Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Carrera GTS: Porsche 911 Now Even Sportier

easy_rider911:

That's great John - many congrats

BTW what was the reason the OPC gave for not choosing voice control?

Easy - They said they'd tried it several times on different vehicles and found it to be very unreliable, especially when using the Sat/Nav.  Apparently too many mistakes which caused much frustration!

If anyone here has experience of using it, please let us know your thoughts... many thanks.

BTW - the summary spec. I posted above is missing Telephone Module (666) and Porsche Vehicle Tracking system (T93) - A glitch in their computer which has now been rectified.

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

Awesome car John, congrats!

--

Congratulations, John! Feeling very happy for you! Smiley

From the ordersheet, you only ordered the leather seats instead of the leather interior. Not sure how this will look with center console and PDK surround in leather.

I think full leather interior is standard on all UK 911s.

--

"Form follows function"

Congrats, John!

its going to be terrific!

i see You changed Your mind on the combination of Porsche crest on the head restraints AND on the Lid of the storage bin.

Arent 3 Porsche crests too much, if i may suggest?

cheers

nick

Personally, I like the 2 Porsche crests on the head restraints with the model logo on the central storage bin lid. But I see that John has gone for all 3 with the Porsche crests.

FWIW I expect the model logo would be a smaller font size since 'Carrera GTS' is a bit long. Also, note that the direction of the model logo writing doesn't change AFAIK between LHD and RHD cars. Just some factors worth thinking about before finalising the order.

As for voice control, John, I suspected this would be the case. In theory, it would be great to just speak our commands to the car e.g. to set a satnav destination or make a phone call etc but in reality, depending on ambient noises, reliability and accuracy can be hit or miss.

--

RT Moderator 
    - 997.1 Carrera S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Rennteam signature photo 2.jpg

easy_rider911:

Also, note that the direction of the model logo writing doesn't change AFAIK between LHD and RHD cars. Just some factors worth thinking about before finalising the order.

Exactly..Smiley  We examined the combination of crests and logos in the configurator.  The OPC's massive on-wall screen, plus the zooming tool, gave a complete picture of how they would look. 

As Easy says the logo is too long and, for RHD cars, faces the wrong way.  I had thought having 3 crests may be over-kill, but actually they compliment each other rather well...Smiley

--

Are you sure the logo faces the wrong way on RHD.

In the case of the aluminum handbrake with the logo engraved they make two different ones for RHD and for LHD. Perhaps It's just not differentiated on the configurator.

--

"Form follows function"

John H:
    I had thought having 3 crests may be over-kill, but actually they compliment each other rather well...Smiley

And at most you see only two of them. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

reginos, thanks for reminding me - I think you may be right - the model logo does change from RHD to LHD so that it always is the right way up for the driver.

Now I remember - for LHD cars "Carrera S" looked fine. For RHD cars, when I took delivery of mine, the "S" in "Carrera S" looked like it was only just fitting on the storage bin lid.

(Apologies for causing unnecessary confusion John Smiley)

Nonetheless, the point I was making still applies - "Carrera GTS" is still very long and will not fit easily without the font size being reduced quite a bit.

--

RT Moderator - 997.1 Carrera S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

I  like my Carrera S logo on tmy storage lid. It does add a nice touch . Now Carrera GTS would indeed be too long-

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

I think it looks nice. Smaller fond it seems.

detail_mXUV_99715.jpg

--

"Form follows function"

997.2 Carrera GTS at the Paris Motor Show

origin.porsche.com/uk 

--

RT Moderator 
    - 997.1 Carrera S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

John I didn't see if you specified wether your spyder wheels were black or not, but if they are then your car should be looking something like the one on display in Paris right now, just found these pics. You are going to enjoy that car a lot congrats.

Many thanks for the pics Enmanuel - yes my spec. is for black 19" RS Spyder wheels with centre lock..

In fact that car's exterior looks very much like what I'm expecting, except I've ordered a sunroof... just for the occasional sunny day we may get here from time to time..

Anyone been to the Paris show..

--

one other suggestion if  i may, John!

there is an option to have the triangles (where the mirrors are mounted) on the doors to be painted in exterior color.

costs little looks terrific i think,

have a look at it, because it would make a huge difference with a white car (since the standard option of these triangles is black).

nick

nick1:

there is an option to have the triangles (where the mirrors are mounted) on the doors to be painted in exterior color.

have a look at it, because it would make a huge difference with a white car (since the standard option of these triangles is black).

nick

+1 Smiley Good suggestion. Looks great on a white car Smiley

DSC_0158.jpg

--

997.2 Carrera S in Carrara White. PASM-Sport Suspension (-20 mm), PSE.

987.1 Boxster S in Arctic Silver with 'Martini Racing' design. H&R Monotube Coil-Over Suspension, H&R Anti-Roll Bars, Sachs Racing Clutch, Single-Mass Flywheel, Recaro Pole Position Seats, PSE.

Wow - the CGTS looks really good in the flesh  

--

RT Moderator 

bluelines:
    nick1:

nick

+1 Smiley Good suggestion. Looks great on a white car Smiley

DSC_0158.jpg

I would leave it black, IMO black looks better than white. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

I would leave it black too... white for me, it seems too aftermarket...Smiley

--
    997 TT, what a car/che'mmmmmaghena!!!

reginos:

I think full leather interior is standard on all UK 911s.

From my understanding it is a separate option, only the leather / leather&alcantara seats are standard.

Super Darius:

Smiley

993Targa:
    Super Darius:

Smiley

+1

+2

--

RT Moderator 

Many thanks for the suggestion Nick, but I think I'll stay with black - it matches the adjacent windscreen surround..

GTS pic front large.jpg

--

It looks great - congrats John! 

--

www.youtube.com/watch

John H:

Many thanks for the suggestion Nick, but I think I'll stay with black - it matches the adjacent windscreen surround..

GTS pic front large.jpg

One more little detail...get the front light washers painted in white or black. It's a small detail, the option does not cost very much, and it completes the car . Those 'chrome' washers are so out of place on a car that has no other part in chrome .

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

+1

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

But if  what you want is an all white car, then you have to also order the edges of the side skirts and the lower edges of the front and rear bumpers in body colour. They are black as standard

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:

But if  what you want is an all white car, then you have to also order the edges of the side skirts and the lower edges of the front and rear bumpers in body colour. They are black as standard

I had thought of that but, when I tried it in the configurator, I preferred them black.

BTW - There are options for side skirts and front but not rear bumpers..Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM