Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Panamera Turbo S

German Site Auto Motor und Sport says that there will be on China Auto Show, the Panamera Turbo S version... anyone can confirm

Tks

Re: Panamera Turbo S

Sounds pretty useless after the Panamera Turbo Power Kit IMO...

Power kit for Pana Turbo is not available any more. Pana Turbo S is already in dealers order system-car code is 970 450. Pana Diesel as well-970 140.

KresoF1:

Power kit for Pana Turbo is not available any more. Pana Turbo S is already in dealers order system-car code is 970 450. Pana Diesel as well-970 140.

Wow.

But with the same specs?

Porsche had to fire off the "Turbo S" model to keep up sales.

Expect a sportier design on the next gen Panamera, it could already start with the facelift which is due aprox. 2012 or latest 2013. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Facelift sounds good, RC.  Also a Turbo S version soon.

I am in Los Angeles for a few days.  Lots of Panameras on the street--mostly black on black versions. A majority seem to be Turbos...

Face-lift is good! Is there a possibility of having eye-lift, cleft jaw implant, liposuction and hunch-back removal as well?1300945672557evil.gif

Spyderidol:

Face-lift is good! Is there a possibility of having eye-lift, cleft jaw implant, liposuction and hunch-back removal as well?1300945672557evil.gif

LOL! Smiley I think you found the cure.

--

997.2 Carrera S in Carrara White. PASM-Sport Suspension (-20 mm), PSE.

987.1 Boxster S in Arctic Silver. OZ Racing Ultraleggera HLT Wheels, H&R Monotube Coil-Over Suspension, H&R Anti-Roll Bars, Sachs Racing Clutch, Single-Mass Flywheel, Recaro Pole Position Seats, PSE.

Spyderidol:

Possible  - >>  6 small corrections      Smiley                                    (click to enlarge)

P40_porsche_panamera_05mishaBB.JPG

Oh!Oh!  - You know how "good" I am at this game.1300961250329drunk.gif

Right ! Zero out of Six for me. Your move.

P40_porsche_panamera_05.jpg P40_porsche_panamera_05mishaBB.JPG P40_porsche_panamera_05mishaBB2.JPG

AaaH! I I see. Much better...I think.1300962624882scratchchin.gif

Smiley      Smiley

Very nice and since Mr. Piech doesn't wear a hat... 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

He could wear a hat  -  roof line is unchanged , only 5th door frame + more conical & convex glass

Misha011:

He could wear a hat  -  roof line is unchanged , only 5th door frame + more conical & convex glass

If you also add a third seat in the rear, my wife will love you.  Smiley

This is actually the only reason why we would never get a Panamera.

--

RC:
    Misha011:

+1 Smiley with 3 girls....no Panamera !

RC:
    Misha011:

You can't have all the goodies  -  Panamera  +  mother in low        Smiley

The problem is that "soccer moms" usually have to transport their kids...and other kids.

When my in-laws are visiting, my wife needs to be able to take them and the kids in the car, so a 4-seater is really a no-go. 

I still wonder why so many here defend a 4-seater Panamera because it doesn't make sense for such a huge car like the Panamera.

--

RC:

The problem is that "soccer moms" usually have to transport their kids...and other kids.

When my in-laws are visiting, my wife needs to be able to take them and the kids in the car, so a 4-seater is really a no-go. 

I still wonder why so many here defend a 4-seater Panamera because it doesn't make sense for such a huge car like the Panamera.

I totally agree, 4 seat doesn't make any sense.

--
    Happy Driving

Ron (Houston):
    RC:

I totally agree, 4 seat doesn't make any sense.

Yes it does make a lot of sense:

- you have 4 equal seats in the car

- no matter where you sit, you have the same comfort

- Panamera is not a soccer mom car - for that purpose there are many other cars which fit much better

- Panamera is usually driven by one person, sometimes two and very seldom 3 or 4

- Panamera with 5 seats should then have a larger luggage space

- Panamera is a high end luxury product not intended for daily shopping and kid taxiing

My family has fallen in love with our first 4-seater the BMW X6 and now the Panamera turbo. We had only 2-3 times the demand of a third seat in the rear. For that we have other cars :)

--

AM
    www.aldo-yachting.de

ALDO:

- Panamera is a high end luxury product not intended for daily shopping and kid taxiing

You must be kidding, right? A Panamera Turbo S would be the only car for daily shopping, kid taxling, whatever, for me and my wife and I already know a couple of people who chose a BMW 7 series instead of the Panamera because there wasn't a 5th seat available. Of course lease cost played a role too but these people really wanted the Panamera.

As to the high end luxury product: It is a Porsche sedan, not a sports car. It is fast like hell for it's size(Turbo only) and really a nice product but personally, I would always prefer a 911 over the Panamera. 

--

Christian, do you really think a facelift could be already introduced in 2012?

I just put down a deposit for a P TTS yesterday 

Mike S:

Christian, do you really think a facelift could be already introduced in 2012?

I just put down a deposit for a P TTS yesterday 

I'm afraid...yes. There is nothing written in stone though but the introduction of the Turbo S itself could be already a signal... 

Do you really care? Of course I would always love to drive the latest gear but the Turbo S is really a rocket and I doubt that a facelift would immediately include the Turbo S too.

--

RC:
    ALDO:

You must be kidding, right? A Panamera Turbo S would be the only car for daily shopping, kid taxling, whatever, for me and my wife and I already know a couple of people who chose a BMW 7 series instead of the Panamera because there wasn't a 5th seat available. Of course lease cost played a role too but these people really wanted the Panamera.

As to the high end luxury product: It is a Porsche sedan, not a sports car. It is fast like hell for it's size(Turbo only) and really a nice product but personally, I would always prefer a 911 over the Panamera. 

Come on - neither is a BMW 7-series nor a Panamera a city car. Not here in our country and not for our pocket sizes. As Porsche has stated (and it was so planned) Panamera is not a second but a third car. 

I don´t know much people who would consider buying either a 911 or a Panamera. This two cars are so different in their purpose. 

Me for example, I bought it because I need a fast, sporty car  with enough comfort and luggage space and I wanted a special car, not something boring. I hated to fit my golf bag in my 911 turbo.

So I could choose between:

BMW -7 series: nothing special - ordinary

Jaguar - not my taste

Masarati - I like it, but I don´t trust them

Bentley - I had even a much better offer then my Panamera, but I couldn´t drive such car

Mercedes S- class : no

Mercedes CL-class: I was thinking of it

Aston Martin: no money

so it was easy to choose Panamera for me - fast, sporty, elegant, luxury, special, comfort, I like the brand, I like how it looks like, fits my family, fits my environment ( at least I hope so )

--

AM
    www.aldo-yachting.de

What do you drive in the city then? Smart?  

--

Mini Cooper S :)

Smart is not my taste ;)

--

AM
    www.aldo-yachting.de

ALDO:

Mini Cooper S :)

Smart is not my taste ;)

Good choice... Smiley, I still prefer the X5M in the city, it is more fun(believe it or not). My wife hates Mini, she usually drives her M3 Cab in the city...or the X5M.

I won't replace the Mini, it doesn't make sense anymore for us. Still thinking about the Countryman Diesel SD for my business but I'm not 100% sure yet, maybe Countryman Cooper S. Smiley

--

My guess is that the facelift will (looks-wise) only consist of a revised front and rear bumper, nothing out of the ordinary, just enough to make it look a bit different...

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Joost:

My guess is that the facelift will (looks-wise) only consist of a revised front and rear bumper, nothing out of the ordinary, just enough to make it look a bit different...

It will look more refined according to one source, whatever this means. I haven't seen it and I doubt I will see it before it shows up, the Panamera isn't really my thing..yet. Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM