Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Porsche 991 GT3 to include GT1 motorsport engine... Thread Closed

wow....  that's amazing!!!  good job!!!

Good stuff Anthony!
    Is it just me, or does the front left fender sit a little bit high? Might be that that was the outline of the camouflage though...

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Thanks again guys! Joost, after inspecting a bunch of different spyshots for my renderings, it appears that the camo over the front tail lights extends over the front bumper. When that's all removed, the headlights should have a much steeper rake creating the illusion that the front wings are higher. Here is a rendering of the front end I did a while ago.

Awesome work

Amazing pics

You are very talented Carrara. Keep on good work 

Wonderful work, but I am confused by the "shadow lines" starting at the front near the gas fill cap and reaching horizontally across the top of the door over the handle then over the rear panel and across the back bumper.  The lines give the impression that the car has creases below the lines.  Can you eliminate those lines?

The rendering was based off of a spy photograph, and I air brushed most of the car to remove the camo. The shadows on the side of the car were already there, and are staying, and I added the sharp shadow on the rear end to make it look more aggressive, and to make the rear end look slimmer.

Ron, here is an even better black version.

I am speechless Smiley

--
    Happy Driving

Carrara:

Ron, here is an even better black version.

SmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmiley

SmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmiley

WoW......

fantastic pictures.

IMPRESSIVE !! 

I have one tiny little remark though, on the rear rendering the tip of the taillight goes upward a little and it doesn't exactly meet with the line of the bumper gap. If you'd make the light go down a bit more instead of up, imo you'd be spot on. only meant as constructive criticism, your work is amazing !

Thanks again everyone, and thank you for the criticism Emmanuel. I understand what you mean. In the original 1920x wide version, this problem isn't evident, but for some reason on the scaled version it is. I think it's just the coloring of the edge of the tail light on the black.

Carrara:

Here's your Carrara White C4S Ron. ;)

Very nice! Yellow now please Smiley

--
    Gee Tee Two, dangit she is fun Chevy Tahoe, dangit are you a big pig

Trust me when I say it looks best left black. ;)

This thread is getting boring. We need to see the real deal now! 

I know! I can't wait until the end of August. We either need some better spy pictures, or some leaked information. Here is a video of a 991 prototype sliding around and hitting the redline for all those interested. It sounds like Porsche is really trying in the sound department! It sounds like one of the non-DFI engines (997.1, but not as raspy, almost like a GT3), and it's very loud (fast forward to the end of the video, there is no audio in the beginning, and make sure you turn your speakers up at the end because the video has a very low volume)!

I am ready to see the real deal as well.

I am convinced that this 991 iteration is a major and absolutely necessary advance for Porsche.  The 991 must be a substantial and convincing improvement over the existing series, or the "911" two seater sports car concept will continue to decline and become more and more a niche brand within Porsche's (VW's) overall brand.  An important niche, no doubt, but a declining one. 

From what I have gleaned thus far--and much of this information comes from this fine Rennteam thread--I think Porsche will have success in meeting the challenge.  There seem to be important performance improvements, and major interior improvements (which are important to affluent buyers who can compare with other brands).  External design changes, IMHO, remain too conservative.  But overall, I think Porsche will have a winner here. 

But finally, the real winner will come when--whether we enthusiasts like it or not--the 991 gets truly different performance technology--hybrid or another type--which will still deliver fabulous performance.  That's why we are going to hear the Porsche Intelligent Performance mantra over and over and over again in the coming years...

Wonderbar:

I am ready to see the real deal as well.

I am convinced that this 991 iteration is a major and absolutely necessary advance for Porsche.  The 991 must be a substantial and convincing improvement over the existing series, or the "911" two seater sports car concept will continue to decline and become more and more a niche brand within Porsche's (VW's) overall brand.  An important niche, no doubt, but a declining one. 

From what I have gleaned thus far--and much of this information comes from this fine Rennteam thread--I think Porsche will have success in meeting the challenge.  There seem to be important performance improvements, and major interior improvements (which are important to affluent buyers who can compare with other brands).  External design changes, IMHO, remain too conservative.  But overall, I think Porsche will have a winner here. 

But finally, the real winner will come when--whether we enthusiasts like it or not--the 991 gets truly different performance technology--hybrid or another type--which will still deliver fabulous performance.  That's why we are going to hear the Porsche Intelligent Performance mantra over and over and over again in the coming years...

When Wolfgang Duerheimer was the head of Porsche R&D, it seemed like he was really pushing towards Hybrid power, very low emissions, and 4 cylinder engines (he even said that we need a new 912, and a plug in 911, WITH the 991). The new R&D guy, Wolfgang Hatz, has very different views. He wants high revving, loud, and awesome sounding motorsports engines, and he can't see putting anything else rather than a flat-6 in the 911. He also feels the 911 Turbo has a boring sound, and said that will be fixed soon... Another thing of interest he mentioned, he wants the entire 911 line to feel more "GT3" when you drive it. The only thing I don't like that he said, is he thinks PDK is the future, and "something has to be done about the GT3's manual transmission", whatever that means.

While I think the 991 will have a lot of "GT" features, judging by the interior pictures, I still think it will be very focused. The center console is Panamera style, but has a much better sloping flow, and only half of the buttons. Another plus is with the manual transmission, the gear lever is very close to the steering wheel, allowing for very fast shifts.

Thanks Carrara, good reply post.  I like the high revving, sportier sounding approach under Hatz, as it reinforces and conveys Porsche's racing history and commitment.  But I suspect that Porsche's stated direction (and marketing) of "Intelligent Performance" will push it toward technologies beyond more and more powerful fuel powered engines.  A very senior Porsche official recently told me that the future of the company is centered around the 918 developments as applied to all series models.  A bit vague, but I get the clear impression that Porsche wants to be the undisputed leader in new technologies that provide both race engineered performance and fuel economy.

I agree with you that Porsche wants to be the leader in technology. In fact, when VW took them over, I remember a VW official saying that same thing. Honestly though, I think it's best for the company that Duerheimer left.

I think that when Duerheimer was laying out the brand portfolio  for Porsche, he was viewing Porsche as a standalone company. Porsche was facing  pressure to reduce fuel consumption across the product portfolio or face significant gas guzzler taxes, particularly, here in the US. With Porsche now being part of VW,  they get to take advantage of the broad VW product portfilio in meeting those fuel consumption requirements.  Hopefully, my assumption are correct and Porsche is now free to focus on performance, while looking at reasonable ways to reduce fuel consumption without sacrificing core brand values.

--

2006 997 C2S Cab, Triple Black,  2006 Cayenne Titanium Iceland Silver Metalic New York

@carrera: do you think the new 991 will have 4 large LEDs as the headlights ? with a stretched circle shape front ? I like the white with the contrasting black roof.

--

997.2 PDK C2S

think now we will have to wait for spy pictures when Porsche shoots the final 991 for their marketing collaterals (brochures, videos, etc).

--

997.2 PDK C2S

Fuchwheeler: First, awesome username, and thanks for the compliments! The black roof on the white rendering is actually a glass top roof. About the headlights, nobody can be too sure. There is a huge piece of camo covering the lights. I think they will have the 4 LEDs, but not like the 918, like the Panamera (as pictured). For the shape, I think they will be a bit more ovular and stretched, but still strikingly 911.

Just because, here is a rendering I made some time ago. It's basically just a little rendition of the 911 without circular lights.

If these are the real headlights … the 991 will be flop and we should change the label to Ferrari or Aston Martin or better to keep our 997 (the last real Porsche at W. Wiedeking time)

Conner

SORRY for my simple English !

no no no that cannot be earnest!

I like these headlights!

I like them too. Different and modern, without loosing the 911 heritage...

I hope that wont be the final version of the head lights. its like a downgrade

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    783457 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    443206 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263598 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    262184 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    86242 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6070 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881921 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    820960 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM