Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: I thought this day would never come

sorry guys i have try 3 times to explan abut the turbo and what i have been up to but my dam internet connection keeps crashing,

will try another day ,

cheers

waz

Nice car, Sir.. Some lovely options and details there.. enjoy 

--

2007 987S, KW v3 1964 Type 1

Looks beautiful! The deviated stitching and the carbon is stunning. It's already pleasure watching it, hard to imagine how fascinating the drive is! Enjoy and drive safely!

Reading this I hope you found a 70 year old rich girlfriend who drives a Turbo!  

Nice ride in any case, scenery I'm not that sure about.

--

993 Targa Black/Black

My trailer idea did not not go well when my farmer friend saw the size of it he went mad saying i would need planning permission for a mobile home that big and it could not stay here ,

So sold it back to the dealer i bought from as quite a loss,

I then bought a holiday home on a park whitch i am happy with,

Things went much better with my 997 turbo :]

Its a 2007 model with 10000 miles on it when i bought it from Porsche Swindon,

As you can see the spec is great carbon , red stiching and belts , polished wheel centres , sports adaptive seats , leather bound centre console , 6 speed , sports cro ,

I did a track day at my local race track Brands Hatch kent on my birthday 20th may

Thanks to Porsche GB owners club arranging everything,

I just cant belive how amazing it is every time i am about to drive it i get a rush even after 3 months of owner ship,

The only problem is i have done 6000 miles in 3 months lol ,

I just can stop driving it , i look for any reason to use it ,

Worth every pound ,

Its not offten the realality it better than the dream but in this case it is by far ,

cheers

waz

It sure is an unusual story to tell and I respect your courage and your perseverance for realizing "your" dream. 

Congratulations to this beautiful 911 Turbo !! She's a real treat! 
    --

I love this sentence "Its not offten the realality it better than the dream but in this case it is by far"

Good for you, David..

Carry on enjoying it and in good health, its a lovely machine..

Take care....

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

david thompson:

Well apart from the birth of my daughter "i got to say that in case she ever reads this " lol,
    Now i am 42 single and just in the last stages of selling my house,I have worked hard and over the years and my house has made money,So i was thinking to myself i can treat myself to a nice car, then what did i see ,A sweet black 997 turbo and though wtf that day has arrived ,I can not really afford it , but my friend owns a farm so instead of buying a cheper car and a smaller house i asked him if i could buy a trailer and rent some land off him and he said sure for as long as you want mate :] ,I have decided to go for it lol ,If dont do it now i never will,Every morning i expect to wake up and rethink what i am doing but much to my delight i just get more excited hehehe ,And there is not many things left in life that make me feel like that ,My mates think i am completely mad but they are still married lol ,So hopfuly in the next 2 weeks or so i am buying my first Porsche and a 997 turbo at that ,I feel like a kid on xmas eve every day at the moment,

Great forums guys by the way,

Cant wait to post my first pic

cheers dudes

waz

I appreciate everyone who lives by its own rules, as long as respect for each other is preserved.

In life, there are always two roads to follow, the road which everyone goes where the rules and options are imposed by society, and our own road which is driven by our dream.

The first road is the easiest one, the safest one, the road known to be the best because it doesn´t have any potholes, there are gas station everywhere and assistance if you needed. . But this road ´doesn´t give you any rush, it´s predictable, it´s a  straight four line highway with no curves, up hills or down hills, but even so, you wont be able to go more than 120Kph. The views in this road is concrete buildings after concrete buildings, no tries or green forest to see. On this road you´ll have plenty of traffic because it´s the road everyone chooses to go, and you are just one more human in the middle of the crowd, there´s no emotions at all driving thru it, but still, it is said by society to be the safest one for you and your family to go...is it really????????

Than we have the second road. On this one, you will be all alone, everyone will say not to follow it because it´s an unknown road and there might be many dangerous while driving thru it. On this road you only have one lane and there are some potholes, there´s no safe net, no space for errors,...but... there are plenty of demanding curves and fascinating up hills and down hills, the scenery is amazing with sea from one side and the mountains in the other,  it will be exciting to avoid those damn potholes and you can go + 300Kph if you want... this is the road of your dreams, and because your dreams feed your mind and body this is the road some people choose to go.

The courage to choose our way while respecting other´s people options, and not going with the crowd just because it´s the "political right decision", its what makes us stand out from the crowd, its what makes us feel "alive", its what makes us humans, and not animals.

I wish you many happy miles with your car... keep yourself  "alive"...be and feel human Smiley

J.Seven

good post ^^ and good thread. It's a great looking car. The red contrast is very nice.

My 928 has been better than I had hoped too.

Great looking car with lovely spec - enjoy  

--

RT Moderator - 997.1 Carrera S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Rennteam signature photo 2.jpg

That carbon interior is absolutely amazing. 

david thompson:

My trailer idea did not not go well when my farmer friend saw the size of it he went mad saying i would need planning permission for a mobile home that big and it could not stay here ,

So sold it back to the dealer i bought from as quite a loss,

I then bought a holiday home on a park whitch i am happy with,

Things went much better with my 997 turbo :]

Its a 2007 model with 10000 miles on it when i bought it from Porsche Swindon,

As you can see the spec is great carbon , red stiching and belts , polished wheel centres , sports adaptive seats , leather bound centre console , 6 speed , sports cro ,

I did a track day at my local race track Brands Hatch kent on my birthday 20th may

Thanks to Porsche GB owners club arranging everything,

I just cant belive how amazing it is every time i am about to drive it i get a rush even after 3 months of owner ship,

The only problem is i have done 6000 miles in 3 months lol ,

I just can stop driving it , i look for any reason to use it ,

Worth every pound ,

Its not offten the realality it better than the dream but in this case it is by far ,

cheers

waz

Many congrats on this great car Smiley

Thanks very much guys for all your kind words and support,

I would do more posts but im out driving the wheels off my 997 turbo everyday

cheers

waz

I do not know why, but this thread sticks in my head.

A impulsive buy by david, hope his all good....Are you out there, dt ?......

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

Great car mate! I'm so happy to hear you are out there driving it every day! 

It's a beautiful car, i love the interior bits. All the best, and keep RT updated.

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

@Atz, its an old thread, bud. I just always remember this purchase thinking,,, wow.....

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

DT - i missed this thread on the 1st round: smart move on following through notwithstanding the intital well intentioned responses/concerns/advice from the other members.

Basalt Black i presume? that interior is stunning; i particularly like the painted centre console in that interrior; the Vulcan grey can look a little cheap.

the sound in those babies as you go from 3k rpm and fly past  the 4k rpm band is like nothing else imo. so different than hearing the sport exhausts of my current machines.

great other little touches on the car - clear side markers; the alu treatment on the mirror lower wing. 

i say to grab that adaptive sport seat, sit inside and enjoy a small glass of port.

--
    08 RS 60 Spyder 08 GTS-6spd Manual 06 LR3-V8 HSE 04 C4S sold 08 Cayenne Turbo PDCC sold

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    764218 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    436431 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261007 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257934 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82626 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5329 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

876799 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    808830 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM