Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

FF Order Placed

I am a little hesitant to admit that I have placed a USA order for an FF. Either a fool or smart with hindsight.. Delivery is end 2011. European reviews pretty positive. Ferrari NA are pushing this car and the Cali hard with dealers. N America launch October 2011, possibly Aspen.

It will be Grigio FF or Grigio Silverstone and into MODIS when it comes alive in a couple of weeks. Interior Cuoio Toscana much as the Classic Driver car

1304196068080DSC01531.jpg

Anybody in Europe  with MODIS, Scaglietti Personalisation program and option list yet ?

Re: FF Order Placed

Definitely a smart move. I like the FF.

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Congrats! I believe that makes you the first purchaser on Rennteam! 

I hope you have a blast with it 

Congratulations - I doubt you will regret it! 

assman!!!:

Thank you. It's destined for what we call the Four Corners  States

Utah, Arizona, Colorado and my summer home  New Mexico.

Snow,Sand, Mountains and Desert. - All in one day ! 

In June I have organized with a few friends a Four Corners Expedition, will be taking the 458. With my front lifter I might even make the Monument Valley trail ! 

compliments....it is a cool car, saw one round maranello few days ago...and must admit, the wow factor is huge!!!!

--

993 c2

Congrats ! beautiful car !

Congrats .  I really like the FF . So different and seems to be such a good driver 

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Enjoy it 

Congrats, very cool choice imo!

Smiley

J.Seven

9Eleven:
    assman!!!:

In June I have organized with a few friends a Four Corners Expedition, will be taking the 458. With my front lifter I might even make the Monument Valley trail ! 

Then I am sure you will put the FF to very good use! I look forward to hearing a full review once you take delivery Smiley

Many many congrats ! despite initial impression i've come to really like this car, specially in the color combo you chose, grigio FF looks unbelievably good on every picture ive seen of it. keep us updated on how the process goes 

congrats...

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

It has received rave reviews despite its odd look. I am sure you will enjoy the car.

As to your concern about whether it will be a bust from a marketing standpoint I am fairly confident the car will sell in China and Russia. All that matters in those countries is the Ferrari badge.

However, in the US I am not so confident. It's styling is suspect and an AWD Ferrari just isn't something most Ferrari owners are interested in.

Regarding your color selection, I will not comment. My view about battleship grey on super cars is well known.Smiley

BTW, I also have experienced and heard from others about the full court press to buy either the Cali or FF.

--

Congrats, it is a rich choice

--

ONUR

11 M3 Coupe AW

09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

nberry:

It has received rave reviews despite its odd look. I am sure you will enjoy the car.

As to your concern about whether it will be a bust from a marketing standpoint I am fairly confident the car will sell in China and Russia. All that matters in those countries is the Ferrari badge.

However, in the US I am not so confident. It's styling is suspect and an AWD Ferrari just isn't something most Ferrari owners are interested in.

Regarding your color selection, I will not comment. My view about battleship grey on super cars is well known.Smiley

BTW, I also have experienced and heard from others about the full court press to buy either the Cali or FF.

--

I respect your views being such an active and longstanding poster on these forums. You may be surprised on how the " Silent Majority " that is Ferrari owners who do not frequent this and other forums view this car. It is an gamble by Ferrari necessitated by the need to maintain relevance in core markets Europe and the USA.

The FF makes little concession to top end China and Russian users who need above all cars that can be driven by chauffeurs. The 458 steering wheel controls on the FF and the DCT are not what these guys want. Their needs are met by Bentley's wood and chrome and the favorite of the Russian mafia highly spec'd Range Rovers.

I understand that nearly 70% of Cali sales come from buyers new to Ferrari. From what I am told core enthusiasts cannot support 7,000 plus car sales a year and are relatively stable even declining percentage of high end car buyers. The company needs to evolve to survive and their buisness plan which is well documented shows clearly the distinct streams of road car models for the future.

Having said all that every time I drive my 458 I am still in amazement at what an awesome car it is. The Spider  which arrives in May next year will be even more fun in my Four Corner States.

If the FF turns out to be no fun, unwieldy or just plain lacking in road presence it will be back to the dealer for a baseball or football player to indulge in instant gratification.  

9Eleven:
    assman!!!:

STOP IT!!! You are making me very envious!!!! Smiley

Seriously though, many congratulations, a wonderful car. Smiley

--

Porsche Cayman S PDK Aqua Blue / Ocean Blue  (November 10) : Toyota Yaris D4D (Oct 10) 

more pics on the 458 in the meantime  

I don't believe you will be disappointed with the performance of the FF.

Also, I understand as you rightly point out Ferrari needed to expand its models to attract new buyers. Smiley

--

BjoernB:

more pics on the 458 in the meantime  

I am going to make a nice photo record of our tour to the Four Corners. I will post it in late June.

In the meantime I am shipping my 458 West shortly.

As you can see it is Rosso Corsa, Cuoio, Daytona's and smoked lights. It has lifter for the more demanding trails. I really like this car although I have not tracked it and most probably won't. I ordered a BMW 1 M for that indulgence.

1304348704884DSC01441.jpgDSC01440.jpgDSC01442.jpg

looks great, very classic combo. I'm not a fan of the smoked lights though. 

Congrats on the FF order, fantastic car. Nick, in Miami I only see Calis, rarely 458... People just don't need the extra performance... A folding roof and two small seats however are nice...

Enmanuel:

Problem in the US are those side lights, one orange one red. Oh for Euro spec !

9Eleven:
    Enmanuel:

Problem in the US are those side lights, one orange one red. Oh for Euro spec !

Ohhh that makes sense. 

Congrats. I don't imagine for one second you will be handing it straight back to your dealer after all the positive reviews it's had.

I Just got off the phone to my dealer who called to give me a status update on my new Cali. He was ordering his FF demo for September delivery whilst we were chatting and it's going to be nero daytona with the same leather that you've chosen and the new "tagliatelle" seat edging option. I'm going to go and have a test drive when it arrives. He told me to remember my cheque book when I do

ISUK:

Congrats. I don't imagine for one second you will be handing it straight back to your dealer after all the positive reviews it's had.

I Just got off the phone to my dealer who called to give me a status update on my new Cali. He was ordering his FF demo for September delivery whilst we were chatting and it's going to be nero daytona with the same leather that you've chosen and the new "tagliatelle" seat edging option. I'm going to go and have a test drive when it arrives. He told me to remember my cheque book when I do

Hi Iain,

Thank you and all the others on Rennteam for the positive comments. Makes a big change to the Ferrari Chat wannabee's. Here's a rendering in Grigio Silverstone. I think it wold look better without shields and with the dark diamond finish sports wheels

FerrariFF_Page_1.jpgFerrariFF_Page_2.jpgFerrariFF_Page_3.jpgFerrariFF_Page_4.jpgDoes Does your dealer have MODIS for the FF already ? I hope you will post a Scaglietti Personalsation detail on the FF for us colonials who have to wait an age for everything. 

The one good thing I got invited to lunch with Frederico P after Monza and a personal tour of the Atelier.

I said lunch is fine with lots of Dai Dai ice cream but what I really want is to see my car on the production line.

Interesting that UK car mags reviews are far more positive than US, here people just don't get hatchback shapes. Wanted an RS3 but Audi NA are walking scared of JD Power reviews of DCT's. Lucky I got the S4  with DCT an urban rocket.

I would just change the color to red!

SciFrog:
    I would just change the color to red!

No way! gray, black, white, and blue make this car look beyond classy. 

Very nice!  I would probably take the wheels a little bit darker grey.

--

Cayenne S White/Espresso delivery Oct 2011

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688516 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408689 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255520 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234773 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65388 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4634 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857566 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773352 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM