Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Ferrari estate breaks with tradition

I'll be glad if Ferrari come up with something different, practical and usable after all these years.

The Ferrari California was a new direction that needs to be continued IMO.

--

"Form follows function"

I doubt I would get any info on the spider koko. Ferrari are masters at keeping new models under wraps until the last possible minute. I don't expect to get any info on that model until late summer. All I've been told for now is that it does have a folding hard top.

I ordered a new 458 on Wednesday for April build along with another Cali for May build. I stuck to the same colour and spec for my 458 but added the carbon dash and JBL hifi which were unavailable first time round. I've given my next Cali a GTO inspired look so am keen to see that built

What was Ferrari thinking Smiley

--
    Happy Driving

ISUK:

I've given my next Cali a GTO inspired look so am keen to see that built

Looking forward seeing that SmileySmiley

ISUK:

I doubt I would get any info on the spider koko. Ferrari are masters at keeping new models under wraps until the last possible minute. I don't expect to get any info on that model until late summer. All I've been told for now is that it does have a folding hard top.

I ordered a new 458 on Wednesday for April build along with another Cali for May build. I stuck to the same colour and spec for my 458 but added the carbon dash and JBL hifi which were unavailable first time round. I've given my next Cali a GTO inspired look so am keen to see that built

Are you going to change your 458 to have the carbon dash and JBL only ?? Same color? same seats? same wheels? same everything else?

J.Seven

Uhh oh.....

SmileySmiley

J.Seven:

Are you going to change your 458 to have the carbon dash and JBL only ?? Same color? same seats? same wheels? same everything else?

J.Seven

Basically yes as I haven't seen another combination I prefer. I've only had the car for 6 months and simply changing it because my dealer offered to swap it for a new one at no cost to me. I get a newer car with any improvements the factory have made beneath the skin and also kitted with all the options I originally wanted.

I don't want to go for a change in colour/spec combination which I may end up liking less when it arrives. I did briefly consider the three layer yellow but it will be 15 months or so  before I change it for the 458 spyder and by then I think the yellow will be played out as a "fashion" colour. It will also add nothing to the 2nd hand value so spending £13k on it is just throwing money away and potentially making the car a harder sell as yellow has limited appeal.

assman!!!:

Uhh oh.....

SmileySmiley

Why are they still keeping those ugly rims?! I've always hated them!!

BTW< that's very ugly pic Smiley

More pics...

real roof.JPGreal dash.JPG

It`s a radical change from 612, but in real it will look better!!... i hope...

Judging by these pics 

looks like a panamera that's been rar-ended by a truck

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

WOW i really like it, very very aggressive yet truly a Ferrari. Better pics.. Picture 1.png

Picture 2.png

Picture 3.png

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

Well im in love with it, it's got so much character. Somehow they managed a unique front using 458 ideas. Well done. This thing is a beauty. Of course performance wise it will rock

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

Amazing Specs - This "GT" is more powerful than the 599GTO...I wonder how fast it laps Fiorano...

Atzporsche:

Well im in love with it, it's got so much character. Somehow they managed a unique front using 458 ideas. Well done. This thing is a beauty. Of course performance wise it will rock

At least i'm not the only one who likes it. 

I'm not sure what it is but something about it reminds me of an Alfa. I can't put my finger on which one - perhaps the 159 estate.

--
    MY07 Cayman S, Basalt Black, Black

Id rather have a 986 Boxster. The design itself is ugly and I dont think seeing it in person will make a difference, but we all have different taste. They should have just made a 4 door, but probably chose not to because they couuld not design anything better than the Panamera.

The renderings in Red look quite a bit better than the photos of the grey car, which looks somewhat bulbous. Will wait to see more, but I like the idea.

--

"When you design a car around the customer's wishes, you get cup holders. When you design a car around innovative thinking, you get a Porsche."

I don't like it. It's like a cross between a BMW Z3 Coupe and an undertaker's hearse. 

--

RT Moderator - 997.1 C2S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm sports suspension/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

ISUK:
    The concept of a two door, four wheel drive, four seat luxury coupe was dreamt up 45 years ago by British manufacturer Jensen with their Interceptor FF model. It seems Ferrari have even adopted the same name for this new model.

Well, back then the FF stood for "Ferguson Formula".

I guess that in the case of this car the second "F" stands for "Freak". Smiley

And the first doesn't stand for "Ferrari. " Smiley

--

fritz

Amazing replacement for the 612. Everyone should wait to see one in real before judging too harshly. The price might be astronomical though.

SciFrog:

Amazing replacement for the 612. Everyone should wait to see one in real before judging too harshly. The price might be astronomical though.

It's a Ferrari so that's a given Smiley

Since when Chris Bangle works for Ferrari ??? Smiley

Finally a Ferrari that you can drive to your mountain resort in the winter and bring your skis as well. Must say I really like it!  

Reminds me of the Alfa Brera..

GT-Boy:

Amazing Specs - This "GT" is more powerful than the 599GTO...I wonder how fast it laps Fiorano...

No it's not! The GTO produces 670 CV, the FF 660 CV! The power to weight ratio of the FF stands at 2.7 kg/CV, whereas the much lighter 458 has 2.42 and thus is more accelerative! Great numbers for a GT car but still not on a par with Ferrari's supsersports models.

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

Not an exotic, but very beautiful car indeed, this thing life must be amazing to look at.

But let me just say that I miss alot the 4 round shaped rear tail lights on the new models (F355 comes to my mind), it really gives a genuine Ferrari look, but nowadays they all come with only 2 tail lights.

J.Seven

I didn't manage to get out of the trip so l'll see the car on Thursday. Hopefully it will look much better in the metal. I'll probably end up eating my words and come back saying it's great.

ISUK:
    I didn't manage to get out of the trip so l'll see the car on Thursday. Hopefully it will look much better in the metal. I'll probably end up eating my words and come back saying it's great.

Look forward to your report. I suspect this is going to be a very colour choice sensitive model.

crayphile:
    ISUK:

Look forward to your report. I suspect this is going to be a very colour choice sensitive model.

I agree with you 100% on the color thing.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    765314 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    437239 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261405 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    258202 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82752 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5331 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

877498 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    809752 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM