tough choice   I think the RMST really suit Grigio FF though.

Geneva 39.JPG

Grigio FF 1.JPG

Grigio FF 3.JPG

The dark painted, diamond finish version of that sport wheel looks good Gary (bottom right of this Atelier display pic) especially with the carbon centre caps shown. I like the bronze callipers against this wheel. They would work well against Grigio FF and provide a colour link to your interior without being distracting IMHO.

Geneva Atelier FF wheels.JPG

Where do you get these images ! Driving me crazy !

Will stick with RMST.

Have one more question for you. The interior is cuoio semi aniline with the upper part nero, carpets nero, dash nero. What color stitching -nero, white, grigio chiaro or beige chiaro

Also the Cavallinos headrests could be extra campaniero stitiching

Welcome your expert advice

Good decision. The RMST look much better on the car. More importantly, they provide the FF a more rich looking exterior and deflect the European two door back lift trunk lid styling.Smiley

--

Gary,

I think the car I saw at the Atelier had beige chiaro stitch and that's what I'd pick. It looked great. I also loved the new seat piping option that they were referring to as "tagliatele" because of it's resemblance to the flat strips of pasta.

The first pic shows the beige chiaro stitch and cavalino (I'd definately order the stitched cavalino), the second one shows the tagliate piping in beige against the cuoio analine (left most sample in the cuoio display).

Cuoio toscana seat.JPG

Cuoio toscana piping.JPG

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/14/24 2:04 PM
    RCA
    803036 1806
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448503 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266030 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90022 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6505 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885579 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    833027 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM