Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Pagani C9 details

I love it! But I wonder why they turbocharged it, it's a very light car..

it already grew on me during above pictures - initially I didn't knew what to do with the Zonda design as well but having seen a couple in flesh now I think it's beautiful - I am sure it will be the same here. No matter of how u look at it - the attention of detail is unmatched !

it's growing on me too.

http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/262738/new_pagani_huayra_supercar_the_700bhp_zonda_replacement.html

check out the evo link and small video - looks already much better !!!!

A fter seven years of hard work I am now able to tell you a little brief history and the path that led to the birth of the Huayra, project name C9.

The concept was born in 2003, the year of the introduction of the Zonda S Roadster. As you may recall the early 2000s were prosperous for the world of supercars. The commitment of big car manufacturers have contributed to the rise of extraordinary cars like the Bugatti Veyron, Porsche Carrera GT, Ferrari Enzo, Mercedes McLaren SLR.
    This context led us to make several observations concerning the future of the Zonda and what could be a new Pagani. Since the original design of the Zonda was done in the early 90s the first thought was that it was now an obsolete project and we decided to imagine the car totally different in form, dimension, dynamics and technology, all this without losing the essence of our approach, to follow a concept born in the Renaissance where Leonardo da Vinci told us that art and science are disciplines that need to walk alongside. The eternal element air in all its forms, especially wind, became determining in defining the concept and it was a great inspiration, a sit is ever present in our lives: a jet turbine, the silence of a glider... the elegance of the movements the wind creates&hellip but also the violence and force that it can unleash.

The Huayra is made of more than 4000 components (engine and gearbox not included). To create them and put them together requires creativity, patience and passion that I shared with a fantastic young team and with the most competent partner in all sectors.
    In defining the size, I immediately thought of a car that would be longer than the Zonda, a track increased by 70 mm, a cabin position shifted 40 mm to the back and even more spacious. The silhouette should be soft, easy to read and form itself from lean and sleek lines that have a clear beginning and an end.

As the style is concerned during these five years we have tried to find the best compromise working on 8 scale models and 2 full scale models, as well as hundreds of drawings without never leaving the original idea and taking meticulous care of the details.
    The ideas were of including elliptical shapes reminding of our brand in the front and at the back, keeping the central exhaust as the completion of the line of the canopy, the line starting at the headlight area that continues and ends into the air intake. We also thought from the beginning of active aerodynamics. Flaps that are activated according to the study of results gathered through calculations and aerodynamic testing. The whole car is shaped as a wing so it was necessary to create a high front to reduce the length of the upper part of this wing to counteract lift.
    The active suspension in the front and the 4 flaps allow to optimally balance the drag coefficient and downforce.

Mercedes-AMG has created a truly unique and lightweight engine, a twin turbo with over 700 HP and 1100 Nm of torque that perfectly complements the car giving a feeling that has motivated our research: that of the brute force of an airplane taking off.
    The main focus was in a power delivery that was linear and not with lag, because that could potentially create safety problems or a continuous operation of electronic driving aids.
    Mercedes-AMG already 5 years ago thought about the coming environmental restrictions by creating a 12-cylinder engine that is at the peak of efficiency in terms of CO2 and consumption.

Pirelli has created a very progressive tyre with a exceptional grip in all situations and with low rolling friction. Every aspect of safety was treated not only to comply with the highest standards of the United States but also taking into account the dynamic by which most accidents with high performance rear engined cars occur.

While developing the C9 we witnessed the evolution of the different models of the Zonda and it showed us that the Zonda wasn’t obsolete as I had originally feared. The Zonda R has been a key laboratory for the Huayra. The team was able to work on many projects at the same time driving on different tracks that occasionally came to meet by sharing engineering concepts, materials, safety and scientific or design studies.

Horacio Pagani

The interior looks amazing - but the front and rear need improving IMO.

--

RT Moderator - 997.1 C2S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm sports suspension/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

I like it!

Great building block for Pagani, can't wait to start seeing all of the special editions based on it.  And hopefully I will get to see one in North America finally!

--
    2007 997TT Blk/Blk 2007 X3 Sil Gry/Taupe 2002 E46 M3 Slvr/Blk (gone)

The cockpit is a little too much "Spyker" for me...Smiley

Blueflame Smiley

I still can't get over the 'catfish' looks at the front end ...

--

RT Moderator - 997.1 C2S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm sports suspension/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

It doesn't grow on me either, the front seems as if it's designed to cushion pedestrians in a collission..

Now these pics are a bit better than the ones before, but for it's still valid: Zonda all the way.

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

I find the exterior hideous! The interior is downright kitch! 

I expect the new Lambo V12 to be a better and nicer car than this.

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

Please give a nice welcome to Zonda C9.2011.01.26 Release Candidate 1 - The Aero edition...

It's the old car optimized all around but mostly on aerodynamics.

I don't hate it but I don't love it either. I respect the work of Mr. Pagani.

I can't help smile myself seeing "form following function" type of design on this car.

--

There is no try. Just do.

Atzporsche:

really strange looking car it is. Im not sure whether it's a poorly done kit car or a Russian Zonda knockoff

PS, look at these two flaps in the front hood in the above picture... WTF is that? active downforce? 

1296019164642Picture 3.png

Yes, it's clear from the rear spoiler picture and this picture - the car employs active aero.

There's nothing wrong with that all. Air is nothing more than a fluid and these vanes and flaps act like boat rudders or a plane's alerions helping to vector or slow the car in conjunction with its mechanical grip.

However, the styling still does not compute with me.

--

...the only thing stopping you in all likelihood, is you!

I really like it except for the feminine leaf shaped taillight console and leaf shaped mirrors, and the placement...looks weird. 

JP66:

I really like it except for the feminine leaf shaped taillight console and leaf shaped mirrors, and the placement...looks weird. 

This picture is by far the best one of this car. 

cause it's still far away

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

Smiley

--

There is no try. Just do.

Atzporsche:

cause it's still far away

Smiley

--

Still want:

Do not want the Hyabusa .or HyKarate or whatever the hell they're calling it.

--

blueflame:

The cockpit is a little too much "Spyker" for me...Smiley

Blueflame Smiley

+1,

just too much for a sportscar. Replace the shiny bits with carbon and it might look better.

Guess you have to see the car in person, but in doesn't come across well on pictures. Smiley

cant wait for the first review......

Heist:
    Atzporsche:

really strange looking car it is. Im not sure whether it's a poorly done kit car or a Russian Zonda knockoff

PS, look at these two flaps in the front hood in the above picture... WTF is that? active downforce? 

1296019164642Picture 3.png

Yes, it's clear from the rear spoiler picture and this picture - the car employs active aero.

There's nothing wrong with that all. Air is nothing more than a fluid and these vanes and flaps act like boat rudders or a plane's alerions helping to vector or slow the car in conjunction with its mechanical grip.

However, the styling still does not compute with me.

Perhaps this, especially the weird front, is a necessary styling compromise for the active aero to work properly?

Apparently the entire car acts as a spoiler and the short, high front end was necessary for this effect to work properly. The looks have grown on me quite a bit as I predicted. The only reservation I still have about this car is the fact that it uses turbocharging and will not match the Zonda in terms of raw sound.

The detailing is absolutely spectacular, no comments there!

skazzy:

The whole car is shaped as a wing so it was necessary to create a high front to reduce the length of the upper part of this wing to counteract lift.

As weird as this is formulated, I think I can shed some light on this.

A wing is nothing more than a shape that has a curved top side, and a straight underside.
    Therefore, the air moving over the wing has to travel a longer way than the air that goes under the wing. This results is a lower static airpressure above the wing than under it, resulting in LIFT.

I think mr Pagani here says that by moving the "neutral point" of the nose up, the difference in distance that the air moving over the car has to travel and the air moving under the car is smaller, thus resulting in less lift.

Just my way of trying to clarify...

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Porker:

The detailing is absolutely spectacular, no comments there!

+1 very high finishing. Smiley

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

Hey guys, you may want to hold onto your checkbooks. The mid-cycle updates were leaked today! 

(1). Computer Adjusted Dynamic Front Canards. Computer algorithm sets attack angle of each canard independently during turns to increase agility and supplement mechanical grips. Also yields 10% increase in downforce.

(2). Front Air Dam Wisker: Breaks up frontal airflow creating mini turbulence aiding in the movement of air under the car and thru the rear venturi tunnels.

(3). AquaBiXenon Headlight Cams: These next generation headlights have integrated cameras and are world's first. Pagani has selected his machine to be their introduction to the world.  They are not only self lubricating, but "see" through the murkiest fog,  rain, or low visibility conditions. Images are transmitted to the Pagani's dash mounted display.

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689086 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408957 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255648 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234896 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65477 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4642 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857805 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773767 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM