Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Pagani C9 details

Smiley

--

There is no try. Just do.

from EVO

Well, the wait is finally over and we all now know about the car which will replace the Pagani Zonda. Called the Huayra, the first thing people ask me is how you pronounce its name; it's Wie-era, which sounds slightly Geordie but is the name given to an ancient Argentinean God of wind. No, I'm not going there..

After some badly scanned photographs leaked from a Spanish car magazine, for a while it didn't look too clever for Pagani but now some proper images are out there, it seems most of the early doubters have gone quiet. All I can say is once you see the Huayra for real, it looks very, very special. I can understand who think it's not beautiful in the traditional sense but boy does it have presence, as you'll see from our photo shoot in the next issue of evo (out 2nd Feb) and the video here.

My sources within Pagani also tell me it will be the Huayra's performance that will shock people the most for, once past the headline 0-100kph time, this car should be Veyron quick. Do a quick calculation of the bhp/tonne and the Huayra is as near as damn it the same as the 1000hp Bug but then look at torque/tonne and you'll see it's over 20% better than a Veyron. Official performance figures will be released at Geneva.

Finally, if you're worried about the Huayra being turbocharged, then remember Horacio Pagani told me in an interview we published in our August 2010 issue, he was looking at producing a lightweight Pagani, fitted with a normally aspirated V8 (I'm guessing along the lines of the SLS AMG's 563bhp V8) to go on sale sometime around 2015. I understand this is still his intention and the project even has a name now, its called the C10...

EVO, Harry Metcalfe

Heist:

You´re so naugthy Smiley

I think the front takes time to get use to, the rear is more roundish and pretty, but not so unique as the older model, Pagani never was my cup of tea regarding design, it´s always to busy in and out... now those 700 Turbo charger HP must be a dream come true Smiley 

J.Seven

Heist, you rock! 

The pictures of it on the road look less offensive but I just can't imagine how huge a twit someone would have to be to believe THIS was the car that would finally make him feel OK about who he is in live.

I mean really, who is there in your live who would see you drive by in this, slap his head and think, Golly, I was wrong, he must really be SOMEONE! The car has hand stitched leather behind the foot pedals.

That explains everything!

--

"We all love the music. What we hope is that the music loves us." -- Tom Waits

I would like to see this car in black or white, with black wheels Smiley

hmmm, it looks better in the video.

I am sure the dog was about to lift his leg on the rear wheel

Here's the first review, very informative

Its a strange thing. Its kind of beginning to grow on me, largely due to the video, but there are some things that I really still don't like - and they are the same things I didn't like about the Zonda. Though those things got progressively better as the Zonda developed - particularly with the roof intake.

The 'bubble' canopy is still kind of an issue for me - though the airiness it seems to create on the interior is pretty special. The interior is getting a bit busy as well, especially with all the colors. Its starting to look like Japanese cartoon over saddle leather in there.

The protrusion of the tail shown in the profile pic is just bad. There is no other way to put it than that. That said, I'm getting to like the front end, especially with that large swoop on the side. And the detailing/fetishism. You've got to love the attention given there.

I think this car will eventually grow on us all as the Zonda did.

Max Power at 5000 RPM? Redline ta 6000 RPM? What's next? A turbodiesel? 

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

It does look a lot better in the EVO Magazine pictures. Slowly growing on me I'm afraid!

REALZEUS:

The engine makes 811 tq @ 3500 rpm; there's no need for a high max rpm number. A second after you nail the gas, you're already in the peak of the tq curve and can just stay there. Only small piston or short stroke under square engines need to rev to the sky.
    --

...the only thing stopping you in all likelihood, is you!

Heist:
    REALZEUS:

The engine makes 811 tq @ 3500 rpm; there's no need for a high max rpm number. A second after you nail the gas, you're already in the peak of the tq curve and can just stay there. Only small piston or short stroke under square engines need to rev to the sky.

Yeah... boring as hell!!! Smiley They joy of high revs and the correspinding sound is unmatched! Low end torque is more akin to trucks rather than hypercars! 

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

REALZEUS:
    Heist:
    REALZEUS:

Yeah... boring as hell!!! Smiley They joy of high revs and the correspinding sound is unmatched! Low end torque is more akin to trucks rather than hypercars! 

I know what you mean, but alas this is the trend. The typical hypercar sound will slowly fading out like the roar of dinosaurs.

Look at the direction of Peugot and Audi - they race turbo diesels that are nearly silent on the track. Electric - Hybrid engines, silent. The only thing you hear is gear whine.

--

Not necessarily. Ferraris are set to be NA, Lamborghinis and Aston Martins also. 

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

What stunning attention to detail!  

--

2007 987S, KW v3 1964 Type 1

Incredible how low this car is ! 

Other than on super-smooth tracks/roads, it is completely useless if you ask me...Smiley

But it's an amazing car nevertheless. Except the twin-turbo engine which is utterly and completely Rubbish (sound-wise at least): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqWKWJ7jiCw

From Pagani press release:

The M158 engine is certified to the strictest environmental regulations and EU5 LEV2 and, despite a significant increase in power compared to engine developed by Mercedes-AMG in the past for Pagani, fuel consumption and thus CO2 emissions have been killed so that Huayra holds the record among female athletes to 12 cylinders, with values close to cars on the market of displacements and lower powers.

Are they fucking kidding me ?? Who cares about fuel economy and emissions it's a freaking HIPERCAR you morons ! You only make 20 units per year, you "twin-turbo" imbecils. It's official: mister Pagani is a moron Smiley

The large 85-liter tank ensures a longer range travel.

Now that's what I want from my 1 million dollar hipercar. Range. I'm amazed they didn't put a diesel in it. Maybe the "Pagani Huayra Limited Green Edition" will get it though Smiley

REALZEUS:

Yes, because then you'll get even better mileage and fuel economy...Smiley

It's official: mister Pagani is a moron Smiley 

Hey guy. Lets call a spade a spade here. Mr. Pagani has given us one of the most beautifully detailed, best sounding, fastest and most exciting cars we've ever seen. He's carrying the torch for the insane Italian hypercar in an era where Lambos are now German (and therefore sensible) and Ferrari is making computers on wheels.

He is, if nothing else, unequivocally NOT a moron. Lets give him the benefit of the doubt here.

He's just playing according to the trends. The real morons are the general public, triggering a change in demand within the automotive industry. How many celebrities in Hollywood own a Prius, which is a terrible car to stand beside their Porsches, Mercedes and Ferraris.

Look at Porsche and how serious they are going down the hybrid direction.. it isn't because they care about being %5 more friendly to the environment.. Consumer demand.

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

We could sit here and nitpick as much as we want but this will not change the fact that this is a masterpiece which ever way we look at it.. Thank you Mr. Pagani for creating another Awesome machine.

--

ha:

We could sit here and nitpick as much as we want but this will not change the fact that this is a masterpiece which ever way we look at it.. Thank you Mr. Pagani for creating another Awesome machine.

+1 Smiley  

--

Mini Clubman  S

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ha:

Awesome.

Not so awesome.

--

Heist:
    ha:

Awesome.

Not so awesome.

Heist you have to compare the huayra with the very first Zonda the c12 and not with the last evolution.

--

Mini Clubman  S

mikigta:
    Heist:
    Awesome.

Heist you have to compare the huayra with the very first Zonda the c12 and not with the last evolution.

Michele, we don't necessarily have to take the Cinque, whose colour scheme I even find a bit over the top.
    Already the C12/S is a work of art and wins the comparison with the Huayra hands down. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:
    mikigta:
    Heist:
    Awesome.

Michele, we don't necessarily have to take the Cinque, whose colour scheme I even find a bit over the top.
    Already the C12/S is a work of art and wins the comparison with the Huayra hands down. Smiley

Actually the pic you posted was of a blue C12S, that had a revised front and new rear engine cover. The first Zonda the C12 had a way uglier front and rear and is the real Huayra benchmark. As I said before, its going to be an evolutionary process for this car.

Heres a pic of a 12C (not many online) Notice the flat squarish front end without the trademark pointy bit on the following models. just like in the Zonda I predict the followup "S" variant of the Huayra will bring that back and divide the front in the future, making it more agressive.

pagani_zonda_c12_05.jpg

Enmanuel:
    Rossi:
    mikigta:
    Heist:
    Awesome.

Actually the pic you posted was of a blue C12S, that had a revised front and new rear engine cover. The first Zonda the C12 had a way uglier front and rear and is the real Huayra benchmark. As I said before, its going to be an evolutionary process for this car.

Heres a pic of a 12C (not many online) Notice the flat squarish front end without the trademark pointy bit on the following models. just like in the Zonda I predict the followup "S" variant of the Huayra will bring that back and divide the front in the future, making it more agressive.

pagani_zonda_c12_05.jpg

I know that the blue one is a S, that's why I wrote C12/S. Smiley

I even find the first C12 breathtaking (and better than this Hooray BTW). Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:
    Enmanuel:
    Rossi:
    mikigta:
    Heist:
    Awesome.

I know that the blue one is a S, that's why I wrote C12/S. Smiley

I even find the first C12 breathtaking (and better than this Hooray BTW). Smiley

Oh sorry Rossi I must've overlooked it. Still, compared to the final versions on the Zonda sure the new one doesn't look quite as ... well Spectacular. But I do believe as a starting platform it is better then the C12, imho although I'm not crazy about it right now but I know it will lead to even better places than the Zonda did, and thats no small feat.

I also have different feeling about this new car sometimes i like it.....depends on the picture....

IMO the huayra hasn't the classic supercar shape that's why it look so strange IMHO

PS

Give me a Zonda Tricolore and i will happy for all my life

--

Mini Clubman  S

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM