Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: Pics from the scuderia course at Nürburgring

Stylish hairdresser-car being told how awesome his line was 

Trust me, the racers will be taking this line around the Karussel once news gets out.. 

--

2007 987S, KW v3 1964 Type 1

One I took of the R8 in our group at Pflanzgarten

--

It was great fun as usual, and fantastic to see you all again  Andy's already talking about replacing some melted bits of Datsun and heading back in the spring..

--

DaveGordon:

Andy's already talking about replacing some melted bits of Datsun and heading back in the spring..

LOL! Smiley

Yes, was great fun! Hope to see you all soon again.

Here is cool photo from the GP track with myself, Gnil and Cram. Notice the lead Smiley ...which lasted for about another 3 seconds until they overtook Smiley

DSC_0234_small.jpg

--

997.2 Carrera S in Carrara White. PASM-Sport Suspension (-20 mm), PSE.

987.1 Boxster S in Arctic Silver with 'Martini Racing' design. H&R Monotube Coil-Over Suspension, H&R Anti-Roll Bars, Sachs Racing Clutch, Single-Mass Flywheel, Recaro Pole Position Seats, PSE.

Great pics !!!, what an awesome experience !!!

I love this threads !!!!

--

Awesome action photos! Thanks for sharing these 

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun ! 

I have to participate in one of these courses one day, maybe next year !!  

--

reginos:

Can you tell us something about the differences in behaviour between the various cars participating? Notwithstanding, the abilities of individual drivers, of course. We can see a large variery of cars new and old.

Also are the BBS (LM?) wheels your regular road wheels or they are your track wheels? What size wheel/tyre do you use?

The BBS wheels I am using are only for the track. They are 18''   295/30 and I have Michelin Cup tires on them . Otherwise I have the standard Carrera S rims on my car.

As to the behavior of the other cars, they are mostly linked to the abilities on the drivers. Some people with less powerful/modern cars are faster then newer cars because the pilot is more squilled , or less afraid, or just know his car better. A big difference is how much you know the track. If you master the proper line, know what's next, you are easily faster then more powerful cars with less experience of the N'Ring.

Then of course with equally skilled drivers, the ranking goes accordingly to the 'paper' numbers.

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

bluelines:
    DaveGordon:

Andy's already talking about replacing some melted bits of Datsun and heading back in the spring..

LOL! Smiley

Yes, was great fun! Hope to see you all soon again.

Here is cool photo from the GP track with myself, Gnil and Cram. Notice the lead Smiley ...which lasted for about another 3 seconds until they overtook Smiley

DSC_0234_small.jpg

You are such a gentleman Smiley

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Gauss:

Awesome action photos! Thanks for sharing these 

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun ! 

I have to participate in one of these courses one day, maybe next year !!  

Really hope to see you next year. We had 2 guys from Luxembourg in our group. The one with the black R8 and the one with the red scuderia 

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Gnil:
    reginos:

Can you tell us something about the differences in behaviour between the various cars participating? Notwithstanding, the abilities of individual drivers, of course. We can see a large variery of cars new and old.

Also are the BBS (LM?) wheels your regular road wheels or they are your track wheels? What size wheel/tyre do you use?

The BBS wheels I am using are only for the track. They are 18''   295/30 and I have Michelin Cup tires on them . Otherwise I have the standard Carrera S rims on my car.

As to the behavior of the other cars, they are mostly linked to the abilities on the drivers. Some people with less powerful/modern cars are faster then newer cars because the pilot is more squilled , or less afraid, or just know his car better. A big difference is how much you know the track. If you master the proper line, know what's next, you are easily faster then more powerful cars with less experience of the N'Ring.

Then of course with equally skilled drivers, the ranking goes accordingly to the 'paper' numbers.

Thank you!

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:
    Gnil:
    reginos:

Thank you!

To add a bit more :

That Suzuki Swift  ( roll cage, special springs, cup tiers )was as fast as my car in the very tight slow corners, maybe even a bit faster sometimes. But then had no chance if one take a 200 m portion of the track.

I was equally fast  as the 996 Gt3 RS is straights and in the very long/fast corners, but quite slower in entering corners, slower in medium and thight turns, faster after the exit of the turns when it was time to put back full throttle.

The Scuderia in our group was certainly the one driving the slowest .... he was so scared to crash his beloved dream car .

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

DaveGordon:

It was great fun as usual, and fantastic to see you all again  Andy's already talking about replacing some melted bits of Datsun and heading back in the spring..

in Spring already ??? for the course or just to do some open days ?

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

in Spring already ??? for the course or just to do some open days ?

I think he wanted to do the course, although I'm not sure.  He also mentioned some R-rated tyres for the occasion.  I'll probably meet him this weekend, so will find out.  I'd be keen to do another event - but maybe a slightly cheaper one..

--

great photo's

Gnil:

Totally agree. It is, first and foremost, down to the driver:

• How well do you know the track (which is especially important at the Ring).
    • How well do you know the car. In particular, how well do you know it at the limit Smiley
    • How much risk are you willing to take and what would be the impact if anything goes wrong (I guess a function of car value, insurance coverage and wallet size Smiley )

Only once you master the above, then will the actual power and handling of the car make a difference.

Through the turns I did not have a slightest chance against Cram in his mini. That is excellent driver versus rubbish driver in a nutshell Smiley

Although I think our friend with the F360 took the price for being... ehrm... slooow Smiley

--

987.1 Boxster S in Arctic Silver with 'Martini Racing' design. H&R Monotube Coil-Over Suspension, H&R Anti-Roll Bars, Sachs Racing Clutch, Single-Mass Flywheel, Recaro Pole Position Seats, PSE.

DaveGordon:

i  I'd be keen to do another event - but maybe a slightly cheaper one..

I want , next year, to also do the Sports Auto course. I think it is cheaper as it is only 2 days .

We could check that out . I know there is a session in september, but I would rather do it in spring so there is room for the scuderia in september

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

bluelines:

Totally agree. It is, first and foremost, down to the driver:

• How well do you know the track (which is especially important at the Ring).
    • How well do you know the car. In particular, how well do you know it at the limit Smiley
    • How much risk are you willing to take and what would be the impact if anything goes wrong (I guess a function of car value, insurance coverage and wallet size Smiley )

Only once you master the above, then will the actual power and handling of the car make a difference.

That sums it up perfectly Smiley

Bluelines, as you will get to know the limits of your new 911 more , you will see that you CAN put FULL throttle at a lot of corner exits and the car is very happy with it Smiley

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Amazing pics Gnil Smiley best I´ve seen here with a 997.2 in action, thanks for sharing, must have been a hell of a day Smiley.

J.Seven

Amazing photos, im so jealous. Looks like so much fun, being in the green hell, in a porsche, with fellow RTers and great instructors. someday soon ill be there! thanks for sharing.

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

Great report, can't wait to take part in this course!

I was at the ring yesterday, it was terrible, sunshine + sunday = Crowded². I'll be back next week for more.

Which car are you taking to the NoS Porker? Did you get the VX220 fixed?

--

RT Moderator 
    - 997.1 Carrera S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Rennteam signature photo 2.jpg

Easy, I collected the VX on saturday, the engine has been rebuilt at hefty cost. Sadly I had to run it in yesterday, so I didn't get a chance to push it properly.

I'm hoping to sell it asap and on to something more robust.

BTW: I'll be in London tomorrow, if I manage to stay for a couple of days I'll let you know. Smiley

Sure, we could meet up for a drink after I finish work

--

RT Moderator 
    - 997.1 Carrera S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Rennteam signature photo 2.jpg

A few more action shots 

SH0_02309_small.jpg

SH0_02120_small.jpg

1286815463116SH0_02121_small.jpg

--

bluelines:

A few more action shots 

SH0_02309_small.jpg

Beautiful shot Smiley

--

Gauss:
    bluelines:

A few more action shots 

SH0_02309_small.jpg

Beautiful shot Smiley

Beautifull indeed !!! Your Carrera S looks perfect on that shot, in that place Smiley

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Gnil:
    Gauss:
    bluelines:

A few more action shots 

Beautiful shot Smiley

Beautifull indeed !!! Your Carrera S looks perfect on that shot, in that place Smiley

+1, that shot is amazing ! 

Enmanuel:
    Gnil:
    Gauss:
    bluelines:

A few more action shots 

Beautiful shot Smiley

+1, that shot is amazing ! 

x4 I was going to say the same thing! Smiley

--

Hi Bluelines,

at least, it seems, that you got your "GTS" already ahead of all the others.......

Nice pics Bluelines, awesome Carrera S, indeed very GTS-like in those pictures.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690593 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409848 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256064 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235292 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65721 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4715 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858508 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774780 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM