Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Panamera Turbo S - Official Info & Photos

With its new top model in the Gran Turismo model line, Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG, Stuttgart, is raising the bar for sporty four-door cars in the luxury class by yet another notch. The new Panamera Turbo S is a unique combination of performance and efficiency, driving dynamics and comfort. The 4.8 litre, V8 biturbo charged engine delivers 550 hp (410 kW), ten percent or 50 hp (37 kW) more than the already very powerful engine in the Panamera Turbo. By the same token, the torque also increases from 700 to 750 Nm. In the “Sport” and “Sport Plus” mode of the standard Sport Chrono Package Turbo and during kick-down in normal mode, the eight cylinder engine delivers fully 800 Nm with the so-called overboost function. 

The power pack is behind the new top-of-the-range Panamera’s record sprint times. Thanks to Launch Control, 100 km/h (62 mph) is reached in 3.8 seconds; the top speed is 306 km/h (191 mph). Despite the increased performance, fuel consumption remains at the moderate level of the Panamera Turbo – yet another example of “Porsche Intelligent Performance”. In the NEDC the Gran Turismo covers 100 kilometres (62 miles) on 11.5 litres of fuel. Fuel consumption falls to 11.3 litres per 100 km (25 mpg imp.) when fitted with the 19 inch, all-season tyres with optimised rolling resistance developed for the Panamera by Michelin.

The increased performance compared with the Panamera Turbo can be attributed to two main enhancements: Improved turbochargers with titanium-aluminium turbine wheels and modified engine control. The use of the innovative titanium-aluminium alloy reduces the weight of the turbine and compressor wheel. This results in a lower moment of inertia and thus in improved and more agile engine responsiveness.

Even for a top luxury class model, Porsche’s new top-of-the-range Panamera boasts an extraordinarily comprehensive equipment level. In keeping with the sporty concept of the high-performance Panamera, it features the most important driving dynamics control systems as standard. For example, Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC), an active roll stabilisation system, nips in the bud the vehicle’s tendency to lean when cornering, thus enhancing agility and comfort in equal measure. Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV Plus) applies a variable torque split to the rear wheels combined with an electronically controlled rear differential lock, thus ensuring superior traction and therefore greater agility in every driving situation. The steering system uses the speed-dependent Servotronic. The Sport Chrono Package Turbo, which tunes the suspension and power unit, making them even sportier by pressing the additional “Sport Plus” button, is also fitted as standard, as is the sports exhaust system for an even more emotional engine sound. 

The sporty character of the new Panamera Turbo S is apparent not just in its performance but is also reflected on the exterior. The 20-inch Turbo II wheels with increased rear axle track width, side skirts from the Porsche Exclusive range and the adaptive extending four-way rear spoiler in the exterior colour ensure particularly sporty performance and look. The fusion of exclusivity and sportiness is conveyed in the interior by the bi-colour leather finish, fitted as standard. The new combination of black/cream is offered exclusively for the new Panamera Turbo S with agate grey/cream also being added as an exclusive combination from the autumn.

The Panamera Turbo S costs 167,076 euro in Germany, including VAT and country-specific equipment. Deliveries start in June 2011. 

P11_0283.jpg

P11_0285.jpg

P11_0280.jpg

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Re: Panamera Turbo S - Official Info & Photos

turbos1.jpgturbos2.jpgturbos3.jpg

Hey RC,

It had to happen. What with Ferrari's FF doing the dash to 100km/h in 3.7 seconds!

Speaking of which, I'm doing a snow track test in the FF soon. Will post it up here once it is done.

--

Current steeds in the stable include: Porsche 996/911 (2004) '40 Jahre' Anniversary - 363bhp, Porsche-VW 914 (1973) 1.7 - 78bhp, Volkswagen Tiguan (2008) 2.0TFSi - 200bhp, Volkswagen Touareg (2009) V6 - 280bhp, Volkswagen Golf Mk3 (1993) VR6 - 189bhp

Sounds great, Kiran! Can't wait to read it. 

As to the Panamera Turbo S: I was very very tempted...for a minute or two but my brain started working again.  This is an amazing sports sedan and I would buy it in a second...if it would be slightly smaller(outside) and if it would have five seats.

Waiting for the next gen...I guess.  

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

RC, In my opinion, I think the Bentley Continental GT represents a much more exciting drive for a car full of adults. I think four adults in the Panamera is fine, but I am not sure if it all really makes sense!?... I mean... It is still a compromise of sorts - space, comfort.

Anyway, if only they had of put vomit green calipers on it and a edition 918 sticker, then we'd probably both have thrown down our deposits hey? hahaha.

By the way, I recently tested the Golf R in Oman and I was really impressed, it was a wait to get the car press registered here (it can be like that sometimes) and so it finally rolled out and I managed to keep it for a few days and write it up. The article is here:

http://www.blyfooze.com/2011/03/golf-r-a-270bhp-wolf-in-sheeps-clothing/

---

--

Current steeds in the stable include: Porsche 996/911 (2004) '40 Jahre' Anniversary - 363bhp, Porsche-VW 914 (1973) 1.7 - 78bhp, Volkswagen Tiguan (2008) 2.0TFSi - 200bhp, Volkswagen Touareg (2009) V6 - 280bhp, Volkswagen Golf Mk3 (1993) VR6 - 189bhp

The Bentley Continental GT is a much nicer car...from a design point of view. However, regarding performance and sporty drive feel, I think the Panamera Turbo S is the much better deal. Also the Panamera Turbo S is much cheaper and easier to maintain in many countries.

I'm a Porsche type of guy, can't help it and the Panamera Turbo S would have been perfect for me as a family car but four seats...no way.

--

RC:

I'm a Porsche type of guy, can't help it and the Panamera Turbo S would have been perfect for me as a family car but four seats...no way.

How much €K would Porsche Exclusive want to covert the rear seats to a bench for three,as per your requirementsSmiley

Nevertheless, I'm sure soon a Tuner will offer that conversion.

--

"Form follows function"

A conversion isn't possible due to constructional restrictions. 

I already asked.

It is however possible that a facelift or latest the next generation will have this option.

--

RC:

A conversion isn't possible due to constructional restrictions. 

I already asked.

It is however possible that a facelift or latest the next generation will have this option.

So, even the Long version which is due before the FL, will also be 4 seater.

--

"Form follows function"

RC:

As to the Panamera Turbo S: I was very very tempted...for a minute or two but my brain started working again.  This is an amazing sports sedan and I would buy it in a second...if it would be slightly smaller(outside) and if it would have five seats.

Waiting for the next gen...I guess.  

Pana Turbo S is a fantastic car and even from price point of view a decent offer. IMHO if Pana then either Turbo S or forthcoming diesel model.

I will never buy a Porsche Diesel. Never. This is kind of a personal ideology, a Porsche and Diesel just don't match(in my brain ).

--

oh yes it does match, RC .... P-Diesle.jpg

Plattkaefer:

oh yes it does match, RC .... 

I was talking about my brain. Smiley

Porsche needs to build Diesel models but this doesn't mean that I have to buy one. Smiley

A neighbor has a Porsche tractor and he seems to be prouder of it than I am of my 911 Turbo. Smiley Nuts... Smiley Smiley

--

Pretty hefty increase in cost over the Panamera Turbo.  Does the Turbo S package include ceramic brakes as standard?

Also, is the color shown here a new color?  Looks like a dark silver/grey.

I particularly'll settle for a cayenne turbo and 5 seats, its more than enough trunk and lower price. "for when a cayenne turbo s 550cv?

spoiler.jpg

Wonderbar:

Pretty hefty increase in cost over the Panamera Turbo.  Does the Turbo S package include ceramic brakes as standard?

Nope, they are an option. 8.710 Euro extra cash in Germany. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

great performance for such a barge.

then again, i find these cars far too large for what they offer in terms of space.

while it surely is personal preference, smaller 4 door saloons make more sense imo.

cls 63, e 63 m5 and in my case c63 offer more than enough for daily commuting.

then again its never about just daily commuting....i am not making sense...

disregard this post

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Fantastic car and performance.

Will be ably eny of the competitors to meet its figures?

I doubt so.

Porsche is the KING of the hill

It's very fast, and I love it. But why does Porsche render all of their shots these days? Would it kill them to get a photographer to take some real pictures? Real pictures are SO much better.

OMG that is some stunning performance... It is just unreal. I want to drive one.

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

A truly fantastic car....but is it normal that a Panamera is faster then a GT3, a 996 Turbo or even a Carrera S ? Not sure that it make any sense to have the sedan faster then most sports car in the same make

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

It is the top of the line model, so it needs to achieve a certain performance.

You can't expect the top model to be slower than a 997 Carrera for example.

I actually love the Panamera Turbo S but like I said before, it looks huge, it has four seats only, no deal with me I'm afraid. Maybe the next gen. 

--

Panamera Turbo S spoiler is so friggin cool...

is it different than the other spoilers ??

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

It's painted to match the car. Otherwise standard Turbo spoiler.

Wonderbar:

I actually thought yes but I realized they are not included. Which puts the high price tag into a different perspective, not sure how good of a deal this car really is without standard PCCB. Smiley

--

Okay----a stupid question.  The specifications indicate the car comes with 19 inch Michelins, but also with 20 inch rims.  What am I not understanding here?

Also, I am still curious about the exterior color.  Looks a bit different from GT Silver or Platinum.  Often the Turbo S versions come with a special color...

As far as I know, the Panamera Turbo S comes standard with 20'' rims, thus 20'' tires.

However, all rims, incl. the 19'' ones, are optional free of cost with the exception of the painted ones.

So you can actually choose which one you want(PCCB is possible with 20'' only as far as I remember).

The paint looks like the GT-silver met. but I'm not really sure.

--

RC:
    Wonderbar:

I actually thought yes but I realized they are not included. Which puts the high price tag into a different perspective, not sure how good of a deal this car really is without standard PCCB. Smiley

Hmm... If you add all drive dynamics options to Pana Turbo and add sidescirts you will have to pay 150.283,00€ in Germany with Mwst for it. Now add power kit X80(which is NOT available for normal Pana Turbo as option any more) for 16695,70€ and rear spacers you will have to pay 167.276,20€ for it.

See? Actually, since all drive dynamics options are standard on Pana Turbo S its price is pretty much OK I guess.

BTW, new paint is Achatgraumetallic code N0, available for delivery from 09/2011.

I have configured the new Panamera TTS and compared with mine Panamera TT.

I have put exactly all the same options. Mine is/was 159.279 Euro the TTS is 176.828 Euro.

Which makes 17.549 Euro difference for:

3 km/h max speed, and 0.2 seconds faster acceleration.

I use the max speed every year for only a few minutes. The launch control only 1 or my 2 times. Only if I need it for my ego I would pay this 17.549 Euro. Hopefully I don´t have such an ego.

--

AM
    www.aldo-yachting.de

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    691157 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410237 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256270 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235429 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65757 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4747 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858874 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775188 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM