Crown

Board: Motor Sports Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Save Nurburgring

Gnil:
    Porsche-Jeck:
    then I received an email from Sport Auto saying the dates for the Perfektionstraining are set, but they're still negotiating the price due to a "juicy increase".

what are the dates ? Where does one register ?

Here are the dates:

You can get the registration from Petra Zeltner (reference: "Sportauto Perfektionstraining":

p.zeltner@sachsenring.de

18. + 19. April 2011

28. + 29. Juli 2011(am 29.7. NUR bis 14.00 Uhr, Preis wird entsprechend reduziert)

08. + 09. September 2011

--

public roads: Porsche 987 S Seal/Cocoa, toll road Smiley : Porsche 997 GT3 Arctic/Black

Porsche-Jeck:

Gnil:
    Porsche-Jeck:
    then I received an email from Sport Auto saying the dates for the Perfektionstraining are set, but they're still negotiating the price due to a "juicy increase".

what are the dates ? Where does one register ?

Here are the dates:

You can get the registration from Petra Zeltner (reference: "Sportauto Perfektionstraining":

p.zeltner@sachsenring.de

18. + 19. April 2011

28. + 29. Juli 2011(am 29.7. NUR bis 14.00 Uhr, Preis wird entsprechend reduziert)

08. + 09. September 2011

Thanks P-J. The only date I could attend is 8 + 9 sept. ( so I'll have to see between the scuderia course and this one )

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

On a lighter note Smiley The 73 corners are still sorted in the same order (checked it last weekend Smiley) and I finally found a nice parking place for my toy near the 'Ring. Guess which car is parked next to mine ? Yes, Gauss' fab 2-11 Smiley Amazing garage - GT2RS with Norwegian numberplate and GT3 RS with Arizona numberplate - looking forward to meet Gauss on Sunday Smiley

--

public roads: Porsche 987 S Seal/Cocoa, toll road Smiley : Porsche 997 GT3 Arctic/Black

Have fun on Sunday guys

An Arizona number plate? Wow, must have taken a wrong turning at the Grand Canyon  

--

RT Moderator 
    - 997.1 C2S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm sports suspension/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

easy_rider911:

An Arizona number plate? Wow, must have taken a wrong turning at the Grand Canyon  

Hahaha, Easy - I'd say the right turning Smiley Looking forward to meet you there again, Easy - it's the ultimate Porsche heaven (you know it....) Smiley

--

Porsche-Jeck:
    I'd say the right turning Smiley Looking forward to meet you there again, Easy - it's the ultimate Porsche heaven (you know it....) Smiley

Yup - I knew you'd say that Smiley

I can't wait to be there again SmileySmileySmileySmiley

--

RT Moderator 
    - 997.1 C2S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm sports suspension/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Porsche-Jeck:

Norwegian numberplate and GT3 RS 

This is probably also one of our member Smiley

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Is anyone going this weekend? I'm leaving now, look out for a Swiss R26.R!

Porker, the GP circuit and the North Loop are both closed today. You probably went to watch the RCN race then.

PJ and I will be at the Ring all day tomorrow (Sunday). See you then Smiley
    --

Gauss:

PJ and I will be at the Ring all day tomorrow (Sunday). See you then Smiley
    --

Looking forward to see you again, Gauss Smiley I'll bring a warm jacket as your 2-11 has no seat heating Smiley @ Porker: we'll watch out for you Smiley

@ Gnil: actually there are 2 GT2 RS with Norwegian numberplates parked at the 'Ring - probably the only ones registered in Norway Smiley 

--

Seems like a nice day at the 'Ring.

Wish I could spare some time for a few laps today but won't be a ble to (luckily had my "fix" friday @ Spa).

Enjoy guys!

Weather looks perfect - here's a live webcam shot taken at 12.35pm (local time) today.

screen-capture.jpg

--

RT Moderator 

Gauss, I arrived saturday night so we could have an early start sunday morning. I've seen your 2-Eleven I think, sadly I only realised on the way home that it was yours, I completely forgot you'd sold your Elise. I even waved at a black Elise. Smiley

I've seen Porsche-Jeck's GT3 a couple of times on track, sadly never at the zufahrt, so no chance to say hi. The R26.R was an absolute blast, it feels like a mini-GT3!

No worries Porker, the season has only just begun. I'm sure there will be plenty of occasions to meet Smiley

The day was superb Smiley Weather was perfect with plenty of sunshine and not too cold, which was my biggest concern in the 2-11 with no heater. Smiley

There was not much traffic either (for a Sunday) and hardly any motorcycles, which were excellent conditions to start into the new season. Smiley 

The 2-11 drives phenomenally. I've only spent one day in the car but I can already say that it's far superior to the Elise in terms of driving dynamics. It's much more effective on track. I'm very impressed!! 

It was a real joy to meet PJ again and his fantastic GT3. Smiley and I'm especially happy that he volunteered for a pax lap in the 2-11 and actually enjoyed it !! Thanks, buddy ! Smiley Smiley

By the way, next Sunday (27th) the North Loop and the GP circuit (shortened VLN course) will be driveable as a combination! I won't miss that opportunity Smiley Anybody else coming ?

Here are a couple of photos of PJ and me, enjoy Smiley

RT911ring.jpg

RT211ring.jpg

--

Gauss & Porsche-Jeck, I'm glad you guys had a great time  When I checked the webcam, the weather looked really perfect (blue skies, cool & sunny) and the Nordschleife looked surprisingly quiet - in fact, it looked so quiet that I almost suspected that the track was temporarily closed due to an accident or spillage

P-J's GT3 still looks the business - that brave warrior has put in some sterling duty at the 'Ring. It is being properly used in the place it was born to be used

Gauss, your 2-11 looks superb - with your white helmet (and black visor), you almost look like 'The Stig's Luxembourgish Cousin'  

--

RT Moderator 

Thanks for the report and the great pics.

Gauss - do you use the HANS-System with your helmet during track-driving?   I think I have spotted the chrome button on your helmet.

Blueflame

@Gauss,

about the 27th...what is the occasion for the combination and wouldn't you expect a lot of traffic for that sunday ? At least, most of the folks with German part-time number plates (04 to 10) would not be able to attend...hmmm, tempting....

Cool stuff! I still have 10 days to wait... ;-)

BTW, how's the new Hatzenbach?

pierre:

Cool stuff! I still have 10 days to wait... ;-)

BTW, how's the new Hatzenbach?

10 looong days! Your fingers and toes must be itching already to want to drive, weather is perfect! Smiley Hang in there Smiley

Can't say much about the new Hatzenbach just yet.

d997h:

@Gauss,

about the 27th...what is the occasion for the combination and wouldn't you expect a lot of traffic for that sunday ? At least, most of the folks with German part-time number plates (04 to 10) would not be able to attend...hmmm, tempting....

There is no special occasion for the combination AFAIK, d997h. There are a couple of dates on which you can drive the complete VLN course. Have a look at the "Opening Times" website. The next time they are offering this, will be in May :  http://www.nuerburgring.de/angebote/fahrerlebnisse/touristenfahrten-nordschleife/oeffnungszeiten-nordschleife.html

I suppose traffic (per square meter Smiley) will be the same like last Sunday. On one hand, there may be more participants coming due to this "special" event, but on the other hand, the circuit will be prolonged with the addition of the "Sprintstrecke", so it will be balanced IMO.

I urge you to come Smiley

blueflame:

Gauss - do you use the HANS-System with your helmet during track-driving?   I think I have spotted the chrome button on your helmet.

blueflame, you have eagle eyes Smiley Smiley  My helmet is indeed HANS compatible and equipped with those clips. I will definitely buy the corresponding HANS device, once I know which angle (20° or 30°) is appropriate for my driving seat. I strongly advise the use of a HANS system. Better be safe than sorry Smiley

easy_rider911:

... with your white helmet (and black visor), you almost look like 'The Stig's Luxembourgish Cousin'  

SmileySmileySmiley

That black visor is a "must". I once made the mistake that I drove with the clear visor towards direct sunlight. I couldn't squint much because the helmet was stretching my eyelids wide open. Fortunately I didn't have to drive for long but it was a pain nevertheless. Smiley

By the way, here is a very useful link explaining how to get to the many different viewing spots around the Nordschleife :  http://www.northloop.co.uk/photography.htm

--

I knew you would need a visor to keep the insects out of your mouth - I have an open face helmet only - seems like I could be tasting some unusual snacks when I take a passenger lap in your new 2-11

--

RT Moderator 

Easy, you surely know that insects are protein-rich, so don't worry about that

I have a pair of Wiley X sunglasses which I will bring along. They are tactical goggles that are also bullet proof 

Just bring a foulard or scarf of some type and you will be fine. 

--

Gauss:

Easy, you surely know that insects are protein-rich, so don't worry about that

Hahaha, I used a very simple old school device to avoid a protein overdose Smiley Gauss-2-11.jpg

It was a really fantastic day at the 'Ring Smiley

Thank you so much for the pax-lap in the 2-11, Gauss Smiley

The car feels really fantastic on the track - even from the passenger's seat and I'm very glad that it fulfills your expectations.

I had a blast with a GT3 threesome - one of them driven by our "car hotellier" and the other was the Bluhm-Porsche. We changed the leading position after each lap and so I could enjoy the great Akrapovic sound for a full lap. Funny though that the GF of the Bluhm-pilot (observing us from Breidscheid) afterwards said my car would have been the loudest Smiley Probably just used a lower gear than the Akra-GT3 to gain an advantage in the sound contest Smiley

Obviously I have bad luck with the random Jahreskarte-Kontrollen at the main gate - it already happened twice to me this year that I was just stopped when I was looking forward to chase another GT-Porsche in front of me Smiley

@ pierre: be aware of the rattlestones in Hatzenbach - they did a bad job in refurbishing them: the car now becomes unsettled there....a good friend recommended that I should fit some Cayenne dampers into the GT3 Smiley

Though the new patches of tarmac provided nice grip Smiley

I'm looking forward to tomorrow - great to meet you again, Gauss Smiley

--

@Porsche-Jeck: thanks, I'll have a look this afternoon... 

pierre:

@Porsche-Jeck: thanks, I'll have a look this afternoon... 

I wish you all the best for the race, Pierre Smiley Amazing number of Clio Cup cars on the starters' list Smiley
    Jim's ("Napoli") car certainly will be an exotic star on the grid and I'm astonished to see 7 (!) Mercedes SLS GT3 joining the party.

Weather forecast for tomorrow is unbelievably good - almost like summer Smiley

Maybe I should hop over for 1 or 2 hours Smiley

--

Obviously the Nuerburgring is at the edge of bankruptcy. Mike Frison´s blog on the current situation.

It's a desperate situation. Building a new car-themed shopping centre has been a financial catastrophe.

--

997.1 C2S
     GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

easy_rider911:

It's a desperate situation. Building a new car-themed shopping centre has been a financial catastrophe.

Megalomanic politicians again Smiley For the reported sunk 520 mEUR I would have invested into:

(a) 20.8 km floor heating system (adjustable temp for grip optimization Smiley) + stadium like illumination allowing for track fun 24/7, 12 mo/year

(b) retractable roof á lá modern football stadiums

(c) Autobahn-extension (A1 / A61) with direct access to the 'Ring

(d) Sexy Car-Wash near the main entrance Smiley

(e)  Free 4.0 GT3 RS for all my RT buddies Smiley

Kidding aside: I wonder whether the state of Rheinland-Pfalz (majority shareholder) has a "Plan B" ?

EU regulation does not allow further state subsidies getting pumped into the "Eifel-Dorf" (restaurants, pubs, hotels) which is just fair because this creates unfair competition in relation to all the family owned businesses in the region.

Without these subsidies the state owned legal entity has to go into insolvency.

Problem is that the sacred tarmac of the Nordschleife is one of the assets in this legal entity....

--

This is really bad... current situation: 2012 may be the last year of the NBR. I truly hope some car company buys the whole thing... BMW or Mercedes etc. I can't believe the government, that theme park is so stupid.. I saw it in June.. hopeless, what a waste of taxpayer money..

As for (c) I think that Autobahn extension is a green light regardless of the NBR and Nordschleife..

BMW, Mercedes and the VW Group buying the whole thing and investing in it would be great but what then? Does it make sense for them? It remains to be seen. Right now, things look very very bad.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690098 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409520 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255869 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235109 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65605 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4651 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858264 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774427 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM