Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayenne Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Cayenne Turbo ordered,delivery May/June.

At the beginning of this year i took the decision to order a Cayenne Diesel for family use...after a week i put down the order i change to a Cayenne S.

Now at two months of start production i changed again....to a Cayenne Turbo,and sure is the last change!Smiley

Umber otuside,umber- light tartufo inside.

black 21"sport edition wheels,black outside package,panoramic roof,and some other goodies.

can't wait to have it!i think my wife will use it only sometimesSmiley

Smiley

--
    997 TT, what a car/che'mmmmmaghena!!!

Re: Cayenne Turbo ordered,delivery May/June.

Congratulations. Sounds great!

Congrats  Are you sure that next week you won't change your order to a Cayenne Turbo S?  

--

RT Moderator 
    - 997.1 C2S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm sports suspension/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Congrats!!!  thats quite a change from the diesel to the Turbo  

--

Super Darius:

At the beginning of this year i took the decision to order a Cayenne Diesel for family use...after a week i put down the order i change to a Cayenne S.

Now at two months of start production i changed again....to a Cayenne Turbo,and sure is the last change!Smiley

black 21"sport edition wheels,black outside package,panoramic roof,and some other goodies.

Smiley

Finally...what took you so long? Smiley Smiley

Good choice, Dario...you're not the Diesel type of guy.

You are lucky too, delivery time in Germany is up to 9 months right now for the Turbo.

Congratulations, can't wait to read about your first impressions.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Thanks guys

RC,think that yesterday my dealer make me the offer to have a Blue/beige Cayenne Turbo that will be here next week,but i don't like the colour combo,so i took the decision to wait these two months.

Delivery for S and Diesel here too are long,if you order now you will have them October/November,don't know for the Turbo,becouse he change my allocation for the S that was just on from Jenuary,but i think the same time.

--

Great choice Dario, terrific car.

Only possibility for you to change your order once more would be, if Porsche was about to introduce a Cayenne Turbo S.

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

WOW - impressive choice Dario! 

This car will be a blast! Will have to visit you in Como to have a test ride 

RC:
    Super Darius:

Smiley

Finally...what took you so long? Smiley Smiley

Good choice, Dario...you're not the Diesel type of guy.

You are lucky too, delivery time in Germany is up to 9 months right now for the Turbo.

Congratulations, can't wait to read about your first impressions.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

I've heard the same thing from my Porsche dealer, what's going on with the cayenne ? I thought people didn't like the new shape ? Smiley

Congrats SD!

Don't forget to keep 5L of mobil 1 in your store, I'm not sure for how long you need to refill, but mine has burned 3 segments this week and this happens every time I switch to tiptronic paddle shifting and go past 3,000 rpm, but I'm not complaining Smiley

In D mode with psm on = boring / at stop lights the car doesn't move when you press the gas pedal, you need to go down 1/2 throttle then it starts to move Smiley

D mode with psm off is my choice and with sport mode passengers start screaming Smiley

The new cayenne  feels like a rwd car to me, I'm not sure if it's the PTV+/LSD option or the the re-programmed PTM.

--

http://i54.tinypic.com/34fcl7a.jpg

Congrats its a really cool combo. umber is a special choice, it'll be very unique. 

Nice. We don't even get the diesel option in the US.

Super Darius:

At the beginning of this year...

Smiley

Congratulations. 11 Cayennes ARE really amazing vehicles...

...at first after 20 min test drive it was't much evident. "11 Cayenne is better car, so what else is new..." - that's what I thought...

But then after spending more time (1.5 h in real life rush hour hiway driving), I've realized, how amazing this generation 11 Cayenne is...without even mentioning "turbo"...

Smiley

OZRacing

Congrats Dario, you will love it. But as said above, you will need to have quite a bit of motor oil in stock.

I have 7500 miles already on my 11 CTT and I have gone though over 2 cases of mobil 1 (12 quarts).

This car burns oil like it burns gas and after many trips to the dealer they said its normal.

Good luck.

--

2011 CTT

2005 F430

2010 Audi S5

BiTurbo:
    Congrats SD!

Don't forget to keep 5L of mobil 1 in your store, I'm not sure for how long you need to refill, but mine has burned 3 segments this week and this happens every time I switch to tiptronic paddle shifting and go past 3,000 rpm, but I'm not complaining Smiley

...here are some my findings relative to 11 Cay...

... the first 500 km, then 2000 km, are very important, how you brakein your 11 Cay. This will determine how will your car consume oil in a future and for how long (hi oil consumption for another 10K+ km? vs no excess consumption?).

If you "baby" your 11 Cay (not going past 3000rpms, as you say above), then you are just "delaying" real engine brakein and your car will CONTINUE to consume oil excessively.

What you need to do is the following. You need to GO through  brakein process, embrace it sooner. Then, you'll  FINISH it sooner and your excessive oil consumption will stop. You need to take longer trips the first 500km, trips of 50-100km. You need to give the car a LOAD,- not too much, but at the same time NOT too little. My observations with 11 CayS and CayTT lead me to the following suggestion. Drive a car WITH "sport on" all the time, but with "PSM on", drive occasionally manually with paddles. VARY rpms/speed, sometimes 2000rpms and sometimes 4000rpms for 30sec or so. Do NOT follow 11 Cay cruising behaviour, do NOT "float"/cruise on a constant load/low rpms, vary it. At the same time keep manufacturer recommendation not exceeding 4200 rpms. If you do this your 11 Cay will NOT consume excessively oil, even as a just 2000km 2011 CayenneTT car.

BiTurbo:

In D mode with psm on = boring / at stop lights the car doesn't move when you press the gas pedal, you need to go down 1/2 throttle then it starts to move Smiley

D mode with psm off is my choice and with sport mode passengers start screamingSmiley

...mine doesn't do that...it moves with a slight touch of a gas pedal even in D mode, no sport, PSM on.

I've also noticed, that 11 Cay  attempted to move me in that direction, - boring floating/cruising car driving style. It's learning software is still poorly implemented and has a tendency for too much "self preservation". As soon as I've noticed that car attempt, I've intentionally interrupted that car logic, by giving it a load (sport on, psm on, vary rpms/speed, drive manually with paddles...). After a couple of attempts car logic stopped above attempts, it also stopped engaging auto stop at the intersection even with that function active. So make your own conclusions...

Smiley

OZRacing 

Thnaks all guys,for congratulations and advices!

Hope mine doesn't drink so much oil,now fuel here costs like gold...and if i must spend  a fortune also in oil...is not the best thing!

--

Great choice !!!! Maybe you can change your order to the hybrid 

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

ozr:
    BiTurbo:
    Congrats SD!

Don't forget to keep 5L of mobil 1 in your store, I'm not sure for how long you need to refill, but mine has burned 3 segments this week and this happens every time I switch to tiptronic paddle shifting and go past 3,000 rpm, but I'm not complaining Smiley

...here are some my findings relative to 11 Cay...

... the first 500 km, then 2000 km, are very important, how you brakein your 11 Cay. This will determine how will your car consume oil in a future and for how long (hi oil consumption for another 10K+ km? vs no excess consumption?).

If you "baby" your 11 Cay (not going past 3000rpms, as you say above), then you are just "delaying" real engine brakein and your car will CONTINUE to consume oil excessively.

What you need to do is the following. You need to GO through  brakein process, embrace it sooner. Then, you'll  FINISH it sooner and your excessive oil consumption will stop. You need to take longer trips the first 500km, trips of 50-100km. You need to give the car a LOAD,- not too much, but at the same time NOT too little. My observations with 11 CayS and CayTT lead me to the following suggestion. Drive a car WITH "sport on" all the time, but with "PSM on", drive occasionally manually with paddles. VARY rpms/speed, sometimes 2000rpms and sometimes 4000rpms for 30sec or so. Do NOT follow 11 Cay cruising behaviour, do NOT "float"/cruise on a constant load/low rpms, vary it. At the same time keep manufacturer recommendation not exceeding 4200 rpms. If you do this your 11 Cay will NOT consume excessively oil, even as a just 2000km 2011 CayenneTT car.

BiTurbo:

In D mode with psm on = boring / at stop lights the car doesn't move when you press the gas pedal, you need to go down 1/2 throttle then it starts to move Smiley

D mode with psm off is my choice and with sport mode passengers start screamingSmiley

...mine doesn't do that...it moves with a slight touch of a gas pedal even in D mode, no sport, PSM on.

I've also noticed, that 11 Cay  attempted to move me in that direction, - boring floating/cruising car driving style. It's learning software is still poorly implemented and has a tendency for too much "self preservation". As soon as I've noticed that car attempt, I've intentionally interrupted that car logic, by giving it a load (sport on, psm on, vary rpms/speed, drive manually with paddles...). After a couple of attempts car logic stopped above attempts, it also stopped engaging auto stop at the intersection even with that function active. So make your own conclusions...

Smiley

OZRacing 

I try to drive with the sport button turned off, the car is very responsive when switching to tiptronic, but since you suggest the sport button should be turned on, I think I'll do that from today and will keep a closer eye on the oil level Smiley need to pour another 600ml though before going into berserk mode Smiley

--

congrats!!!!

Gnil:

Dario has fuel in his blood, I can only see him changing his order to a Turbo SSmiley

@Dario: Good decision that you didn't go for the blue Cayenne Turbo. Makes the Cayenne too elegant, maybe when you're 60. Smiley Smiley Smiley

--

RC:
    Gnil:

Dario has fuel in his blood, I can only see him changing his order to a Turbo SSmiley

@Dario: Good decision that you didn't go for the blue Cayenne Turbo. Makes the Cayenne too elegant, maybe when you're 60. Smiley Smiley Smiley

hahah,true!! and V-power only!Smiley The Turbo S is too much for me,i think the Turbo is good,i must save/findSmiley some money for the 991 GT2!Smiley

About the blue CT,yes i think it is too elegant for me,in fact i choose umber that is a few elegant too,but with black exterior package and black wheels it become more sporty!

Other great colour is all black,but i have the old Cayenne in black and i whant to change.Smiley

--

Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689694 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409324 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255791 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235019 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65547 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4649 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858082 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774149 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM