Crown

Forum - Thread

The moment I've been waiting for...

Almost exactly one year ago I wrote a deposit check for a Riviera Blue GT3. Loved the car, thought seriously about it, but didn't get it. Why? Because I discovered the GT3RS- a much more sporty and fierce machine, that I have found is unlike any other. After being on the fence, for fear that the 4.0L would turn out to be a superior car in the future, I finally chose a side :) And I must add, I have never done anything as crazy as this!! Smiley

So...  about 10 days ago I received an email from my dealer that the Orion Leader, carrying the GT3RS I was to have on it, arrived at the San Diego Port. I started getting a little nervous (cold feet so to speak) ... Then yesterday I got another email that the car has been loaded onto the truck for transportation... more nervous... then a few hours later I received an email that the car has arrived at the dealership. Okay, I was ready to explode from excitement and nervousness. As you can imagine, I couldn't just sit at home knowing my car is at the dealership, so my wife, daughter and I drove to Circle Porsche to see our car. I have to admit the car, as specced, was love at first sight!!! I couldn't leave it there Smiley

The timing couldn't have been more perfect- my wife and I celebrated Valentines Day and then on top of that we got a new car... and a Porsche GT3RS at that! As soon as I saw the car I was sure- this, after a year of configuring and changing and waiting, was the car I have always wanted- if I had to do it again the specs would be the same.

A4  Grey Black

DZL Black Contrasting Color, Wheels and Graphics

78  Black Full Leather

450 PCCB

474 Lifter

603 Dynamic Cornering Lights

XUB Headlight Cleaner Ext Color

XMJ Rear Center Console Carbon

CDN Red Air Vent Slats

CFX Floor Mat with Red Leather Surround

CLA Thicker Steering Wheel Alcantara

XLG Alcantara Storage Lid w Logo

XSC Porsche Crest on Headrest

P23 PCM 3.0

490 Sound Package Plus

870 Universal Audio Interface

619 Bluetooth

The photos on the internet don't do justice to the car, really. The sound, the feel, the burning of fossil fuel :) ... don't know what it is, but it's perfect! On top of the perfect car, Michelle and Eric of Circle Porsche added to the great experience... it is my first Porsche after all and what a way to enter into the brand :)

My first drive in my new car was a stressful trip from the dealership to the gas station and back Smiley but I made it! I didn't scratch the bumper, crash into anything or damage anything else Smiley The drive home was interesting too (the rumbling and grumbling of the transmission and the amazing sound of this motor included), I figured that would probably be the hardest of the drives, after I did that successfully I figure I can do anything. :)

Well then, what you probably have been waiting for just like I have, a picture for you... and there will be more to come in the future!

Cheers and happy weekend and Valentines!

Re: The moment I've been waiting for...

Congrats again. More photos please...enjoy.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Congrats!

Love the exterior color Smiley

--

http://i54.tinypic.com/34fcl7a.jpg

Congrats! This car - in this color - is the no.1 on my wishlist! PERFECT 

Congrats ! It must also be one of your best day ever !!!

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

congrats

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Many many congrats, what a B.E.A.S.T !!!!

More pics please !!!! 

--

Very cool. Enjoy!

--

"We all love the music. What we hope is that the music loves us." -- Tom Waits

fantastic valentines gift. Better make an effort to spend that day with the wife hehe.

Looking forward to your update, pictures and exciting driving experiences

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

Congrats, amazing color combo!

Pilot:

The sound, the feel, the burning of fossil fuel :) ... don't know what it is, but it's perfect! [...] it is my first Porsche after all and what a way to enter into the brand :)

Congratulations. Great that you share your excitement with us! Smiley

a bit late to the party, but big congrats anyway.

--

Tim

2010 997.2 GT3RS;  2008 Cayenne Turbo;  2006 911 Club Coupe #13;  2011 Panamera 4

Congrats 

Fab car  - looking forward to many photos from all angles..

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

Thanks everyone for the congratulations! It has truly been a great experience for all of us.

Lars997: I love it too; I was looking forward to having a car with a solid color again.

Gnil: True it was, and it just keeps getting better.

Atzporsche: Yeah the timing is really great!

Mikla: I agree, it is an amazing color combo!

Ferdie: Thanks, glad to do it! That is what Rennteam is all about.

Targa Tim: What do you mean late to the party? It just got started.

John: Thanks, I will post more photos as soon as I have more time. My daughter already has some photo ideas in mind, but I am not sure if I will want to do what she asks...

Yesterday was day 2 with our RS : ) As you can imagine, I couldn't really sleep much the first night. It was a beautiful Saturday morning here in Southern California and seeing the brand new GT3RS put an even bigger smile on my face : )

I started out with inspecting the car and I must say that everything is flawless! The quality of the paint work is amazing and I couldn't find any scratches or damage on the underbody panels.

As for exciting experiences: as my wife and I drove yesterday, I saw a very interesting light pattern of blue and red in the rear-view mirror... I already got pulled over last night driving around town with my wifey. Luckely no ticket; I was just doing a U-turn where I shouldn't have ;-) I guess the cop wanted to see the car : )

Regarding the car overall, there is nothing really that I can add performance wise that has not been said already. Anyone sitting on the fence regarding this car should jump on it when it goes by.

It has been really difficult for me to keep my foot off the gas pedal and the sport button is very tempting too.  The engine just loves to rev; it spiked a couple times to the 5000 mark. That is where the party seems to really get going. My wife loves it too ...

Okay, then after breakfast I will try to get more familiar with my first Porsche and I will report back.

A quick question: is it true that the PCM does not charge the iPod when it is connected?

BTW, the wheel center caps will be replaced by the black ones with the red RS logos soon (that was the only thing that didn't make it with my special order).

Awesome exterior colour..

Congrats....

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

Pilot:

A quick question: is it true that the PCM does not charge the iPod when it is connected?

It does if you use the adaptor that has a Y shape ( which P actually should now provide from the start Smiley )

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Gnil:  It does if you use the adaptor that has a Y shape ( which P actually should now provide from the start Smiley )

Thanks Gnil. I promise next time I will read the manual before posting a question.

Another shot from when I picked up our 2011 RS from Circle Porsche in Long Beach:

What a great, great car and what a perfect way to start the Porsche experience.

And your pictures are magnificent as well.

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Great looking car, and you are right the RS centre caps will look great!

I see the US configurator offers a RS touring pack, were you tempted to go with that?

Congrats, this is such a magnificent car! One question: are the wheels factory-painted?  I thought the factory-painted wheel can be recognized by their silver outer circle, as we can see for e.g. on the black RS Spyder wheels of the Carrera GTS?

That color combo looks incredibly good. you must be over the moon. And Rossi is right, its a great way to start the porsche experience.

Life is beautiful Smiley enjoy it as much as yu can.

J.Seven

Thanks again for all the great feedback from you guys!

Rossi: And your pictures are magnificent as well.

Thanks! I will pass the credit on to my daughter, she is the art director of the family.

Woolfe: I see the US configurator offers a RS touring pack, were you tempted to go with that?

I tried to look up the touring pack but I couldn't find it; I'm not aware what it is. Do you have a Link to it?

Ziggy: One question: are the wheels factory-painted?

Yes, for the RS the whole wheel is completely painted in the contrasting color you choose.

Enmanuel: That color combo looks incredibly good. you must be over the moon. And Rossi is right, its a great way to start the porsche experience.

Thanks, I'm amazed myself at how much excitement a car can cause. Like Porsche advertises, it is a boy's dream coming true.

J.Seven: Life is beautiful Smiley enjoy it as much as yu can.

Thank you, I definitely will.

Today I spent most of my time inside the car getting familiar with all the controls, reading up in the manuals, and customizing some of the settings. I never knew that this could be so much fun. I'm really glad that I ordered the RS with the PCM and that I also opted out of the Sport Chrono. I think the 997 dash looks perfect without it.

It was also important that I went with full leather. The whole interior looks so much more special, the Alcantara feels so good, and the sport bucket seats look very racy.

There is one option that I absolutely love on our RS: the red painted air vent slats!!!

Ok, all these teaser shots are driving me crazy !! could we please get some proper pics 

Oh my that is so nice! I love the red interior contrast to the grey exterior.

A true track car for the road. Awesome pics so far, please feed us more

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

Fantastic color combination . it's a keeper !

wow, congrats!!!   LOVE IT!!!

Magnificent colour combo - wow

--

RT Moderator - 997.1 C2S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm sports suspension/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Fan-freakin-tastic!!

Congrats, and enjoy it well!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/17/24 7:48 AM
    GnilM
    661066 1775
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    400893 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    254555 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    228968 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    59308 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4372 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

853272 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    761332 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM