Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Speccing my 458 tomorrow - opinions sought...

Ziggy:
    ISUK:

CRPK includes the carbon fibre driving zone (carbon steering wheel with LED's, carbon tach shroud, carbon shift paddles), carbon centre console and carbon dash inlays.

Thanks!

It's roughly a £2K saving

crayphile:
    ISUK:

The dealer can simply invoice the car in December and thus charge VAT at the 17.5% rate. VAT isn't applied at the date of registration, it's at the date of sale.

ISUK  - spot on as usual -  and that is exactly what I am doing.

Are you absolutely sure that is the case?  It totally contradicts the information I and others have been given, by several OPC's, which is that payment and registration must be concurrent...Smiley

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

John,

My local OPC were willing to invoice me in December at 17.5% VAT for a February build Cayman S so you are being given poor info. I passed on the Cayman though.

As the buyer of a new car you don't legally have to register it until you want to or are ready to do so. That's why cars that go straight into collections are often unregistered and may appear many years later on the used market as "never being registered". Registration is merely there to make the car road legal but is not required by law in terms of the sale of the car. Your OPC are either trying to ensure they meet their target "registrations" within a calendar quarter or are just ignorant of the law. Either way they are not giving you the correct info

Looking forward to seeing the pics of your new P&J crayphile

Here is a somewhat unusual interior on a car my dealer is about to supply.

rmiller 002.jpgrmiller 003.jpgrmiller 004.jpgrmiller 005.jpg

When I saw it my first thought was mint humbugs

1291921780212Humbug.JPG

ISUK:

John,

My local OPC were willing to invoice me in December at 17.5% VAT for a February build Cayman S so you are being given poor info. I passed on the Cayman though.

As the buyer of a new car you don't legally have to register it until you want to or are ready to do so. That's why cars that go straight into collections are often unregistered and may appear many years later on the used market as "never being registered". Registration is merely there to make the car road legal but is not required by law in terms of the sale of the car. Your OPC are either trying to ensure they meet their target "registrations" within a calendar quarter or are just ignorant of the law. Either way they are not giving you the correct info

Agreed. I am surprised they don't want to improve their Q4 figures. Perhaps they have met their target , and so  want to push it in to 2011

I did some research on the VAT issue and it seems you are right...to an extent.

"Whatcar" says the following...

You can avoid paying the 20% on cars delivered in 2011, but you might have to come up with a big enough deposit to cover the VAT – which the dealer will have to invoice for and pay straight away – to get them on your side.

It won't cost them a single penny extra to do this, so there's no reason they shouldn't want to help you out. The only person who would be slightly out of pocket would be the bloke on the VAT desk at Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs. Don't all weep at once.

The car you order must cost less than £100,000 and be delivered according to the manufacturer's usual schedules, within six months of order. That means you can't ask for a delivery to be delayed for any reason, to take advantage of the new registration plate in March, for instance.

You cannot use the following techniques if you are buying on finance.

You pay 17.5% VAT on cars costing less than £100,000 if:
    • You order a new car, a dealer raises a full VAT invoice before the increase in the rate and pays the tax due at their next VAT return. You do not have to pay the full balance in this case.
    • You pay for a car in full before the end of the year but, in the normal course of delivery schedules, it is registered in 2011, but no more than six months from order.
    • You have ordered, paid for and registered a car before the end of 2010.

You pay the increased rate of 20% VAT:
    • If you order a car after January 4, 2011.
    • If you order a car now, but a VAT invoice isn't raised by the dealer before January 4 and the tax due isn't paid by the dealer at their next return.
    • If you order a car now, a VAT invoice is raised and paid, but you ask for delivery to be purposefully delayed, perhaps in a bid to get the new registration plates in March or September.
    • If the car you order is delivered more than six months from order
    • If the car you order is worth more than £100,000.

I'm definitely contacting my OPC tomorrow re my GTS order.. 

However, if ''Whatcar'' are correct, Crayphile may still have a problem with a car valued at over £100,000..?

--

Regardless of how you handle the VAT, I hope you enjoy your 458 to the full!  What a beautiful piece of machinery!

ISUK:

John,

Invoice for sale and registeration of the car are 2 different things. It is same in here; you can have invoice before the registration. But by the time you invoice the car, the seller should have imported the car and must have the car in his accounting. You can't sell something that you haven't had in your stock.

So I'm suspicious about invoicing a car that has not been produced yet Smiley

--

ONUR

11 M3 Coupe AW

09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

pride355:

Invoice for sale and registeration of the car are 2 different things. It is same in here; you can have invoice before the registration. But by the time you invoice the car, the seller should have imported the car and must have the car in his accounting. You can't sell something that you haven't had in your stock.

So I'm suspicious about invoicing a car that has not been produced yet Smiley

There isn't a legal issue with paying for a car yet to be built as you have entered into a contract with the dealer as a representative of the manufacturer. The main thing to consider is the financial strength of the dealer you are purchasing from and ensuring that they have paid the manufacturer for the car so that you are not left as an unsecured creditor should the dealer go into receivership. I would not suggest it's a routine course of action under normal cicumstances but where you have an existing relationship with a trusted dealer it is a viable method to avoid a not insignificant tax liability.

above interior is really hideous.....sorry.

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

intouch1:

+1 Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:
    intouch1:

+1 Smiley

+2 Smiley

ISUK:
    Rossi:
    intouch1:

+1 Smiley

+2 Smiley

+3 Smiley

It's worse than hideous... 

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

Not my cup of tea either, however as a general comment and IMVHO aluminum inserts fit well with a black dashboard / interior.

Low resolution phone camera shots from the dealer. Better ones to come next week hopefully when I take my own

Malik1.jpg

Shot 21292017275051Malik2.jpg

Shot 3

Malik3.jpg

Very, very nice. Looking forward to more pictures... I suppose the rims are painted as the body panels?

ok that is hot hot hot! 

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

Super looking car - many congrats..

--

loving the yellow stitching

Perfect, flawless 458. Silverstone is the perfect color for this car IMO, I wouldn't have it any other way. 

Ferdie:

Very, very nice. Looking forward to more pictures... I suppose the rims are painted as the body panels?

RMSV  - Dark grey metaliic 780 painted forged rim - so not exact match to body colour but close enough.

OH yes you nailed it! Beautiful specced 458 

Wow! Congrats!

Enmanuel:

Perfect, flawless 458. Silverstone is the perfect color for this car IMO, I wouldn't have it any other way. 

Smiley

I'm not a huge fan of the way the 458 looks (mainly the rear/lights and pipes), but yours looks superb Smiley

same here.. Saw a black/cream 458 parked under my house and its probably one of the best looking cars i ve seen.. It looks like a different car when compared to red imo.

crayphile:
    Ferdie:

Very, very nice. Looking forward to more pictures... I suppose the rims are painted as the body panels

RMSV  - Dark grey metaliic 780 painted forged rim - so not exact match to body colour but close enough.

In that case, stick to the mobile phone pics and we won´t notice... Smiley

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/14/24 3:43 AM
    rhino
    802738 1804
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448415 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    265949 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    89962 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6434 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885435 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    832408 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM