Crown

Board: BMW M Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: BMW 6 Series Concept

Ron (Houston):

I was waiting for you with some new shots and you delivered Smiley.

Shakal always comes through with the best insider bmw information and pics. Smiley

some new shots.  Click to enlarge.

04_concept_6series.jpg

05_concept_6series.jpg

06_concept_6series.jpg

01_concept_6series.jpg

02_concept_6series.jpg

03_concept_6series.jpg

--
    Happy Driving

They seem to have drawn a lot of inspiration from the EfficientDynamics concept for the front and rear design of the lights. 

PS: I have a complete 3D model of that concept car, If anyone that deals with 3d modeling software wants it just PM me and I'll send it to you.

Enmanuel:
    Ron (Houston):

Shakal always comes through with the best insider bmw information and pics. Smiley

Last time I talked to a friend who gives me informations was before hollidays. So when I have seen official pictures on internet, I was suprised too Smiley Smiley

IMO 6er can't be compared with a 997, because 997 is more sports car and 6er is more (fast) luxury coupe... Also production car will be almost identical to this concept..

Enmanuel:

They seem to have drawn a lot of inspiration from the EfficientDynamics concept for the front and rear design of the lights. 

New BMW will be shown in Paris, currently named "DontBlogAboutThis." Who likes ED concept will like that one too Smiley 

http://www.dontblogaboutthis.com/

Actually, the longer I check this pictures, the more I love that car! 

As I'm looking for a long distance commuting car (twice a week 400km) that might be a great choice!

Shakal:
    Enmanuel:
    Ron (Houston):

Last time I talked to a friend who gives me informations was before hollidays. So when I have seen official pictures on internet, I was suprised too Smiley Smiley

IMO 6er can't be compared with a 997, because 997 is more sports car and 6er is more (fast) luxury coupe... Also production car will be almost identical to this concept..

IMO this new good looking 6 series has no real competitors in its class.

Porsche is too sports car, Mercedes is either too ordinary (E-class coupe) or too baroque and geriatric (CL) and Bentley is in another universe price-wise.

It could also take sales from Maserati because it has the looks without the headaches and costs of the Italian brand.

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:

It could also take sales from Maserati because it has the looks without the headaches and costs of the Italian brand.

Very true. Could be more than a headache for Maserati. The BMW Coupés have always been great GT cars, just think of the 633csi/M635csi of the 70ies and 80ies. Beautiful car. BMW lost ground with the strange 8series and with the controversal Bangle 6series. But with this new concept they could be back on top, building one of the best looking, fast GT for a reasonable price. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Ron (Houston):

some new shots.  Click to enlarge.

01_concept_6series.jpg

02_concept_6series.jpg

03_concept_6series.jpg

That's what this model should have looked like the first time around. 

--

fritz

reginos:

IMO this new good looking 6 series has no real competitors in its class.

Porsche is too sports car, Mercedes is either too ordinary (E-class coupe) or too baroque and geriatric (CL) and Bentley is in another universe price-wise.

+1

Well Said Smiley

Not directly related but while I waited at my BMW dealer, I checked out a BMW 5 series station wagon (new version). While reading the specs, I had a shock: the 535d does 0-100 kph in 5.7 seconds. A Diesel.

BMW really hit it off with the new 5 series. If they keep this pace up (and avoid price increases), they could have a huge success with the new 6 series too. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Yes it's true i drove a new 5er the other day, and it handles really good as well. That on tops of nice looks and great performance, maybe for the first time BMW has MB beat

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

Atzporsche:

Yes it's true i drove a new 5er the other day, and it handles really good as well. That on tops of nice looks and great performance, maybe for the first time BMW has MB beat

For the first time? I would say every 5 series has been better than its E-class counterpart, especially for people who enjoy sporty driving characteristics.

trip:
    Atzporsche:

For the first time? I would say every 5 series has been better than its E-class counterpart, especially for people who enjoy sporty driving characteristics.

The previous E class was much better.

RC:

Not directly related but while I waited at my BMW dealer, I checked out a BMW 5 series station wagon (new version). While reading the specs, I had a shock: the 535d does 0-100 kph in 5.7 seconds. A Diesel.

BMW really hit it off with the new 5 series. If they keep this pace up (and avoid price increases), they could have a huge success with the new 6 series too. 

It isn't hard to believe that rumoured "tri turbo" diesel engine would be performance flagship in 7 series, so performances would be even better than 750i.

Also the best selling 6 series is with diesel engine, thats reason why BMW will offer diesel engine in next 6 series (640d) as soon as possible - probably initially.

interior looks good

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

RC:

My dealer has a frozen grey met. M6 in his showroom, beautiful looking car, no doubt about it but the price tag is 145000 EUR. Ouch. 

He told me that BMW has given him a huge discount on this car, which of course he would pass on to me...if I would be interested. 

Unfortunately the M6 is not the type of car I would consider a "fun car" for me, so I had to pass.

Still: it has lots of rear room for the kids and the rear trunk isn't that small either. Could be a nice family car.

Christian,

I can imagine that BMW offers 25% discount on that M6, at least.

However, couple of months ago I had driven my friend's M6 coupe and didn't like it at all.

SMG III is worse than SMG II and light years behind M-DKG. It ruins all the driving experience. It is not comfortable in the traffic, and remeber that I had 2 E46 M3s w/SMG II, so I supposedly know how to drive this tranny as well as it is anot very very fast on sprited driving.

The car is big so no sport car driving feel and it CONSUMES fuel, a lot of it. It is totally a useless car, IMO. Waste of money. SmileySmiley

--

ONUR

11 M3 Coupe AW

09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

Still...even with a 25%  discount, this would be too expensive for me. I could get a 997 Carrera GTS instead, doesn't really make much sense to go for the M6. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

RC:

Still...even with a 25%  discount, this would be too expensive for me. I could get a 997 Carrera GTS instead, doesn't really make much sense to go for the M6. 

--

I completely agree; GTS all the way. I may also prefer Carrera GTS over my M3 BUT it is 50% more expensive Smiley

--

ONUR

11 M3 Coupe AW

09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

Future of M6 by our friend WildSpeed.  Awesome rendering Smiley.

M6_1.jpg

M6_2.jpg

--
    Happy Driving

Ron (Houston):

Future of M6 by our friend WildSpeed.  Awesome rendering Smiley.

M6_1.jpg

M6_2.jpg

WooooooW Smiley

Thanx Ron, M6 on this PS looks stunning - something like this  we can expect Smiley

Two new videos:

I would make the front lights a little bit different, more "futuristic".

--

New 6 series size...

4894mm L

1894mm W

1369mm H

2855mm wheelbase

This is a big car.

BTW, I drove new 535i a month ago. I was very impressed with it. Autobox, active rear steering, active suspension etc. everything worked very, very well indeed.

BUT... Few days ago I tried 530d without any drivers aid(NO active rear steering, NO active suspension etc.) only with autbox. What an awfull car! It felt inert and very, very heavy. To cut a long story short-I would never buy new 5 series without active rear steering and active suspension.

I agree with you Kreso, on the 5. Also 18" RFT's or more (Run Flat Tires) especially in combination with the M pack&suspension can ruin the ride on bad roads.

The active rear steering, predictably, you can't order in conjunction with xdrive. That would be even more interesting to see though: active AWD Smiley But the active hydraulic anti-roll bars combined with the active dampers really work very good to hide the car's weight. Also the steering settings are different when you select sport (more "meaty", "heavier", more focused).

But in the end this is actually sad. Instead of trying to save weight, they made the car bigger. The next 3 series will also grow in size because of that... The 1 will become today's 3 and so on... And all this tech was invented and perfected just to hide the weight... To me that is sad. At least this particular package works well...

The E60 5  series was big enough (the previous model). Also the front part of the chassis was made of aluminium (basically the part supporting the front of the car, engine bay, etc) and glued to the rest of the car. Now, on the F10, they switched back to steel to save cost (repairs cost for the front part of an E60 where high indeed). Only bonnet, trunk and doors are aluminium.

I am still interested in this car but I can't get the weight out of my head yet. And the size!

--

There is no try. Just do.

We are ordering one, 520d, for my father.

When I confirm the configuration, I'll post it here. BUT we won't be ordering aktive steering and aktive suspansion since the car will be driven mostly by a driver.

--

ONUR

11 M3 Coupe AW

Paris Autoshow:

Car is beautiful but I don't know...there is something wrong with the front. 

--

Same here... too "pointy"...

--

There is no try. Just do.

RC:

Car is beautiful but I don't know...there is something wrong with the front. 

Same here, I don't like something on the front... Everything else is great...

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    691006 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410144 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256201 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235408 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65744 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858796 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775107 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM