Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Panamera Shooting Break?

The Shooting Break allows Porsche to offer a more attractive rear part without compromising head room and/or luggage room.

I'm not a fan of this concept but there seem to be lots of people who would go for it.

Yes, Panamera demand picked up a lot, even if the new Cayenne is still the most successful Porsche model so far.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Is Porsche trying to beat Ferrari FF in ugliness ?

shb.jpg

--
    Happy Driving

There seems to be a market for shooting breaks. I would never ever buy one (I really don't like them, they look weird) but there seems to be a market for ugliness/weirdness.   

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

RC:

There seems to be a market for shooting breaks. I would never ever buy one (I really don't like them, they look weird) but there seems to be a market for ugliness/weirdness.   

RC,

I agree.  If there was no market for it they wouldn't make it but the question is why ?  Smiley

--
    Happy Driving

I have to admit I would rather like the idea of  a Panamera station wagon. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Not sure if a shooting break could be any uglier then the standard Panamera from behind. If the 991 looks anything like the Autobild image I have high hopes for the new model which AMS claims to be just 4 years away (a little soon?).

I like the look of that!

I love our e500 4MATIC wagon and will probblay replace it with another wagon. Seeing as BMW no longer sells a wagon in Canada and the Audi only comes with the 3.0 litre engine, it will probably be another MB. This would shoot to the top of the list if available!

--
    Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region

The tone of 'station wagon' sounds completely different from the word "Shooting Brake."  

Porsche now even builds station wagon vs.

Porsche's Shooting Brake

Rossi:

I have to admit I would rather like the idea of  a Panamera station wagon. Smiley

That is so nice! Like actually it has production potential, i love it.

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

I will buy a Panamera station wagon.

--

Tim

2010 997.2 GT3RS;  2008 Cayenne Turbo;  2006 911 Club Coupe #13;  2011 Panamera 4

So does it it mean the Panamera will even more canabilize Cayennes' sales.

Ziggy:

Does it? Right now, it rather seems to be the other way around. Smiley

--

RC:
    Ziggy:

other way around?? Which statistic did you read?? We even don´t have a year of Panamera selling. So who has bought a Cayenne after having a Panamera? 

--

AM
    www.aldo-yachting.de

ALDO:

other way around?? Which statistic did you read?? We even don´t have a year of Panamera selling. So who has bought a Cayenne after having a Panamera? 

I can speak about Germany only. 

Let me see...Panamera delivery time...aprox. 3-4 months (was even 2-3 months some while ago)

Let me see...Cayenne delivery time...aprox 8-9 months.

Rebates...up to 11% on the Panamera, up to 6% on the Cayenne (depending on model, maybe more on the Hybrid).

Not sure I understand you regarding the "we even don't have a year of Panamera selling"? The Panamera is in it's second model year while the Cayenne is in it's first year.

Customers really seem to dig the new Cayenne, it sells like hot cakes in Germany.

--

RC:

Customers really seem to dig the new Cayenne, it sells like hot cakes in Germany.

That's because the Cayenne is cheaper and provide better utility.

If I can only either keep my Cayenne or Panamera, it has to be the Cayenne.

--

Tim

2010 997.2 GT3RS;  2008 Cayenne Turbo;  2006 911 Club Coupe #13;  2011 Panamera 4

well, well this is something. I want say anything about it, because when the people were talking about maybe a Cayenne, sometimes after, the cayenne arrived on the market.

So with this new Panamera break policy i can only hope deep and in silence that it want happen. But as RC says, if there's a demand from the people, a production could be made in the future.

it's like a game. I throw a biscuit in the air and i'll see who will eat in it. It's the same with cars, you throw a picture on the web and you collect the impression. if they are positiv, you can start to think about showing the car with a better shape etc.......

Looks like to me that the Panamera Break story just started.

--

GT3, Cooper S & CS

RC:
    ALDO:

I can speak about Germany only. 

Let me see...Panamera delivery time...aprox. 3-4 months (was even 2-3 months some while ago)

Let me see...Cayenne delivery time...aprox 8-9 months.

Rebates...up to 11% on the Panamera, up to 6% on the Cayenne (depending on model, maybe more on the Hybrid).

Not sure I understand you regarding the "we even don't have a year of Panamera selling"? The Panamera is in it's second model year while the Cayenne is in it's first year.

But this has nothing to do that they take each other market shares.  It´s all about discount you are talking. Last year it was much harder to sell any car - this year they sell cars without discount.

--

AM
    www.aldo-yachting.de

RC:
    Ziggy:

Sorry I did not express myself correctly.  I meant "does it mean that the Panamera and Cayenne will even more canabilize each other".

On the occasion of this thread I looked up the origin of this term "Shooting Brake" (or Break  ).

This is how it originated:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting-brake

--

"Form follows function"

Targa Tim:

I will buy a Panamera station wagon.

+1 Smiley

It makes makes sense. A bit more cargo room and it is easier on the eyes. The ugly back end is gone and that likely would improve the heinous "blind spots" from the inside.

Both the Cayenne and Panamera's are auto sows so at least they should build a pretty one.Smiley

Ron (Houston):

Is Porsche trying to beat Ferrari FF in ugliness ?

shb.jpg

Ugliness? This looks like a huge improvement over the regular Panamera in my opinion, aesthetically speaking.

Kamal

what a funeral car!

Ziggy:

Sorry I did not express myself correctly.  I meant "does it mean that the Panamera and Cayenne will even more canabilize each other".

Good question. I actually think that Porsche is preparing for the future and it look as if China is becoming their market number one, overtaking the USA.

Now here's the Million dollar question: Do Chinese buy more Cayenne or more Panamera? Smiley

I said it before: I know so many people over here in Germany, myself included, who didn't go for the Panamera mainly because of how it looks. Not necessarily because of the design but because it looks...huge. It just sends the wrong message right now, even if the economic situation has improved. The Cayenne received a very sophisticated visual downsizing and maybe the Panamera will get it too sooner or later. Fact is: Porsche needs a variety of models to satisfy all markets and all possible customers. 

Like I said before, I'm very very curious about China because in my opinion, China may be the first market not looking for the "classic" Porsche, like for example the 911 but for something completely new.

Interesting times ahead... Smiley

--

Guys we know that this will happen. Same as a 2 door coupe, and a cab later. Porsche belongs to the VW Group now, and we all know that they have many different Variants on the same basis. They even have different Car brands with different Variants on one Basis. 

I am fine, as long as the 911 will keep the myth and maybe even profit out of this in future. Since we also know that the VW Group has also many great cars (brands) under the hood. 

According to my knowledge, the Panamera Cab project has been stopped some while ago because of rigidity/weight issues.

Right now, only the Coupe seems to come in 2014 or so.

--

RC:

According to my knowledge, the Panamera Cab project has been stopped some while ago because of rigidity/weight issues.

Right now, only the Coupe seems to come in 2014 or so.

they have plenty of time to fix it.

just borrow a chapter from Mercedes SL.

I'm really looking forward to a 2 door Panamera  turbo S in cab form.  It is a car that make more sense to me than a 911 cab for more room and utility.

hope Porsche is still looking at our threads.Smiley

--

Tim

Targa Tim:

they have plenty of time to fix it.

just borrow a chapter from Mercedes SL.

I'm really looking forward to a 2 door Panamera  turbo S in cab form.  It is a car that make more sense to me than a 911 cab for more room and utility.

hope Porsche is still looking at our threads.Smiley

You don't seem to understand: The project apparently has been cancelled. Since the 991 is getting longer, you will find more room in it, especially in the rear.

The Coupe is a different story, it seems to come as some sort of 928 revival (like some call it at Porsche) but it may get a slightly different look than the Panamera and even a new name.

--

929 Should be awesome, the engines are there.. the RS5 platform is there...

I really think they could create an amazing machine in a relatively short period of time.

929         V8   300hp
    929 S     V8    400hp
    929 T     V8    500hp

and why not a 929 S Hybrid with 380hp...

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

Atzporsche:

929 Should be awesome, the engines are there.. the RS5 platform is there...

Sports cars and luxury cars will be on Porsche platforms. Audi is out in this game.

929 will, if it will be, on a Panamera platform.

--

AM
    www.aldo-yachting.de

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688998 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408922 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255623 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234882 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65461 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4640 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857746 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773706 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM