Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

RC's Anniversary..

Just noticed that RC registered on this day in 2002.

Congratulations Christian... was that the first time Rennteam was unveiled.?  Smiley

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

Re: RC's Anniversary..

Congrats from me too  Rennteam has come a long way over the past 9 years 

--

RT Moderator 
    - 997.1 C2S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm sports suspension/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Many congrats RC, and thanks for contributing so much and making this place so awesome. I hope someday I can celebrate my 9 year anniversary on RT 

Congrats Christian, seems as if I'm not that far behind you. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Congrats RC  Thank you for Rennteam  and 9 respectful years of insightful and valuable information

--

Congrats! 

--

997.2 Carrera S in Carrara White. PASM-Sport Suspension (-20 mm), PSE.

987.1 Boxster S in Arctic Silver. OZ Racing Ultraleggera HLT Wheels, H&R Monotube Coil-Over Suspension, H&R Anti-Roll Bars, Sachs Racing Clutch, Single-Mass Flywheel, Recaro Pole Position Seats, PSE.

Congratulations RC! Smiley

--

There is no try. Just do.

Congrats RC Smiley.Time flies Smiley

--
    Happy Driving

Many congrats. What was your first post? Did you introduce RT or someting alike? I'm happy being here and I read RT on a daily basis. Many thanks to the whole RT team as well!
    --
    Kind regards, Conny 

Porsche 997.2 Turbo S  *  BMW X5 M

Many Congratulations!!!!!

Congrats Christian. I remember back in 1998 when you use to post on Funcarsonline and we had many great discussions. I remember when you had your 996, and a suspension part broke at high speed on the highway Smiley gosh that was long long time ago. The stories about your red 996TT with black wheels were also great to follow. Then you made Rennteam, and most of us from Funcarsonline switch to Rennteam and made this site the best car forum in the net thanks to you and your great team. I think I can say Rennteam made my life better thru out the years, I´ve learn so much here and shared so many stories and experiences that this become my "cyber" family Smiley

Congrats again Christian and I wish all the best for you, your family and this wonderful site.  Smiley

J.Seven

Congratulations Christian! And thank you for offering an informative P-car site.

--

"Dream as impractical, irrational and unnecessary as that may be... Here's to the Dreamers!" -- Porsche AG.

John H:

Just noticed that RC registered on this day in 2002.

Congratulations Christian... was that the first time Rennteam was unveiled.?  Smiley

That's a very good idea Smiley

MANY CONGRATS CHRISTIAN SmileySmileySmiley Smiley

J.Seven:

Congrats Christian. I remember back in 1998 when you use to post on Funcarsonline and we had many great discussions. I remember when you had your 996, and a suspension part broke at high speed on the highway Smiley gosh that was long long time ago. The stories about your red 996TT with black wheels were also great to follow. Then you made Rennteam, and most of us from Funcarsonline switch to Rennteam and made this site the best car forum in the net thanks to you and your great team. I think I can say Rennteam made my life better thru out the years, I´ve learn so much here and shared so many stories and experiences that this become my "cyber" family Smiley

Congrats again Christian and I wish all the best for you, your family and this wonderful site.  Smiley

J.Seven

Great post !!!!! I wished I had discovered rennteam many many years ago !!!!!

Many congrats Christian !!! you have achieved something really vital for us !! Smiley

--

Gratuliere Christian, und hier zum "renneam geburtstag":

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Congratulations!

Oops...sorry guys...haven't even realized that there is an anniversary...

Thanks guys, nine years, nine wonderful and exciting years. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

J.Seven:

J.Seven

Wow, you really remember. Smiley  Smiley

The main reason why we(CR and me), chose to create a new Porsche site on the internet was actually the attitude of the owner of Funcarsonline. CR and me couldn't put up with it anymore, so we started something new. By that time, my daughter was still very young and I had to take care of her because my wife couldn't, she was working. So I spent nights over nights with CR to create Rennteam, we actually used a new forum software and I had no clue about PHP or forum software systems, so we just took a jump into the cold water and did it.

Thinking of the past, I wish we had some official support from Porsche but it never happened. They started connecting on a very low level but apparently Mr. Wiedeking wasn't really a great friend of the internet, so nothing more happened since that time.

I know that there are other Porsche/sports car sites on the internet but I think that Rennteam is special because we have lots of actual owners/drivers of fantastic sports cars. Another reason is maybe the fact that we try to stick to some sort of "official attitude", we try to stay close to Porsche and their original products, same goes to other sports cars.

We also try very hard to keep advertisement and false/fake reports of products from you, it isn't always easy(they try again and again and again) but the DELETE button is very conveniently located... Smiley Other forums are actually paid for promoting certain products, which is not what we want. If we think something is bad, we report it. If we think something is good, we report that too. For free, we don't take money from anybody.

As to the Google advertisement banner: This was the only way to keep running cost low. We still don't cover running cost with the Google ads stuff but at least we're looking at a smaller bill. Taking money from our users was never an option, this is why there is no PayPal donation link and this is why we don't accept donations, even if we had many many offers in the past(thank you, guys...we really appreciate it!).

That said, thank you all, we love you guys. Without the users, Rennteam wouldn't exist.

On a personal note: I have to apologize if I'm sometimes rude but this isn't my intention. I'm a human too, I work, I have a family, I sometimes take my personal problems to Rennteam and this isn't OK. Sorry for that but I'm just a human being, like everybody else. Smiley

THANK YOU! Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Let me also add my congratulations Christian for developing such a truly excellent internet site. 

--

"Don't worry about avoiding temptation, as you grow older it will avoid you"  Churchill

--

997TT RS Tuning stage II,2011 Cayenne Turbo

RC:

On a personal note: I have to apologize if I'm sometimes rude but this isn't my intention. I'm a human too, I work, I have a family, I sometimes take my personal problems to Rennteam and this isn't OK. Sorry for that but I'm just a human being, like everybody else. Smiley

THANK YOU! Smiley

For real, frank, open Porsche information there's only one source - RC. And certainly no reason to apologize for anything. Thank you!

--

"Dream as impractical, irrational and unnecessary as that may be... Here's to the Dreamers!" -- Porsche AG.

Thanks to RC and CR for a wonderful site!!!
    --

Mike

2005 Carrera GT + 2008 Tesla Roadster +2010 Panamera Turbo + 2001 BMW Z8 + 1972 BMW 3.0 CSi +2009 Bentley Arnage T

Very well said.Smiley

I to remember the fracture between the owner of funcarsonline and you. You were very outspoken. When you decided to start Rennteam I was skeptical as to its viability. Funcars had a good drawing and I felt your's would be more European in participation. Nevertheless, I quickly found that having an international input was far superior to a domestic one. In addition, the posters seemed to have superior car knowledge and did not attract poseurs (although I was accused of being oneSmiley)

Needless to say, I think all participants appreciate the prohibition of unwanted ads (honestly I was not aware there was a Google bannerSmiley).Smiley

As far as Porsche connection, I certainly understand their hesitancy in fully committing to the board. That said, you and other members still get a lot of information on products prior to their release elsewhere.

You are to be applauded for what you accomplished with this board.SmileySmileySmiley

--

Thank you RC and all the administrators and moderators for this wonderful site!

Thank you for all your different inputs in making this site the best one on the net ! 

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

I too remember the Funcars falling out, you guys did a great job creating and nuturing RT, it is quite a unique site which has a distictive and knowledgable audience - Congratulations to you both

--

2009 997 GT2

Congratulations!!!!

Congrats RC!

Time flies waoh!!!

What happened to old friends? Luigi? Pierre? etc.

Futch:

Congrats RC!

Time flies waoh!!!

What happened to old friends? Luigi? Pierre? etc.

Pierre is still lurking as far as I know. 

Luigi? Don't have a clue. Smiley

Times really flies, I wish we could finally meet. Smiley

Maybe in Munich? SmileySmiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    774795 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    440327 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262070 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260308 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    84834 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5442 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

879387 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    814209 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM