Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Porsche to introduce new models every year.

If true, then we have plenty of food for thought and discussion:

www.worldcarfans.com/111022230793/porsche-to-introduce-new-models-every-year---ceo-skeptical

Re: Porsche to introduce new models every year.

One part doesn't make sense at all. There is room between the GT2RS and the 918 Spyder? unless the 918 Spyder has 1000HP and weights 1200kg I don't see room for a model in between, not now and specially not by the time this model would be produced because the 991GT2RS would also be around that time... and ¿and to battle the Lambo, McLaren and Ferrari? the current GT2RS already beats the current competitor's models, and the next generation 991GT2RS with the 911 chasis and more HP will beat anything that will come out in the next years like the McLaren or next Ferrari or Lambo.

--

The GT2RS is seen as a 911Carrera derivative, in spite of the supercar performance.

458, McLaren and Lambo buyers will look at Porsche (more) seriously if the model in question is M-E , dramatic and rare in looks as the other three. This is the possible niche for a sub 918 car starting at around €200K. Appearance and style count for a lot in this class.

--

"Form follows function"

I guess they weren't talking performance wise but rather platform type, a mid-engined rival to Ferrari, Lambo, etc.

But that would mean they would have to cancel the 991GT2RS then (which they said they will make) or they would cannibalise each other's sales because actual performance wise they will right up there with each other.

--

Expect tons of new models from Porsche, especially since Porsche has now access to the engineering of Audi, Lamborghini, Bentley, Bugatti and of course VW too. I didn't mention Skoda. 

I actually feel now like a little kid waiting for Santa Claus, expecting many and shiny new toys. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

RC:

Expect tons of new models from Porsche, especially since Porsche has now access to the engineering of Audi, Lamborghini, Bentley, Bugatti and of course VW too. I didn't mention Skoda. 

How could you forget SEAT? Smiley

--

fritz

Seat? Oh boy, I really forgot about them. Are they still making cars? 

VW killed Seat with Skoda, at least this is my personal impression.

Never understood why though. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

RC:

Seat? Oh boy, I really forgot about them. Are they still making cars? 

VW killed Seat with Skoda, at least this is my personal impression.

Never understood why though. 

SEAT was supposedly intended to go after Alfa Romeo a few years ago. These days Alfa doesn't seem to be going anywhere in most markets outside Italy, so how can SEAT follow?

--

fritz

fritz:
    These days Alfa doesn't seem to be going anywhere in most markets outside Italy, so how can SEAT follow?

Smiley

Sometimes I get the feeling that Fiat is only caring about Ferrari and nothing else. Look at Lancia and Alfa Romeo, whoever is responsible for these brands at Fiat should be tarred and feathered and then thrown at with Pizza and Spaghetti. What a shame... 

--

Here is the original article/interview.

www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article

Things may not go that smoothly for Porsche (and VW).

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-02-23/porsche-volkswagen-merger-may-be-delayed-until-2012-on-probe-of-directors.html

Not sure what would happen with Porsche if a merger with VW fails, I'm not sure if they would still be able to profit from VW's technology pool and/or develop cars for them.

Any thoughts?

--

From what I gather these are legal/procedural/bureaucratic matters that have to be sorted out prior to the official merger. The merger will happen IMO because Porsche cannot live alone for very long and for VW Group, Porsche will be a (profitable) jewel and I don't think VW want someone else to pick it up.

It might be delayed but both parties are committed. It's like living with someone and postponing the official wedding ceremony because you must get some extra documents.

--

"Form follows function"

More about it:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-02-23/volkswagen-plows-ahead-with-porsche-integration-as-legal-obstacles-remain.html

--

Imagine if  WW and Herr Holger end up in jail!

--

"Form follows function"

I am sure they will find a way to ringfence the legal liabilities somehow. There is too much at stage for both of them to let it go bust.

... thinking about it ... If it does fall through Porsche is most likely wiped out and my car will be a collectors item.  ....   .... just kidding 

reginos:

Imagine if  WW and Herr Holger end up in jail!

Mr. Wiedeking doesn't deserve to be in jail, no matter what he might have done in his last years being CEO at Porsche. Without him, Porsche might not even exist anymore.

He also personally intervened for me a couple of times, also for other people I know, he is definitely not a bad guy.

Can't say much about Mr. Härter though.

--

It all depends on how strict the German law wants to be on the matter of share dealings and whether the authorities want to make an example to avoid.

WW resurrected Porsche and modernized the company but he took his eyes off the game in the end and lost.

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:

WW resurrected Porsche and modernized the company but he took his eyes off the game in the end and lost.

I actually think that he went too far, he didn't take his eyes off the game. He listened too much to Mr. Härter, who had made some very successful financial deals, providing Porsche with more money from these deals than by selling cars.

Without the financial crisis, Porsche would own VW now and Wiedeking & Härter would be the heroes.

Life is tough... Smiley  Smiley

--

RC:
    reginos:

I actually think that he went too far, he didn't take his eyes off the game. He listened too much to Mr. Härter, who had made some very successful financial deals, providing Porsche with more money from these deals than by selling cars.

Without the financial crisis, Porsche would own VW now and Wiedeking & Härter would be the heroes.

Life is tough... Smiley  Smiley

Quite true, and that is how history is made.  WW will be remebered. not for saving Porsche in the 90s, but for losing to VW in the 2000s.

--

Carpe Diem--life is but a crack of light bounded by eternities of darkness (Nabokov)

I don't see how the merger will be prevented. Clearly both parties believe it is in their interest to merge so it will happen. The outside players i.e. hedge funds and other investors have no sympathy from the courts or the public. The criminal charges will not impact or derail the merger.

At the end of the day, both VW and Porsche may pay out some money and put the matter behind them.

--

Ferdinand Piëch wants Porsche. He will push the VW Board to complete the aquisition. 

--

2006 997 C2S Cab, Triple Black,  2006 Cayenne Titanium Iceland Silver Metalic New York

Still the bitter after tastes left over from the funds and individuals who shorted VW stocks in the wrong time. They just can't let go of the fact that they are not God, they can't control the market to their liking and they got out-smarted by Porsche the company. Unfortunately for WW, those funds have powerful friends in the right places.

I actually don't see anything wrong done by WW and Co. They cannot foresee the sudden collapse of the world economy, had the economy waited a couple more months, I firmly believe VW would be a Porsche sub-company and the whole company would be a better one than Porsche under VW, as there isn't a egomanic within Porsche but there is one in VW.

bobr:

Ferdinand Piëch wants Porsche. He will push the VW Board to complete the aquisition. 

There is no doubt that Piech plays a major role in the merger, he is part of the Porsche family.

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    774693 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    440266 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262027 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260291 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    84826 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5442 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

879321 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    814131 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM