Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Carrera GTS: Porsche 911 Now Even Sportier

Carlos from Spain:

He means waiting for the next model when already at the end of the lice cycle of the current one. As tempting as the GTS is (the best Carrera version ever IMO) I am of the same opinion at this time.

Personally I like to purchase the model around one year after its introduction, this way most of the quirks of the launch vehicles have been ironed out, yet you can enjoy the latest model's attributes somewhat early, while they are current.

I can see your point Carlos, but that could be 2 years away.  I'm just glad I got my order in for the GTS - I'll have it in 2 or 3 months and will still have a choice whether or not to go for a 991 when it's well established.

Also glad I moved quickly as my dealer's allocation of the GTS is very limited...Smiley

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

Experience shows that best time to buy a new Porsche model is not before the facelift stage. Substantial improvements are always effected and new features are introduced with facelift. This is true of all modern era models from Boxster to Cayenne

So the right time to buy the 991 is not before 2015. Plenty of time till then to enjoy your GTS!

--

"Form follows function"

IMO John has made the best 997 buying decision possible. All the glitches have been ironed out of the 997, the facelift looks fresh and great, the GTS is classic looking, sporty,  powerful and a small production number. Not to mention great value for money and he gets enough time to enjoy it and decide if he wants to order a 991 when it comes out. 

Enmanuel:

IMO John has made the best 997 buying decision possible. All the glitches have been ironed out of the 997, the facelift looks fresh and great, the GTS is classic looking, sporty,  powerful and a small production number. Not to mention great value for money and he gets enough time to enjoy it and decide if he wants to order a 991 when it comes out. 

I hold my breath till I see the 991 offcial pictures and specs.

--

ONUR

11 M3 Coupe AW

09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

Hi Everybody,
    Thought I'd stop by for a good read.
    :)
    John, I think you ordered a most beautiful GTS and spec'd very thoughtfully!
    You're right, everyone here is very helpful.
    I placed an order today for a 2011 GTS, a Cab.
    Hardest part was deciding between Coupe and Cab.
    One day the Coupe (cleaner lines) won and the next the Cab only to be replaced the next day (or hour) by the Coupe.  And so the "fight" waged on in my head.
    Carrera White, black wheels, Alcantara, heated seats, PDK, not too much extra after that.
    Dealer allotments for the GTS are going fast here in the states.  My dealer sold their first two but procured a 3rd allotment for me, or so they said.
    I love the 19" Spyder wheels on the Turbo S but I prefer the cleaner lines of the GTS, just my personal liking.
    Also, did anyone see the latest comparo test of the Vette ZR1 and the Turbo S?  The Turbo BLEW UP before the testing/racing was finished!!  I think it was in Motor Trend magazine.
    Anyway, my GTS should arrive here in the states sometime in January I'm told.
    God luck with yours John!!!
    Don

--
    The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it. Henry David Thoreau

Thanks Don - really good to hear from you..

I would have ordered a Cab if our weather was as clement as yours, but a Coupe is more practical over here.. A Carrara white Cab with black top and wheels will be spectacular...

Really look forward to comparing notes with you - only a matter of weeks to go...

--

Yeah John, the weather here is pretty decent most of the year for top-down and these mountains are so beautiful the Cab won.  Esthetically though the Coupe is the nicer looking vehicle IMHO.  I now have a white 2009 911 Carrera and it's a thing of beauty.  It was one of the early 09 "launch" vehicles.  It had some PDK issues but they were cleared up with software revisions.  I'm just old enough that fixing tranny problems with "software" still blows my mind even though I've been in the computer field a long time.
    I have an opinion question for you all.
    Ready?
    Delete the logo "Carrera GTS" from the side doors or leave it there?
    I realize it's a personal decision but I'd enjoy hearing input from you all.
    Thanks,
    Don

--
    The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it. Henry David Thoreau

Dasein:

I have an opinion question for you all.
    Ready?
    Delete the logo "Carrera GTS" from the side doors or leave it there?
    I realize it's a personal decision but I'd enjoy hearing input from you all.

It's a sticker, right? So no need to worry about now, let the car delivered with the logo, if you don't like it, just remove it. Personally I would do without. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

I don't find it offensive.1287228687147getmecoat.gif

keep the sides and order the 911 for the rear !

good luck . GREAT car

enjoy, be safe

I'm just glad I got my order in for the GTS - I'll have it in 2 or 3 months and will still have a choice whether or not to go for a 991 when it's well established.

Also glad I moved quickly as my dealer's allocation of the GTS is very limited...Smiley

I missed this!!!  No wonder you liked the sig pic John.  Congratulations fella.  The GTS certainly puts the cat amongst the pigeons when that one was announced and certainly gets my vote.

A desktop pic for you. (3000 x 1560px)

--

pure clean 911.....nice

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

ResB:
    I missed this!!!  No wonder you liked the sig pic John.  Congratulations fella.  The GTS certainly puts the cat amongst the pigeons when that one was announced and certainly gets my vote.

Rich - many thanks for the wallpaper - I'd been looking for one, but could only find the Cab...Smiley
    --

Don - maybe you would like this for wallpaper....

wallpaper-i1280x1024.jpg

--

Congrats on the orders, guys - I think you'll end up with some fantastic cars 

I considered one myself, but didn't want to commit the money at the moment (went for a sporty-specc'ed Boxster instead).  FWIW, I'd keep the GTS decals - a bit different, and a look I like.  I've seen Bluelines' GTS-a-like in the flesh and I think the decals work well.

--

2007 987S, KW v3 1964 Type 1

John H:
    ResB:

Rich - many thanks for the wallpaper - I'd been looking for one, but could only find the Cab...Smiley
    --

Loads here John - http://www.porsche.com/uk/models/911/911-carrera-gts/gallery/?gtabindex=2

--

John, You read my mind!
    Thank you!!
    Don

--

Had a call from my dealer this morning to tell me they've had confirmation that my GTS will be one of the first builds..

They think it could be early December but exact dates are uncertain due the factory closing for part of that month. 

This means I could get a December delivery... and they are still working on a way around the VAT issue to get me a 2011 registration...

All good news so far...

--

Great news then! 

--

I forgot about the VAT element as I was going to say, wait until the new year, but the saving would out weight the reduction for a 2010 model as opposed to 2011 I would say.  Nice Christmas present I think.

--

Great news

--

RT Moderator 
    - 997.1 Carrera S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Rennteam signature photo 2.jpg

I found two new (to me) longer videos of a GTS Cab and a GTS Coupe.  Cars are stationary but nicely done video.

Coupe
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=503nIc4kMNo

Cab
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcFQKq6emUg&NR=1

Enjoy,
    Don

--

Nice coupe video, it was starting to trance me into a sleep. IMO you guys are getting the best packaged 911.

Great find Don - many thanks for posting...

I think we got us a fantastic car...

--

Question please - I'm hoping BOTH the Cab and the Coupe can he had with the 19" center locking Spyder wheels.  It seems I always see the Coupe with those wheels but the Cab with the other 5 lug nut wheels?  Can anyone say definitively the Cab can be had with the center locking Spyder wheels?
    Thanks, 
    Don

--

GTS1.JPG

No problem!

Thanks reginos!
    Darn difficult decision choosing between the Can and the Coupe.  Already know the Coupe is the nicer looking of the two but I have a Coupe now and the Cab would be a nice change.

--

I don't agree. Personally I think the cab is better looking; ...just not as practical.

It's all just in the eye of the beholder.

Thanks Spyderidol,
    They're two extremely beautiful sisters for sure.
    "Cabriella" is more fun to be with though AND she'll take her top down for you any time you ask her to.
    Don

--

Yes, shes gorgeous topless!...and that rear! big_booty_gif.gif

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM