Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Porsche Pajun - med size family sedan

According to Autobild, Porsche is preparing a 4 door sedan in the mid size section. The name will be Pajun and the car is ready to sell in 2016:

http://www.bild.de/BILD/auto/2011/03/23/porsche-fuer-familien/neues-viertuerer-modell-2016.html

Re: Porsche Pajun - med size family sedan

OMG - I hope it looks nothing like the drawing.

they do not want to call it that or they will be the laughing stock in Spain 

--

Pajun will be the worksname like Cajun for the little 4*4.

It's standing for Cayenne-junior and Panamera-junior

--

965 3.3turbo/  993 targa / 996 cab /997S cab

Audi R8  //  Audi A5 S-line 3.0tdi Quattro/ RR 4.4i

It is true, Porsche is considering a 4-door sedan below the Panamera.

According to your sources, the top engine will be a bi-turbo charged V6, no V8 here.

Porsche is looking into various new models, this is one of them. There is nothing written in stone yet, with the exception of the "Cajun".

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

All I can say is that if it is true, I cant wait to see the "Panamera Turbo Edition"

...spyderidol, for the long wait, don't worry, you will perhaps be offered a special Audi A4 sedan "with wait for the Panamera Turbo Edition"-sticker for the time being...

A 3-series Porsche will be a mistake IMO, it may be succesful in sales but it will damage the brand image of Porsche tremendously, a Cayenne, or Panamera is one thing, even the Cajun, but getting into the mid-size 4-door sedan market will put a whole different label on the brand image of the company so they better consider that.

--

d997h:

...spyderidol, for the long wait, don't worry, you will perhaps be offered a special Audi A4 sedan "with wait for the Panamera Turbo Edition"-sticker for the time being...

...and a 200K interest free loan...err...sorry... deposit two years before production.1300890144728duck.gif

Carlos from Spain:

A 3-series Porsche will be a mistake IMO, it may be succesful in sales but it will damage the brand image of Porsche tremendously, a Cayenne, or Panamera is one thing, even the Cajun, but getting into the mid-size 4-door sedan market will put a whole different label on the brand image of the company so they better consider that.

I again agree 100%. I suspect we are beginning to see the real effects of the VAG takeover.

Let's not put labels and commit ourselves.

A BMW M3 type of car but with unique and unusual styling for the category, by Porsche will be great IMO. It's like carrying the Panamera concept to a wider audience but still exclusive enough. See how many Porsche fans go for the M3 or the AMG C class because they want more practicality.

--

"Form follows function"

Carlos from Spain:

A lot of Porsche connoisseurs share these worries but I'm not so sure any more. The Cayenne is currently the most successful Porsche regarding production/sales numbers, so do the math. Porsche can only survive in the VW group if they expand their model range and try to share more technology with other products in the VW group. The strategy here will be different because Porsche doesn't really have to protect their independence anymore, they already lost it.

Interesting times ahead of us but if people are willing to pay 200k for an AMG Mercedes, I'm pretty sure they're going to do the same with a Porsche sedan. Smiley

Practicality is a different story too, I'm pretty sure that there are lots of potential customers for a cheaper Porsche sedan.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

As Carlos said: From a business point of view , it will no doubt be a success. (as will be all the "special editions" that will eventually emerge from it ). It's the brand image that will take a bruising that will most probably not show until a few years down the track.

reginos:

Let's not put labels and commit ourselves.

A BMW M3 type of car but with unique and unusual styling for the category, by Porsche will be great IMO. It's like carrying the Panamera concept to a wider audience but still exclusive enough. See how many Porsche fans go for the M3 or the AMG C class because they want more practicality.

Thats wishfull thinking but you know as well as I do that there will be a normal V6 version, a diesel version, etc as well, and that is what people will see and the most common on the streets, and then there is the fact that it will borrow a chasis from VAG, a Passat or A4 based Porsche?Smiley 19 ... look what X-type diesel did for Jag's image.

--

Putting my humorous remark aside: IMO, as long as P. does not loose its (competitive) edge on the sportcars, I guess we may simple lean back and see what they come up with - who would have thought, that the Cayenne would change the SUV-world like it did...? Considering a Porsche sedan as a BMW 3-series competitor ? Well, I am a hard core 3-series DD enthusiast, but I would give the guys in Zuffenhausen a chance....

Porsche has never been an exclusive supercar manufacturer like Ferrari or Lamborghini. Porsche has manufactured some supercars but most of its cars have been in the premium category, performance sportscars with good quality and everyday usability. Therefore I don't see any image degradation.

The business plan is for maximum 200.000 units p.a. which far from the production of even premium brands like BMW, Mercedes or Audi.

Small volume of production alone doesn't point to desirabilty. Alfa Romeo, SAAB, Jaguar and Volvo straggle around the 150.000 units level but they are not thought as desirable even if they are a rare sight.

Seven model ranges (4 existing plus the small SUV,the small roadster and possibly the medium performance saloon)  of average 30.000 units each will eventually give the targeted 200.000. This figure is a drop in the ocean for the 21st century with so many new markets emerging. Before, premium manufacturers were only selling to 5-6 European countries and to USA and therefore volumes were low.

--

"Form follows function"

Q: What is your vision for Porsche in 2018?

A: Porsche is synonymous with sports cars -- yesterday, today and tomorrow. - Matthias Mueller

So far we have have heard of a Cajun (not exactly a sports car), and a Pajun (family sized car),

We have a 918 RSR that does not fit into any racing class and a 918 Spyder that is two years away .

Not looking promising....so far.

buuuuut, what about the upcoming 991 then ??...

pre -VAG

Two prerequisites in the post-VAG model expansion era:

• The sportscars must continue to be top class
    • Racing must not only continue but be upgraded.

--

"Form follows function"

..."and so lets launch a small V6 SUV and a family sedan to reach our goals"?1300892457759duck.gif

Carlos from Spain:

+1!Smiley

--

997TT RS Tuning stage II,2011 Cayenne Turbo

@spyderidol: you really are the grand master of smileys...

1300892720914gent.gif

d997h:

Haven't you heard about the coming Boxster  

" Edition of Edition 911 Turbo  918 Spyder Preorder " version  which will  have  the same flourescent green stitching and seat piping ?

Smiley

yes, that's why I came up with a "sticker" as an alternative to the stitching...

I believe the stitching is an extra.1300893024306cocktail.gif

Carlos from Spain:

Maybe not a whole, but sure it will affect the brand image for some of us Porsche lovers. Anyway look at Jaguar, they made some cheap 4 sedan cars and still have a reasonable high brand image. For me the solution will be in the future to have a Porsche as a DD (SUV / Sedan) and if we want serious sports car with soul and exclusivity, move to Lambo or Ferrari, which at least for the next 5 to 7 years will remain exclusive...I hope Smiley

J.Seven

while the 911 will remainan icon, porsche's will be too common and this may deterr many an enthusiast....

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

intouch1:

while the 911 will remainan icon, porsche's will be too common and this may deterr many an enthusiast....

For the VW group, I think the distinction between the various products is clear: 

Audi builds sportier regular cars with one or two highlights

Porsche builds sports cars and very sporty regular cars with one or two highlights

Lamborghini builds special sports cars

Bentley builds luxury high end sedans and coupes

Bugatti builds extreme sports cars(or better said GTs)

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688736 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408786 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255563 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234818 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65406 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4636 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857653 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773515 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM