Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Scuderia Hanseat , october 2011 session

Finally , after lots of negotiations and the cancelation of the spring course,  the Scuderia Hanseat  fall course will start on the 3rd of october Smiley ( usually it was a the beginning of September )

Monday the 3rd : free driving

Tuesday , Wednesday, Thursday : instruction/ driving/ final test

Thursday evening : gala dinner + prices

Only 10 groupes this time.

Normally the week end of the 1 st and 2nd october are  public driving on the Nurburgring. 

So one can actually have nearly 6 days of driving in a row Smiley

So , any Rennteamer wanting to join, hurry up and get your place secured. ( David ? Blueline ? Cram ? PJ ? Easy ?)

Our group is Nr 4  ( specify when you register )

I still have to see if I will be able to attend..... but hope I will

BTW : I never know in which section I must post this kind of topic Smiley
    --

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Re: Scuderia Hanseat , october 2011 session

I moved it to the Porsche Board for you Gnil - it isn't really Motorsports ...

Thanks for the info - this year I think I won't be able to come - I have no more holidays to spare - I have a Nordschleife and Leipzig visit in June and then a tour of South Africa in Nov/Dec.

I was originally planning to come in Sept but when all the problems started (between Scuderia Hanseat and Nurburgring) I decided not to keep days spare for something that didn't look like happening.

Have fun guys  

--

RT Moderator 
    - 997.1 C2S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm sports suspension/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

I might consider taking part this year!

@ Easy : Thanks for having transferred  the topic into the right place . I hope we can do a Scuderia course or sport auto course together maybe next year.

@ Porker : It would be great !!! Smiley With your track prepared M3 it will be perfect !

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Gnil, do you reckon the course is worth their asking price? i.e. do you learn a lot of new things, do you get lots of tracktime, ...

Excellent news! I am in 

@Porker Is it worth the asking price? Well, everything is relative  You will learn to drive the "ideal line" for the Grand-Prix track and Northern loop down to the centimeter. There are probably not many other courses that are this rigorous and detailed about the exact line (whether it is the fastest line or not has been discussed to death). There is sufficient free driving around the section training (i.e. over lunch and in the evening). Above all, it is a very well organized event with great atmosphere and people.

I recently took part in the PSDS Performance Training at Nürburgring and I found the line I learned at the Scuderia course to be of great help!

--

997.2 Carrera S in Carrara White. PASM-Sport Suspension (-20 mm), PSE.

987.1 Boxster S in Arctic Silver. OZ Racing Ultraleggera HLT Wheels, H&R Monotube Coil-Over Suspension, H&R Anti-Roll Bars, Sachs Racing Clutch, Single-Mass Flywheel, Recaro Pole Position Seats, PSE.

Well given that it's worth more than a Nurburging jahreskarte, it should have something in store, that's for sure!

I'll seriously consider, better to learn the right lines early on!

Thanks Gnil - I was going to PM you and see if you/Cram had any interest this year.  I'd like to do something there but was a little put off by the October date - was a little worried about what the weather would be like by Oct.. Might need to take the winter tyres 

Andy has a set of Toyo R compounds for the mighty Datsun which he is itching to try out.  I want to see how the new Boxster goes, too (suspension is being done next week so it will be track-ready soon..)

--

2011 987S, 1964 Type 1

@Porker : for the price you get a track free of all the sunday drivers, or all the wanna be, or bikes, or busses . 

On the first day you can drive freely on the Ring the whole day. Then you do about 5 times each sections during the 3 days . You get another 90 min free driving each day.  The groups being devised into beginners and 'routiniers', you get a track that is not crowded at all, you even get to do laps with no one . 

You really get to learn a very clean line, that will certainly help you know and drive the ring better. Each corner is explained and the line one leers is to the cm .( If  one can )

It is expensive ( and has gotten even more so, since the new administrators ) , but for me it is always a very special treat I do to myself 

Ask P-J , what he thinks. He has been driving the Ring for a few years now, and last year he did the course for the first time. As you are also pretty often there , his experience should be closer to yours.

@ Dave, Bluelines :  The date is not great for me. I am leaving for a vacation in Thailand on the 14th of october, so taking another few days for my pleasure just before is not great.

And , like Dave, I am slightly worried about the weather in october.

So....I will see, but I also ' need' to get my Ring dose this year 

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Thanks for the info guys, appreciated!

Regarding available places, is it quickly fully booked? There's a chance a friend of mine will join in his R26.R. Smiley

I've been asked to join but sadly, I won't be able too.

I will be doing a 6 hour race that weekend at Estoril the VdeV championship with my Cup car.

I would have love to come and meet you guys. Another time for sure...

Porker:

Regarding available places, is it quickly fully booked? There's a chance a friend of mine will join in his R26.R. Smiley

Yes, usually it gets full pretty fast. And this year could be even more as there was no spring session and the number of groups is limited to 10 ( normally about 14 )

Specify you want to be in group 4 , with Alexandre as the instructor. This group is mainly french speaking , but also un bit of english and german. The people in the group are from Switzerland, Germany, Luxembourg and sometimes a group of french with old 911's .

Alexandre is not the best coach , but he is nice and you mainly learn the line with each different instructors on each sections.

DaveGordon, Bluelines, Cram etc... are in this group when we attend.

If you want I can ask Alexandre if his group is filling up fast and what the dead line is 

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Futch:

I will be doing a 6 hour race that weekend at Estoril the VdeV championship with my Cup car.

It would of been great to see you, but your race in Estoril will certainly be much warmer then the Ring in October Smiley

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Gnil:
    Porker:

Yes, usually it gets full pretty fast. And this year could be even more as there was no spring session and the number of groups is limited to 10 ( normally about 14 )

Specify you want to be in group 4 , with Alexandre as the instructor. This group is mainly french speaking , but also un bit of english and german. The people in the group are from Switzerland, Germany, Luxembourg and sometimes a group of french with old 911's .

Alexandre is not the best coach , but he is nice and you mainly learn the line with each different instructors on each sections.

DaveGordon, Bluelines, Cram etc... are in this group when we attend.

If you want I can ask Alexandre if his group is filling up fast and what the dead line is 

Well I'm mainly checking for my friend, if he's coming I guess I'm going to come as a co-driver and get myself the Scuderia treat for myself next year. I suppose you learn something from the course as a co-driver too?

Regarding the group, that friend is Swiss too but German/English speaking, would that be a problem in group 4 and if so, is there another group that you suggest?

Smiley

Futch:

Well there are worse things in life I guess! Smiley

Make sure to keep us updated on that race!

Have fun guys - wish I could join you

--

RT Moderator 
    - 997.1 C2S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm sports suspension/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

I have sent in the application form. Group 4 as usual. While I was at it I also sent the application form for the PSDS Performance Training at Nürburgring on August 9-10 

--

987.1 Boxster S in Arctic Silver. OZ Racing Ultraleggera HLT Wheels, H&R Monotube Coil-Over Suspension, H&R Anti-Roll Bars, Sachs Racing Clutch, Single-Mass Flywheel, Recaro Pole Position Seats, PSE.

bluelines:

t I also sent the application form for the PSDS Performance Training at Nürburgring on August 9-10 

How is that course ? How does it work on the Ring ?  How do you compare it to the scuderia course ? How much free driving ?

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Porker:

Well I'm mainly checking for my friend, if he's coming I guess I'm going to come as a co-driver and get myself the Scuderia treat for myself next year. I suppose you learn something from the course as a co-driver too?

Regarding the group, that friend is Swiss too but German/English speaking, would that be a problem in group 4 and if so, is there another group that you suggest?

Smiley

Dave is english, Bluelines is Sweedish,  and there are other english speaking in the group .

But there is an all swiss german group ( I can't remember which number it is ) Maybe he will prefer that one ?  And there are a few other german speaking groups with Swiss and German participants.

As to do the course as a co-driver, you will probably get very bored and frustrated. I would not want to do that , but if for you it is ok to just stand on the side of the road and watch the others, or sit as a passenger and do the same 2 km run over and over, then you should be fine.

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Gnil, I asked because I assumed group 4 would be taught in French too, which wouldn't make much sense for him.

I know it'll be torture but I'd still prefer that to not going at all, at least I'll still learn what they teach that way. I'll keep you updated!

Gnil:
    bluelines:

t I also sent the application form for the PSDS Performance Training at Nürburgring on August 9-10 

How is that course ? How does it work on the Ring ?  How do you compare it to the scuderia course ? How much free driving ?

It was excellent! I thought it would be more like the Precision course, where you do different sections and exercises, but it turned out to only be guided and free driving for two days.

We were divided into 7 groups, from beginners who never done a lap on the Nordschleife, up to participants in the Porsche Cup who used the course as training. We were 8-10 cars per group with one instructor car in the front and one in the back. Then we drove stints with 3 laps and then a break, 3 laps then a break, etc. The car in the front got instructions and feedback from the instructor (over walkie-talkie) and then went to the back after 1 lap. So everyone got their share of instructions. The last half day was free driving, without group and instructor.

Compared to the Scuderia course there was a lot more driving and a lot less "theory" about the line. However, I think the combination of the two is a killer. I did well over 20 laps on the combined GP and Northern loop and used a lot of the things we learned at the Scuderia course about the line and position of the car.

I would highly recommend the course, hence I am doing it again Smiley

Anne was there as well, she might have some feedback too.

--

thanks for the info gnil but i want be in this year. am a bit fed up of the scuderia policy.

so have fun for me as well.

--

GT3, Cooper S & CS

Went for a blast in the Black Forest with Andy today (new Boxster suspension setup is awesome btw ).  We were thinking that maybe the Porsche course in Aug/Sept would be a better bet anyway.  €800 cheaper and probably the same amount of driving compressed into a couple of days.  The PSDS events I've been on have been very professional and well-organised..

--

2011 987S, 1964 Type 1

The scuderia have revised some of there policy ( read the email they have sent to their  customers ) There is more free driving now, more section driving, smaller and less groups. and they also state that they have revised a few other things, adapting it to dodoes world.

I will miss it  a lot if I do not go this year , but the dates are really not great for me. I will definitely go next year.

For this year I am seriously considering the PSDS course in august or september .

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Ok, if everyone else chickens out on the Scuderia course I am not going "alone" 

PSDS for sure in August and possibly also in September (as replacement for Scuderia).

--

Some pics from the PSDS course in May.

2011-05-08 at 13-09-02.jpg

2011-05-10 at 10-02-01.jpg

2011-05-09 at 09-06-51.jpg

2011-05-09 at 09-25-48.jpg

--

How much is this course? J.Seven

Scuderia EUR 2'650 (4 days)

PSDS EUR 1'822 (2 days)

--

I will see on monday if I manage to take time for the scuderia course .

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

All is now booked for me !  See you in October !!!

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/3/24 3:40 PM
    watt
    802570 1803
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448361 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    265912 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    89910 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6388 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885311 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    832003 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM