Forum - Thread

Re: Porsche 991 GT3 to include GT1 motorsport engine... Thread Closed

Porsche 991 artistic impression...

rendering-2012-porsc-1_1600x0w.jpg

...in high definition, but headlights perhaps a little speculative? Smiley

Porsche-911-rendering_Teamspeed-link

Smiley SmileySmiley

That's a bad artist impression of the 996.

So ugly.... I hope it's far away from the reality.
    --
    Kind regards, Conny 

Porsche 997.2 Turbo S  *  BMW X5 M

Agreed -- maybe this would have been a more appropriate starting point...

Smiley SmileySmiley

Dear Porsche... how about a new Porsche 991 spy video for Rennteam at Christmas?

1292679917458Porsche-911_02.jpg

Best Wishes to all for a Merry Porsche Christmas and a Happy New Porsche Year!!!

Porsche-911-range.png

...many thanks and best wishes to all at Porsche over the festive season!

Smiley SmileySmileySmileySmiley

Ferdinand Alexander Porsche celebrates his 75th birthday...

The legendary designer of the Porsche 911 turns 75

Stuttgart. Professor Ferdinand Alexander Porsche, Honorary Chair of the Supervisory Board of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG, Stuttgart, celebrated his 75th birthday on 11 December 2010. As a designer of true genius, F.A. Porsche was the creator of such legendary automobiles as the 904 Carrera GTS, or the Porsche 911. After stepping down from the management of Porsche KG, in 1972 he founded the “Porsche Design“ Studio, and achieved worldwide fame and recognition as an independent product designer.

Ferdinand Alexander Porsche was born on 11 December 1935 in Stuttgart, the eldest son of Dorothea and Ferry Porsche. As a child his world was already being influenced by automobiles, with him spending a lot of time in the design offices and development workshops of his grandfather Ferdinand Porsche. In 1943 the family, together with the company of Porsche, relocated to Austria, where he went to school in Zell am See. After returning to Stuttgart in 1950, he passed the final school examination, the “Abitur”, at the Waldorf School, and registered at the College of Design in Ulm. In 1958 F.A. Porsche joined the design department of what was at that time Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche KG.

His talent for design very soon became apparent when, with the Type 754 “T7“, he formally presented to the world the direction which was to be followed in the succession to the 356 Series. In 1962 he took charge of the management of the Porsche Design Studio, and one year later took the world by storm with the Porsche 901 (also referred to as the 911). As well as passenger cars, F.A. Porsche was also deeply involved in the design of the racing cars of the 1960’s. Among his most famous designs were the Formula One Type 804 racer, or the Porsche 904 Carrera GTS, which motoring fans have always regarded as one of the finest and most beautiful racing vehicles ever made.

With the conversion of Porsche KG into a share company in 1971/72, F.A. Porsche and all the other family members stepped aside from the operational business of the company. As a shareholder and member of the Supervisory Board, he oversaw the development of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG for many years, and from 1990 to 1993 he served as the Chair of the Supervisory Board. In 2005 he passed the mantle of responsibility as a Porsche AG Supervisory Board member to his son Oliver, and took on the position of Honorary Chair of the Board.

Ferdinand Alexander Porsche founded the “Porsche Design Studio“ in Stuttgart in 1972, the headquarters being relocated to Zell am See in Austria in 1974. Over the decades which followed he designed a wide range of classic men’s accessories, such as watches, spectacles, and writing implements, which achieved worldwide fame under the brand name “Porsche Design“. In parallel with this, he and his team, using the trademark “Design by F.A. Porsche“, created a large number of industrial products, domestic appliances, and consumer goods for internationally famous clients. Ferdinand Alexander Porsche has been acclaimed for his work as a designer by the bestowing of many honours and awards.

In autumn 2003 F.A. Porsche and the other shareholders of “Porsche Design“, together with Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG, founded the Porsche Lizenz- und Handelsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG (PLH, Porsche Licence and Trading Company). The aim of this company is to make best use of the potential of the name Porsche in sectors which go beyond the automobile. The focus here is on the trademark “Porsche Design“, which in recent years has developed to become one of the world’s leading brand names in luxury articles, with its own marketing network.

- GO - 

Ferdinand-Alexander-Porsche-75th-Birthday

Smiley SmileySmiley SmileySmiley

Thanks for posting. Great pictures.

--

"When you design a car around the customer's wishes, you get cup holders. When you design a car around innovative thinking, you get a Porsche."

OMG... this picture of the 356 in front of th 'America' is so cool!

Well, I subscribed to Auto Bild iPad version to get these shots and some more.  I wish I could remember my German.

Click to enlarge.

From Mehran Mashrouteh’s iPad (2).png

From Mehran Mashrouteh’s iPad (3).png

From Mehran Mashrouteh’s iPad.png

--
    Happy Driving

Thanks 

These must be very close to the real thing.

I like the chunkier front , but on some pics it does look out of proportion with the rest of the car ( too big for the smallish 911 ) and it has a ''added'' feel. The shape does not flow as much as before .

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Thanks a million, Ron.

I agree with Gnil, these renderings look very realistic; perhaps we're looking at something that isn't far off from the real deal.

I hope the real taillights are 918-inspired. The rear of the renderings look more solid as well; I like the little gap under the spoiler and and the more defined hips.

Come on Porsche, reveal the icon this March in Geneva!

[Although I doubt it since the Speedster/GTS were just unveiled. Ugh, back to the waiting game...]

rulesdontapply:

Thanks a million, Ron.

I agree with Gnil, these renderings look very realistic; perhaps we're looking at something that isn't far off from the real deal.

[Although I doubt it since the Speedster/GTS were just unveiled. Ugh, back to the waiting game...]

I totally agree.  If anything some very minor changes such as side signal light shape or the front LED shape.  Other than that I think we are looking at the new 991.

--
    Happy Driving

the rear is really something.

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Thanks Ron...These are fantastic pictures.. Just wonder how much longer before we see the full production version of the 991 on the road. I am very interested in seeing  the production version of the 991 Cab.

--
    2006 987S, Artic Silver, Cocoa, Cocoa Top 2006 Cayenne S Lapis Blue New York

Ron's pics show a bloated front, overly complex rear cover, and a very large sunroof. The 911 is now a GT. The new crowds will like it for sure - it will make a better commuter and a flashy boulevard show car. :)

--

"Dream as impractical, irrational and unnecessary as that may be... Here's to the Dreamers!" -- Porsche AG.

ADias:

Ron's pics show a bloated front, overly complex rear cover, and a very large sunroof. The 911 is now a GT. The new crowds will like it for sure - it will make a better commuter and a flashy boulevard show car. :)

A little harsh? a GT poser car?Smiley These are just redendings based on spy photos showing the "exterior" of the car, I'd rather reserve such judgements until I actually drive the car and not just look at it, and given Porsche's evolutionary history of the 911 right up to the 997, I'd think they have earn't some credit until then. If the ring times for example have just 50% truth to them, it will be far from a poseur car compared to the 997.

Brings me back to when the 997 was coming out in spy shots and the comments (the round headlights comming back, the variable ratio steering, the weight, etc), and now everybody loves the 997 over the 996. And by the looks of it, the 991 will be an even greater evolutionary jump over the 997 than the 997 over the 996, though again, we have to wait and see until we get to jump behind the wheel! Smiley

--

From these pictures I can see some advantages in the design over the 997. It looks more muscular and taut and the not so beautiful overhangs seem to have shrunk to some extent.

I don't think the character of the 991 is any different visually compared to the 997. Someone who likes the 997 will like the new model too.

I can predict that it will drive better than the 997.2 and it will also be much faster. I agree that with the expected improvements it will be a better GT car but more importantly, it will also be a better sportscar too. The best of both worlds? We'll see.

--

"Form follows function"

It says that this is the biggest evolution since switching to water cooled engines. +10cm wheelbase, shorter overhangs, +60(!)mm in width, new brakes for the S and a completely new rear axle. Is there more text Ron?

ADias:

Much too premature to jump to these conclusions based on some artistic renderings of what the car might look like.

I'm waiting to see the official photos to judge its actual looks and waiting to read reliable reviews and test driving it for myself before forming my judgement of how it actually drives and what kind of car it really is Smiley

--

RT Moderator 
    - 997.1 Carrera S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Rennteam signature photo 2.jpgEasy RT Sig Pt 2.jpgEasy RT Sig Pt 3.jpg

neunelf:
    It says that this is the biggest evolution since switching to water cooled engines. +10cm wheelbase, shorter overhangs, +60(!)mm in width, new brakes for the S and a completely new rear axle. Is there more text Ron?

nothing on the new 991 but there is this page before the pix I posted.

photo 1.PNG

--
    Happy Driving

This just talks about the decision that Porsche will develop sports cars and large limousines for the entire group.

I think that these renders show a much more masculine and purposeful car and I'm sure the decision to let Porsche develop future platforms for all sports cars is a testament to the performance of the 991.

Ron, what is the 550 they are talking about? The original, or a new model called 550?

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

The one based on VW the same old picture.

--
    Happy Driving

Thanks for posting Ron!

Ron (Houston):

Well, I subscribed to Auto Bild iPad version to get these shots and some more.  I wish I could remember my German.

Click to enlarge.

From Mehran Mashrouteh’s iPad (2).png

Thanks Ron! Smiley

I wonder if the Porsche 991 rear lights will pick up styling clues from the Porsche 918 Spyder concept...

Porsche-918-Spyder-rear.jpg

1292795141360Porsche-918-Spyder_rear-lights.jpg

Smiley SmileySmiley SmileySmiley

Boxster Coupe GTS:

I wonder if the Porsche 991 rear lights will pick up styling clues from the Porsche 918 Spyder concept...

If I remember correctly, RC already said here that the rear lights of the 991 will be orientated at the 918 Spyder rear lights. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Carlos from Spain:
    ADias:

A little harsh? a GT poser car?Smiley These are just redendings based on spy photos showing the "exterior" of the car, I'd rather reserve such judgements until I actually drive the car and not just look at it, and given Porsche's evolutionary history of the 911 right up to the 997, I'd think they have earn't some credit until then. If the ring times for example have just 50% truth to them, it will be far from a poseur car compared to the 997.

Brings me back to when the 997 was coming out in spy shots and the comments (the round headlights comming back, the variable ratio steering, the weight, etc), and now everybody loves the 997 over the 996. And by the looks of it, the 991 will be an even greater evolutionary jump over the 997 than the 997 over the 996, though again, we have to wait and see until we get to jump behind the wheel! Smiley

--

Carlos: when I say GT, I am not insinuating 'poseur car'. GT to me means larger, more comfortable, to be used as an executive express or touring car. It does not mean it does not perform. The major concern I have is the WB increase - 100mm - almost as much as the car's WB increased in 50 years, and longer than the Cayman's. I suspect it will make for a better/more stable car, but is that what we want? From your reaction, I sense that you may have plans for a 991. :)

--

"Dream as impractical, irrational and unnecessary as that may be... Here's to the Dreamers!" -- Porsche AG.

Rossi:
    Boxster Coupe GTS:

If I remember correctly, RC already said here that the rear lights of the 991 will be orientated at the 918 Spyder rear lights. Smiley

I'd love to see that empty space in the middle of the light become a production cue. IMO it gives the rear an incredible amount of character. not to mention that i'd would go on a completely different direction from the competition.

What's interesting is that the side profile in this rendering clearly reveals shorter overhangs front and rear giving the car a much less elongated look, and in fact a much tauter and aggressive side profile than the current 997.  If this is correct the 10 cm addition in front of the wheels will not be noticed.  I find this very encouraging.

--

Carpe Diem--life is but a crack of light bounded by eternities of darkness (Nabokov)

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    782371 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442976 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263538 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    262005 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    86063 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6048 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881751 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    820106 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM