Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

GTS - any photos of a black car ?

Thanks. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Re: GTS - any photos of a black car ?

Oh, oh... I'm afraid were this is going  

you like black cars, your are trying to resist temptation of the GTS until the 991 is out but... 1+1 = ? 

--

Haha, I figured the same Carlos!

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Probably next week on www.porsche.com

Guys, I'm just curious about how it looks because I never saw a black one. All dealers seem to have white cars. Bummer.  

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Come to think about it, I've never seen one black either. I wonder how it looks too since the GTS comes with black wheels  

--

RC:

Guys, I'm just curious about how it looks because I never saw a black one. All dealers seem to have white cars. Bummer.  

Doesn't matter what you say, we don't believe you anyway. Smiley

BTW, there's a very nice brown metallic GTS cab in the new Christophorus magazine. Looks absolutely gorgeous. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:
    RC:

BTW, there's a very nice brown metallic GTS cab in the new Christophorus magazine. Looks absolutely gorgeous. Smiley

Thanks Rossi Smiley

Here is the link to the article:

http://files.porsche.com/filestore.aspx/default.pdf?pool=uk&type=download&id=christophorus-decemberjanuary2011-palm&...

--

Christian - here are a few in black... just to whet your appetite...

1296668301298Black 1.jpg

Black 2.jpg

Black 3.jpeg

Black 4.jpeg

Black 5.jpeg

Black 6.jpg

Black 7.jpg

BTW - centre locking RS Spyder wheels look better IMHO..

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

Amazing GTS pics, it looks stuning in black Smiley

RC wont go for the GTS,  I´m quite sure first 991 Cab unit to reach his Dealer will have his name all over it Smiley Smiley

J.Seven

John H:

BTW - centre locking RS Spyder wheels look better IMHO..

--

I can't decide which ones I like best for the GTS, I prefer the design of the RS Spyder wheels, but I do think they really need a spacer to fit the wide body. I get the feeling the track is a little too narrow with the RS Spyders. Does a spacer exist for centrelocks?

Carlos from Spain:
    Rossi:
    RC:

Thanks Rossi Smiley

Here is the link to the article:

http://files.porsche.com/filestore.aspx/default.pdf?pool=uk&type=download&id=christophorus-decemberjanuary2011-palm&...

Stunning indeed! Is the color Macadamia Metallic? Smiley

I think the color is meteor grey. The color looks brown because of the early/late sun, everythings is more red because of the light

I can't decide which ones I like best for the GTS, I prefer the design of the RS Spyder wheels, but I do think they really need a spacer to fit the wide body. I get the feeling the track is a little too narrow with the RS Spyders. Does a spacer exist for centrelocks?

No, Porsche does not approve wheel spacers for the RS Spyder wheels with center lock.

More "disadvantages" of the RS Sypder wheels: You need a second winter tire wheel set if you live in regions with snow and this set costs around 6100 EUR incl. tax.

In case of a tire puncture, you need an official Porsche dealer to fix it because putting the wheel back on requires special equipment which uses exactly 500 Nm of torque, cost is around 750 EUR and it is pretty big.

On the other hand, the RS Sypder wheels look absolutely stunning.

--

My comment in the pictures I posted above was referring to 'appearance' and we have no need for winter tyres in the UK.

What does concern me is your reference to €750 being the cost for putting a wheel back on...

What does this cover?  I mean.. just the labour for one wheel, labour for one wheel including the cost of a tyre, labour for 4 wheels? 

Please could you enlarge...thank you.

--

I believe he is referring to the cost of the tool that is needed for securing the centre lock nut.

If is the same as on the GT3, you'll need a torque wrench which is capable of torques up to 550Nm. These tools are quite long and quite expensive. Additionally, the wheel must be in the air when secured so you need a second person who sits on the brakes (at least for the front wheels). It is a major PITA, especially if you want to remove them for cleaning.

On top of that, Porsche issued an service bulletin for the GT3s which states that you have to "grease" the nut with Optimoly or a similar product and increase the torque before track usage (and decrease afterwards again)... 

Overall, while the centre lock wheels look terrific, that does not compensate enough for the disadvantages that come with them (for people that go to the track or want to remove their wheels themselfes for cleaning, etc...)

--

Matt C
    2009 997 GT3 Mk2  / 1988 911 3.2 Conv.

Matt C:

I believe he is referring to the cost of the tool that is needed for securing the centre lock nut.

If is the same as on the GT3, you'll need a torque wrench which is capable of torques up to 550Nm. These tools are quite long and quite expensive. Additionally, the wheel must be in the air when secured so you need a second person who sits on the brakes (at least for the front wheels). It is a major PITA, especially if you want to remove them for cleaning.

On top of that, Porsche issued an service bulletin for the GT3s which states that you have to "grease" the nut with Optimoly or a similar product and increase the torque before track usage (and decrease afterwards again)... 

Overall, while the centre lock wheels look terrific, that does not compensate enough for the disadvantages that come with them (for people that go to the track or want to remove their wheels themselfes for cleaning, etc...)

Very well said. Thank you. Smiley

--

It's funny - the centre lock design was supposed to make the GT3 more like wheels used in motorsport - but given the disadvantages and hassle involved, it appears to have created the opposite result

--

RT Moderator - 997.1 C2S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm sports suspension/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Matt C:

Thanks Matt for clearing that up...phew! I beginning to worry!

The old problem - lost in translation..

--

Hi RC.  I saw a black/lblack GTS cab recently at a Florida dealer.  It had ceramics, lots of other options, and cost well over $140K,  I honestly did not like the color combo--white would be much better--and for that price I would much prefer a Panamera Turbo.   To me the GTS emphasizes sport, and a white coupe fits that image far better.

sorry Wonderbar, I just cant agree. color is so subjective.

Agree to disagree, and really we are agreeing to the absence of color...

Thanks  John...I hope you enjoyed  few days drive with your GTS.

--

2006 997 C2S Cab, Triple Black,  2006 Cayenne Titanium Iceland Silver Metalic New York

Wonderbar:

Agree to disagree, and really we are agreeing to the absence of color...

Indeed!Smiley

Smiley

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM