Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Ferrari estate breaks with tradition

Damn..... I really like it in this pic I don't know why Ferrari didn't release this photo to start with. I'm looking forward to seeing it on Thursday now.

Silver front.JPG

Now that pic is way better than the other ones . But I still can't make up my mind, theres just something about it that doesn't set right with me. 

Iain, strange thing is that you now like FF... Personally, I am utterly dissapointed with its design. Z3 Coupe had a sex with 458 Italia with little help from some tranny... Sorry but, this is the way I see FF's looks.

On the other hand FF is technical tour de force. Just, it is also pretty big car. What is the point of having this car if you already own 458? As 4wd all season car there are a lot better choice out there-IMHO.

I may like it from this pic Kreso but that isn't the same as wanting to buy it   I'll stick with the 458 and Cali as my preffered F cars. If I wanted a fast four seater I'd take a Panamera over this and save a lot of money in the process.

I'm guessing Ferrari will be happy to sell only around 1000 of these a year and don't think they'll have any troubling shifting that sort of volume spread across all the markets they sell into.

Definitely a niche market, but that was always the case with the previous iterations of this car. Still, something has to be said for a n/a V12 660hp car...

Ferrari is missing on one market though, a V12 Cali with slightly bigger rear seat.

ISUK:

Damn..... I really like it in this pic
    I'm looking forward to seeing it on Thursday now.

I saw that coming. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:
    ISUK:

Damn..... I really like it in this pic
    I'm looking forward to seeing it on Thursday now.

I saw that coming. Smiley

Smiley

FF = BMW Z3....it's the same car!!!!  What is possible this incredible error by Ferrari????  Smiley 

Look how a simple change makes all the diference...

Why didn`t Ferrari draw this car more like the one in blue?...

Ferrari_FF_1.jpg

Ferrari_FF_2.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r-2r_sh5W8&hd=1

pjd:

Look how a simple change makes all the diference...

Why didn`t Ferrari draw this car more like the one in blue?...

Then there would be absolutely no space for the rear passengers. Smiley

(but the blue one looks better of course)

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

The blue one is the current 612 space wise. Ok rear seats but no real trunk space.

Just got back from my trip to the factory to have a private viewing of the FF. It's stunning in the metal and the pic's seen thus far of it really fail to convey the great proportions and lovely styling details on this car. The tech under the skin is very impressive and the performance stats are incredible. We had a briefing by one of the engineers fresponsible for developing the FF and it really has been designed first and foremost as a drivers car and they have used many parameters from the 599 as a benchmark for it.

The frontal styling is the best resolved design I've seen from Ferrari in a number of years. The lights do not look anything like the 458 in person. They have a very subtle curvature in the glass that follows the crease line from the wing top and flows into the corner of the front bumper. You simply don't see this in the pics posted thus far. The rear looks great and far more sculpted than the pic's convey and there is a lot of aero trickery going on there.

I'd strongly suggest that before you make up your mind on this car you reserve your final judgement until you see one in the metal and can sit in it. You may be in for a pleasant surprise. It has real presence from the front with a very wide and low stance.

The interior is lovely especially when trimmed with the new annaline leather which looks extremely luxurious. I'm 6'1" and could sit comfortably in the rear with a 5'10" driver in front. There was acres of room but nor did I feel at all cramped. The designers have paid lots of attention to the detailing on the interior.

I fear I may succumb to buying one after all

You´re 6,1 and could sit confortable in the rear Smiley, gosh, many 4 door cars don´t offer that much space Smiley

I also believe this car must have a great stance on real life, nice to see you like it, now when are going to receive it Smiley

J.Seven

J.Seven:

You´re 6,1 and could sit confortable in the rear Smiley, gosh, many 4 door cars don´t offer that much space Smiley

I also believe this car must have a great stance on real life, nice to see you like it, now when are going to receive it Smiley

J.Seven

Allocation is going to be fairly limited. Even if I put in an order now the earliest I could hope to get delivery would most likely be just over a year from now.... unless any strings can be pulled by Ferrari Northern Europe for me.

Can you compare to the rear seats of the current 612? Same for trunk space...

I'll go with the guy who's been there, ISUK.

It's official, a great car. Can't wait to see one on the road.Smiley

--

"We all love the music. What we hope is that the music loves us." -- Tom Waits

Anyone know if this might be the first of other Ferraris that will use the 4WD drivetrain?   Maybe a 458 Italia "Lugano" model?  Smiley

--

2010 Audi S5,  2009 Porsche 911S

SciFrog:
    Can you compare to the rear seats of the current 612? Same for trunk space...

The trunk space of the FF is larger than the Panamera by volume. The fitted luggage set has 5 cases. The centre section between the rear seats can be folded down and and a full size ski bag will comfortably fit in and still allow for passengers to travel in comfort. Standard golf bags will comfortably fit in the trunk and they say a full size competition bag will fit in with the centre section between the seats folded they said. They had some very nice bespoke golf bags on display in matching cuoio leather.

Each rear seat also folds down allowing quite a versatile luggage/passenger layout mix. Rear seat space is better than the 612 I was told (I've never sat in the back of one of those).

The 4 wheel drive system is very clever and very light weight for such a system so I should imagine it will filter across to other models in time as it improves performance and driveability by controlling loss of power to any wheel.

pictures ?  

BjoernB:

pictures ?  

There was no chance of that I'm afraid. The tour guide girls came round and politely put security stickers across any mobile phone camera lenses. For added protection we were advised that we were being filmed during the viewing.

It was perfectly fair I have to say as they want maximum impact for the car at the Geneva show and have seen the various pics of the car we were shown that have been "leaked" by a previous visitior to a pre-launch viewing so don't want to see any more such shots appearing.

ISUK:
    J.Seven:

J.Seven

Allocation is going to be fairly limited. Even if I put in an order now the earliest I could hope to get delivery would most likely be just over a year from now.... unless any strings can be pulled by Ferrari Northern Europe for me.

I have been told around £250K on the road  - is that what you are hearing as well?

The base price is going to be around £213k I believe.

ISUK:

The base price is going to be around £213k I believe.

More expensive than 458 Smiley Well, it has a V12, in the end.

I'm surprised you like the FF Iain; Then it must be very good. Thank you for sharing your experience Smiley

--

ONUR

11 M3 Coupe AW

09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

I really do think this is a car you simply have to see in person to appreciate so that you can appreciate the fine surface details on the exterior and enjoy the hand crafted luxury of the interior.

There is a new trim option for example that doesn't yet have an official name but is referred to as "fettucine" just now as it resembles the long flat pasta strips. It would be spec'ed instead of the piping you could have around the seat edges.  It is an inlaid strip of alcantara stitched beneath the two adjacent leather panels so that it gains a counter sunk look. It's very effective and they had an example swatch where the leather was the new aniline finish in cuoio with the inserts strip in a contrasting cream alcantara. It looked great IMHO.

Was there only one car to be seen? What was the color combo? How do other guests felt about this car? Did you notice a posite opinion among most people on this VIP group ;) ?

J.Seven

There was only one car on display. It was the one in the real life pics in Grigio Ferro metallic with the Cuoio aniline leather option on the interior, standard diamond finish wheels (same design as ones on the official pics of the red car), Nero dash top, Nero alcantara headliner and various options. It looked very elegant in this combination and every inch the luxury, sporting GT. There were about 10 people in my group, a mix of Dutch and British and all seemed genuinely impressed by the car. I didn't hear a single negative comment on the design.

ISUK:

I really do think this is a car you simply have to see in person to appreciate so that you can appreciate the fine surface details on the exterior and enjoy the hand crafted luxury of the interior.

There is a new trim option for example that doesn't yet have an official name but is referred to as "fettucine" just now as it resembles the long flat pasta strips. It would be spec'ed instead of the piping you could have around the seat edges.  It is an inlaid strip of alcantara stitched beneath the two adjacent leather panels so that it gains a counter sunk look. It's very effective and they had an example swatch where the leather was the new aniline finish in cuoio with the inserts strip in a contrasting cream alcantara. It looked great IMHO. 

Ferrari at its best Smiley

--

ONUR

11 M3 Coupe AW

09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

ISUK:
    There was only one car on display. It was the one in the real life pics in Grigio Ferro metallic with the Cuoio aniline leather option on the interior, standard diamond finish wheels (same design as ones on the official pics of the red car), Nero dash top, Nero alcantara headliner and various options. It looked very elegant in this combination and every inch the luxury, sporting GT. There were about 10 people in my group, a mix of Dutch and British and all seemed genuinely impressed by the car. I didn't hear a single negative comment on the design.

Iain,

What is the color difference between Grigio Ferro and Grigio Titanium?

--

ONUR

11 M3 Coupe AW

Ferro is a slightly darker shade of grey with more metal flakes in it l think. It looks far nicer than Titanio IMHO which can look slightly washed out.

ISUK:

The tech under the skin is very impressive and the performance stats are incredible.

Anything new apart from the stats that have been released you can reveal ?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/16/24 3:13 PM
    watt
    754333 1797
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    431232 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258783 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255718 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79733 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5262 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868706 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    802505 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM